The Caucus Room Brasserie
2350 M St. NW
Washington, DC 20037Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Caucus Room Brasserie
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://crbrasserie.com/
- Phone: (202) 861-3450x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:45am:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday- Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm CLOSE Sunday DINNER
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please contact Cristina Cravedi at 202.393.3223 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A word from The Caucus Room Brasserie
Our American interpretation of a French brasserie captures the perfect mix of modern elegance and casual warmth.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Caucus Room Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (3)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (1)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Not a Brunch Place :(OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/4/2014Would not reccomend for brunch. I have been to the place before as we live in the neighborhood. It's always quite and has a very nice ambiance. The brunch menu is very plain and the service needs major improvement/training. I had eggs with toast and the server never asked what kind of bread I'd prefer, never offered any juice, and not asked us if we would be interested in the desert menu. The place has a nice selection of teas which is not on the brunch menu. I had to ask multiple times for water as nobody was checking on us. For the $ spent, Ris is an excellent place for brunch and has excellent service!
- Don't overlook hotel restaurantairishVIPDined on 9/5/2014Caucus Room has an interesting menu and the service was quite good. Well worth going to even if you aren't staying at the Westin.
- The following 35 reviews are from the The Caucus Room Brasserie reviews archive.
- Nice place with great courtyard.DaveDined on 6/6/2014Ate in the courtyard. Nice ambiance. Good food and friendly server.Special Features:
- only if you are stuck at the hotelAykutDined on 5/11/2014Very poor and unprofessional service. Staff was rude and unfriendly from the moment we walked in. I receive a pot of tea but did not get a cup to drink it. Then there was no spoon to mix it. I had to ask for each separately. By the time all was there, my food was getting cold. I received a phone call at 8:30 am on Sunday morning. Somehow they needed to have a reconfirmation of my reservation. Food was good but not exceptional to cover the service gap.Special Features:
- Top Brunch???jrayDined on 5/4/2014We had a reservation for 11:15 and were told when we arrived the Breakfast menu would end at 11:30 and we could order from that or we could order from a different lunch/brunch menu for the other Latin restaurant opening at 12. Two different restaurants at same site with different cooking crews. We had checked the reviews of top brunch venues and this one was highly rated; however, the breakfast Caucus Room menu was fairly ordinary and the other restaurant was primarily Latin American dishes. We ended up sitting outside so it didn't make much difference. Food was good but not extraordinary and few people were there on a Sunday at 12. Given the write-ups on the brunch, it was a little disappointing. Outside sunny and lovelySpecial Features:
- The food was good, but notJeff1Dined on 4/12/2014The food was good, but not memorable. The room is pretty and, since it was nearly empty, it was very quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not available at 11:30BeckyDined on 3/30/2014We arrived at 11:30 for our reservation, and were told the Caucus Room closed at 11, so they put us in their Latin-American themed restaurant, which served minimal brunch food. Big disappointment. We left soon after.
- Not a steakhouseBigEVIPDined on 2/20/2014The service was very good and the food was fine enough,... but it has no similarity to the original Caucus Room. It is simply a hotel restaurant. Great if your staying there from out of town or in for a conference,.. but many other better DC choices. I think if they continue to make it a 1000point restaurant it will draw more people. Great space and fantastic courtyard for the spring and summer.
- Overpriced and underwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Late reservation for 2 (sat 9:45 on Friday). Dining room much smaller than portrayed online; felt more like a hotel bar than a high-line restaurant. Server generally inattentive throughout the evening--started off well, but nowhere to be found later in the meal. Another server even had to clear our plates and deliver our check, and I had to box my own leftovers. Overall, for $250, a highly-rated steakhouse chain or other restaurants in the area would have provided much better quality. Early courses were very good, but my wife's lobster tails were overcooked and difficult to remove from the shell. The cheesecake was decent, but very cold in the middle, indicating probably frozen at some point. Steak was tough, unremarkable for a ribeye.Special Features:
- Service was awful. It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Service was awful. It was poorly ran. The food is amazing. For Valentine's Day, it was crazy to not have better service.
- lunch treatSFmeVIPDined on 1/8/2014best mushroom soup I have ever had, and the salmon and avocado sandwich and blue burgers were perfectly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yawn....DCLocalVIPDined on 1/3/2014Un-offensive. Un-imaginative. Un-inspired. They neither wow nor offend. No reason to ever eat here twice. Actually, no reason to eat here once unless you're a hotel guest who doesn't want to leave the property. There is nothing good to say about this place nor anything bad, which in my view makes it the worst kind of restaurant. Boring. Oh and if you want bread, be sure to ask. They don't serve it nor mention it. Plus what "french" restaurant offers cheesecake, sorbet and rice pudding for dessert offerings? I could go on, but if you haven't heeded my warning by now, you can add to the list after you've dined here.
- Lunch in a pinchMRC1285VIPDined on 12/9/2013Had lunch here yesterday with some colleagues for the first time. The restaurant is beautiful on the inside courtyard of the Westin and the staff friendly and attentive. I found the menu a bit limited for lunch (not nearly as exciting and extensive as Blue Duck Tavern across the street) so I ordered an Onion Soup and Spinach Salad with Salmon. The Onion soup was a bit too cheesy but was nice and hot. The Salmon was slightly and dry but the spinach fresh and delicious. I think I'll be back for a second try since the staff was great and because the dinner menu looks more extensive.Special Features:
- I came with a group and wasMaggieDined on 12/6/2013I came with a group and was worried about being too much of a disturbance, but there weren't that many people in the restaurant, and we had a lovely time. While the food was wonderful, the service was a bit slow (though we may have slowed things up by sending the waitress away the first couple times since we were not quite ready yet). The short rib was great, as were the brussels sprouts. Lots to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was outstanding andFoodieDined on 11/5/2013The food was outstanding and the service was even better!! I would definitely recommend eating here. The brownie is mandatory!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No one seemed enthusiasticOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/4/2013No one seemed enthusiastic to wait on us. We had breakfast and the food was good but we had to wait for cream for the coffee and no one was very attentive from the moment we walked through the door.
- Slow moving vibe and serviceDiningNDCDined on 10/5/2013Hard to reach the restaurant via phone. Often waited on hold or call got dropped Slow and understaffed wait staff My wife ordered an Absolut & Tonic. It came with a yellow lime and We asked for another line and the staff was put off we asked for more. We paid for our drinks and left for another restaurant.
- Great food!CateringownerDined on 9/7/2013We arrived 1/2 hour late on a Saturday evening and was expected to be greeted disapprovingly by the hostess. I was afraid we may have lost our reservation which was not case because the restaurant was completely empty with the exception of two couples sitting out on the patio. We were told we can sit wherever we like so we choose to sit out side for cocktails and come inside and sit at a huge booth for dinner.. After going inside for dinner we ordered the pork belly and the mussels for starters and both were very appetizing. Dinner on the other had was amazing 20 ribeye (a little over cooked for medium rare) and the scallops were devine. I would return and send friends as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only the name's the sameFormerFedVIPDined on 9/3/2013My girlfriend and I liked the Caucus Room when it was located across from the FBI headquarters and finally got around to trying it at its new location in the Westin Hotel at 24th & M Sts NW. We found it empty when we arrived at 6 PM on a Tuesday evening and soon discovered why. Nothing bad, but nothing good enough to justify the high prices. We tipped the friendly waiter well, since he wasn't to blame for the shortcomings of the kitchen and bar (appetizer with pork belly not escargot, undercooked black-eyed peas, white rather than amber tequila for her afterdinner drink). Too bad. The location is beautiful.
- We went there for restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/19/2013We went there for restaurant week. The ambiance is very nice and the service was good except the desert we chose was so bad we could not eat it. We told the waitress who thanked us for the feedback but did not offer us anything else to replace it.
- Not for Memorial DayKarenRVIPDined on 5/27/2013It was Memorial Day and this came up as one of the places open. The bar was however closed. They have a beautiful courtyard with fountain but are not using it to the best of its ability. The food was fair but overpriced. The crab cake was poor-looking flat. We made the best of it.Special Features:
- Closed for private partyNYfoodieDined on 5/9/2013We were not notified the restaurant was closed for a private party, although we had a reservation. The waiters still accommodated us, but we were definitely an after thought. The private party was loud, filled with cigar smoke and was clearly the priority. The spinach was overcooked and the steak was loaded with an unnecessary sauce. The nutella crepes were the highlight of the meal and were very well done.
- Don't bother with breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/6/2013Oatmeal and english muffins are better at McDonalds. Had to ask for milk as well as butter and jam.
- Kind staff, not so special placenyceuroguyVIPDined on 3/31/2013This restaurant is located under the W hotel on M street. It is nice clean but you won't find a lot of choices here. Also, the food is really mediocre and not special. It is ok but if you are visiting I suggest you go to a better place with character. The staff is very kind though.
- Over seasoned steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/29/2013Steak was overdone and over seasoned, which makes to believ that the meat cut was not the best. You would think it will be the best for the price you pay! Gnocchi was not impressive either. Friday night was not busy at all, which was good for us to have a conversation but it might not be a good sign for the quality. Overall it's worth a visit and maybe we will try something else on the menu.
- Acceptable for a hotel restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 3/16/2013Acceptable for a hotel restaurant, but certainly not a destination restaurant.
- The food was much better thanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/23/2013The food was much better than I expected, but the place was empty on a Saturday night when every other nice restaurant in the area was packed.
- Brunch menu is unsatisfying.LassDined on 2/18/2013Brunch menu is unsatisfying. There is no French toast but rather French toast cereal. I ordered an omelette after staring at the menu and not wanting anything. The omelette was barely ok. For a restaurant in the Westin, I expected more. The service was strange as well. I had to ask for refills, they never asked how the food was, didn't provide butter for the toast. the prices are way too high for this type of food and service.
- The restaurant is beautifullyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013The restaurant is beautifully designed and the carpet makes it an excellent choice for a quiet evening. But the food is only fair. The wait staff needs to be trained. They were unable to answer the most basic questions about the menu choices. We hope the owners don't depend on hotel guests and the Caucus Room name to carry the day. It requires more to compete with others good restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Very relaxing atmospherequigley111VIPDined on 2/12/2013We had a very nice dining experience. We were guests at the Westin so it was very convenient. Great service.Special Features:
- The food was decent but IChrizVIPDined on 2/9/2013The food was decent but I would not go back. During restaurant week they only offered the price fixes menu which was disappointing. The dessert was fabulous!Special Features:
- lunched there on a weekend. excellnixiedcVIPDined on 2/9/2013lunched there on a weekend. excellent food, but I was the only patron for about half an hour. Great onion soup, shrimp perfectly grilled in a well seasoned salad, excellent cheesecake. Beautiful space. Can't wait for summer outdoor seating.Special Features:
- We went to The Caucaus RoomOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/7/2013We went to The Caucaus Room for the restaurant week. The restaurant week menu was OK. The desert option was limited to two only and when we asked to order another desert from the regular menu, we were told that it was not possible as the kitchen pre-plated only for the restaurant week menu. It's rather strange as restaurants usually offer an option for regular menu even during the restaurant week. Both deserts were a total miss. The service was very slow. The coffee machine at the bar kept beeping, which was very annoying. It seems that the staff did not know how to handle the machine. When the server brought our wines, he mixed them up (good that we know what we order!).
- Service was slow and my steakKKHfoodloverDined on 2/6/2013Service was slow and my steak was over cooked. Nothing really impressive.
- The appetizer and main courseOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/6/2013The appetizer and main course were delicious, but desserts were uninspiring. Service was also lackluster since they seem understaffed.
- We had a wonderful birthdayStaceyDined on 1/27/2013We had a wonderful birthday dinner at the Caucus Room. It was a quite Sunday night and we enjoyed such a great meal of oysters, steaks and mussels! The ambiance is beautiful here. Service was a bit slow to start, but it picked up as the meal went on. Would highly recommend to both DC residents and visitors.Special Features:
- The Menu didn't match thatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/20/2013The Menu didn't match that posted online, with fewer options available. this isnt the quality of the Caucus Room and there are definitely better options in the area. The salad was unimaginative, the mussels lacked flavor, the frites overcooked, and the steak was fair. Can't recommend this one.