4001 Church Point Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23455Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecellarsvb.com/
- Phone: (757) 460-2210
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday through Saturday from 5:00 pm until 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Weishampel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Cellars
The Cellars Restaurant, tucked in the heart of Church Point neighborhood in Virginia Beach, and located in the historic Church Point Manor House, presents fine dining in an intimate setting. Our menu is American regional cuisine, that changes seasonally, and we offer over 160 fine wines. The restaurant is divided, with seating for up to 70 in our elegant main dining room, and a more relaxing mood in our bar and lounge, with fireplaces in both areas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Cellars - Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach ›
The Cellars reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (71)special occasion (66)neighborhood gem (47)fit for foodies (45)notable wine list (43)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (5)good for groups (5)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Must visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014We went to The Cellars after finding it online for our anniversary. We were not disappointed at all. In fact, we were pleasantly surprised. The ambiance was quiet and relaxing, the staff was welcoming, personable and knowledgeable. And the food...I had the braised veal and my husband had a steak both of which were delicious. The wine was amazing and the dessert was phenomenal. They even brought us champagne to toast our anniversary. It was a wonderful experience and a place we would recommend over and over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding servicemew1222Dined on 11/1/2014Always a an amazing Dining experience. Love the food and atmosphere. Our friends were pleasantly surprised and plan on taking their friend and family there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingJabutsDined on 11/1/2014This was our third special date night spent at The Cellars and it did not disappoint. The staff is friendly and gracious, the atmosphere quiet and romantic, and the food was to die for. My husband and I inhaled every last morsel on our plates. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and the staff even brought us complimentary champagne. It doesn't get any better than The Cellars for date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Romantic EveningJessaurusDined on 11/1/2014The staff was very courteous and seated us in the perfect location. Our waitress had a warm smile on her face the whole time; the food was prepared wonderfully and in a timely manner. I would recommend the Cellars to any couple or small group of friends looking for a great time with a relaxed atmosphere. Even though the prices are relatively high, it is a price worth paying for the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Virginia Beach Best RestaurantskibumDined on 10/25/2014I think this could be the best restaurant in the Virginia Beach area, it is certainly the most romantic. Our evening was spectacular, Sarah was professional, warm and engaging, and the food was exquisite, cooked to perfection. From the beginning our dining experience, to the end of the night, capped with a tour of the Church Point Manor by the General Manager, The Cellar's Restaurant is a special place to be treasured.Special Features:
- Perfect EndingEddieDined on 10/25/2014Dining at the Cellars was the perfect ending to a beautiful fall day. The service was prompt and polite without being obtrusive. Our waiter was helpful in an assured, calm way. The food and the drinks were just perfect. Yes, I would go again with a special friend or for a special occasion when I wanted good food, good drinks, and undisturbed conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerepicureanDined on 10/22/2014An outstanding place for a quiet romantic dinner for 2. Food and wine were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant!FirefightersDined on 10/21/2014Took my hubby there for a birthday dinner. The restaurant was very intriguing and the staff took time to show us around and explain the different unique points of interest and history behind them. The fireplace was on for the first time this season, so there was an extremely romantic feel to our visit. The food was fabulous and we had a plethora of wine to choose from. We highly recommend the smoked mac and cheese and the scallops were fabulous - melt in your mouth! My hubby had the quail and it was very tasty. If you're looking to enjoy a great meal and be pampered by a wonderful staff, The Cellars is a great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!JoekerDined on 10/18/2014What is there to say? The Cellars is everything one would expect in a restaurant. Attentive service, good food, romantic atmosphere. I can't wait to return.Special Features:
- A Real TreatMachipongoJohnDined on 10/18/2014We Googled "best restaurant in Virginia Beach" since we wanted to celebrate our anniversary, and The Cellars came up. The place is located in a mega-upscale gated community, but you can drive right in. It's actually in a cellar, but the ambiance is more like a monastery with adobe walls, etc. The service was absolutely first-rate and quite helpful. I had a glass of superb Chianti that was so good, I bought a take-home bottle. My wife had a Muscat, also most satisfying. The appetizers and entrees (charred bone marrow and seared mahi and scallops) were most excellent. The sommelier brought us free flutes of champagne to celebrate our anniversary. We plan to return early and often.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING in every way!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014My husband and I decided to celebrate our anniversary at The Cellars since our co-worker had highly recommended this place with such rave reviews. And we are so glad we did!! The experience was beyond our expectations!! We loved the ambiance and the food was absolutely delicious!! The best meal we've ever had!! This was our first visit and we look forward to our next one - hopefully soon!! Thank you so very much for making our special night even more special!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningSeatowDined on 10/10/2014Celebrated a quiet romantic birthday dinner here, outstanding food, service and staff.. Perhaps the best cooked steak ive ever had!!! Highly recommend this place, you will not be disappointed...Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014From the Host, to the waitress and lastly the chef, it was amazing. A bit pricey but doesn't break the bank, the food was worth it. I ordered the Beef and mac, I had a selection of a filet or a rib eye, and I decided on the Rib eye. It was cooked a perfect medium rare and was seasoned deliciously. My wife ordered the salmon and that as well was delicious. I 100% recommend The cellar for every romantic date. The decor and the mood was amazing as well, the entrance was hard to find becuase it was sort of dark but once we entered and we were greeted warmly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Hidden Gemluvfood2Dined on 10/4/2014It was our 14 wedding anniversary and we were looking for a nice place to go. I tried this restaurant on the recommendation from a friend and i was so happy. We had the absolute best time. The food was amazing, the decor perfect, the ambiance was perfect, and the staff was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. We certainly would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden HeavenQuietandeleganceDined on 10/3/2014The Restaurant is under a Bed and Breakfast in a very nice neighborhood. What a find! A quiet romantic Restaurant amid a quiet neighborhood. We recommend The Cellars for any special occasion or getting away from the kids. Staff was very friendly but unobtrusive. Wine list was complete and covered a broad range of selections and prices. The Food was full of wonderful flavors and presented with great care. We cannot wait for our next opportunity to visit the Cellars.Special Features:
- Worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Heard good things about The Cellars and decided to give it a try. The ambience was wonderful; looking forward to dining this winter when the fireplaces are lit. Considering how slow the evening was our food took longer to arrive than would have expected. But it was worth the wait. Everything was fresh and tasty. The service was outstanding. Would like to have tried the dessert but our meal was so filling we couldnt eat another bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bone marrow!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014I was surprised to see one of my favorite dishes served in a restaurant in VB. That was just the appetizer, the rest of the meal was delicious. Not a lot of people like bone marrow but no worries they have all kind of dishes and appetizers to choose from and a great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent...VaYooperDined on 9/20/2014Love everything about The Cellars. This place made us feel we were at some place we could never afford. The staff amazing. The food is second to none. My only small gripe is that the serving portions could be a bit bigger. We left still kind of hungry.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Great dining experience! Will definitely be back.....the food was prepared perfectly and the service was very attentive but not intrusive! I would recommend this restaurant to everyone:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top notch placeFreshAir516Dined on 9/13/2014Great food I had the beef and mac, the ribeye was cooked the way I ordered it an d was even bigger than the menu described. Professional staff. Very classy place and I don't like the word classy but it best describes it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary spotNicknameDined on 9/13/2014We went for our anniversary. Reservation was for 5:30, I know very early. We were the only ones there for about 20 minutes. When others started showing up they put the next two couples right next to us despite the whole restaraunt being empty...weird. Still it wasn't too loud. Server was very professional. The food was okay. She had the filet and I had the quail. Great ambiance for a romantic date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemM102129Dined on 9/10/2014I was visiting the Virginia Beach area on vacation and was looking for a nice place to go for dinner. I discovered The Cellars via the internet which described it as romantic and having a extensive wine list. While it was off the beaten path for us (an hour drive from Sandbridge where we were staying), it was very much worth the drive. The food and service was outstanding. We went on a Wednesday night which we discovered was half price wine night - bonus! We will definitely return on future trips to the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightLuv2dineDined on 9/5/2014Chose this place as a first romantic dinner date. Was not disappointed. Wait staff was excellent. Great recommendations. Was pro-active with offering to share appetizers (getting plates etc), did not rush with additional courses. Just a great service. Must try the scallops and the fillet!!! The Gouda mac and cheese is AWESOME!Special Features:
- Hidden, but worth findingThetachi657Dined on 9/4/2014I was blown away by the food for starters. The best appetizer and entree that I've had in awhile. The service was extraordinary and the staff were amazing. An amazing atmosphere for a lovely date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice ExperienceBigdogDined on 8/30/2014The food was very good and we will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Nice and secretRandytexanDined on 8/29/2014Great food and environment that seems to be a well kept secret. Its on a neighborhood compound that also keeps a B&B. European flair to the environment. Complete with sommelier. The staff is warm, friendly and accommodating. Immediately, one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous nightjrmeehanDined on 8/27/2014They made my "special occasion" truly special. The staff was great, the food was great, the wine paring was great. I highly recommend the Cellars to anyone looking for a special place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The Cellars was an unexpected surprise. The food was excellent as well as the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected on line menuWantedonlinemenuDined on 8/19/2014We went on line and chose the Tapas Tuesday menu and called a reservation. We arrived and became disappointed when the menu items differed from the on line menu.Special Features:
- Simply amazing!acemanDined on 8/14/2014Awesome staff everybody is friendly. The food yes the food they're fantastic, the taste and presentation is different from all the other places that we've been - unique.and inviting. The ambiance is romantic we were able to enjoy our night. Thanks to Lisa our server she took good care of us. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotjustaboutfoodDined on 8/12/2014I have praised The Cellars to everyone I have spoken to since I was there on Saturday night! There is not one thing that could be better except the distance from Williamsburg ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014great food, generous portions. will be back. slighty awkward wait staffSpecial Features:
- New favorite restaurant!TnTVABeachDined on 8/8/2014Impeccable service, amazing cuisine, unbelievable atmosphere. It will bring you back in time...the PERFECT romantic dinner destination. Looking forward to making many memories here.Special Features:
- So GoodTSkinnzDined on 8/7/2014Everything was amazing. We had the Pinot wine flight, sweet breads, bone marrow, scallops, and rib eye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014Enjoyed a great meal with excellent service, a lovely evening for my wife's birthday. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overlooked jewelNYCLVRVIPDined on 8/6/2014This restaurant is possibly the best food, service, and ambiance of any in Va Bch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014My hubby and I went her to celebrate our anniversary! The staff was amazing and provided excellent customer service. Everything we ordered - from drinks, to appetizer, to our entree was AMAZING! You would never find this just driving around - it is in a suburban neighborhood! Great find!Special Features:
- NOT TO BE MISSEDAFOODIEDined on 8/2/2014A very special restaurant for a very special occasion.Special Features:
- Colonial CharmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Best kept secret in Virginia Beach! Want to be selfish and keep this location "our" little secret, however that would be unfair to the owners and fantastic staff who work so hard to make every moment of our visit a warm and inviting one. The food, service and ambiance were top notch. Very classy, yet not stuffy. The Cellar has made it to our "short" list of places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 303 reviews are from the The Cellars reviews archive.
- Amazing food!SkopDined on 7/25/2014The Cellars was a terrific place for a quiet dinner for two. Great atmosphere, amazing food, and impressive service. Pricey but so worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.