The Celestial Steakhouse
1071 Celestial Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
The Celestial Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://thecelestial.com/
- Phone: 5132414455
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4;00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live music every Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
A word from The Celestial Steakhouse
Four star, Four diamond dinning with a stellar view of the city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
The Celestial Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
The Celestial Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (100)special occasion (84)romantic (80)notable wine list (26)neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (11)late-night find (10)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great Visit with a Great ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We had a great dinner out at the Celestial to celebrate an anniversary. Our steaks were cooked perfectly & were very tasty. The view from our table of the city was terrific as well. Service was good also. We hadn't been here in years but will definitely be back after this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, food....ehOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014Service was good, could have been faster when taking drink and food orders. When asking for how to have your steak cooked, i ordered mine medium and it came out medium rare and my husband ordered medium well and came out medium, so order it overcooked. view was very nice and the bar was excellent. We would go back.Special Features:
- Lacking where it matters.bjlowryVIPDined on 10/24/2014The service was very friendly, prompt, and the food was perfectly timed. I could see how people feels this place needs to be updated, but we liked the old school feel of it. The view is absolutely amazing and definitely improves the experience. The biggest issue laid with the food. I got the bone-in ribeye and it was fantastic. Easily one of the top 5 steaks I've had. It's not Ruby's, but nothing is so stop comparing stuff to it. My fiance was less impressed with her selections. The oysters were not cold enough and lacked flavor. The steak tartare was mediocre and wasn't flavorful. However, the beet & arugula salad was quite delicious. With some work this could be an amazing Cincinnati gem.Special Features:
- BeachBumDined on 10/24/2014We arrived as the sun was setting, so we got to see the city, river front come alive and the eve turned into night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celestial -- Good But Not GreatCDeuce1408Dined on 10/18/2014Cincinnati is now a city with a wealth of steak houses to choose from. I'd heard a lot about the Celestial but had never been. The view is everything people say it is -- gorgeous look at the downtown Cincinnati area including great views of Northern Kentucky. The food and service were good but a step below the best the city has to offer, especially for the price. The atmosphere was very old world and somewhat "stuffy" without as much character as the Precinct or Carlo & Johnny's, but the restaurant is very clean and nice. It is worth going to for the view, especially if a special occasion or if you want a great view of the city, and you will eat well. Just know that you could be eating much better, especially for a steak house.Special Features:
- pleasantly surprisedMarkVegas65VIPDined on 10/15/2014Seated immediately. Jason was our server and did an outstanding job. Very attentive the timing was exceptional for all food items. The steaks were cooked to perfection and the sea scallops were perfect. 21st Anniversary dinner and it was top notch the entire evening. The complimentary desert was amazing. Definitely would recommend this place for a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carnivore Meets VegetarianvegetarianmeetscarnivoreVIPDined on 10/4/2014Delicious food + great service + an amazing view = a perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodmemsDined on 10/4/2014Our server, Barry, was excellent - efficient, personable and knowledgeable. Dessert selection seems a little blase, run-of-the-mill - need more creative pizazzSpecial Features:
- Great restaurant! Could fix someJoesoccer09Dined on 10/3/2014Great food, great waiter, and a beautiful view of the Cinci skyline! Perfect for a one year anniversary. Only complaint would be that the place is in need of some updating. Carpets are faded, same with the scenery in the restaurant. Restore the inside and I'll keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great first time visitbojanglesDined on 10/2/2014I would like to say from the time we walked in the door until the time we left the service was wonderful,also the view of the city amazing and the ambiance was so romantic. Awsome experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, romantic night.2kidsinloveDined on 10/1/2014Great experience for our anniversary. Great view, romantic music, and the steaks were wonderful. Our waiter took excellent care of us and our complimentary dessert was tasty. Would absolutely recommend this fir a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticMikevDined on 9/26/2014This place was great. Food was fantastic and the service was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic viewlovefinediningDined on 9/26/2014We had a window table an the view was fantastic. Food was excellent. Service was good but no comparison to Jeff Ruby restaurants. We have been spoiledSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary TraditionnkyfoodieDined on 9/23/2014My wife and I frequent The Celestial as an anniversary tradition. I recommend a seat at the window for an incredible view of the city. The filet was cooked to perfection. You must try to the lobster bisque. The risotto was cooked to perfection too. Our waiter, Barry, was outstanding and attentive to our special evening. We are looking forward to our next visit in the lounge this winter. The view of the city from the lounge when the snow is falling is absolutely beautiful.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner. ..bdaydebDined on 9/22/2014My girlfriend wanted to come to the celestial for her birthday. It now will be her annual spot. So we now have two of best views in the city for our birthday spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice but misses the markOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Food was good. View of city spectacular. But for the amount spent left a bit hungry. Bread served was nothing special and no salad offerings with the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerDonnaDined on 9/15/2014My husband and I went to the Celestial for our anniversary and it can only be described as perfect. The atmosphere, food, and service were impeccable. We couldn't have picked a better restaurant to celebrate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay not greatFilmoreDined on 9/13/2014Unfortunately the service was spotty at best. Some of our food was outstanding and some mediocre. Definitely not what we expected considering we have had great dining experiences here before. It has been awhile since our last visit but for the price it should have all been excellent. There are too many other places to eat to bother with this again although they have one of if not the best view in town.Special Features:
- Good food terrible serviceCincyFoodDined on 9/13/2014On a good note the food was delicious and reasonably priced but the service was terrible. We went there directly after my proposing so needless to say this was supposed to be a special dinner. They sat us at 8:30 for an 8:00 reservation when plenty of tables were open. Requested a table w a view two months advanced and sat in the back with a view of a wall. It was another 15 minutes to get ice water, a wine list and menus. We ordered the brie, which sold out, then the mussels, which we found out 10 minutes later that they were out of too. We recieved no appologies or compensation for their shortcomings. We got the scalops filets and the gold potatos. The food was excelent and may almost be worth the garbage service to taste again.Special Features:
- Great food and viewjlncz2422Dined on 9/13/2014We went here for my parent's wedding anniversary. I was a little disappointed with the service. We were seated and had to wait about 5 minutes for the waiter to bring over menus. He took our drink orders and returned with them, but didn't ask if we were ready to order. Someone else was walking around with bread, but completely skipped over our table. Once the waiter took our food order, the food arrived in a timely manner and was very good. The waiter did bring out a slice of cake for the occasion, but I probably would not have paid $8 as it was listed on the menu. If you are looking for a place to sit and enjoy a meal with a great view of the city this would be it, but don't expect to be in and out in an hour or less.Special Features:
- MissB1Dined on 9/12/2014This visit was my first and it was for my 40th birthday celebration with my girlfriends. We had a fabulous time. Our server Bisert was awesome and the food was wonderful. I had a great time and the view was beautiful. I ask for a table with a view if possible and I got everything I ask for. I will definetly visit again, as well as recommend. I am a very picky person when it comes to food and my steak was cooked perfectly and my sides were very good. Thank you so much for making my milestone birthday wonderful.Special Features:
- BobbieDined on 9/11/2014Everything we expected and then some. Waiter, Visa, was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- infrequent dinerdisappointedDined on 9/6/2014overall "spotty"... greeted with expected class...very nice able and view ... no bread served ...then served with no butter...muscles app was slightly warm...expected better choice of oysters then only blue points hinted at "east / west coast" selection" on the menu... entree choices a little uninspiring (where was the braised short ribs?...the veal chop? ...had 2 steaks which were very good and prepared well....ambiance food always excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place but dated musicdaledinesDined on 8/28/2014Very good food, elegant place and first class service. Fantastic views. The only drawback was the music, which seemed to be dated 60s-70s background music from a bad movie, but the volume is low and it's not offensive. Classical or something more current would fit better for this high-end establishment. Overall a very nice place, warm people and a memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dated decorOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014This is your father's fine dining. Overheard the manager say it was last remolded in 1973 and it shows. The railing above our table was cracked and the repair unpainted and the glazing bead on the large window to my right was hanging down about 10 inches. The food was terriffic and the service very good. An enjoyable celebration of our 40th anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,great view!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014We were seated at Table 1 which had an incredible view of downtown Cincinnati and the Kentucky riverfront. My ribeye steak was probably one of the best I have ever enjoyed in Cincinnati. Great happy hour wine prices. We'll be back for more!Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationIslandgirl32Dined on 8/24/2014The food was excellent and the service was very good.To bad the waiter was doing duties of server, bus boy and bar tender! Views were lovely, music was just loud enough to hear and enjoyable. Luckily our waiter explained the staffing problem and was very genuine. Steaks were superb! Would definitely recommend to anyone that wants a nice evening and meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okcraftDined on 8/24/2014I didn't find the food or service to be any better than a chain restaurant, expectations didn't match realitySpecial Features:
- Beautiful View, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Had a great experience dining here. Good was delicious, waiter was very friendly and professional. I would recommend it for the view alone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT STEAKS!!Foodguy87Dined on 8/22/2014My wife and I have dined at the Celestial three or four times and have always been impressed with the service the food and the great view of Cincinnati's skyline. The steaks are always cooked to perfection. They also have an extensive wine list suiting all tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT!CurtisgableDined on 8/22/2014Food and service were great! The restaurant has amazing views and the table we sat at was right in front of a window as requested. Although, the window was dirty and the tables were very tight and close together (also, a little too quiet for my taste until the band started playing in the bar and some of the music traveled into our dining room) BUT once we were seated we had a great time. Excellent food and service and I will be back!Special Features:
- Good but not very good.LuiseVIPDined on 8/22/2014We started with brie which was good but the bread was way too hard. The regular bread was very good. The pork chop was overly seasoned, almost blackened but the menu didn't say that. Chicken breast okay. Service very good.Special Features:
- ladyDined on 8/20/2014Our waiter was Victor. He was wonderful. Attentive. Food was great.Special Features:
- Disappointing for a 4 star steakhseDaveVIPDined on 8/19/2014We went to celebrate a birthday at a highly recognized 4 star steakhouse. I was disappointed first in the service, which did not get better. By the time our server came back to check on us, it was to late to order another drink. We told him that the steak although tasty was overcooked to well done not the medium it was ordered as. Having been to many great Ruby steakhouses, I would not go back to this place again. I guess seeing how sparsely populated it was should have been a hint.
- Saturdays dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014We were out for our wedding anniversary and we had our sons with us. They are 11 and 9, but they are good in these situations. Our waiter was fantastic with the boys. The food was excellent as well as the view. The live music was also nice and a hit with the kids. We will be back.Special Features:
- A ClassicGeronimoDined on 8/15/2014You really don't go to Celestial for the food.... though the food is not "bad." You go for the atmosphere and the view. This is truly a Cincinnati Classic.... nice setting, nice service, nice food... and a fabulous view. Music in the lounge is great. If you are looking for a quiet, romantic evening (when food is not the focus), Celestial is hard to beat. But that is just my opinion....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014We had a wonderful evening celebrating our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The server was professional and nice. We could not have asked for a better experience. This was our first time at Celestial and we look forward to having another delicious dinner there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014Great service. Dated decor. Too tightly packed for such a big space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our AnniversaryHerbieDined on 8/10/2014We had a nice table facing the view of the city it was very romantic and the service was five star Our complements to the chef our food was sublime. We will recommend to our friends to enjoy the wonderful time we had experiencing the Celestial Steakhouse.Special Features: