The Chapel Grill
811 7th Ave S
Naples, FL 34102Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Chapel Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thechapelgrill.com/
- Phone: (239) 206-4310
- Hours of Operation:
Tavern opens at 4 pm for happy hour and dining room at 5 pm .We are open Tuesday thru Sunday and closed Mondays until January 12, 2015. Brunch will start Sunday January 18th from 11 am-2 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jorge Nolasco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Contact for more details (239)206-4310
- Private Party Facilities: The Chapel Grill's Private Dining Program accommodates any private event from 10 to 300 people. Our private dining room alone can entertain up to 60 people. We will also offer full service catering for your off-site events. As Event Coordinators for the Chapel Grill we will help you choose the best menu for your special event. We have multiple tiers of menus to offer, all of which are customizable for your specific event. Whether you are looking for a full sit down menu or light passed hors d'oeurvers we can accommodate any taste and budget.
- Private Party Contact: Erka Spaho 2392730183x
- Entertainment: Thursday through Sunday 5PM-8PM
- Special Events: Contact for more details (239)206-4310
A word from The Chapel Grill
Chapel Grill is located in the old First Baptist Church of Naples; a 65 year old landmark. The church, which once rung with the voice of famed evangelist Billy Graham, is being renovated and refashioned into what, will be one of Naples newest dining spots. Chapel Grill will specialize in fresh local seafood and specialty steaks of the highest quality. A full bar, indoor and outdoor seating, private dining rooms, and valet parking are just a few of our offerings. Along with a chorus of sinful cocktails and silky smooth wines served with ceremony be prepared for a dining experience that is simply....Heavenly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Chapel Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (11)special occasion (9)neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (7)vibrant bar scene (5)good for groups (4)romantic (3)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- LilliabLillyDined on 11/15/2014It was great food, service and atmosphere!! Our waiter was very personable and attentive vSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mr.Joejen1234Dined on 11/12/2014Average food, ambiance and a touch better service. Overpriced fir quality of food Not in my Naples top 20.Special Features:
- OverpricedcbknDined on 11/12/2014The quality of food selection is below par. Prime rib just under $40 was chewy and without flavor, garlic mashed potatoes were much like a mouth full of garlic. Restaurant should do better at the prices they charge.
- No backsies!chenillesmomDined on 11/12/2014The food was good but the prices were out of line. I found it close to the theater but wold not return due to the prices. 10-15 dollars for a salad? Now that takes guts! The server was very good!!!
- ExpensiveannarborDined on 11/6/2014Great reading menu however, the actual dish you receive is not up to expectations. (i.e.) I ordered a Caesar salad and got two small whole stalks of romaine lettuce, (not torn apart) at a cost of $10 you'd expect something better.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Fantastic food, excellent service - a great choice for any one who considers themselves a gourmet.Special Features:
- Excellent service and cuisineKathyVIPDined on 10/30/2014We had the best of service. We were late and had tix for The Gulfshore Playhouse and everyone, from the hostesses, to the waitress and busboy...all put in the extra effort to get us to the play on time. Our dinners were delicious and the friendly service was OUTSTANDING.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Our first time at Chapel Grill; food was disappointing and the prices were unreasonable for portion size and quality. Prime rib dinner was served lukewarm; nothing to write home about either with the 3 scallops on a beef marrow bone - strange combination. The dessert, caramel cupcake reminded us of something out of an Entenmann's box and was a bit stale - definitely not worth the money. The only thing we were happy with was the appetizers.
- Very Nice Spotjustlove2eatoutVIPDined on 10/22/2014We went here for our anniversary, very slow night due to the fact Naples is still in the low season. Food was very good and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but a little misleadingMrsWoogzDined on 10/18/2014We have been to Chapel Grill a few times and enjoy it for a special occasion meal. This time we were seated outdoors at a lovely table and on the table was the "Special Bar Menu" featuring burgers etc. We attempted to order from this menu but were told that was only for the "Bar" area. OK, fine, but why was it on our table and every other table in the room? Never got a satisfactory answer from the waiter and didn't want to make an issue because we were with guests. This left some bad feelings and don't know how quickly we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just off crazy busy 5th AvekaydinesoutVIPDined on 10/18/2014This place keeps getting better. Very good beet salad, beautifully presented and generously proportioned. Seafood entrees and Caesar salad also very good. Slightly off beaten path (just one block south of busy 5th Ave) but worth seeking out. Indoor and outdoor dining. Nice live music entertainment. Very convenient to Gulfshore Playhouse, perhaps the best live theatre in Naples.
- anneDined on 10/17/2014we enjoyed a very tasty pre theater dinner ... service and ambiance was delightful we will go again!!!!!Special Features:
- The following 561 reviews are from the The Chapel Grill reviews archive.
- Summer slack.BahhumbugDined on 6/27/2014The food overall is good but there were a couple of hiccups. The dressing for the salad was very sweet for an oil and vinegar combo and the onions on top were sour like they've been sitting and fermenting. Their bread pudding is usually to die for but this time they had overripe bananas on top and a few bits of dried bread in the mix. They're slacking in the summer months for the ones who have to put up with all the snowbirds for more than half the year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique city setting..odeneVIPDined on 6/26/2014Very good ingredients... Professional waitstaff... Fun place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyablebkmartellVIPDined on 6/21/2014We always enjoy The Chapel Grill. Food is great and the staff are always pleasant and helpful.Special Features:
- horribleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014Stay away. This restaurant had the food already made before we ordered. They have a limited menu. The food was horrendous. Do not waste a dinner on this place.
- The Chapel Grill CritiqueOut2dineDined on 6/13/2014Having heard such good things about The Chapel Grill restaurant, we decided to try it out when friends came into town. The menu offered a good variety of choices. My wife and I had the perfectly prepared salmon and our friends chose the short ribs which they thoroughly enjoyed. The experience definitely did not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for family and friendsEdfromVillanovaDined on 6/6/2014Chapel Grill has a nice selection of appetizers and entrees. Service was very good and staff very friendly. My family and I enjoyed our dinner in this very quaint restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellentharlow1Dined on 5/31/2014This was my second time dining at Chapel Grill. The food was outstanding and the service was accommodating and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantTrudyVIPDined on 5/25/2014In Naples with all it's fine dining places, Chapel Grill is at the top. After dining there many times, the food is consistently good and the service unbeatable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeScottyVIPDined on 5/11/2014This is one of our new local hot spots, we love the patio on the north side. Food and service is exceptional. Check this one out, it is off the beaten path of 5th avenue about a block which is awesome in season.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DinnerpjocDined on 5/11/2014We chose Chapel Grill for dinner after the theater based upon a recommendation from several friends. Overall, the three of us were quite pleased with the food and the service we received. I chose the Snapper with Crab risotto...outstanding! My only complaint: we had checked the drink & food menu on their website prior to booking. They clearly state Happy Hour daily 6 days a week from 4-6. Upon arrival, we are told it does not apply to holidays. The website SHOULD have stated that. A thank you to Marty for the wonderful service we received. He was very attentive and accommodating without being intrusive. Chapel Grill provided a lovely end to a lovely day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just the best !!!!Brian1212Dined on 5/11/2014We have ate here before and if you want the best in all areas, well look no farther.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Would not recommend Mothers Day buffet.Roast beef was sirloin of beef and was tough.Breakfast items were ok.At a buffet, service was minimal.Very crowded and somewhat unorganized(we were 3 and sat at a table or8)
- Mixed BagDissapointed3Dined on 5/11/2014Was pretty much forced to eat outdoors even though made reservation well in advance. Options to eat indoors were given in a take or leave it informality. Valet personnel very courteous. Receptionists were very unprofessional specifically Shorter, black hair, older lady. An older couple ahead of us was not verbally treated well. Brunch was not up to par to other visits. The other visits were completely different than Easter day service. Will not be going back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Never feel special hereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014We had reservations and upon arrival, the hostess was very flustered and not friendly. They acted as if we werent on the list. They sat us outside in 90 degree weather with a baby which was very iritating. All of the other tables had their names written and displayed per there reservation except us. This is my 2nd time there. First time everything wasn't good correctly. Emailed manager and received no response. Not returning.
- Good, but nothing extraordinary.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/9/2014The location is very neat and beautiful. I felt the menu was rather plain with nothing to peak my interest. Ended up ordering the pork chop which was okay, but the barbecue sauce felt like an afterthought.
- Chapel Grill experienceSueBDined on 5/7/2014Will not return because the food choice and quality did not justify the price.
- First Chapel ExperienceJRomanDined on 5/3/2014After I have been wanting to try this place for months, myself and a couple friends decided to give it a whirl. It was very quiet for a 8pm reservation but I will note they werent all that busy, especially for a saturday night. Not sure if this is typically the case but it was pleasant for us. The service was good and friendly and the food was very good. The food wasnt over the top but it was well worth it. The prices are similiar to what you would find in downtown Naples but bottom line, we would go back.Special Features:
- ugh!YuckDined on 5/3/2014Great wait staff. The food was horrible. Medallions of beef were served looking like strips of beef, fatty, gristle. Risotto was over powered with cheese. Mashed potatoes were more mustard than potatoes.
- EdieDined on 4/30/2014I have always had a good meal and good service in the many times I was at The Chapel Grill this season. Keep it up. I liked the summer menu that you are using now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't GO WrongSAMMYandROBINDined on 4/27/2014Back in Naples for a second year in a row...and we had to make a repeat stop....food and service were great and I would suggest to make room on your restaurant rounds to stop inSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining in the ChapelAMGroupDined on 4/26/2014This was our second visit and it was superior to our first. Our service was impeccable. Attentive, informative, and professional. Our food from appetizers through dessert brought smiles to our face and pleasure to our palates. The Chapel Grill is one of the best in the area.Special Features:
- Once and doneFoodsnobVIPDined on 4/25/2014Totally unimpressed with this restaurant. Taste was below average and price was too high for what it was. We were a party of 8 and everyone voted it off the list of places we will go back toSpecial Features:
- Great PresentationfranticfoodieDined on 4/23/2014Not only was the food exceptional, the dish presentations were great! The tuna is a must !!! We had a party of 7 and the service was wonderful! Chapel Grill is definitely on my return list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobbieBobbieDined on 4/21/2014Chapel Grill has become one of our favorite dining establishments in downtown Naples. We have been there three times since the end of Jan/2013. All three times the food has been fantastic and the service wonderful. Two of our three visits to chapel grill were with our children and grandchildren. They have a wonderful childrens' menu complete with a very fancy dessert included with their meals. The staff is alway very friendly and accommodating. We will return over and over again! We loved sitting on the verandah off the bar....very quiet and great for visiting.Special Features:
- No Lamb on EasterPMGCVIPDined on 4/20/2014My wife and some friends decided to go to Easter dinner together. My wife asked if we could go somewhere nice, but somewhere that had lamb on their Easter menu. I looked on Open Table for somewhere nice, and selected The Chapel Grill. I went to their web site to see what the Easter Menu would be. In addition, I called the restaurant to confirm that they would have Lamb for our 7:30 reservation. By now you know the "rest of the story". The waiter informed us that they had sold out of lamb! While I understand that they could have underestimated the demand for lamb on Easter, I was disappointed that neither the waiter, or the manager even tried to make four disappointed people happy about the situation.
- ServingsRadarDined on 4/20/2014The food was very good however the servings were on the small side.Special Features:
- Good For Special OccasionsMrSFastFoodDined on 4/20/2014We have gone for Brunch and Dinner. Both times the Staff was attentive with good food serve quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mesosassyDined on 4/19/2014This was a great find. Restuarant is elegant yet energetic, I would definately come back. Our waiter was vey helpful in selecting both food and wine. He was friendly and kind. I will absolutely return on our next trip back to Naples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.