The Charred Rib
12 West Ridgely Road
Timonium, MD 21093Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Charred Rib
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thecharredrib.net/
- Phone: 4105610060
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: We offer convenient ordering and planning and can accommodate large parties. Our delicious menus are presented with style, consistent quality and top-notch service. We have banquet facilities and private rooms for all occasions.
A word from The Charred Rib
The Charred Rib restaurant is committed to designing and delivering delicious food, customized menus and attentive service for any occasion. With our experience and exceptional staff, creating a custom feast for your next party or special event is both our purpose and our pleasure!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Charred Rib reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not Good At AllOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013There weren't any redeeming qualities about this restaurant. They advertise that they have the best ribs in Baltimore. This is not true. The ribs are not very good at all. The classic BBQ sauce is runny and tangy, not smokey with a hint of sweetness. Additionally, the restaurant is dark, and it is more of a bar with a lot of tables. The mashed potatoes tasted like they had been cooked and then in they were microwaved. Not impressive at all.
- Some of the best ribs we haveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013Some of the best ribs we have had. One in our group really enjoyed the prime rib. The sauces were excellent. The service was great and everything was timed perfectly for our large group.Special Features:
- The wait staff was great andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2013The wait staff was great and the food was served hot and timely.Special Features:
- We expected decent food, andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We expected decent food, and got AMAZING food. Yes, it's a "local place" and we were worried it would be more focused on the bar aspect, but the food at the restaurant is great, and the service was fantastic.Special Features:
- We were celebrating a birthdayDianaVIPDined on 1/27/2013We were celebrating a birthday with a baby and the restaurant was so accommodating.Special Features:
- That was a really good buffet.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2012That was a really good buffet. The downside was the amount of tip they included especially when we got our own food. The tip was the price of an adult and child. Something to thing about for next time.Special Features:
- Good ribs but expensive overallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012I enjoyed the ribs I had and they did say they were the restaurant specialty. The crab cake I had was pretty good too. My wife had prime rib and it was more like a thick steak. Not what she expected. The service was good, but not great. Decor is really dated, but that didn't really bother me. It was pretty expensive for what we got, I thought. Even with an Entertainment coupon (only good for $8 off), the bill was still close to $50 with tip. I'm not sure at that price (two steak/rib meals for ~$60) how they will compete with Outback or other steak houses, but not very well, I'm thinking.
- Ughlov2eatVIPDined on 7/5/2012Ugh! The service was fine and attentive albeit very casual, but this tired local haunt gives other OT restaurants a really bad name! The only reason we tried it was because it was on OT. We've grown to trust OT restaurants. This one, however, is little mOre than a local, old school place. Food was ok (ribs, their speciality, were decent but nothing remarkable). I wish it were better - but it wasn't. I'd avoid going again if at all possible. OT should have higher standards.
- If you stick to the ribs,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/16/2012If you stick to the ribs, you'll be very pleased. Baked beans and cole slaw are a cut above.Special Features:
- damper on a beautiful outingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2012my food was pretty good, i ordered the chicken and ribs my husband on the other hand had the 16oz NY strip medium-well instead his steak was rare, after waiting 10mins or so for our waiter, i decided to go looking for him, when i located him we nicely asked if the steak be cooked a little more, when he returned with the steak my husband could tell the steak was put in the microweave instead of back on the grill. my husband just graduated with a culinary art/ business management degree the reason for the celebration, we also had tickets to magoobys which we were late for do the the sloooooooooow service.Special Features:
- Under renovations at the time.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/14/2012Under renovations at the time. Look to be going sports bar oriented. Took a while for server to show up for intro and drinks. Food was good. Will probably try again after construction.
- All was good but our serverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2012All was good but our server left us with the bill, never returning to our table. We had to seek somebody out to pick up our check.
- I thought that the food andMandyDined on 4/14/2012I thought that the food and the atmosphere was amazing, but they were remodeling so seating was difficult. I cannot wait to go back once the remodeling is over, it looks like they are going to make some fabulous changes.Special Features:
- Nice Birthday Dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012Food was good and that is what is most important. We were celebrating my 39th birthday and were sat initially in the main dinning room. The few tables that were seated already were a much older crowd. We asked to be seated on the bar side for fear that we may be lively for those around us. Our waitress Barb was friendly and accommodating. I was served my entree before the rest of the table was served their appetizers. We had a nice time.
- What started as an annoyingJeffBVIPDined on 2/22/2012What started as an annoying experience turned into a nice meal. We were seated in an almost empty dining room - there were two other tables. We sat for an eternity (well, about ten minutes) with no one approaching our table. Finally, two staff came out and delivered food two tables away from us. They then turned around and walked out of the room! I approached a busboy and asked (obviously annoyed) if there was anyone working. He found a waitress who must have told her I was upset for when she came to the table it was with a bit of an attitude, like, "don't mess with me, buddy!" No apology or anything. I let it go as it was my birthday and I wasn't looking for an unpleasant experience. Ultimately, she warmed up and the ribs were delicious!
- Great food,great ribs goodstubbyDined on 1/21/2012Great food,great ribs good service . Felt comfortable at the place We will go backSpecial Features:
- Osters Rockefeller were hotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/13/2012Osters Rockefeller were hot and delicious, petite fillets wrapped in bacon were bland and ribs were dryed out. Waitress distracted by other things in bar area, overlooked salads until main meal arrived, had main meal ret'd to kitchen then delivered salads. Offered rolls for table-never saw even after asking for them on delivery of meal. Petite Fillets wrapped in bacon were VERY bland, ribs dyed out, mashed potatoes tasted like instant, and fries were not from real potatoes. Might be a good local bar food stop, or lunch stop, but would not retrurn for dinner