1324 S Main St
Tulsa, OK 74119Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thechalkboard-tulsa.com/
- Phone: 9185821964
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am; Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am -10:30am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am -2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am -2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Californian, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Aaron Snody
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Chalkboard catering is a full service catering company that can do anything from the small family or business event up to large ball room or banquet events. The Chalkboard also has two completely private rooms on location and one semi private room.
- Private Party Facilities: The Tuscany room is our large catering room that is completely private and can hold up to 65 guests. The Provence room is our second room that is private that holds up to 20 guests. The Chalkboard also has semi private dinning in the wine cellar of the restaurant and can accommodate up to 35 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Joshua Ozaras 9185821964
- Entertainment: Sunday Brunch: Miles Rolston acoustic
A word from The Chalkboard
The Chalkboard is a cozy restaurant tucked in the bottom level of the historic Ambassador hotel. The mix of Continental and European flavors on the menu make The Chalkboard one of Tulsa's premier dinning locations. The Chalkboard restaurant offers three private rooms and full service catering. The restaurant is open breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week and 365 days a year. The Chalkboard bar is a great place to get a classic cocktail before a downtown show or enjoy a bite to eat and great conversation with locals and business travelers alike.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Chalkboard - Best Restaurants in Tulsa ›
The Chalkboard reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (22)romantic (18)fit for foodies (12)great for brunch (12)notable wine list (11)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (8)great for lunch (8)late-night find (2)Show More
- Wonderful DiningdesertdebDined on 9/8/2014This was a wonderful dining experience tucked in the basement of The Ambassador Hotel. The food, atmosphere and service were all fantastic. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely EveningiMacDined on 8/22/2014It was our anniversary. We had great service and complementary dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and peopleLove2dinefor2Dined on 8/16/2014We ate petite filet with steamed veggies and potato cakes. The best petite filet my husband has ever had! Great atmosphere and service. Sat next to a couple and had great conversation! Drinks were awesome. Will go again even if we don't stay at the hotel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Great food, outstanding service, and best martini I have ever had! ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealresokDined on 8/2/2014Took friends to the Chalkboard for their first time. They were absolutely thrilled with the whole expereince. The waitstaff were courteous, knowledgeable and friendly. The food was outstanding. We left with full and very satisfied tummy's. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerLarryDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I enjoyed a very good meal in celebration of her birthday. This was our latest visit to The Chalkboard. We have been dinning there for years to celebrate special events. Saturday night was just what we expected, great food and service. We will be returning at some point in the future.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary!KrisDined on 7/12/2014The staff at The Chalkboard made our anniversary celebration one to remember. The food was delicious and the service was top notch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014Fine dining prices for not so fine dining food....the food might sound fine on the menu but overall it wasnt that fabulous especially for the prices.
- Wonderful food!leefamilyabileneTXDined on 7/12/2014Our family celebrated our oldest daughters 21st birthday there. Beautiful table, great historic setting, amazing food. Expensive, but worth it for special evenings or events. Staff was very professional. We had a perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Food was great, service was excellant. Our waiter asked if we were going to the theater (and we were) so he made sure our meal fit into our timeline. He kept things moving and yet we never felt rushed.Special Features:
- Great Spot!WinesnobDined on 6/29/2014My daughter and I dined at Chalkboard for Sunday brunch - we enjoyed the food, the music and the service. Very friendly staff/owners! We will definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!jundorVIPDined on 6/19/2014Our waiter was great. Very attentive and personable. Our food arrived in a timely matter and was cooked perfectly. Everything was presented beautifully and was colorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RalphDined on 6/3/2014Excellent meal. Reasonable portions, not too big. But noisy room, we were in the downstairs room. Would not recommend that room. Would probable not go back if seated in the downstairs room. Request the main level room. Service was very good, personable and friendly. Price was acceptable. Cozy, friendly bar. Outside tables on east side of the building, so shade in the pm.Special Features:
- Not as Good as UsualLittleVIPDined on 6/1/2014We have had wonderful meals here, but this was a disappointment. I had eggs Benedict that was very blah and my husband had A fritatta that was very tasteless. Would not choose again for breakfast service was just mediocreSpecial Features:
- Dinner1Dined on 5/30/2014A group of four we all had different entrees. Chicken was fabulous as were the scallops. The steak and duck were both cooked just right. The manager was VERY knowledgable about wines and steered us to an excellent bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 96 reviews are from the The Chalkboard reviews archive.
- Anniversary BrunchSteveandPeggyDined on 5/25/2014This was our first visit to The Chalkboard and we were very, very pleased. Went in on Sunday morning for brunch after traveling to Tulsa for an anniversary weekend. The atmosphere is intimate and welcoming, the service (by Peter) was great and the food was delicious. Make sure to inquire about the Quiche, as it is hand-made onsite with a sliced potato crust. About halfway through the meal an acoustic guitar player commenced and it was a perfect touch for the venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014We had an excellent dinner to celebrate our anniversary. The house sparkling wine was really good and I especially appreciated our waiter not interrupting our romantic meal, though don't get me wrong, the service was lacking for nothing! The presentation was great and we both loved the food. The Chalkboard is a great place for a special night out.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceCapnDined on 5/11/2014I have had business lunches at the Chalkboard many times so thought I would take my family for a Mother's Day breakfast. The experience was not close to what I was used to while eating there. Wasn't even greeted nicely when we walked in and never once did they say or acknowledge Mother's Day to my wife. After being seated and getting our drinks, we didn't have a waiter even stop by for 20 minutes and then finally another waiter noticed I wasn't happy so they had a different waiter come take our order. And there were only people at four tables...so it wasn't busy either. It just felt like no one wanted to be there. It was a bad experience for my family so we wont be back and it ruined my experience for business lunches as well.
- What a find!LawyerAlanVIPDined on 5/1/2014Reminiscent of a European bistro. Quaint. Thoughtful menu. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for brunchTXallyDined on 4/20/2014I was impressed! I knew nothing about The Chalkboard, but was looking for a place to reserve a table for family to get together and celebrate our daughters birthday (which happened to fall on Easter.) The food was great, as well as the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- some good, some disappointingDT1983Dined on 4/20/2014We went as a family for the Easter brunch. We enjoyed the atmosphere and the salad and dessert options but the main food table was disappointing. No omelette station, no type of waffle or French toast and the pork was horribly dry. The other options were good, but not impressive. Then we were unpleasantly surprised when the check arrived and we discovered all beverages were not included with the brunch proce_ even iced tea. Added with the $10 charge for a 2 year old and the forced 18% gratuity it was very overpriced for the quality. Might go for a meal but not again for brunch.Special Features:
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2014Service was great, innovative drink menu, lovely atmosphere, the food was subpar. I had the beef Wellington, tough piece of meat, it came with "seasoned" vegetables. Vegetables were bland. No real flavor.Special Features:
- Excellent....again.HarryDined on 4/10/2014I have really enjoyed bring clients and colleagues here. I ask for the cellar each time as I often have parties of 8+ if we are noise we are somewhat isolated. Excellent service. Excellent food. Especially the salads, beef wellington, and creme brule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chalkboard is a hit!dmanDined on 4/8/2014Incredible service and food! Would highly recommend and will go back some day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencefoodfreakDined on 4/5/2014This was our first visit to The Chalkboard, but not our last! It was a wonderful experience with wonderful food and service. I ordered their Beef Wellington, which is their specialty and it was very good. My husband got the special, Beef Marsala, which also was very good. Rachel was our server and she was excellent! We will return.Special Features:
- Excellent food - Terrible AcousticsSCherryVIPDined on 3/29/2014It is difficult to carry on a conversation with the noise level so high. Unfortunately, a male employee of the place visited the table next to us and literally carried on a 100dB conversation which made it impossible hear anything else. His idea of talking is everyone else's idea of shouting. He was not the waiter, but another employee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A jewel revisitedJoanneDined on 3/28/2014We had not been to the Chalkboard in a long time, but were so pleased to discover that it was better than we remembered. The waitstaff was superb, the food presentation outstanding, and soooo good. We'll be back. You should too.Special Features:
- Great FoodTnttownVIPDined on 3/21/2014We had not dined at Chalkboard in quite some time because we had found it lacking on our last visit. Well, the good food is back. The scallops over risotto were some of the best I've had in Tulsa in recent memory. My fellow diners had similar experiences with their entres. The service was at time uneven although it didn't affect our dining experience. Most notably, our waiter failed to ask if we wanted dessert although we could have easily asked if we wanted something sweet at the end. Over all, this was a pleasant visit and we plan on heading back soon.Special Features:
- Tulsa TreasureKimBeauDined on 3/14/2014A classy but not pretentious restaurant. The daily specials were excellent, posted on, of course, a chalkboard. Erich, the head waiter, is spot on with service. They have award winning mixed drinks ans their own bourbon at the friendly bar. Great original continental fare for over 35 years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the setting of theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2014I love the setting of the restaurant, small and cozy feel. It has always been known for the excellent food and service, but our experience the other night was disappointing in the fact that the server did not do a great job, we were rushed for no reason, it was virturely empty with just a few tables on a Sunday eve. The food did not match the price as far as quality. This was a birthday celebration and it was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceFoodCritic1Dined on 3/6/2014This place has delicious food and great service. It was a very romantic restaurant and had a great selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining excellencecjandvaDined on 2/28/2014Ambiance, service, presentation-all delightful. We had a quiet, delicious dinner before the theater. A perfect evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnern2topfuelDined on 2/21/2014We had great service and great food. Our server, Eric, choose the cheeses from the appetizer list, and was quick to bring tastes of different wines to help with that selection. Our food came out hot at the perfect time. This is a great place to have a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceAdamDined on 2/15/2014This is always a good place to go for date night. The food was not as good as it has been in the past but still a lot better value and quality than other places in town. Would recommend for anyone traveling into town and want a little local feel of Tulsa or looking for intimate dining experience. All in all it was a good experience and will still go back.Special Features:
- Horrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014My husband and I dined here for Valentines Day. Horrible waiter service. Skipped 2 of the 5 course pre fixed meal. Never refilled water or bread. Food was less then pleasing to the eye and the palate. I have an upcoming physician conference and I was thinking of hosting it here...it will not happen. I have had better food, waiter service and overall customer service at the Cheesecake Factory. That states a lot. I did pay my bill of over $160.00 and then went home to cook for myself and my husband.
- As Always DeliciousHappyDinerDined on 2/7/2014The meal and wine were delicious. As always the portions were just right, and the presentation beautiful. You and your team were kind and welcoming, and made a special evening extra special. Compliments toi the chef too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy and specialJoelsterDined on 1/31/2014My wife and I have enjoyed Chalkboard for several anniversaries and special date nights. We find it to be intimate and friendly with an excellent menu always cooked to perfection. Coupled with a night's stay at the Ambassador Hotel, it is a perfect combination close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2014Meh. The service was great, and the atmosphere was incredible. But the food? Meh. It was bland, cold, and overpriced.Special Features:
- good, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/9/2014it was all very good, but it wasn't anything outstanding or super special. It was worth trying, but I think there are better restaurants and other things I would try first before I go back.
- Loved The ChalkboardahrocrDined on 1/4/2014We'd never eaten at The Chalkboard. It was recommended by a friend who owns a restaurant where we live. It did not disappoint. We started with calamari, salads were great. All 3 entrees ordered at our table were great. Highly recommend petit filet and lobster ravioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.