The Cellar Restaurant
220 Magnolia Ave.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
The Cellar Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecellarrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3862580011
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Sam Moggio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: "Patio Room" seats up to 20. Located on the ground floor. Frequent choice for business meetings and pharma. presentaions.
- Private Party Contact: Lina Moggio 386-258-0011
A word from The Cellar Restaurant
The area’s most acclaimed Fine Dining Classical Italian cuisine with an extensive wine list set in an historic building. CIA Graduate chef and his wife are hosts. 2013 OpenTable Top 100 in United States for "BEST SERVICE" and "MOST ROMANTIC"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Cellar Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Daytona Beach ›
The Cellar Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)romantic (37)notable wine list (32)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Dario Was The Best!TopspinDined on 10/16/2014Our second visit to The Cellar and has always exceeded our expectations! Dario is an excellent server and so helpful and attentive! I believe their olive oil is imported specific for this restaurant and with fresh warm bread this Olive Oil is delicious! My wife had the shrimp and snapper cooked to perfection and I had the veal chop medium and this was so tender and flavorful. Need to also mention how tasty were those au gratin potatoes! Paired with our bottle of Cal Pinot Noir our dining experience could not have been any better! One recent not so good review is humorous in the complaint about veggies being under cooked! The quick blanch cooking of fresh vegetables preserves that peak crunchy taste and nutrition! Must be a FL Cracker!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in DaytonaRickDined on 10/15/2014We return each year to the Cellar and it never disappoints. Wonderful food, great wine list and excellent service. The owners are always there to engage you and make the dining experience even more interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cbr6f2Dined on 10/14/2014My wife and I had dinner there and it was are first time. Great experience, food was tremendous. The house bread was well baked and delicious. We chose 2 pastas to try as 1/2 portion appetizers. The pastas are made in-house and good quality. As a main, I had the osso buco which was cooked to tender perfection. My wife got the stuffed calamari special and she enjoyed it. We split a bottle of Merlot from Columbia Valley which was excellent. Also the desert was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014Superb service. Exceptional wine list. Food choices were excellent and the quality was even better. The atmosphere upstairs overlooking the piazza was such a surprise. If you are considering a romantic outing or just an outstanding dining experience, we strongly recommend you check out The Cellar.Special Features:
- Big Disappointment !FoodLoverDined on 10/7/2014We were looking forward to having an exceptional meal at the Cellar because of all the glowing reviews we read on line. Instead, we had just an average meal, nothing special, certainly not a meal that would bring us back again. My ossi bucco was tender, falling off the bone, heavy gravy covering it and the rice it was sitting on. The veggies du jour were a mixture of green beans, carrots, and small squash that had been lightly sautéed, yet too raw to eat. My glass of wine was acceptable as was the tiny salad I was served. We finished with a chocolate dessert and coffee. The desert was okay and the coffee very weak. All in all, just an average meal.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2014Vacationing in Daytona for 6 nights. Made dinner reservation at Cellar for three nights. Food, wine and wait staff is beyond perfect. Elaine IndianaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Daytona Area!UpantherDined on 10/2/2014I have eaten here a few times. Each time the food is fantastic, the service is amazing, and the experience is rewarding. I happened to leave a note in the online reservation that the person I was bringing was celebrating a birthday, and they read the note and put a candle on her dessert without my mentioning it in person. Thankfully, they don't come to your table to sing. :)Special Features:
- Superb DiningGRluvsMasaDined on 10/1/2014Went to The Cellar for 15th wedding anniversary and again recently for 20th. Both times, best food, service, and ambience in the area. Wine selection unsurpassed. Menu diverse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not that impressedjustmeDined on 9/30/2014The overall experience was very nice. People were very friendly. The food was a bit pricey, but I guess you're paying for the ambiance also. I had the Peperoni Imbottiti. I thought it was average and not worth the $12.00. My wife had the Avocado con Gamberi e Granchio. She said it was tasty and probably worth the $13.00...For my entree I had the Gnocchi alla Bolognese. I was not impressed and definitely not worth the $22.00. My wife had Duetto Verde e Nero . She said it was delicious. To me, it wasn't worth $32.00. Would I recommend it to someone? For a special occasion, maybe. For something else, probably not..I've eaten at other restaurants that have just as nice of an ambiance but the food was a lot more reasonably priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingyumyumDined on 9/27/2014My and husband and I go to The Cellar several times a year but mainly for our anniversary and birthdays. The food, service, and atmosphere are all top notch. We enjoy going to a resturant with an adult atmosphere where it is quiet (no small children allowed), romantic, and there is a dress code. Thank you for making our special occasions "special".Special Features:
- birthday celebrationsuzanneDined on 9/26/2014This was our first time dining at The Cellar. It came highly recommended by a co-worker. It did not disappoint. The service was top notch. It is located in a home that Warren G Harding used to stay...but only the cellar is in use by the restaurant. I wondered why the rest of the house is not used. It is a beautiful old home.Special Features:
- 2nd time great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Great Italian food. Would go back for a third time for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening outFloridaDined on 9/24/2014Excellent food and great conversation without having to compete with other conversations in the roomSpecial Features:
- Great find in Daytona BeachRonKDined on 9/21/2014My wife and I made our first trip to Daytona Beach to visit our son and his family since they moved there a few months ago. In addition we were celebrating my wife's birthday. My son suggested the Cellar for dinner for this occasion, although they had not eaten there yet. We were very pleased with the service and the food was outstanding. My wife and I both had the rack of lamb as an entree and it was perfectly prepared with an excellent reduction sauce. My son had veal osso bucco which he said was great. Would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a special night out. Our server made a wine suggestion for a wine they had just added to their cellar and it was outstanding.Special Features:
- Out for a night to eat at CellarJohnny67Dined on 9/21/2014We were looking to find a place to eat for my 47th Birthday which happened to be that night. Looked for close 45 mins online at many review sites for the area of Daytona Beach, Port Orange, and NSB. Finally found TripAdvisor to look for our place since they had a review portal for Restaurants in the area and can be categorized any way you wish. So I targeted "TOP RATED" restaurants in Daytona Beach no matter what cuisine it was. Well, The Cellar Restaurant came up in the first spot (#1 Rated) so after reading several reviews left by others and seeing that they did have many 5-Stars reviews...we decided to go there. I made reservations for the following night. The food was really good and the service top-notch! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Absolutely love this place!DuffyDined on 9/14/2014After moving away six years ago, I have missed The Cellar. It was wonderful to be back AND remembered by the owner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSteakmanDined on 9/12/2014This is a little known place to the tourists thus a good place to get away from that crowd. Located in the heart of Daytona, the Cellar is a quiet romantic place to enjoy fine dining. My rack of lamb was cooked to a perfect temperature and seasoned just right. They have an extensive wine list for those that care to indulge. Not a place to bring kids as this is a small place and very intimate. More of a place to bring your date.Special Features:
- Not a place we will be returning toyellowribbonsDined on 9/11/2014While the food was great and loved the romantic setting, especially the stained glass window displays, the service left much to be desired...waiter was a pompous jerk.Special Features:
- Daytona's Shining Dining StarDaytonaDebDined on 9/5/2014Dining at The Cellar is always a wonderful experience! In a world where every restaurant seems to bustle with loud, hurry up and eat music, poor acoustics and in the very worst cases - TVs, dining at The Cellar is a relaxing epicurean delight. From the moment you enter and are greeted by Lena, you will be treated to the best service and food in the area. I don't think you can go wrong with anything on their menu, everything is always delicious and presented beautifully. I highly recommend The Cellar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic eveningcelebrationDined on 9/2/2014What could have been a romantic evening, was spoiled by our lamb shanks arriving at the table, just barely warm, so we had to send them back and wait quite a while for them to be re-heated. Although a small token was granted against the check, the evening had been spoiled completely.lSpecial Features:
- A little too loudTheKitchenGuyDined on 8/30/2014We dined at The Cellar last Saturday night while in Daytona for the weekend. The food was fantastic and the dining room in the "cellar" was unique. Our server was capable but certainly wasn't the most outgoing or conversational. We noticed other servers really connecting with their parties. But the worst aspect of the evening was the noise level, it was almost unbearable. The two of us were sat next to a table of six and a table of four. And with the low ceiling of the dining room the noise level got to be too much. Let's just say I learned more about a woman from New Jersey than I cared too! But don't let this stop you from enjoying a meal here......I would just suggest a weeknight rather than a busy weekend night.Special Features:
- Great Experience!!!greatrestaurant29Dined on 8/29/2014From the greeting to the service and the fantastic food, this restaurant was fabulous and we look forward to returning whenever we are in Daytona. Don't miss this one. Loved the Décor and the staff was very professional and helpful. Would highly recommend this to all my friends who want great food and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Daytona Beach areaRickGDined on 8/22/2014We have dined here at least 10 times in the last 4 or 5 years and the quality of the food, service and ambiance remains excellent. A nice menu includes many seafood dishes and the filet mignon was cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningjcsweetDined on 8/20/2014I have been here for dinner a few times and have never been disappointed. This was the first time using online reservations and it worked great. I did request a small birthday cake or something similar to help celebrate my friend's birthday but did not even get a response as whether it could or could not happen....it did not happen. Slightly disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but .....MarkosIsAwesomeDined on 8/9/2014It was a pretentious environment with overpriced offerings and snooty service- yes Joseph we are talking about you. But..... The food was great .
- Surprising (in a not good way)MC143VIPDined on 8/2/2014We had our hopes up, especially since The Cellar is one of the top 100 most romantic restaurants per OpenTable. On the plus side, the food was quite good...the lobster appetizer was perhaps the best appetizer we've had. The lamb shanks were incredible and succulent. And the molten chocolate cake with hazelnut was fantastic. On the downside, the ambience was subpar at best. It started poorly with the young man who greeted us; he looked like he had just graduated from school and was not yet sure how to tie his tie. And then the dining experience itself was ruined by being in the small dining room with an obnoxious Italian couple who made us feel very uncomfortable. The restaurant is good, don't get me wrong...but not worth repeating!
- Osprey20Osprey20Dined on 8/1/2014Great food. Great atmosphere. Several dining rooms gave each an intimate feel. Outstanding service and extensive wine list. Staff was courteous and attentive. My wife had red snapper and I had branzino. Outstanding. Was well worth the 45 minute drive.Special Features:
- Dining at it's bestkebertrnDined on 7/24/2014Saw this restaurant advertised on the internet. Was able to review the menu in advance and also to see the layout of the dining room and bar area. Was an easy choice as a location to celebrate my wife's birthday. We were not disappointed. Everything about this restaurant is exactly as shown on the internet.Special Features:
- FoodloverVIPDined on 7/23/2014Very good restaurant! One of the best italian restaurants I've ever been to. Live in Orlando and came to have dinner with our daughter who is going to school in Daytona Beach. Will need to make the trip back to Daytona just to eat here!Special Features:
- 4popsDined on 7/23/2014This place is a 10. A gem that is hidden from all the noisy of the area. Food was outstanding and service was wonderful. Will return next time in Daytona.Special Features:
- Best in DaytonaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014This was our second visit. We bragged about the Cellar to our dining partners, and we had a marvelous evening. The Amarone wine paired perfectly with our meal and the service was excellent. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014I took my wife there her birthday , Joseph our waiter was great , Food was awesome, We will tell our friends also about The Cellar . The owner was very nice . Thank You Wayne & Joan Airport Express Of St. AugustineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Dinnergoober190Dined on 7/19/2014My husband had found the cellar and was going to surprise me with a romantic dinner. I can't believe we have never noticed it before since we are in that area of Daytona all the time. Dinner was wonderful, the food was great, the wine was perfect. And the dessert was to die for. I loved the look and the feel of the restaurant. The stained glass windows on the wall to the rows of wine bottles. But the best is I loved the purse hook they bring to the table. We do plan on a return trip very soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad but not greatAdamp3p4VIPDined on 7/12/2014Service a bit scetchy, wine was good, food was nice but nothing special, not as good as i was made to believe.
- Best in DaytonaLuisDined on 6/26/2014Concistency can be boring but not at The Cellar - it gets better with age.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Daytonaduc450Dined on 6/25/2014The Cellar is hands down the best there is in the Daytona area. Service is superb, atmosphere is pleasant and cozy and the food is always fabulous.Special Features:
- A Pearl by the Seaonna1VIPDined on 6/24/2014This was our fourth visit and each one was "the best". We travel a lot and visit Italian restaurants all over, this very one stands out as one of the best. The menu is unique while at the same time one can find the Cellar's version of one's favorites. We took our grandsons and they found their favorites within the menu and were pleased with their choices. Especially the desserts! Fine dining in this area is very hard to find, and the Cellar is really the only one I would take friends from out of town to for a special dinner. Yes, dinners dress nicely here. Located on the mainland in a neighborhood, in a Registered Historic Building. Very tasteful decor, comfortable, and lovely presentation. Staff are so professional, not stuffy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 279 reviews are from the The Cellar Restaurant reviews archive.
- Wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014The wait staff was not trained for gourmet dining. They were just a bit better than an Olive Garden staff. Also they hung out in a areas in full view cleaning glasses, etc., when waiting for food. They were pleasant and competent but not what one would expect when being served gourmet type food. The food was excellent, the ambiance would have been better except for lots of conversation - so much so you couldn't hear the music. We asked the waiter why there was so music - he said there was and had it turned up some. Then the ambiance was better but the restuarant would not be one I would choose for a romantic evening but would choose for outstanding food.Special Features:
- What a pleasure, start to finishOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/14/2014The only regret we had during this dining event is it took (14) years by passing this location and because we received a gift card from one Linda's Dr. Employers we were able to experience a truly fine dining in the Daytona Beach area. I have told everyone about this place The Cellar Restaurant. We are going to make this A monthly event. From the moment of our arrival with the hostess, a professional waiter, great Appetizers, unbeatable main menu with all homemade pasta's to the homemade desserts. If you don't treat yourself, love ones, family and special guests YOU ARE MISSING OUT. Just do it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- golferproDined on 5/22/2014lovely restaruant...quite intermate dinning experience....Special Features: