The Cellar at Castle Falls
820 N. MacArthur Blvd
Oklahoma City, OK 73127Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
The Cellar at Castle Falls
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.castlefalls.com/restaurant-dining/
- Phone: (405) 942-6133
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, European
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private dining is available in The Library on The Primrose Level for 2 to 4 guests; in The Cellar for up to 35 guests; on The Primrose for up to 50 guests and in The Grande Hall for 50 to 250 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Rollins 4059426133x
- Special Events: The Grande Hall at Castle Falls features state-of-the-art integrated sound/sight equipment and can service all your banquet needs for up to 250 guests within a 5,000 square foot facility. Castle Falls specializes in weddings, reception and private corporate events.
- Cross Street: 8th
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking lot located on the west side of The Grande Hall (event center). Follow path north from the parking lot towards castle ( the restaurant is in historic building not the large hall adjacent to the lot). Entrance is on the south side on the first level.
A word from The Cellar at Castle Falls
Unique. Intimate. Unlike anything you’ve seen in OKC. A historic castle on 5 acres near the heart of OKC offering casual dining in The Cellar (limited seating for ages 6 and older) or elegant dining on the Primrose (limited seating for ages 13 and older). Reservation automatically placed for The Cellar unless other specified. The Primrose is by request only and features five course meals priced from $40 to $75 per person to include appetizer, soup, salad, bread, entree' and dessert. Gratuity is additional. Full menu for both dining options online at castlefalls.com. Open by reservation Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Private parties for 2 to 250 available Sunday through Saturday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Cellar at Castle Falls - Best Restaurants in Oklahoma City ›
The Cellar at Castle Falls reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (36)special occasion (30)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (6)scenic view (5)notable wine list (5)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Primrose Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014We were in the primrose level and enjoyed the 5 course meal experience. Each course was fantasic. My husband and I have never gone to a place like this the ambiance was great, very romantic. The tabe was very secluded making it very easy to have conversation with your dining partner(s). The server was very attentive but never made us feel rushed. The entire exepience was fantastic and I would highly recommend for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Primarose RoomGoodBBQDined on 11/14/2014We decided to have dinner in the Primarose Room based on other reviews. It's was great. Dinner is a five course meal. Every part was fantastic. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Winner!msdbelievesDined on 11/14/2014We've enjoyed several meals over the past years at Castle Falls. Each meal always exceeds our expectations. The ambiance is unique with its castle feel and the atmosphere is quiet allowing our conversations to be heard without shouting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous hidden gemBrcwhite12111Dined on 11/8/2014i had never heard of this place until I found with a Google search (romantic okc restaurants). It is pricey, but well worth it. Great food that's not your everyday cuisine. The history is fascinating. The people were super friendly and very accommodating. Very pleasant experience. This place takes you to another world. The only downfall was leaving to go back to reality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014My Wife and i absolutely enjoyed dinner we were celebrating our wedding anniversary that night and it was perfect. Prices are very reasonable for what you get food and service. We will be back for sure and telling friends about this place.Special Features:
- Perfect Anniversary DinnerJeffDined on 11/1/2014I made a reservation for my wife and myself for our anniversary, and it could not have been any better! I will say that the surrounding can cause a first-timer to become skeptical before entering the main gate. Once inside, the staff was very courteous, and they rsally made you feel special. The atmosphere was terrific for a couple looking to have a private dining experience. While the food was heavenly, there was so much that we simply could not finish a single course of our 5 course meal. I would recommend The Cellar to anyone looking for a romantic dining experience or to celebrate a very special event with friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!DPoolDined on 10/18/2014Castle Falls is always a wonderful dining experience. The place is beautiful & romantic! The food is delicious! My husband & I reccommend it to everyone. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceRAndDined on 10/17/2014As my title suggests..... The service was great, our waitress needs a raise! She was waiting on all of the tables in the "cellar". My wife has food allergies so we mentioned that right up front. Our waitress went directly to the kitchen and spoke with the chef. He assured her he could make sure my wife was going to be fine with what she ordered. When our food arrived my wife's steak was covered in spices...... mine had none. So they messed up something as simple as a steak. The red cabbage tasted like they had soaked it in the brine from bread and butter pickles, I wasn't impressed. All in all it was a decent dining experience. If you want to eat an over priced meal that is substandard in my humble opinion but have great service, eat there
- OKC's Best Kept SecretJC405Dined on 10/11/2014Service / Food / Ambiance all outstanding. I've never heard of The Cellar at Castle Falls it came up on my Yelp one day and I booked a reservation, definitely coming back and spreading the word about this place! PS. Try their bread pudding! Delicious!Special Features:
- Unique Setting2newbiesVIPDined on 10/4/2014Imagine...eating at a castle setting in Oklahoma City! Just what we did...first time visit to OKC and just had to visit. Remember to book the Primrose Room if you want a quiet, romantic 5 course dinner upstairs. Food and service were great...had a wonderful time. Would highly recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely eveningSmiley27849Dined on 10/4/2014My husband and I tried The Castle for our second anniversary. We both loved everything we ate, and our server was extremely attentive, knowledgeable, and pleasant. The building itself and the décor are attractive and added to our experience. Overall, I will definitely come back for another dining experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dining ExperienceDiningLadyDined on 10/4/2014The staff is remarkable. This is restaurant is one where the waiters and waitresses are the same each time you go. It makes you feel like family as they get to know you and your preferences. The ambiance is amazing for romantic dining. The staff, the chef and the food were amazing. All are efficient, friendly and knowledgeable about the European flair. Will most definitely will return.Special Features:
- special occasionluv2dineDined on 10/3/2014Romantic. Bread pudding was to die for. Love to try family owned restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Castle FallsHBSuziQDined on 9/26/2014Perfect anniversary dinner! Wonderful attentive staff and owners. Fantastic chef and great food. It's like a fairy tale place in an old house with history, beautiful grounds and event center, we were taken on tour. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect evening and we will be back!!!!!Special Features:
- Romantic and elegant!Morgan5Dined on 9/26/2014OKC's best place to go for an elegant, romantic, quaint dining experience. The food is beyond excellent and the desserts are worth going there for alone. The wine is exceptional. The staff is very personal and will customize your romantic date night as well. A diamond hidden back in the trees with beautiful grounds. Everyone should experience the food and atmosphere provided by Castle Falls!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerNoodlesDined on 9/6/2014What a great find ! Enjoyed everything about the food ! Even ate goat cheese .. Yummy . The wait staff was outstanding !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced for QualityflowergirlDined on 8/30/2014Ordered the Special of the day: 8oz filet with blue cheese glaze, mashed potato with brown gravy, string green beans. Ordered steak med and came out med/well, potatoes nothing special and green beans ok.Special Features:
- OKC's bestCastleFallsReviewDined on 8/21/2014Castle Falls is always a great experience. It is evident that great care is taken to make the food and atmosphere the highest quality possible. Pricey, but worth it for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great for date night!RhinoDined on 8/16/2014We went here for a romantic dinner out, and it was the perfect setting for that. Very quiet and charming. Everything we ate was delicious.Special Features:
- Charming restaurantadventuresindiningDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I both loved our meals! Beautiful building and grounds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in all respectswingnutDined on 8/2/2014Excellent service, food, and atmosphere. The Prince Joseph's Pork Loin and Jaegar Pork were prime quality and cooked to perfection, as was the Filet Stroganoff - yes, I sampled my families selections. Great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The grounds were lovely and the atmosphere was very romantic. The food was lacking.Special Features:
- The following 260 reviews are from the The Cellar at Castle Falls reviews archive.
- So-soalysekaronDined on 7/25/2014Our first visit was based on the online information. The location is off the beaten path and the fAcility and decor are very interesting and unique. The staff are super friendly and efficient. Very nice ambience. My wife had chicken something like stroganoff which was pretty bland. The French onion soup was dishwater-like and was the first FO soup I ever have had to which I felt needed more salt. I had a filet which was cooked medium and done quite well. But the $40 cut of beef had an edge of gristle and fat which I did not expect. The wine list seems a bit limited with only one Malbec option, and not a great one, at that. The house version of a wedge salad was quite good.Special Features:
- AmateurfoodieDined on 6/28/2014We sat in the Primrose Library for our anniversary and it was really special. The service was terrific, but the food was good I just wanted it to be great. Overall we had a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Everything about the cellar is outstanding. The food is excellent, it is a wonderful place to go dine with someone special. Very romantic and elegant.Special Features:
- Food was fairDrPharm2006Dined on 6/20/2014We went for our anniversary. It was romantic and secluded which was nice. However, the food was fair. The appetizer, salad, soup and dessert were picked for you. You were able to pick your entre but that was even lacking.Special Features:
- diningBlissFor2Dined on 6/14/2014The food was simply delicious. Service impeccable. Quiet atmosphere with romantic twist. We felt as if we had a private dining area. Loved the seclusion of the restaurant location, the lovely walkway into the restaurant, beautiful grounds and easy parking.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerLuv2bromanticDined on 6/7/2014Took my wife there for a romantic dinner service was excellent food very tasty would definately recommend to any one for a special dinner with the one you loveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Hearth in the Heart of OKCuselesscreenameVIPDined on 6/6/2014What an amazing place to host European favorites like French Onion Soup and Jaeger Steak; an historical building crafted from cobblestone and adorned with ivy, European trinkets, and a romantic waterfall. The food was great, though missing some color (steak and potatoes go great with carrots). The soup was the right portion, though I wished I had a deeper spoon with which to consume it more efficiently. The service was great; I didn't ask, but I believe the entire wait staff may have been the people who owned the establishment, which is great. The inside area is romantically small, so I'd leave this for date nights or one-on-one business meetings over drinks, but the outside area is large enough for a small wedding for 50-75 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very romantic anniversary dinnerMansterDined on 5/24/2014The dining was exquisite with every detail to the nines! The food was wonderful. Very rich flavors in the steaks and soups. As well as great house dressing on the salads. The wait staff was very friendly and they explained the menu items very well. I had the jäger steak w/ mushroom cream sauce and it was to die for. And the chocolate cake was just as rich and creamy as you could dream it to be. Highly recommend for your most special of occasions also a great German bier list as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fun nightTryItAllVIPDined on 5/22/2014We returned and took guest this time. Had a great time and everyone loved the food. Afterwards we went out and enjoyed the waterfall and stream that's behind the castle. The whole atmosphere was great for our double date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014The food was ok, the service was great, but, we were one of about four tables. I would not consider it fine dining.
- Amazing!Jp11Dined on 5/15/2014Everything was perfect! The manager took care of everything and made sure everything with my proposal happened the way I had planned! The food was excellent as was our waitress!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DiningAnniversaryDineDined on 5/10/2014The Cellar at Castle Falls was perfect for our anniversary. We were able to enjoy a private romantic setting, great food, and reasonable price for a five-course meal. Dining at Castle Falls is a must for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great Evening OutCastleDined on 5/2/2014The restaurant is a castle surrounded by beautiful grounds. I'm certain this makes it a popular location for private parties. However, this night we were seated together in one of several intimate dining rooms to share conversation and a drink before dinner. Through the amazing courses of European staples we finished with a shared piece of homemade chocolate cake. Fine selection of ales and stouts that you must match with an appetizer of pretzels and brats. Tenderloin was tender and cooked to perfection. Also chicken and pork loin dishes offered. Moderately price wine list will complete and compliment the meal. We were roylaty when it came to service...and felt like we were special guests of the king of the castleSpecial Features:
- Not "horrible" but...AbnStubbyDined on 5/2/2014I had high hopes for this place. Perhaps too high. The signature salad had a heavy "salty" taste that wasn't pleasant. The bread was ok but could easily have been pulled out of a bag bought at the grocery store. The steak I ordered was cooked perfectly and tasted great. My wife's salmon tasted...well...like salmon, but the glaze on top was great. Service was mediocre at best. Our waitress "forgot" that we hadn't been served our entree' yet and offered to explain the desserts available. Not very observant considering there were only about 8 or 10 tables in the whole cellar and only 5 were occupied at the time. The chocolate cake was way too dense and heavy. Overall, the place is beautiful but overpriced for the amount and quality of food.
- Romantic dinner with European flairOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014My husband I went here to celebrate our second anniversary. Having lived in Germany as a younger person, I definitely have ideas about how German food should taste. I was not disappointed. The food was flavorful and well prepared. The csprese salad is one of the best. The pork was tender and the chicken stroganoff was very good. The service was excellent, very friendly and observant. Nicely done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picture perfect!VeryhappyDined on 4/19/2014My partner recently took me here and proposed! Everything was perfect! The staff was very helpful and took part in the special moment. The food and service was very personable and intimate. The overall atmosphere was very pleasant and romantic. I'm so happy that this special occasion too part here! We are looking forward to coming back year after year to remember just how special it was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Every timeTryItAllVIPDined on 4/18/2014This place if a hidden gem that is well worth the finding. The food is outstanding and the portions are large. A nice variety of choices on the menu and we always have a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad but pricey for the qualityMarkDined on 4/12/2014My wife and I went there on a Saturday night (April 12, 2014) and we were disappointed especially considering the price. We expected high quality but it was average. The service was excellent.