The Celestial Steakhouse
1071 Celestial Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
The Celestial Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://thecelestial.com/
- Phone: 5132414455
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4;00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live music every Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
A word from The Celestial Steakhouse
Four star, Four diamond dinning with a stellar view of the city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
The Celestial Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
The Celestial Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (93)special occasion (75)romantic (69)notable wine list (25)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (18)late-night find (10)good for groups (8)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Great place but dated musicOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2014Very good food, elegant place and first class service. Fantastic views. The only drawback was the music, which seemed to be dated 60s-70s background music from a bad movie, but the volume is low and it's not offensive. Classical or something more current would fit better for this high-end establishment. Overall a very nice place, warm people and a memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,great view!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014We were seated at Table 1 which had an incredible view of downtown Cincinnati and the Kentucky riverfront. My ribeye steak was probably one of the best I have ever enjoyed in Cincinnati. Great happy hour wine prices. We'll be back for more!Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationIslandgirl32Dined on 8/24/2014The food was excellent and the service was very good.To bad the waiter was doing duties of server, bus boy and bar tender! Views were lovely, music was just loud enough to hear and enjoyable. Luckily our waiter explained the staffing problem and was very genuine. Steaks were superb! Would definitely recommend to anyone that wants a nice evening and meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okcraftDined on 8/24/2014I didn't find the food or service to be any better than a chain restaurant, expectations didn't match realitySpecial Features:
- Beautiful View, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Had a great experience dining here. Good was delicious, waiter was very friendly and professional. I would recommend it for the view alone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT STEAKS!!Foodguy87Dined on 8/22/2014My wife and I have dined at the Celestial three or four times and have always been impressed with the service the food and the great view of Cincinnati's skyline. The steaks are always cooked to perfection. They also have an extensive wine list suiting all tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT!CurtisgableDined on 8/22/2014Food and service were great! The restaurant has amazing views and the table we sat at was right in front of a window as requested. Although, the window was dirty and the tables were very tight and close together (also, a little too quiet for my taste until the band started playing in the bar and some of the music traveled into our dining room) BUT once we were seated we had a great time. Excellent food and service and I will be back!Special Features:
- Good but not very good.LuiseVIPDined on 8/22/2014We started with brie which was good but the bread was way too hard. The regular bread was very good. The pork chop was overly seasoned, almost blackened but the menu didn't say that. Chicken breast okay. Service very good.Special Features:
- ladyDined on 8/20/2014Our waiter was Victor. He was wonderful. Attentive. Food was great.Special Features:
- Disappointing for a 4 star steakhseDaveVIPDined on 8/19/2014We went to celebrate a birthday at a highly recognized 4 star steakhouse. I was disappointed first in the service, which did not get better. By the time our server came back to check on us, it was to late to order another drink. We told him that the steak although tasty was overcooked to well done not the medium it was ordered as. Having been to many great Ruby steakhouses, I would not go back to this place again. I guess seeing how sparsely populated it was should have been a hint.
- Saturdays dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014We were out for our wedding anniversary and we had our sons with us. They are 11 and 9, but they are good in these situations. Our waiter was fantastic with the boys. The food was excellent as well as the view. The live music was also nice and a hit with the kids. We will be back.Special Features:
- A ClassicGeronimoDined on 8/15/2014You really don't go to Celestial for the food.... though the food is not "bad." You go for the atmosphere and the view. This is truly a Cincinnati Classic.... nice setting, nice service, nice food... and a fabulous view. Music in the lounge is great. If you are looking for a quiet, romantic evening (when food is not the focus), Celestial is hard to beat. But that is just my opinion....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014We had a wonderful evening celebrating our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The server was professional and nice. We could not have asked for a better experience. This was our first time at Celestial and we look forward to having another delicious dinner there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014Great service. Dated decor. Too tightly packed for such a big space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our AnniversaryHerbieDined on 8/10/2014We had a nice table facing the view of the city it was very romantic and the service was five star Our complements to the chef our food was sublime. We will recommend to our friends to enjoy the wonderful time we had experiencing the Celestial Steakhouse.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014I thought it felt dated. The view is fantastic the food was average. It was pricey . Salad great baked potato mediocre . Martini had to much vermouth and no large olives at the bar. I liked that we were not rushed, but went on a Monday early so plenty of tables remained openSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014What a disappointment. The menu on their website is not current. The food was not good. The best part of the evening was my company. Will not go back and will certainly never recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Not as special as we'd hoped!COteamVIPDined on 8/2/2014We were celebrating our 1st anniversary and news that we were expecting so we wanted it to be quite a special dinner. None of the specifics that were mentioned in our open table reservation were addressed; we were seated exactly where we'd asked not to be and there was no feeling that it really mattered if we dined here or not. The restaurant is looking more and more worn and tired with tears in the carpet and worn out chair cushions. We have privately contacted the owner with these concerns but he makes no effort to understand the issues nor the need to please his diners. We don't feel this is the special place that was always one of the most romantic in the city. It's a shame that the restaurant isn't being maintained as it should.Special Features:
- What a great anniversary dinnerRegularsVIPDined on 8/2/2014We decided to celebrate 30 years of marriage at one of Cinci's finest restaurants. The chilled bottle of champagne was waiting for us when we got there ( as requested), and our winter Tim was very attentive. The food was, as we have experienced repeatedly, excellent. Could not have picked a better place. Thanks for making it memorable for us.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperiencebdhdesignDined on 7/29/2014We arrived at the very beginning of their dinner service and were very warmly received. We were shown to the corner table with beautiful views of downtown Cincy. The food all the way through service was incredible. Would highly recommend the crab cake for an appetizer. Seriously great flavor! I got the New York Strip with golden mashed potatoes. Had to be the best mashed potatoes I have ever had and the steak was perfectly cooked. Finished with the Creme Brulee. Great flavors all the way through the meal and our waiter was excellent.Special Features:
- Lisa TurnerLt1049Dined on 7/26/2014Very nice evening-good food and ambience very gracious staff friendly helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GDocVIPDined on 7/25/2014Poor service with an attitude. We were the only people in the restaurant and had a reservation, but were given the worst table. We complained and were given a better table but was told it was a favor.
- The CelestialIndyHDined on 7/20/2014Food was delicious - especially the Filet Oscar. Service was attentive and very helpful. Ambiance on a Sunday night was non-existent. We were the only diners in the entire restuarant. Also, the decor and vibe of the restuarant was very outdated - old faded carpet, wood paneling, etc. My husband and I celebrated our anniversary and we did enjoy the beautiful view of the Cincinnati skyline and appreciated the chocolate cake dessert they brought out gratis for our anniversay.Special Features:
- It was nicefoodhussyDined on 7/19/2014The view is spectacular and that was the best part. The food was fine - I've eaten a lot of great steak as of late and I'd say it was my least favorite but it was still good. Service was fine but nothing special. All in all - a nice meal and a beautiful view. No real need to go back though.Special Features:
- 4 star steak?juseatitDined on 7/18/2014Cincinnati, Oh has several choices when you want a fine piece of beef. A 4 star restaurant that calls itself a steakhouse, how can you go wrong? I ordered the filet mignon Oscar. The cut of beef was not as tender as it should be. Definitely needed a knife. And, remember I wanted a fine steak. I even sent first steak back with temperature complaint, to rare. I ordered medium rare, center was uncooked. Normally I would have eaten a fine cut that way. I sent it back hoping for a finer cut. There was a rock/jazz band scheduled to play til midnight, In The Slot never showed. The view was beautiful and the service is great. Finally, the food should be perfect to demand the price asked.
- Very impresseddaebryantDined on 7/12/2014We chose it for our wedding anniversary, and it was amazing. Our service was excellent, the food was perfect, the view was gorgeous! All around great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionFamilyManDined on 7/9/2014Food was top notch, server was very good. Paid a total just over a hundred bucks for two, admittedly I had the surf and turf and a couple Maker's Marks. The only thing that bears mentioning in my opinion is that in order to have the seating near the great view, you sacrifice space and privacy. Conversations could be overheard. Very open feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulDelightfulDined on 7/5/2014We wanted to see and hear the music, so we asked to be seated in the bar. We were not disappointed. The band and vocalist was not too loud, light jazz, and most enjoyable. Watching the boats on the river, then the sun go down and all the city lights come on was a treat only to be topped off by a nice fireworks display from the public landing. The food was as tasty as the presentation was enticing. The only problem we had was the waiter would disappear for long periods of time and be nowhere to be seen. Overall, it was a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014Perfect place for a date. Food was good but the view was superb.Special Features:
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014The food was absolutely amazing! Definitely plan on going back!Special Features:
- marriedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014My wife and I decided to elope and spend a couple days in Cincinnati. We picked celestial for our first married dinner. We couldn't have asked for better service, food, or ambience. It was the perfect start to a perfect weekendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticCincySteakSnobDined on 7/3/2014My wife and I have been going to the Celestial for our birthday for years now. The filet is by far the best in Cincinnati. We've been to 3 Ruby's restaurants, embers and the new Ruth's Chris. The view, food and service are all tops. Highly recommend the celestial Oscar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great viewKsviDined on 6/29/2014Other than the great view... the food is nothing special. Additionally...the fruit flies were awful. We had to keep them off our wine glasses and food. The place was dead! We were the only people in the entire restaurant. The bar only knew how to make basic drinks.Special Features:
- L/D/TOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014We thoroughly enjoyed celebrating our anniversary at the Celestial Steakhouse. The food was magnificent and the view is second to none. Our server took care of all of our needs. We had a great dinner and would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Evening with a ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014The Celestial has been a wonderful experience each time I have visited the restaurant. My girlfriend and I enjoy sitting by the window overlooking the river, the view compliments the meal and in the early evening is breath taking. Our food was cooked perfectly and the staff was very accomadating to our gluten free requests. Our waiter was attentive and very helpful with any necessary substitutions to accomadate our allergies and was very knowledgable about the wine list. It was a relaxing evening and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone wishing to spoil themselves with an amazing meal.Special Features:
- Food excellent...Decor not so muchWineloverDined on 6/17/2014The filet was excellent as were the mashed potatoes. Brussel sprouts were sub par. The chairs were extremely uncomfortable! If you sat back, you slid down into the hole in the middle, so we had to sit on the edges of the chair. There was a leak in the woman's bathroom ceiling that was being caught by a tin similar to those that Chipotle uses. That was a huge turn off!!! On a positive note, their wines by the glass were reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view not the food2783Dined on 6/17/2014salad was a bagged salad and wilting for 8.00?? mushrooms excellent. airplane chicken was dry and hard. did not eat either one. waiter did not offer a credit or something else. would we come back????Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/15/2014Oysters Rockefeller not fully baked. Steak was over-cooked. Service was very good.
- goodeatsDined on 6/8/2014We have chosen this restaurant for special occasions before. It ranks right up there with other top end Cincinnati restaurants with the advantage of the great Cincinnati view from Mt. Adams. We were there on a Sunday evening for an anniversary dinner Veal chop and fillet with bearnaise sauce were excellent. We have also eaten there with other family members where we were accommodated in their group dining nook, an experience that is still memorable as a special family event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.