The Chalet - Marys Lake Lodge
2625 Marys Lake Rd
Estes Park, CO 80517Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
The Chalet - Marys Lake Lodge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.maryslakelodge.com/dining.htm
- Phone: 9705865958
- Hours of Operation:
The Chalet Room - 5pm-9pm Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday
5pm-10pm Friday & Saturday
The Tavern - Wednesday, Thursday 11am to 9pm
Friday & Saturday 11am to 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Atchison
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music Wednesday through Saturday nights
A word from The Chalet - Marys Lake Lodge
An historic elegant atmosphere with a modern flare, The Chalet Room at Marys Lake Lodge is nestled against the Ramshorn Mountain on the south side of Estes Valley. Enjoy our delectable menu which consist of Continental cuisine with a European twist, while viewing the beauty of Estes Park, Roosevelt National Forest and Rocky Mountain National Park’s Mummy Range. After dinner guests are welcome to head over to our casual restaurant, The Tavern, for cocktails and live music Wednesday through Saturday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Chalet - Marys Lake Lodge reviews from OpenTable diners
- nurse know how to partyricklDined on 5/18/2013the other couple with us went to dinner and hope for a good band to listen to. we got a great dinner and had lots of fun with the others who were partying and dancing the night away. The food and drinks were great and the band was over the top. If you are in Estes Park. CO go and have good food and a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch on the patioOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/11/2013My husband and I had lunch on the patio. We had one of the specials. We felt like we had refried beans heated from a can and leftover pulled pork in our enchilada. It was dry and tasteless. The scenery was beautiful!
- SlowAmeliaDined on 5/4/2013Service was slow. Food came out fairly quickly, but we waited 35 minutes before anyone even spoke to us or lit our. Was unimpressed with service and how the restaraunt functioned. The saving grace is the food was cery good. A little salty on the vegetables, but other than that good. I have been several times and I felt like the ambiance was not as great either. Not sure I will go back. A bit of a frustrating experience.Special Features:
- DisappointedwildoneDined on 5/4/2013This was our first visit to the Chalet. We were not approached or welcomed by anyone at arrival; we had to go to the front desk to find out how to get to the Chalet. Your reviews suggested a romantic, intimate setting with beautiful views. Walking through a congested and noisy restaurant to get to the Chalet didn't set the stage very well even though the atmosphere in the Chalet was pleasant. The food was only fair; the New York strip was grissly, the potatoes lukewarm and the vegetables were half mushy and half uncooked. My favorite dessert is crème brulee and I was very disappointed in the quality of your fare. The server was pleasant but I had to request water twice and we were only one of two couples in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Disappointing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013We sat for 1 hour 15 minutes before we even got bread on the table (and only because I asked the water boy). When the food finally came, the salads and appetizers were served at the same time, and the main course came out about 2 minutes later. It was a serving disaster. When I made the reservation I said that we were celebrating the 20th anniversary of our executive director. It was never acknowledged. In the end they someone came out and said they were taking 20% off the bill, but when we received the actual bill they had not done it. Overall disaster!Special Features:
- Excellent! Great new menu,ThomDined on 4/18/2013Excellent! Great new menu, and new Ownership is doing a great job. Recommend.Special Features:
- Excellent! Mary's Lake isThomDined on 4/12/2013Excellent! Mary's Lake is under new ownership and they are doing a great job. Give it a try.Special Features:
- Beautiful night in a snowstorm!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013My Wife and I sat next to the Big west windows while it was snowing, what a beautiful view! Along with the excellent service and awesome food it was a special night to remember for my wife and I. The wine list is endless, after dinner we went in the tavern which had a live band playing and was a great way to end the night! We'll be coming back this summer to dine out on the deck!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinneryummyDined on 1/31/2013What a wonderful anniversary dinner. Food was delicious, it was quiet (a snowy evening) and we had wonderful service & conversation from a gal from Russia. I'm sure it had a terrific view, but it was night so couldn't much outside. It was warm and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay awayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2012I had high expectations for this restaurant based on reviews. While the service was good, the food was mediocre at best and very expensive. I would not recommend this restaurant at all. You have to go through a rather tacky/smelly bar to get to The Chalet part of the restaurant. The view was obscured by a plastic sheet on the window to keep the place warm. I did not like that it was only open after 5 pm. It was already dark and quite cold.Special Features:
- This was the first time weRuthG13VIPDined on 12/23/2012This was the first time we were back to the Chalet in a couple of years. Although the food was good and our waitress very nice, it just wasn't the same. The menu was plastic and seemed to fit the bar area rather than a fancier restaurant. The menu items were very different and not as broad as before. Not sure we will go back any time soon. Just because it doesn't feel as special as it used to.Special Features:
- Four out of the five guestsChocoluvDined on 12/22/2012Four out of the five guests that dined at the Chalet ordered the Prime Rib and they were very satisfied with their meals. One of the guests ordered a salad with grilled chicken and the chicken was basically inedible. It was so tough and dry that it couldn't even be cut with a knife. The salad itself was okay but nothing special. One guest asked for a taste of one of the red wines on the menu and the wine had obviously been open for too long because it had gone bad. Fernando, our server, was very friendly and polite, and he did a very good job taking care of our group.
- This restaurant has awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012This restaurant has awesome views and the food is outstanding. My husband and I really enjoyed our Thanksgiving there.Special Features:
- Although I wouldn't go forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Although I wouldn't go for a buffet again on Thanksgiving, there was certainly enough from which to choose....the getting up and down and distance to the food did make it hard for conversation at table....the price at $29.95 wasn't cheap but would rather pay that and order from a menu. As always, the view is a feast for the eyes.Special Features:
- we were sat by a window andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2012we were sat by a window and it was very cold. Our food was also cold. very expensive also.Special Features:
- Disapointed in food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/27/2012Disapointed in food and service. Second time to restaurant and first was very good.
- Great Estes Park experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/20/2012Had to stop for the elk herd, crossing the road as we pulled in. Couldn't ask for a better Estes Park experience. The Lodge is in a beautiful spot. And you know you are in a genuine "lodge", from the open beams to the saddle-leather furniture that has been rode so hard, it's soft. It is the staff, though, that sets this place apart from the other choices in Estes for a romantic dinner. From the moment you step inside, you are greeted and welcomed warmly by everyone you encounter. When we had to wait all of five minutes for our table, the bar manager made sure our two glasses of wine (from their tremendous wine list) were "on the house"! During our meal, the executive chef stopped at the table to see how we were doing: a nice touch.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2012Excellent food, atmosphere, service and view. A special place for a special night.Special Features:
- This was my second meal atOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/5/2012This was my second meal at Mary's Lake Lodge (visiting Estes from the East Coast)...both times the meals were very good, service outstanding, and nice ambiance. Portions are generous!Special Features:
- The food was excellent. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012The food was excellent. Service was a bit slow, but that my have been due to a large party. I'd go backSpecial Features:
- Nothing positive to say, myOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2012Nothing positive to say, my food was so over-salted that I could not eat! I still can't get the taste out of my mouth after 2 months! Never Again!!
- My husband and I have eatenlmaltimierDined on 9/1/2012My husband and I have eaten here before, but this time the service was very slow. Our party (of 10) after being seated waited almost 10 minutes before anyone came by to ask if we wanted water and to get the drink order. It then took another 10 - 15 minutes to receive our drinks. After another long wait the waiter came by to get our dinner orders but the waiter forgot to put in two people's order. Their dinner arrived at least 10 minutes after everyone else's was served. In the waiter's defense he did give them a 10% discount and a free dessert (that they shared) after prodding from my husband.
- We had our post wedding dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012We had our post wedding dinner there with a group of 14 and every single one of us left impressed with the food, atmosphere and service! I'd recomend it to anyone!Special Features:
- We had the most amazing dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012We had the most amazing dinner at Marys Lake Lodge. Natasha was our server and she was fantastic! From the moment we sat down to the moment we said goodbye everything was wonderful. I have dined in some of the best places around the world and I must say our dinner at St Marys Lodge was warm, inviting, beautiful and delightful. AND the food was great too! We can't wait to share this little place with more of our friends!Special Features:
- Mary's Lake Lodge should notOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2012Mary's Lake Lodge should not be in foodservice. The hostess is down right nasty; she couldn't find my Open Table Reservation (for ten) because I gave my last name, and not first and last. She became extremely haughty when she finally found it. Four out of ten guests ordered Bison Meat Loaf. Our mediocre waitress took the order checking on salad dressing et al. She came back several minutes later and informed us that the Lodge was out of meat loaf! She never apologized-simply passed out menus so we could reorder. We should have left then. The meal was mediocre and the service was just barely acceptable. The busboy was the only staff member who smiled. Waitstaff should be informed of eighty-sixed items at the start of the shift.
- Our family has enjoyed goingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2012Our family has enjoyed going to the Chalet Room at Mary's Lake Lodge for important events for many years. In the past we have had some wonderful experiences there. Last week our experience was worse than awful and we are strongly considering not ever returning to this restaurant. We were placed in a corner and a noisy, much larger group, was seated next to us. Our server, Bandon, seemed to have forgotten that we were there. We were certainly happy that we had a good bus-boy as he was able to handle the job in the absence of the server. Additionally, we asked on the reservation to have someone wish a Happy Birthday to our birthday boy. That never happened and when we asked the young hostess about it she could have cared less.
- The waiter's English languageMarkJDined on 7/12/2012The waiter's English language skills resulted in a few instances of miscommunication. For example, he indicated that our caesar salad would be prepared table-side. It was not. We indicated we would be sharing it - he brought us one plate instead of two. Another member of the wait staff insisted on trying to remove dishes that were still obviously still being used, we felt like we had to fight him off. However, the food was excellent, the view terrific, and the ambiance conducive to a nice meal and conversation.Special Features:
- Estes Park is not a foodieOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/6/2012Estes Park is not a foodie destination. Don't seek Vail-Avon or Aspen world class dining, but rather a competent meal with an exceptional view. We enjoyed ourselves.
- Food was just ok. EggplantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/4/2012Food was just ok. Eggplant dry and overcooked in the eggplant parmigian ate there for our 20th anniversary and yhey did not even buy us a cup of coffee. Sat on the deck next to a window that had woodwork that looked like it had not been cleaned in years. Gross.
- Great view, uneven food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2012Our server was very helpful and recommended a wine to our foodie companion that he really liked. She knew the back story of the wine and was helpful with our menu choices. The view and general ambiance is great. Our food was generally good, but two of our party were very disappointed by the vegetables accompanying their meals. The medallions of tenderloin were very good, but the carrots and green beans were not only flavorless, they were underdone. For an entree that costs $35 it seems like it would be expected to put a little effort into the sides. My burger and fries were quite good at least.Special Features:
- Very nice location, scenery,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2012Very nice location, scenery, and atmosphere. Service was prompt and attentive. The portions were good, and the quality was good.Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/5/2012The waiter was inexperienced. We ordered BV Rutherford Cabernet off the menu and he brought us a bottle of BV but not Rutherford. He was a little argumentative about what he brought out so we ordered something else. With 2 selections of trout on menu, I ordered 1 and they were out of trout. Being our 35th anniversary, it was a disappointing "special" dinner experience. My husband's medallions au poivre was delicious, waiter was nice but never asked us if our food was ok. The views from the tables were beautiful.Special Features:
- Under cooked steak, averageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/27/2012Under cooked steak, average food, average service but great ambiance & location...Special Features:
- my steak was tough, potatoRichVIPDined on 5/26/2012my steak was tough, potato not hot enought, slightly under cookedSpecial Features:
- Service very friendly andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/18/2012Service very friendly and the food was excellent I had the honey cornmeal crusted trout with corn relish. The dish was very good. The vegetables were a little overcooked, but the trout itself was excellent. My husband had the sausage appetizer platter for his entree. If ordering as an appetizer, the dish will definitely feed 4 as an appetizer. Very unique and very good. Nice, reasonably priced wine list. The restaurant has a great historic feel to it, and a wonderful view.Special Features:
- Fantastic view. Many selectionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2012Fantastic view. Many selections to choose from. The food was great and was the service. It was a week before they will really get busy.Special Features:
- Good French onion soup. everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2012Good French onion soup. everything else was bad. Chicken fried steak was cooked in old grease, so that it tasted very bad. Vegetables that looked like they had been microwaved. Will not be returning.Special Features:
- Overall, very beautiful location.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2012Overall, very beautiful location. Perfect place and beautiful restaurant. The food was nothing short of poor. The vegetables were warm, the sauce tasted old and we were excited to be done eating. The waiter was no help in selecting a good wine pairing and when asked for a choice went the opposite of what would be expected (red with white meat). We drank water and diet coke that tasted a bit watered down. Very overpriced for food that could be done better from the frozen food aisle.Special Features:
- Food and service were bothOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2012Food and service were both outstanding! We had dinner to celebrate our anniversary and the server did a wonderful job making our dinner special.Special Features:
- Enjoyable experience and wejnjjDined on 2/4/2012Enjoyable experience and we continue to return on special occasions when in the area. Our waitress was fantastic.Special Features: