The Charcoal Room - Palace Station Hotel & Casino
2411 W Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89102Neighborhood:
Near the Strip
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
The Charcoal Room - Palace Station Hotel & Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://palacestation.sclv.com/Dining.aspx
- Phone: 7022216678
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Wine Bar, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Franciso Hernandez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our elegant and secluded area is perfect for all occasions. Each private dining room has state of the art audio visual TV capabilities for conference presentations and viewing parties. Great for special events, business dinners and social gatherings.
- Private Party Contact: Diego Montemayor 7022216626
- Cross Street: W. Sahara and I-15 Freeway
- Public Transit: Easy access from I-15 Freeway. Complementary shuttle to and from airport and Fashion Show Mall on the Las Vegas Strip. Call front desk for times.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Free Hotel Covered Self Parking in Garage and Complementary Valet.
A word from The Charcoal Room - Palace Station Hotel & Casino
A Local’s Steakhouse Slightly Off the Strip. The Charcoal Room features great steaks, fresh fish and daily special selections along with a superb wine list in the heart of Las Vegas. Our bar offers complete dinner service along with fine beverage selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Charcoal Room - Palace Station Hotel & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (10)romantic (10)notable wine list (9)fit for foodies (8)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Only for special occasionsLisapDined on 8/31/2014The service was awesome. Tony, our waiter was very knowledgable, and is an asset to this establishment. The food was average but the portions were large. Definately did not leave there hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodfullerbrushlady9737078Dined on 8/31/2014Had the bone in rib eye. The meat was cooked to order. The bread was excellent. It took a little too long for the salad to come out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointmentDon56Dined on 8/31/2014While we loved the old Broiler for many years, we agreed that it needed a facelift. The new Charcoal Room was supposed to be that, an improved and updated Broiler. Unfortunately for a moderately high priced steak house the service was very poor. The wait staff all were quite young and did not have experience with high end service more that a poorly run Denny's. Our soup was delivered with no spoon (Oh, I'll get you one and he left). The French Onion Soup was very weak (once I got a spoon to eat it with). Food and dishes were dropped a minimum of twice in less than an hour. The Steak and Baked Potato were fine and the Cream Brulee was top notch. This restaurant could be good but needs hands on management to bring it up to snuff.
- Great steaks & serviceMarieDined on 8/30/2014Our steaks were delicious and well prepared. Also, our waiter, Billy, was attentive, without being overbearing, and knew his menu and wine list, making good suggestions from both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014This place was extremely expensive. The food was just OK. The steak was ordered medium and it had almost no pink inside. We had to ask for a refill on water TWICE! for the price you pay, there are other places that are much better.Special Features:
- What a swell dinnerDrockyDined on 8/27/2014Started well, seated promptly. The server Joe, was right there. Water and bread arrived. zippy. Placed our orders. Caesars salad was fine .Friend's onion soup outstanding. The rib steak to die for, and the cow died. Yams and asparagus was fine. Friends lamb chops were eaten down to the bone. The new York looked perectly cooked. All we well for all of us.Special Features:
- VanBVIPDined on 8/26/2014Good experience--the whole scene was excellent--a bit better than the Charcoal Room at the Santa Fe as far as we are concerned. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary at the Char Coal Room at the Palace Station. Our meal was delicious and the service was great...even the recommedations of the server were Right-On. We will certainly go there again just for kicks.dozgoddasSpecial Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Great, courteous, knowledgeable staff. Food is tasty and prepared to your liking. The wife tried the scallops and is still raving about them. If you want to treat yourself to a nice dining experience, The Charcoal Room will not disappointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatGREATDined on 8/22/2014thanks great staff great services great results. the food was great i would be back and tell my friends and family about this wonderful place. thanks again.Special Features:
- Gave it a chance & I'd do it againMrsCrinklefry19Dined on 8/20/2014Our server was very nice, knowledgeable about the steak cuts, and checked on us often. The busboy was also very nice, but only re-filled our waters once & never refilled my iced tea, so we were thirsty with empty glasses at the end of our meal. My partner's porterhouse steak was cooked a perfect medium well & the cilantro peppercorn sauce the server brought with it was absolutely delectable. My Colorado lamb chops were also a perfect medium rare, however, I did not care for the red wine sauce. I would have enjoyed a mint sauce better, but I used my partner's sauce which went wonderfully with my lamb, too. My 2nd bite of sea scallop greeted me with a serious crunch of sand. My replacements were buttery, yummy & sand-free perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customerdegenesis2014Dined on 8/16/2014Nice meal,average service,nice room only a if in area for next visit.Special Features:
- Hits just the right spotIlikefoodDined on 8/10/2014Went on a Sunday Night and was very happily seated. We had reservations for 6p.m. Felt very comfortable (seating). I went with my parents (elderly) Mom uses a walker and this was no problem. Waiter and hostess were extremely friendly and attentive that was very much welcomed from both my parents. The food was also great and prepared perfectly. Portions were great. This was a pleasurable dining experience, I'm sure to be a return customer and now I have some where new to tell the owners and guests at where I work to go for a great dining experience local style and treatment. Keep up the great service and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Off-Strip Findplumeria702Dined on 8/3/2014Having noticed this new steakhouse at Palace Station w/a new look, we grabbed the chance to check it out & are glad to report this place as a new off-Strip find! Food tasty; service impeccable. Ribeye delectable & cooked to perfection, better than many from other Strip fine-dining places. Sea Bass came with a nice crust of herbs and spices. At first glance it looked burnt but a single taste proved it to have a flavorful crust over a perfectly prepared fish. Delightfully different. Surf and Turf, great steak tho' not as good as the Ribeye, great sized lobster. Desserts could be improved. On recommendation we had the Rice Pudding but weren't impressed and chocolate cake was just average. I would return and bring guests again.Special Features:
- Great FoodVegasgirlDined on 8/2/2014Food was fantastic and at a reasonable cost. Best boneless New York I've tasted since the Old Vegas days!! Was a bit noisy due to several large parties being consolidated to one specific area. Service was a bit slow and a little confused. However this is an easy fix as the talent is definitely there. A little more time and staff will be dialed in. I truly enjoyed celebrating my Birthday here and will returning very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedSteakhouseloverDined on 8/1/2014When I called to verify my reservation for 8 people, I was not told we could reserve a quiet room in the back of the restaurant. Instead we were seated at a long table with one end next to the kitchen. Our server Oliver was exceptional, but the food was mediocre.
- Pretty good spotlvfoodVIPDined on 7/16/2014Unfortunately, we first had to take the mandatory walk through the smoke-filled casino to get to the restaurant, but it was probably worth the walk. The waitress was very friendly and helpful, but I think she needed a little more experience to help her answer questions about the menu. The scallops as an appetizer were very good with a nice, flavorful sauce, but my mistake was folllowing the scallops with a sea bass entree. The taste was much too similar, but it was my ordering error, not a problem with either dish. The bone-in rib eye was tender and flavorful and the Kale salad was refreshingly different. It was a very reasonably priced steakhouse and I'd definitely return.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the The Charcoal Room - Palace Station Hotel & Casino reviews archive.