4001 Church Point Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23455Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecellarsvb.com/
- Phone: 7574602210x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday through Saturday from 5:00 pm until 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Weishampel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Cellars
The Cellars Restaurant, tucked in the heart of Church Point neighborhood in Virginia Beach, and located in the historic Church Point Manor House, presents fine dining in an intimate setting. Our menu is American regional cuisine, that changes seasonally, and we offer over 160 fine wines. The restaurant is divided, with seating for up to 70 in our elegant main dining room, and a more relaxing mood in our bar and lounge, with fireplaces in both areas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Cellars - Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach ›
The Cellars reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (65)special occasion (61)neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (39)notable wine list (39)good for groups (7)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Bone marrow!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014I was surprised to see one of my favorite dishes served in a restaurant in VB. That was just the appetizer, the rest of the meal was delicious. Not a lot of people like bone marrow but no worries they have all kind of dishes and appetizers to choose from and a great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent...VaYooperDined on 9/20/2014Love everything about The Cellars. This place made us feel we were at some place we could never afford. The staff amazing. The food is second to none. My only small gripe is that the serving portions could be a bit bigger. We left still kind of hungry.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Great dining experience! Will definitely be back.....the food was prepared perfectly and the service was very attentive but not intrusive! I would recommend this restaurant to everyone:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top notch placeFreshAir516Dined on 9/13/2014Great food I had the beef and mac, the ribeye was cooked the way I ordered it an d was even bigger than the menu described. Professional staff. Very classy place and I don't like the word classy but it best describes it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary spotNicknameDined on 9/13/2014We went for our anniversary. Reservation was for 5:30, I know very early. We were the only ones there for about 20 minutes. When others started showing up they put the next two couples right next to us despite the whole restaraunt being empty...weird. Still it wasn't too loud. Server was very professional. The food was okay. She had the filet and I had the quail. Great ambiance for a romantic date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemM102129Dined on 9/10/2014I was visiting the Virginia Beach area on vacation and was looking for a nice place to go for dinner. I discovered The Cellars via the internet which described it as romantic and having a extensive wine list. While it was off the beaten path for us (an hour drive from Sandbridge where we were staying), it was very much worth the drive. The food and service was outstanding. We went on a Wednesday night which we discovered was half price wine night - bonus! We will definitely return on future trips to the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightLuv2dineDined on 9/5/2014Chose this place as a first romantic dinner date. Was not disappointed. Wait staff was excellent. Great recommendations. Was pro-active with offering to share appetizers (getting plates etc), did not rush with additional courses. Just a great service. Must try the scallops and the fillet!!! The Gouda mac and cheese is AWESOME!Special Features:
- Hidden, but worth findingThetachi657Dined on 9/4/2014I was blown away by the food for starters. The best appetizer and entree that I've had in awhile. The service was extraordinary and the staff were amazing. An amazing atmosphere for a lovely date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice ExperienceBigdogDined on 8/30/2014The food was very good and we will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Nice and secretRandytexanDined on 8/29/2014Great food and environment that seems to be a well kept secret. Its on a neighborhood compound that also keeps a B&B. European flair to the environment. Complete with sommelier. The staff is warm, friendly and accommodating. Immediately, one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous nightjrmeehanDined on 8/27/2014They made my "special occasion" truly special. The staff was great, the food was great, the wine paring was great. I highly recommend the Cellars to anyone looking for a special place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The Cellars was an unexpected surprise. The food was excellent as well as the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected on line menuWantedonlinemenuDined on 8/19/2014We went on line and chose the Tapas Tuesday menu and called a reservation. We arrived and became disappointed when the menu items differed from the on line menu.Special Features:
- Simply amazing!acemanDined on 8/14/2014Awesome staff everybody is friendly. The food yes the food they're fantastic, the taste and presentation is different from all the other places that we've been - unique.and inviting. The ambiance is romantic we were able to enjoy our night. Thanks to Lisa our server she took good care of us. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotjustaboutfoodDined on 8/12/2014I have praised The Cellars to everyone I have spoken to since I was there on Saturday night! There is not one thing that could be better except the distance from Williamsburg ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014great food, generous portions. will be back. slighty awkward wait staffSpecial Features:
- New favorite restaurant!TnTVABeachDined on 8/8/2014Impeccable service, amazing cuisine, unbelievable atmosphere. It will bring you back in time...the PERFECT romantic dinner destination. Looking forward to making many memories here.Special Features:
- So GoodTSkinnzDined on 8/7/2014Everything was amazing. We had the Pinot wine flight, sweet breads, bone marrow, scallops, and rib eye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014Enjoyed a great meal with excellent service, a lovely evening for my wife's birthday. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overlooked jewelNYCLVRVIPDined on 8/6/2014This restaurant is possibly the best food, service, and ambiance of any in Va Bch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT TO BE MISSEDAFOODIEDined on 8/2/2014A very special restaurant for a very special occasion.Special Features:
- Colonial CharmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Best kept secret in Virginia Beach! Want to be selfish and keep this location "our" little secret, however that would be unfair to the owners and fantastic staff who work so hard to make every moment of our visit a warm and inviting one. The food, service and ambiance were top notch. Very classy, yet not stuffy. The Cellar has made it to our "short" list of places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!SkopDined on 7/25/2014The Cellars was a terrific place for a quiet dinner for two. Great atmosphere, amazing food, and impressive service. Pricey but so worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional dinner.jetdDined on 7/22/2014You will not be disappointed at The Cellars. My girlfriend and I had a very special evening there and it the food and staff far surpassed our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great changeHelpinghandVAVIPDined on 7/22/2014I like it here because it's different the menu changes, services is good and you are eating in a cellar.. If your first time I suggest a Wednesday as 1/2 bottles of wine and they have a very nice wine selection..Special Features:
- Our AnniversaryanniversarycoupleDined on 7/19/2014the ambiance was superb.....a real hidden gem in Virginia Beach. our servers (lisa and andy) were friendly and the consummate professionals. an added treat was the maître d' stopping by with champagne and congratulating us on our anniversary. A GREAT DINING EXPERIENCE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little off the beaten pathDesoto61Dined on 7/18/2014The location is a little unusual, but the restaurant is beautiful, the food was both tasty, and interesting with some unusual options. The service was excellent, and on top of it all the prices were reasonable, and the portions nicely sized. If anything was unusual it was that the place wasn't far more busy than it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal of the YearJonvacaDined on 7/15/2014My family had the salmon, the scallops & the mahi-mahi. They were all outstanding. Our appetizers were delicious and the desserts were worth saving room for. Extensive wine list, gave us many choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversay Dinnerknuu89Dined on 7/9/2014The menu is limited but provides a good selection from sea food to steak. Everything thing was good, from the appetizers to the desserts. The chef's makes a nice twist to tuna bites. The scallops and salmon were cooked just right (not over cooked and dry like many places). Very good wine but limited to mainly CA and FRA. The ambiance is quiet, romantic and sophisticated that gives the impression that one is any where in Spain, France or Italy. The smell of antique furniture and classical music add to the ambiance. Host paid attention to detail by acknowledge patrons' special event.Special Features:
- Outstanding in Every WayDaleDined on 7/3/2014Every once and a while you come across a restaurant where everything stands head and shoulders above the others , The Cellars is that restaurant . Having been to just about every restaurant in the Norfolk/ Va Beach area, the food quality , the presentation and the taste all deserve 5 stars - I had the scallops and they were perfected cooked and presented with accompanying side items that complimented and greatly enhanced the dish. Service was friendly and the manager stops by the table to make sure everything is perfect - Our server was terrific and offered suggestions - The setting could not be better and it really makes one feel that you are a one of a kind place and you are. We left only wanting to come back soon - truly spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place to celebrate!757foodieDined on 7/3/2014First visit to The Cellars will definitely not be our last! We were warmly greated and seated right away by our friendly hostess. Our waitress welcomed us as soon as we were settled, drink orders were taken & received quickly! Since it was our first visit we relied heavily on our waitress' recommendations. We were not disappointed!!! Each course was delicious and expertly prepared. All the staff from the hostess, waitress, to the friendly gentlemen refilling our water glasses and even the manager wished us a happy anniversary! That small detail added the finishing touch to a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite what I expected...B0nV1vantDined on 6/26/2014I took my wife to The Cellars after returning home from my last deployment. After hearing rave reviews from some close friends, it seemed the obvious choice. We arrived 10 minutes early for our reservation and were promptly seated. After 15 minutes at the table, we had not seen a waiter. Finally when our waiter arrived, our drinks took another 15-20 minutes for the wine flights. The food was good, but not on par for a $250 bill at the end. It is a wonderful concept, although they need to either adjust the quality of food & service or the associated prices.Special Features:
- OutstandingRaulDined on 6/20/2014Outstanding ambiance and the service was perfect. It is perfect for a special occasion dinner or a romantic date to surprise your partner.Special Features:
- The Cellarsrgsjaug14Dined on 6/17/2014The Cellars Restaurant was so far above our expectations. Everything was absolutely wonderful. From the minute we walked in they addressed by name (we had a reservation), from our server, Wilson asking us about being empty nesters (he must have read my email), to Wilson's recommendations....to the food - and beyond. This was such a wonderful dinner. Justin gave us a tour of the Bed and Breakfast. Breathtaking is all we can say. Again, thank you - thank you - thank you!Special Features:
- Dining at its BestJBdinersDined on 6/13/2014Our second visit confirmed our first impression of the Cellars: outstanding food, service, atmosphere. I can't think of a better place to celebrate our anniversary. The seafood entrees we had were perfect, and the brulee dessert delicious. The quiet neighborhood atmosphere is a special bonus...a nice relief during the busy tourist season in VB. What a treat for the folks staying in the B&B on site!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencewyningskjDined on 6/13/2014I took my girlfriend there to celebrate her birthday and was not disappointed. The atmosphere was very relaxing and welcoming. Starting with the hostess, the service was fabulous, the waitress was knowledgable and helpful with the menu/wine list, and who I am assuming was the manager came to our table to make sure we enjoyed our meal and even offered complimentary champagne for the special occasion! Every employee took care in making sure that we enjoyed every aspect of our visit, and they went above and beyond. Not to mention the food was phenomenal. Even the bread was out of this world. The only complaint I have is that I almost missed the opportunity to eat there because there isn't much advertising! More people need to know about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A unique experience !ReneDined on 6/12/2014We enjoyed our visit to the Cellars. The ambiance was wonderful and the service superior. I ordered a glass of wine and was surprised to receive a miniature wine glass, so I will not order one next time. We were asked to take a tour of the Bed and breakfast and grounds after dinner, which we enjoyed.Some of the rooms felt a bit spooky however, but the house has been there since the 1800s so I expected that. I would highly recommend experiencing what the Cellars has to offer. It was a very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014We have attended the Cellars many times for dinner, and have never been disappointed. This occasion was a charity wine event. As usual, the service, food quality, ambience, and general dining experience was top-notch. The chef is obviously an artisan who is dedicated to his craft. The wines we sampled were very good and were paired well with the food. All in all, one of the best dining experiences we have had. Definitely recommended for anyone looking for a romantic night out.Special Features:
- Great Dinner and AtomspherevbbenDined on 6/3/2014Wonderful, quiet ambiance. Food outstanding. Special atmosphere. Old Europe feeling. Very low noise so you can hear each guest at a table for six. Quiet is rare these days.Special Features:
- The following 286 reviews are from the The Cellars reviews archive.
- OutstandinghungreeeDined on 5/16/2014Thoroughly enjoyed dinner, the meal was awesome. A pleasure to dine out and enjoy a fabulous dinner. The scallops were cooked to perfection and seasoned impeccably. My wife had the Veal, another demonstration of quality and care in food preparation.Special Features: