The Cellar at Castle Falls
820 N. MacArthur Blvd
Oklahoma City, OK 73127Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
The Cellar at Castle Falls
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.castlefalls.com/restaurant-dining/
- Phone: 4059426133x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, European
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private dining is available in The Library on The Primrose Level for 2 to 4 guests; in The Cellar for up to 35 guests; on The Primrose for up to 50 guests and in The Grande Hall for 50 to 250 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Rollins 4059426133x
- Special Events: The Grande Hall at Castle Falls features state-of-the-art integrated sound/sight equipment and can service all your banquet needs for up to 250 guests within a 5,000 square foot facility. Castle Falls specializes in weddings, reception and private corporate events.
- Cross Street: 8th
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking lot located on the west side of The Grande Hall (event center). Follow path north from the parking lot towards castle ( the restaurant is in historic building not the large hall adjacent to the lot). Entrance is on the south side on the first level.
A word from The Cellar at Castle Falls
Unique. Intimate. Unlike anything you’ve seen in OKC. A historic castle on 5 acres near the heart of OKC offering casual dining in The Cellar (limited seating for ages 6 and older) or elegant dining on the Primrose (limited seating for ages 13 and older). Reservation automatically placed for The Cellar unless other specified. The Primrose is by request only and features five course meals priced from $40 to $75 per person to include appetizer, soup, salad, bread, entree' and dessert. Gratuity is additional. Full menu for both dining options online at castlefalls.com. Open by reservation Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Private parties for 2 to 250 available Sunday through Saturday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Cellar at Castle Falls - Best Restaurants in Oklahoma City ›
The Cellar at Castle Falls reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (26)special occasion (22)scenic view (8)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (3)good for groups (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (2)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Birthday dinnerNoodlesDined on 9/6/2014What a great find ! Enjoyed everything about the food ! Even ate goat cheese .. Yummy . The wait staff was outstanding !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced for QualityflowergirlDined on 8/30/2014Ordered the Special of the day: 8oz filet with blue cheese glaze, mashed potato with brown gravy, string green beans. Ordered steak med and came out med/well, potatoes nothing special and green beans ok.Special Features:
- OKC's bestCastleFallsReviewDined on 8/21/2014Castle Falls is always a great experience. It is evident that great care is taken to make the food and atmosphere the highest quality possible. Pricey, but worth it for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great for date night!RhinoDined on 8/16/2014We went here for a romantic dinner out, and it was the perfect setting for that. Very quiet and charming. Everything we ate was delicious.Special Features:
- Charming restaurantadventuresindiningDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I both loved our meals! Beautiful building and grounds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in all respectswingnutDined on 8/2/2014Excellent service, food, and atmosphere. The Prince Joseph's Pork Loin and Jaegar Pork were prime quality and cooked to perfection, as was the Filet Stroganoff - yes, I sampled my families selections. Great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The grounds were lovely and the atmosphere was very romantic. The food was lacking.Special Features:
- So-soalysekaronDined on 7/25/2014Our first visit was based on the online information. The location is off the beaten path and the fAcility and decor are very interesting and unique. The staff are super friendly and efficient. Very nice ambience. My wife had chicken something like stroganoff which was pretty bland. The French onion soup was dishwater-like and was the first FO soup I ever have had to which I felt needed more salt. I had a filet which was cooked medium and done quite well. But the $40 cut of beef had an edge of gristle and fat which I did not expect. The wine list seems a bit limited with only one Malbec option, and not a great one, at that. The house version of a wedge salad was quite good.Special Features:
- AmateurfoodieDined on 6/28/2014We sat in the Primrose Library for our anniversary and it was really special. The service was terrific, but the food was good I just wanted it to be great. Overall we had a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Everything about the cellar is outstanding. The food is excellent, it is a wonderful place to go dine with someone special. Very romantic and elegant.Special Features:
- Food was fairDrPharm2006Dined on 6/20/2014We went for our anniversary. It was romantic and secluded which was nice. However, the food was fair. The appetizer, salad, soup and dessert were picked for you. You were able to pick your entre but that was even lacking.Special Features:
- diningBlissFor2Dined on 6/14/2014The food was simply delicious. Service impeccable. Quiet atmosphere with romantic twist. We felt as if we had a private dining area. Loved the seclusion of the restaurant location, the lovely walkway into the restaurant, beautiful grounds and easy parking.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerLuv2bromanticDined on 6/7/2014Took my wife there for a romantic dinner service was excellent food very tasty would definately recommend to any one for a special dinner with the one you loveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Hearth in the Heart of OKCuselesscreenameVIPDined on 6/6/2014What an amazing place to host European favorites like French Onion Soup and Jaeger Steak; an historical building crafted from cobblestone and adorned with ivy, European trinkets, and a romantic waterfall. The food was great, though missing some color (steak and potatoes go great with carrots). The soup was the right portion, though I wished I had a deeper spoon with which to consume it more efficiently. The service was great; I didn't ask, but I believe the entire wait staff may have been the people who owned the establishment, which is great. The inside area is romantically small, so I'd leave this for date nights or one-on-one business meetings over drinks, but the outside area is large enough for a small wedding for 50-75 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very romantic anniversary dinnerMansterDined on 5/24/2014The dining was exquisite with every detail to the nines! The food was wonderful. Very rich flavors in the steaks and soups. As well as great house dressing on the salads. The wait staff was very friendly and they explained the menu items very well. I had the jäger steak w/ mushroom cream sauce and it was to die for. And the chocolate cake was just as rich and creamy as you could dream it to be. Highly recommend for your most special of occasions also a great German bier list as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 252 reviews are from the The Cellar at Castle Falls reviews archive.
- Another fun nightTryItAllDined on 5/22/2014We returned and took guest this time. Had a great time and everyone loved the food. Afterwards we went out and enjoyed the waterfall and stream that's behind the castle. The whole atmosphere was great for our double date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014The food was ok, the service was great, but, we were one of about four tables. I would not consider it fine dining.
- Amazing!Jp11Dined on 5/15/2014Everything was perfect! The manager took care of everything and made sure everything with my proposal happened the way I had planned! The food was excellent as was our waitress!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DiningAnniversaryDineDined on 5/10/2014The Cellar at Castle Falls was perfect for our anniversary. We were able to enjoy a private romantic setting, great food, and reasonable price for a five-course meal. Dining at Castle Falls is a must for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great Evening OutCastleDined on 5/2/2014The restaurant is a castle surrounded by beautiful grounds. I'm certain this makes it a popular location for private parties. However, this night we were seated together in one of several intimate dining rooms to share conversation and a drink before dinner. Through the amazing courses of European staples we finished with a shared piece of homemade chocolate cake. Fine selection of ales and stouts that you must match with an appetizer of pretzels and brats. Tenderloin was tender and cooked to perfection. Also chicken and pork loin dishes offered. Moderately price wine list will complete and compliment the meal. We were roylaty when it came to service...and felt like we were special guests of the king of the castleSpecial Features:
- Not "horrible" but...AbnStubbyDined on 5/2/2014I had high hopes for this place. Perhaps too high. The signature salad had a heavy "salty" taste that wasn't pleasant. The bread was ok but could easily have been pulled out of a bag bought at the grocery store. The steak I ordered was cooked perfectly and tasted great. My wife's salmon tasted...well...like salmon, but the glaze on top was great. Service was mediocre at best. Our waitress "forgot" that we hadn't been served our entree' yet and offered to explain the desserts available. Not very observant considering there were only about 8 or 10 tables in the whole cellar and only 5 were occupied at the time. The chocolate cake was way too dense and heavy. Overall, the place is beautiful but overpriced for the amount and quality of food.
- Romantic dinner with European flairOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014My husband I went here to celebrate our second anniversary. Having lived in Germany as a younger person, I definitely have ideas about how German food should taste. I was not disappointed. The food was flavorful and well prepared. The csprese salad is one of the best. The pork was tender and the chicken stroganoff was very good. The service was excellent, very friendly and observant. Nicely done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picture perfect!VeryhappyDined on 4/19/2014My partner recently took me here and proposed! Everything was perfect! The staff was very helpful and took part in the special moment. The food and service was very personable and intimate. The overall atmosphere was very pleasant and romantic. I'm so happy that this special occasion too part here! We are looking forward to coming back year after year to remember just how special it was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Every timeTryItAllDined on 4/18/2014This place if a hidden gem that is well worth the finding. The food is outstanding and the portions are large. A nice variety of choices on the menu and we always have a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad but pricey for the qualityMarkDined on 4/12/2014My wife and I went there on a Saturday night (April 12, 2014) and we were disappointed especially considering the price. We expected high quality but it was average. The service was excellent.
- great birthday eventjrp15255Dined on 4/11/2014I took my wife to Castle Falls for her birthday. It was a lovely experience and everything was tops. The food was excellent, the atmosphere was perfect and the interactions with the other guests was warm and personal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the eveningsoutherncomfortDined on 4/11/2014The food was excellent. The house salad could have been a meal itself. Ordered the Special which was a fillet with blue cheese. Was divine. Waitress was great atmosphere was super. Would definitely would go again.Special Features:
- anniversary ambiancehappyeaterDined on 4/11/2014You'll fall in love at Castle Falls, or fall all over again. You are greeted by beautiful walkways, landscaping and secluded outdoor nooks leading you to an authentic-feeling castle home. The food is a fabulous feast for the palate and soul. From fresh warm breads, Bavarian pretzel and fruity drinks to the main courses from around the globe, you'll leave feeling satisfied and refreshed. Definitely a place to rekindle a flame or start a new spark with a special someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDevinDined on 4/5/2014My girlfriend and I really enjoyed our dinner. The food was great. It was a great atmosphere. Very intimate and made for a great date. I had the filet stroganoff and my girlfriend had a chicken dish which was the special of the night. She had a house salad that was unbelievable. I'm not a salad person at all but it was amazing. It had 3 different salads on one plate. Very good. We really enjoyed our dinner and i would encourage anyone else looking for a nice place to have dinner for two, this is a good place. You have to watch for it when driving north up MacAurthur from I-40. I never knew this place was there. Dont let the area keep you away. It's definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a Romantic CelebrationdatenightfanDined on 4/4/2014Good food, great ambiance, attentive staff. We specifically requested and enjoyed a quiet, out-of-the-way corner for our hushed conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrting friendshipSavorWholeExperienceDined on 3/29/2014When you celebrate friendship it is an added treat to do so in a fun, unique, and DELICIOUS place --which is Castle Falls. You felt like family (in the right kind of way:)). The evening was more like an adventure in dining (and friendship) then "going out to eat".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every pennyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014My husband and I both had the steak. It was so tender it was like melting in your mouth. The lobster bisque was a smooth as silk. The Bavarian pretzels were the best I've ever had.. They have an excellent wine list and my husband I chose to have a bottle of their house Shiraz which was excellent. But they also have many wonderful imported beers. The atmosphere was romantic and relaxing and they played very nice background music not to loud.. Exemplary service! Our waitress was attentive but not a helicopter. I would recommend this restaurant to any of my friends and family and look forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemSwiftkill1Dined on 3/22/2014I took my fiancé here for a nice romantic birthday dinner and it lived up to all our expectations. The service was amazing and the food was delicious! I had have driven past this location a hundred times and never even knew it was here. Small low lit dining around with perfect ambience. We will definitely be making a ritual of return dining and also partaking in the special dining events once a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great overallsmwaDined on 3/21/2014The entrée was delicious, though the starting bread was not so impressive. They had several specials of the day that all sounded excellent, I'd assume they're different all the time. There weren't many people and the ones there were quiet, so it was a nice noise level, with soft music playing, though it crackled and stopped occasionally. The decor was nice and let you feel like you were dining in one's home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic birthday siteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2014Dinner was calm and lovely. Above average marks all around. So enjoyable for my wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best birthday surprise dinner ever.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Absolutely wonderful and amazing restaurant. The owner, Nina, called after I made the reservation online, and I explained that I wanted to surprise my fiance for her birthday, and give her a dining experience like she never had before, in the message box during the online reservation I asked if they could help me, and after the dinner bring out a desert with a lit candle on top. Not only did they brought her a real German Cheesecake (A+), but they wrote "Happy Birthday" with chocolate, put cherries in the corner of the plate and dusted the entire thing with sugar, making it look as it was covered in light snow. Needless to say my fiance was in tears. Food was absolutely amazing. Thank You so very. much Nina. We will be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor food quality controlOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014This restaurant is indeed a romantic restaurant with outstanding service. However, it suffers from inconsistent food quality. My steak component from the stroganoff was exceptionally tough and difficult to eat. Either the steak was marinated properly or was a poor steak. My company's chicken in her stroganoff was equally tough and dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening for a a duo-specialSwanyDined on 3/8/2014Nice evening for a a duo-special birthday celebration. Our server was very accomodating and the food was delicious. After having driven past this "castle" for years, it was a lovely surprise to finally partake of the niceties within it's turret!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerSoonersDined on 3/8/2014We had a very pleasant dinning experance. My wife had the lobster tail. It would have been nice if it would have been split open instead of having to break the shell up to get to the meat. Waitress was very relaxed, friendly, and very helpful. I had the Kings steak. It was very tender and was very flavorful. Thank you for a wonderful evening as we celebrated my wife's birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinnerAngelaEDined on 3/8/2014The food was absolutely amazing. The service was fabulous. We were there for a special event with 2 other couples. Although The Cellar is not set up for a group of 6 they accommodated us upstairs. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.