The Charcoal Room - Santa Fe Station Hotel & Casino
4949 North Rancho Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89130Neighborhood:
North Las Vegas
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
The Charcoal Room - Santa Fe Station Hotel & Casino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.santafestation.sclv.com/Dining/The-Charcoal-Room.aspx
- Phone: 7026584900x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining for up to 45 guest featuring customized menus.
- Private Party Contact: Jenni Colonia 7025154370x
A word from The Charcoal Room - Santa Fe Station Hotel & Casino
Fine dining without the pretension! The Charcoal Room features steaks, fresh fish and daily special selections along with a superb wine list. Our bar offers complete dinner service along with fine beverage selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
The Charcoal Room - Santa Fe Station Hotel & Casino - Best Restaurants in North Las Vegas ›
The Charcoal Room - Santa Fe Station Hotel & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)romantic (18)special occasion (17)fit for foodies (9)notable wine list (4)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- A great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I was impressed by the ribeye in that it was cooked to perfection. It was also served with a sauce however that was served on the side rather than on the steak. A ribeye is a cut that usually needs nothing but it's own flavor which in this case was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charcoal RoomnancykDined on 8/20/2014Had a great time and meal..Patty our server was wonderful. She knew the menu and the casino offerings for dining...Would go again and ask for Patty...Our food was very good..Special Features:
- Good foodHowieDined on 8/16/2014Went there to try it out. The steak were absolutely cooked to perfection. I had the prime strip and my wife had the petite filet. My strip was tender, very little fat or grizzle. Will definetly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great foodMikeVIPDined on 8/15/2014We have been to the Charcoal Room on many occasions and the food never disappoints. Diane is an excellent server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Charcoal Roomolderthan78Dined on 8/4/2014Overall experience was good. Service was excellent. Table was a little to close to main entry & therefore the noise level was distracting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the Charcoal RoomFressorDined on 8/3/2014Service by Jesus was the best. The crab legs were quite large and very tasty. Will definitely come back for the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealJulietEchoDined on 7/19/2014The oysters were fresh and tasty. The tomato mozzarella salad was plated nicely and tasted great, just need more basil. The filet mignon and sautéed asparagus were perfectly cooked. Excellent service!Special Features:
- LocalNutritiousDeliciousDined on 7/14/2014The food and service has always been excellent. We know we will have a great meal at a fair price whenever we dine at the Charcoal Room. Great place and in our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceFrancophoneDined on 7/4/2014Great steaks, great service. We've been coming to the charcoal room for a while and it is consistently excellentI would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak yummmLoveItalianVIPDined on 6/28/2014Our waiter ignored us for long periods of time, probably thinking 2 women would not tip well. We had to flag him down several times. He apparently left and another server presented us with the bill. However, we did tip well.Special Features:
- DinnerforTwoDined on 6/23/2014They made me and my company feel comfortable. The food was cooked the way we ordered it and they came to the table to make sure we had every thing that we needed or wanted.Special Features:
- Special evening that wasn't specialKateDined on 6/17/2014I made a reservation for a dinner to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday, which I indicated on the reservation. He was wished a happy birthday when we checked in with the hostess, but no mention was made after that. The server was pleasant and a manager (I assume) even stopped by the table to ask, "everything okay?" as we dined on an appetizer, champagne, steak, etc. Thinking that a surprise dessert would be presented as we have experienced at other restaurants, we declined to order dessert. Our check was presented, we paid and left. I was very disappointed that this nicely appointed restaurant couldn't even give us a scoop of ice cream with a candle on top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never seatedOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/27/2014We stood there waiting to be seated for five minutes. Place looked empty and ready to close even though it was 830pm. Never ate there -left and went next door.
- Great placeChelsDined on 5/15/2014We always love going here for special occasions. We love the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharcoaliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The only place that I can find a bone in filet! Service was great as usual! Would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMarieDined on 5/3/2014We just love the whole place and servers was great Food was outstanding I would tell Every One I new and people I just ran intoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant in Centennial AreaBillDined on 5/2/2014Lived in this area for over 2 years and try to avoid heading down to strip as much as possible. Charcoal Room brings great food to the locals of the northern part of town. We had great salads steaks and dessert. Only complaint would be service. If you are used to the quality of servers at finer restaurants you will be let down. We will return!Special Features:
- The following 132 reviews are from the The Charcoal Room - Santa Fe Station Hotel & Casino reviews archive.
- Dining experience!degenesis2014Dined on 4/24/2014We both enjoyed our dining experience from entering the restaurant and seated at our booth! The staff was very prompt with their service!! We both enjoyed our steaks my husband had the bone in N.Y. and I had the filet! They both were outstanding!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charcoal Room was Great1dinerDined on 4/14/2014The steaks were outstanding and the drinks were good.Special Features:
- So-so ServiceDinner42Dined on 4/5/2014Service was better from busing staff than server. Too bad. We will be back just request to not have the blonde lady. Probably just an off night but hardly saw her the whole night at our table and we spent close to $200 on dinner.
- Lovely Experience !!SandyDined on 4/1/2014It's always fun to visit the Charcole Room. It's great because we love to use the casino, then go into eat. Same location. We had the best lamp chops and blackened salmon, which we split. Love their wedge salad. They make their own blue cheese dressing. Delicious. The vegetable servings are large enough to split. The baked potatoes are very large !! !! The service is excellent, and everyone is professional. We use it when we want to treat ourselves, and also on special occasions. We'll go next week when our son is visiting from Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was excellent!!!TigerTrippinDined on 6/21/2012The service was excellent!!! Food was a little pricey for the quantity/quality/location.
- Local gem..OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/16/2012Great hidden gem. Food is delicious, and plentiful. Great martini selection. Request a booth for romance.Special Features:
- We have eaten at the charcoalzpairDined on 5/13/2012We have eaten at the charcoal room many times and this was a very disappointing visit. Our server, Kevin, was not told we were seated for over 25 minutes. Normally the steaks are excellent however they were very dry and not very flavorful. My daughter refused to eat hers because it was to crunchy! Overall this experience was not a great one. We have always had excellent service and food in the past, even on other Holidays. This was a disappointment.
- Not as good as it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2012I hadn't been to the Charcoal Ranch in a while. The quality of the food had gone down while the prices have risen.
- The stuffed lobster was notOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/18/2012The stuffed lobster was not very good,poor value overall for the money
- Food was good but could haveolderthan78Dined on 1/7/2012Food was good but could have been better. Service was excellent but the noise level was a bit much.Special Features:
- OK but not the best.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/30/2011Food was good but my filet was overcooked and the bernaise sauce heavy and thick. Have had better steaks elsewhere. Will not return.
- Take a pass.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/17/2011Our waitress was in a sudafed induced coma. Other than that, the filet was tender, and the side dish of roasted tomato, spinach and cheese was delicious. Martini's were a bit watered down. Too pricey for North Las Vegas.Special Features:
- Excellent food & poor service.eatoutoftenVIPDined on 11/10/2011First thing that went wrong was that even though we had reservations through open table and had received several emails verifying that we did we were not in the system for our reservation! We have been loyal customers at the gourmet room at the Santa Fe since the time it was the Taos. Over the years the food quality has remained the same but the service has been and continues to go downhill. When one pays the price to eat at a gourmet restaurant it is disheartening to sit at a table with an empty ice tea glass. It is a real shame to watch this happen to a fine restaurant. I wrote a letter of complaint a while back to the food & beverage manager about a bad experience at the Santa Fe buffet. They never had the courtesy to answer the letterSpecial Features:
- Pretty good kind of genericOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/28/2011Pretty good kind of generic nothing really stood outSpecial Features:
- Have eaten there quite a fewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2011Have eaten there quite a few times in the past and loved it, however, it has been a couple years ago. This experience was very disappointing, we ordered the lobster & steak special, the lemon butter was served cold and the butter was even congealed. While we were not expecting a large sized lobster tail I believe it was a total of three bites worth. The steak was a very cheap cut NY Strip. The crab cakes were as good as we remembered, and they are the real reason we returned. We had to wait a considerable amount of time between each course. We had a $25.oo off coupon for here that we have given away after our last visit, hopefully their experience will be better.
- The food and service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2011The food and service was excellent as usual. We have been going to this place since it opened and the food has remained consistent. This is unusual for a restaurant.Special Features:
- Second time here. Not asOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2011Second time here. Not as good as the first. The quality of the food was disappointing and the service felt like we were dining at Denny's.
- Charcoal Room STILL needseatoutoftenVIPDined on 9/8/2011Charcoal Room STILL needs work on the service. Sat for a while with an empty tea glass, this is uncalled for in a gourmet restaurant.Special Features:
- The Charcoal Room was a niceNvnativeVIPDined on 8/26/2011The Charcoal Room was a nice place to eat with good food, but at this price level that's middle of the road. There was nothing truly exceptional about the food, the service or the ambience to recommend it above other steakhouses in town.
- The food at Charcoal roomeatoutoftenVIPDined on 7/14/2011The food at Charcoal room has always been superior. We have been going here since it opened. HOWEVER the service gets worse with each visit. Now at a point where we may not return. Being treated as a "valued customer" is just as important as the presentation and taste of the food.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/21/2011The food was excellent, definitely on a par with what one expects from a steakhouse with steakhouse prices. HOWEVER, the service was indifferent at best, and the beverage service was particularly bad. We had to repeat our drink orders, my water glass was never refilled, and we had to wait 10 minutes and then flag someone down to get my date's drink refilled. There was a surprisingly long wait between appetizers and entrees....and then once the entrees finally came out two of the plates were too hot to touch, meaning they'd actually been ready and under the heat lamps for quite some time. No explanation or apology was offered for the delay.Special Features:
- Food has been maintained excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2011Food has been maintained excellent since its opening.Special Features:
- As always the Charcoal RoomOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/4/2011As always the Charcoal Room was fabulous. Excellant service and food. It never disappoints.Special Features: