The Cellar Newnan
9 East Washington St
Newnan, GA 30263Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Cellar Newnan
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thecellarnewnan.com/
- Phone: 7706836328x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Wild Game, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Wayne Shivers
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Cellar offers an extensive list of catering options for on-site and off-site catering. For more information please call (770) 683-6328 or email us at email@example.com for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Our dining room is available for private parties, in part or in full. Please call (770) 683-6328 for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Tiffany Dillard or Lou Perez 7706836328x
- Entertainment: Live music every Friday and Saturday night from 7:30-11:00. Our music calendar is located on our website www.thecellarnewnan.com.
- Special Events: The Cellar is more than willing to accomodate you for any special event needs you may have. For more information please call (770) 683-6328 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
A word from The Cellar Newnan
The Cellar is Newnan's premier experience in casual fine dining! Try us tonight for the best local selection of hormone-and-antibiotic-free, humanely raised and butchered premium cuts of steak, as well as wild game burgers that will knock your socks off, including Kobe beef, Wild Elk, Wild Turkey, U.S. Prairie Lamb and, of course, Kangaroo. We offer salmon, shrimp, and pork. If you need vegetarian and gluten-free options please call ahead 770 683 MEAT (6328). Established in March 2012.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Cellar Newnan - Best Restaurants in Newnan ›
The Cellar Newnan reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)romantic (27)neighborhood gem (25)notable wine list (9)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (8)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- avram1964Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I went there for our anniversary. Great Chophouse that was less frustrating to get to than downtown Atlanta locations. We think the food was better than our special occasion, downtown spot. Our waiter, Jerry, was very helpful and knowledgeable. We plan to return and try one of the game burgers. My husband made a suggestion of having a sample plate containing the different burgers as sliders. That way you can try the meat without committing to a full burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerhds0124Dined on 8/15/2014The service was great, the food was outstanding, and we enjoyed the music. Just like going to a nice restaurant in Atlanta without having to sit through rush hour traffic on a Friday. We thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to The Cellar and will be back.Special Features:
- Great dining and ambienceDeRoDined on 8/13/2014If your tired of Buckhead, and all the traffic in dowtown getting to a chophouse with great food, a great wine list and what I found to be very attentive excellect service, thy south of ATL, in Newnan Ga. The Celler is in the historic square of Newnan with interesting local shops, and a laid back flair. The food was excellent, we had the steak, but if your taste buds go for the eclectic, maybe the antelope, or kangaroo burgers may be your pleasure. Expect Old South Service, with an upscale wine and beer list. Have FunSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantDixieDined on 8/9/2014It was our third trip. Never disappoints. We love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is killing this placeJoelDined on 8/9/2014I was warned by a previous customer that although the food was very good, the lack of knowledgeable service will take away from the dining experience. CORRECT. I honestly believe our server was on some sort of medication or under the influence. We will never return.
- First TimeJAJHDined on 8/1/2014What a great restaurant. After being seated and served our first drinks the staff was a little less attentive, left with empty glass and forgot to return. As dinner progressed though I will say the staffing improved. The apps (Conch Fritters) we okay, nothing to bring me back...but the steak, filet med rare and the rib eye medium were incredible. Contrary to other reviews I found the sides proportionate and adequate. I'd certainly return and would most certainly recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a fine dining restaurantFinallybackhomeDined on 8/1/2014Service was slow and server was MIA a lot. Salad cams before appitizer because server forgot to order it. Received 2 rolls for the table asked for more never received them. My steak was over cooked , server never checked back after serving it. After dinner we were told about dessert offering then she eked away again. Never offered coffee or tea with our dessert.It was a disappointing evening got date night for myself and my husband.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/31/2014An amazing evening with great friends and wonderful food, wine and staff!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat eater's paradiseGbBtDined on 7/25/2014They had live guitar music. Not too loud. Much appreciated. Awesome steaks, plenty of sides. The Mac and cheese was a bit bland though. Overall Worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Early DinnervickDined on 7/23/2014Reservations were at 5:30 on a Wednesday, so the restaurant was very quiet. As we were finishing (4 in the party) around 7 p.m., the band was setting up, so we cannot comment on the noise level after that. This was our second time there and the food was just as great as the first time. We enjoyed the aged reserved filet, the cowboy ribeye and the shrimp. Service also great.Special Features:
- outstandingq8k8Dined on 7/19/2014The wait staff and manager were on point nothing was overlooked and the dining expierience was amazing, don't like to be "that guy" but seeing entree's being served to other guest's had me wishing I had orderd them myselfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014A little noisy for fine dining. Steak was overcooked salmon was great. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good but pricey!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Piano was not visible where we sat and we could barely hear it.
- Excellent FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014I was looking for a nice restaurant on the south side of town to celebrate my mother's 71st birthday. This was an excellent find. Great food and a great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great Father's Day MenuGranddaddyDawgDined on 6/15/2014We made reservations for Father's Day because the menu sounded so delicious. We were not disappointed. Our grandchildren loved the food and went back for seconds. The service was great and dessert hit the spot. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnernewnan14reviewerDined on 6/12/2014Everything was great! The only thing I was disappointed about was that I included a note in the reservation that it was my wife's birthday and to make it special for her. Normally a restaurant would bring out a dessert of some sort or an after dinner drink on the house. I'm not sure what happened but nothing was said or provided. Needless to say, I was pretty bummed out as this was our first time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/7/2014Been here multiple times. Great food, friendly service, nice ambiance. Always a good meal here.Special Features:
- Nice Atmosphere and Good Servicecasuallady1Dined on 6/6/2014My husband and I come for dessert on Friday night and enjoyed the live entertainment as we had dessert and coffee/hot tea. We were not made to feel unwanted because of the fact that we just wanted dessert. On the contrary, we were welcomed heartily, given a choice seat, and treated royally by our waiter.Special Features:
- Date NightdateniteDined on 5/31/2014Took my wife out for a date night away from our two small children. This was a wonderful evening. Menu has a variety of exotic meat burgers and aged steaks. They have a nice wine and beer list. There were people dressed up and people in jeans and I think all fit in but I would say you'd be more comfortable atleast in a pair of khakis. The staff was very knowledgable about the menu items and was able to answer all our questions.Special Features:
- Try something new!HatetocookDined on 5/24/2014If you want to try an entirely new dish, The Cellar is the place to go. Elk, antelope, kangaroo - not your usual menu. I chose the salmon, which was delicious. Our waiter made a suggestion for our wine choice, and it was very good. The restaurant was a little louder than usual, but there was a graduation party going on, and The Cellar did try to cut down on the noise by pulling a movable wall between us and the large party. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this venue to anyone visiting from out of town or any locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice girls night outBbuckDined on 5/16/2014My sister and I took our Mother out for Mothers Day. We have excellent service and great food. Everyone enjoyed their meals. The only critique I would have was the chocolate molten dessert I had was just average where I would give the entree an excellent rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Dining Disasterout2eatDined on 5/11/2014Family style food that was not served hot and clearly overcooked. This is one restaurant we can cross off our list - permanently!
- Try the Game optionsGeorgiaVetteDined on 5/10/2014The restaurant has a great feel and was a very pleasant dining experience. Tried the Salmon menu option but was not impressed. The wild boar sausage and lamb sausage appetizer was very good. I would recommend trying their game options as this seems to be their strong suit. Will return again as many of the game options on the menu were appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014My date and I were fortuate enough to sit at the rear booth. It was very appropriate considering we were on our first date. We ate and had a great meal with dessert. We were there for at least 2 hours. The service was great. Our waitress gave us the right amount of service and privacy. The only issue I saw was the tear in the booth that exposed a large metal spring. It made it difficult to slide in and out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentcturnerDined on 5/3/2014The cellar was phenomenal. When I give this restaurant five stars it truly earned it. The food was incredible, and the staff makes you feel like the only people there. The value was phenomenal though it was 70 dollars for two the food was comparable to restaurants in Atlanta that would have cost you more than double that. I recommend The Cellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Wonderful dining experience! All 6 of us ate every morsel of food put in front of us, it was delicious. The salmon was great but the aged beef/steaks were 'melt in your mouth' good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much to be desiredOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014We were seated early for our reservation which was a nice change. The waitress seemed to be very pleasant. I ordered the 8 oz Aged filet and it had very little flavor. My wife ordered the Kobe and it was great. We waited for over an hour for our entrée to come out. The waitress did not ask if we wanted desert, she just brought the check and walked away. It was very close quarters and seemed to be very loud. We ordered a bottle of wine and they had to check to see if they had it in stock. This was not a specialty wine and since it is on the menu you would expect them to carry a large amount.Special Features:
- The following 153 reviews are from the The Cellar Newnan reviews archive.
- For serious meat eating foodieslovetoglitterDined on 4/19/2014The ambience was like a cozy cellar, though it is on street level. The menu is straight forward and meat-centric. Steaks are excellent, and comparable to Ruth's Chris--in flavor AND in price. There is a lot of trendy game meat: kangaroo, elk, antelope, etc. We had steaks with caesar salad and garlic mashed potatoes. The salad was good, the potatoes really good, and the steaks--in particular, my filet--were excellent. The service was quick (maybe a little bit rushed) and professional. If you are serious about your steaks and don't want to drive into Atlanta, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- GamaDined on 4/19/2014Fabulous food. Knowledgable and attentive server. Must tries--the filet and the muscles.Special Features:
- Nice Atmosphere in NewnanOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2014This was the first time we have been to this restaurant. The food was excellent and the service was very good. There was a live band and it was a little hard to carry on conversation but not impossible. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fried green tomatoes weremuvinonDined on 4/11/2014The fried green tomatoes were as good as I've had anywhere. I had a ribeye ordered medium rare. It was delivered as ordered and tender. The steamed vegetables were crisp and we'll flavored. The only negatives were that the steak was not well charred nor well seasoned.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had the AgedFillet. Best steakAtlantaTouristsDined on 4/11/2014Had the AgedFillet. Best steak I have had in Newnan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerDuodinersDined on 4/1/2014My wife and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary at the Cellar and were very happy with our experience. We were seated in a private booth, where we were greeted by a friendly server. She answered all our menu questions confidently and descriptively with good recommendations. The food was great and reasonably priced. I would highly recommend this restaurant to my family, friends and visors to the Newnan area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had early dinner reservationsvickDined on 3/29/2014We had early dinner reservations for a Saturday. Not many people there yet, so it was very quiet. Food and service exceeded our expectations. My husband had the cowboy ribeye and I had the reserved aged filet. Both were excellent, as well as the house salad and the sides. The Red Slate wine that they recommended was also very good - smooth and dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, wine list needsAnnieDined on 3/22/2014Food was good, wine list needs more variety, enjoyed the music. They are moving to a new location downtown shortly...will definitely check that out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it!KellyDined on 3/22/2014We enjoyed our night at The Cellar. The service was amazing, and the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with the familyMakingFoodMemoriesDined on 3/15/2014My husband & I recently dined here. Upon hearing our reviews, our youngest son begged to go back with us. This weekend we took both boys. We went at 5 so as not to disturb other diners. Sam was our waitress. She was attentive, not intrusive. We got Aged Rib Eyes, and our son got a cheeseburger. The burger was huge.& delicious. The steaks are great. The collards & corn pudding are both very good. The lobster bisque was good - sweet, creamy, and had lots of lobster bits, but it is served room temperature - not hot. I prefer my soup hot. My first visit I ordered my steak medium and it was served perfectly cooked. This time it was a little overcooked. Even so, it was still very tender and delicious. Cheesecake was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1yr anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014Great experience for my husband and I on our 1 yr anniversary. Food was terrific;a bit pricey but not too outrageous for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Give it a tryKimMDined on 3/8/2014We like the Cellar, food and service are very good but when they are busy it is very noisy. They are moving to a new location this year, we hope better acoustics will tone down the chatter. Wish the menu had more variety for those of us not that into red meats.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceJulieDined on 3/8/2014We have been to this restaurant several times. This night was to celebrate a birthday. With us was a WWII veteran who has a difficult time of hearing. The restaurant sat us in a more quiet corner. The meal was excellent and our server was wonderful. Will definitely return.Special Features: