The Cellar Restaurant
220 Magnolia Ave.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
The Cellar Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecellarrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3862580011
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Sam Moggio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: "Patio Room" seats up to 20. Located on the ground floor. Frequent choice for business meetings and pharma. presentaions.
- Private Party Contact: Lina Moggio 386-258-0011
A word from The Cellar Restaurant
The area’s most acclaimed Fine Dining Classical Italian cuisine with an extensive wine list set in an historic building. CIA Graduate chef and his wife are hosts. 2013 OpenTable Top 100 in United States for "BEST SERVICE" and "MOST ROMANTIC"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Cellar Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Daytona Beach ›
The Cellar Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (31)romantic (27)notable wine list (25)neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Absolutely love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014After moving away six years ago, I have missed The Cellar. It was wonderful to be back AND remembered by the owner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSteakmanDined on 9/12/2014This is a little known place to the tourists thus a good place to get away from that crowd. Located in the heart of Daytona, the Cellar is a quiet romantic place to enjoy fine dining. My rack of lamb was cooked to a perfect temperature and seasoned just right. They have an extensive wine list for those that care to indulge. Not a place to bring kids as this is a small place and very intimate. More of a place to bring your date.Special Features:
- Daytona's Shining Dining StarDaytonaDebDined on 9/5/2014Dining at The Cellar is always a wonderful experience! In a world where every restaurant seems to bustle with loud, hurry up and eat music, poor acoustics and in the very worst cases - TVs, dining at The Cellar is a relaxing epicurean delight. From the moment you enter and are greeted by Lena, you will be treated to the best service and food in the area. I don't think you can go wrong with anything on their menu, everything is always delicious and presented beautifully. I highly recommend The Cellar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2014What could have been a romantic evening, was spoiled by our lamb shanks arriving at the table, just barely warm, so we had to send them back and wait quite a while for them to be re-heated. Although a small token was granted against the check, the evening had been spoiled completely.lSpecial Features:
- A little too loudTheKitchenGuyDined on 8/30/2014We dined at The Cellar last Saturday night while in Daytona for the weekend. The food was fantastic and the dining room in the "cellar" was unique. Our server was capable but certainly wasn't the most outgoing or conversational. We noticed other servers really connecting with their parties. But the worst aspect of the evening was the noise level, it was almost unbearable. The two of us were sat next to a table of six and a table of four. And with the low ceiling of the dining room the noise level got to be too much. Let's just say I learned more about a woman from New Jersey than I cared too! But don't let this stop you from enjoying a meal here......I would just suggest a weeknight rather than a busy weekend night.Special Features:
- Great Experience!!!greatrestaurant29Dined on 8/29/2014From the greeting to the service and the fantastic food, this restaurant was fabulous and we look forward to returning whenever we are in Daytona. Don't miss this one. Loved the Décor and the staff was very professional and helpful. Would highly recommend this to all my friends who want great food and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Daytona Beach areaRickGDined on 8/22/2014We have dined here at least 10 times in the last 4 or 5 years and the quality of the food, service and ambiance remains excellent. A nice menu includes many seafood dishes and the filet mignon was cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningjcsweetDined on 8/20/2014I have been here for dinner a few times and have never been disappointed. This was the first time using online reservations and it worked great. I did request a small birthday cake or something similar to help celebrate my friend's birthday but did not even get a response as whether it could or could not happen....it did not happen. Slightly disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but .....MarkosIsAwesomeDined on 8/9/2014It was a pretentious environment with overpriced offerings and snooty service- yes Joseph we are talking about you. But..... The food was great .
- Surprising (in a not good way)MC143VIPDined on 8/2/2014We had our hopes up, especially since The Cellar is one of the top 100 most romantic restaurants per OpenTable. On the plus side, the food was quite good...the lobster appetizer was perhaps the best appetizer we've had. The lamb shanks were incredible and succulent. And the molten chocolate cake with hazelnut was fantastic. On the downside, the ambience was subpar at best. It started poorly with the young man who greeted us; he looked like he had just graduated from school and was not yet sure how to tie his tie. And then the dining experience itself was ruined by being in the small dining room with an obnoxious Italian couple who made us feel very uncomfortable. The restaurant is good, don't get me wrong...but not worth repeating!
- Osprey20Osprey20Dined on 8/1/2014Great food. Great atmosphere. Several dining rooms gave each an intimate feel. Outstanding service and extensive wine list. Staff was courteous and attentive. My wife had red snapper and I had branzino. Outstanding. Was well worth the 45 minute drive.Special Features:
- Dining at it's bestkebertrnDined on 7/24/2014Saw this restaurant advertised on the internet. Was able to review the menu in advance and also to see the layout of the dining room and bar area. Was an easy choice as a location to celebrate my wife's birthday. We were not disappointed. Everything about this restaurant is exactly as shown on the internet.Special Features:
- FoodloverVIPDined on 7/23/2014Very good restaurant! One of the best italian restaurants I've ever been to. Live in Orlando and came to have dinner with our daughter who is going to school in Daytona Beach. Will need to make the trip back to Daytona just to eat here!Special Features:
- 4popsDined on 7/23/2014This place is a 10. A gem that is hidden from all the noisy of the area. Food was outstanding and service was wonderful. Will return next time in Daytona.Special Features:
- Best in DaytonaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014This was our second visit. We bragged about the Cellar to our dining partners, and we had a marvelous evening. The Amarone wine paired perfectly with our meal and the service was excellent. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014I took my wife there her birthday , Joseph our waiter was great , Food was awesome, We will tell our friends also about The Cellar . The owner was very nice . Thank You Wayne & Joan Airport Express Of St. AugustineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Dinnergoober190Dined on 7/19/2014My husband had found the cellar and was going to surprise me with a romantic dinner. I can't believe we have never noticed it before since we are in that area of Daytona all the time. Dinner was wonderful, the food was great, the wine was perfect. And the dessert was to die for. I loved the look and the feel of the restaurant. The stained glass windows on the wall to the rows of wine bottles. But the best is I loved the purse hook they bring to the table. We do plan on a return trip very soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad but not greatAdamp3p4VIPDined on 7/12/2014Service a bit scetchy, wine was good, food was nice but nothing special, not as good as i was made to believe.
- Best in DaytonaLuisDined on 6/26/2014Concistency can be boring but not at The Cellar - it gets better with age.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Daytonaduc450Dined on 6/25/2014The Cellar is hands down the best there is in the Daytona area. Service is superb, atmosphere is pleasant and cozy and the food is always fabulous.Special Features:
- A Pearl by the Seaonna1VIPDined on 6/24/2014This was our fourth visit and each one was "the best". We travel a lot and visit Italian restaurants all over, this very one stands out as one of the best. The menu is unique while at the same time one can find the Cellar's version of one's favorites. We took our grandsons and they found their favorites within the menu and were pleased with their choices. Especially the desserts! Fine dining in this area is very hard to find, and the Cellar is really the only one I would take friends from out of town to for a special dinner. Yes, dinners dress nicely here. Located on the mainland in a neighborhood, in a Registered Historic Building. Very tasteful decor, comfortable, and lovely presentation. Staff are so professional, not stuffy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014The wait staff was not trained for gourmet dining. They were just a bit better than an Olive Garden staff. Also they hung out in a areas in full view cleaning glasses, etc., when waiting for food. They were pleasant and competent but not what one would expect when being served gourmet type food. The food was excellent, the ambiance would have been better except for lots of conversation - so much so you couldn't hear the music. We asked the waiter why there was so music - he said there was and had it turned up some. Then the ambiance was better but the restuarant would not be one I would choose for a romantic evening but would choose for outstanding food.Special Features:
- What a pleasure, start to finishOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/14/2014The only regret we had during this dining event is it took (14) years by passing this location and because we received a gift card from one Linda's Dr. Employers we were able to experience a truly fine dining in the Daytona Beach area. I have told everyone about this place The Cellar Restaurant. We are going to make this A monthly event. From the moment of our arrival with the hostess, a professional waiter, great Appetizers, unbeatable main menu with all homemade pasta's to the homemade desserts. If you don't treat yourself, love ones, family and special guests YOU ARE MISSING OUT. Just do it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 277 reviews are from the The Cellar Restaurant reviews archive.
- golferproDined on 5/22/2014lovely restaruant...quite intermate dinning experience....Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantsouthernbelleDined on 5/21/2014What a treasure The Cellar is. While visiting Daytona we wanted a nice restaurant off the beach. Great reviews on other online services led us to The Cellar. Small authentic Italian venue. Wait staff friendly and attentive. Owner suggested wine based on what we liked to drink. It was excellent. Food was delicious. Highly recommend reservations. Would have returned a second night if we could. Too many choices for one night- wanted to try it all.Special Features:
- Fine dining in central FloridaMmmmmmVIPDined on 5/16/2014After working and dining in NYC and vacationing in Florida for over 30 years. I have finally found an Italian restaurant in Florida that I am looking forward to returning to. Every aspect of the meal was perfect from the host to the desert. A true gem hidden in Daytona that I will certainly be revisiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking for an excuse to go againjelx2Dined on 5/16/2014It is listed as "Fine Dining", and it is fine dining. The atmosphere is intimate and comfortable without pretentiousness. The food was perfect. The staff is attentive without being clingy and was never MIA. I had the meat special, Elk chop with a porcini cream sauce. My wife had the Snapper Gamberi. Both were perfect, (it's worth repeating, perfect). We split the Tiramisu. Save room for the Tiramisu, it's that good. This was our 28th anniversary get away & dinner and we didn't ask the restaurant to do anything special but it was special just the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night at the CellarpickyeaterDined on 5/10/2014Excellent upscale restaurant. Great food choices for all types of appetites. Recipes that you would not make at home. Delicious!Special Features:
- FrancoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Esperienza di cibo divino!.......................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthy of Five StarsStuff722Dined on 4/27/2014I am so glad we did not miss an opportunity to experience The Cellar. Although we live 30+ miles from Daytona Beach, it was absolutely worth the drive. And, I have no doubt we will return in the near future. The owner hostess (wife) is very hands on & makes sure diners have an unforgettable total dining experience. The owner chef (husband) must be a culinary genius; flavors & sauces are delectable. It is also worth mentioning the restaurant is in a historical landmark once owned by the president William Harding family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ormond Beach WeekendFoodSnobDined on 4/19/2014My sister and I researched this restaurant; we wanted something extra nice for Saturday night before Easter. Charming atmosphere, everyone's food was very good, but I have to write that the pappardelle pasta was slightly thicker than the pasta to which I'm accustomed. As pasta is supposed to be a house specialty, it was a disappointment, the sauce was fairly bland & the sausage was slivered so thinly that you couldn't truly taste any flavor. I also had the Caprese salad, but the mozzarella did not taste fresh to me. No real complaints though, as everyone else was very happy with their choices: Filet Mignon, Fish Special, Rack of Lamb...the staff is rather stiff, well- trained, we prefer a little fun, all in all it was a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2014Great find in an old historic house. We sat in the upstairs dining room, so I can't comment on the downstairs dining room. Upstairs was nicely decorated. Flowers with lots of color outside were clearly visible from our table. Food was outstanding. A little pricey but so worth it.Special Features:
- Ohio VisitorFunInTheSunDined on 4/16/2014Once again, we were very pleased. Service was wonderful, food was delicious, ambiance was great. Our waiter catered to us and we talked about our positive experience with the owner. We will return to this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A total experience.RobertDined on 4/16/2014We were given the name by a friend, we live in Tulsa, OK. This is the former home of President Harding, which I did not know until reading the menu. It may be primarily Italian, but they have many entrees suited for any taste. This is some of the best prepared food I've eaten in years. The delicate seasonings were extremely well prepared and not overdone. If I lived within a few hours of Daytona, I would visit this again and again. I will definitely dine there again. The staff was professional, and courteous. Our bread was replaced without me even knowing it. The sign of a talented waiter, for sure. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014We had a lovely dinner, the service was great. Our waiter was knowledgable, unobtrusive and funny.Special Features:
- Super!!!GailDined on 4/11/2014If your looking for one of the BEST meals you might have this is the place. It has an excellent menu with a wine list to match. Just sit back and enjoy!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night Exclusive/ Foodies DreamJason1973VIPDined on 4/8/2014My girlfriend and I had read the reviews on this restaurant, prior to making reservation 2 months in advance. We ate here on Spring Break Tuesday 4/8/2014. We had our choice of eating in the cellar, or upstairs. We chose to sit upstairs, the cellar was packed and lots of conversation. We had only one other couple sitting in the enclosed patio. The upstairs in my opinion was more open and romantic! My girlfriend had a pasta dish which she enjoyed. I had the Filet, as a foodie all over the world, this by far was the best tasting, most tender filet I have wrapped my lips around. We had the owners special pomegranate champagne with a sugar rim,(It's a must try!) We also shared a bottle Vecchia Modena it too was delicious. 5 Stars! Loved It!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real treat. Italian at itsFredmoflaDined on 3/28/2014A real treat. Italian at its freshest and freshest. From the appetizers to dessert, the food and service were first class. The downstairs dining area is a bit cramped, but very lovely. This place takes their business very seriously, and it shows. From pasta to lamb, you cannot go wrong. Desserts are sumptuous. Everything is fresh and made in house. It is not cheap, but still a good value. Our waiter, Christopher, was helpful and knowledgeable. A real pro. Minor quibbles: No full bar. This is a shame, but the wine list is excellent. The place does get a bit warm when crowded, but not hot. It is an old house after all. If you live near Daytona, it is worth the trip. Lucky for us we do.Special Features:
- Loved it!!!Csheff10Dined on 3/26/2014My wife and I celebrated our 8 year wedding anniversary here. The food was great and the service was top notch....we will definitely be back!!!Special Features:
- The Cellar is truly a neighborhoodLindaDined on 3/25/2014The Cellar is truly a neighborhood gem. I enjoyed the service, the food, and the ambience. I wish they were open during the day for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.