2100 E. Katella Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92806Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.catchanaheim.com/
- Phone: (714) 935-0101
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm -10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Nelson Barillas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Legends room accented with Mahogany wainscoting complete with its own bar from the original Catch seats up to 80 guests comfortably. This room is comfortable for business meetings, rehearsal dinners & all those special occasions in between.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Burney 714-935-0181
A word from The Catch
New location of the legendary Anaheim landmark specializing in fresh seafood, 28 day aged steaks, select tableside preparations, and a lounge designed to be the new home for Angels, Ducks, and concert fans serving 20 craft beers on tap and several gourmet, staff created burgers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Catch reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (29)great for outdoor dining (26)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (23)romantic (17)great for lunch (16)neighborhood gem (16)notable wine list (12)late-night find (9)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Always love The CatchSoCalNativeVIPDined on 11/20/2014I would recommend everyone try the calimari fritti and the Lobster Bisque. Outrageously GOOD!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Off Night?FabulousFoodFanDined on 11/20/2014Early reservation for dinner for two before the show at The Grove next door. We allowed two hours. Plenty of tables but we were seated in a corner facing a blank wall. Should have requested a table in any other area! They have many fun views, but just went with the flow- just disappointed that we had early reservation and the worst table is what we were given. It took 10 minutes before seeing our waitress, then 55 minutes more before getting our food, and seeing our waitress only once during that time. They were not serving two items that we tried to order because they "planned to be busy" so they weren't available that night. French Onion Soup ... really? Asked an employee walking by for bread/rolls while we waited so long, and bread was subsequently "rationed" with a delivery a few minutes later of one piece from a large basket. It wasn't just getting one roll that was the problem, it was having to ask instead of it being offered, then waiting again, then this whole involved process to deliver a single roll to each of us! Almost felt embarrassed to ask for it! Steak was not Meduim, but way towards rare, fiancé's fish was good. Au Gratin potatoes were great. Chowder very good. Will maybe go back because it is convenient, but for the price, service was not good this time-- kitchen seemed not in sync, there was an obvious business traveler and show/event crowd that they should be used to after all these years. Seemed that many food deliveries and water refills were made by non-wait staff, not in uniform, as if they were short-handed. That gave the atmosphere an uneasy feeling, instead of a lively feeling. Just an off night?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changed, not for the betterannnnnnnnnnnnnnDined on 11/17/2014I was unimpressed... it is not the restaurant it used to be... and I was sorry I went.
- Great ambiance okay foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2014The ambiance is great and the service was wonderful. Everyone's food was okay. We had the rib eye (which was good but not a $40 steak!) the pork shank (which was good) the swordfish (which was dry and their udon noodles served with it were not cooked right and were stuck together and dry, but the sauce was good) scallops (which were excellent) and the creme brûlée (best I have had in a long time!!)Special Features:
- great eveningsixtoDined on 11/8/2014give a warm compliment to Joanna @ the katella in Anaheim #104 she made our evening very enjoyable and easy. food was great and hopefully we go there again thanks again joannaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2014Fabulous food and service. We love the Catch and always look forward to being there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food - MehCarlDined on 11/5/2014I had the cod sandwich special. Not a fan. Kinda tastelessSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable timetmelinaDined on 10/28/2014This was a great option. It was a short distance from the convention center, but an excellent option. The food was fresh and had wonderful garnishments and flavor. The portion was large, almost too large.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014It was a nice dining experience, the food was good and the service was exceptional. It was frustrating that both the salad and meal that I wanted to order was not available because they were busy but the alternative was still good. It is a nice restaurant experience prior to an event at the Grove.
- Glad we found this placeenjoydiningDined on 10/24/2014My husband and I went for the first time for our anniversary and we were pleasantly surprised. It is the type of restaurant we enjoy, very nice ambiance, delicious food (very healthy portions, I'm glad we shared and we still didn't finish our meal). The service was great. Overall a very pleasant experience. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MisterJim1Dined on 10/22/2014The service was great. Wait person was attentive and helped in selections. Food was great, as always, and promptSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud but Good!SoCalNativeVIPDined on 10/19/2014We had to be moved from our first table because there was a party from NY that was so loud the waitress couldn't hear us to take our order. When we got to the new booth we had a wonderful dinner. Highly recommend Calamari Fritti and Lobster Bisque. Could have had those for Dinner!Special Features:
- Great local restaurantChrisH3040VIPDined on 10/7/2014We usually go to this restaurant prior to concerts. On this night, before Tom Petty, it didn't seem any busier than other concert nights. Despite being asked in our reservation and in the pre reservation call if we were going to the concert, it didn't seem to make any difference in the service. Although our server was very friendly, wait times for drinks, meals, refills, eat seemed to be especially long this particular night. The steaks, chops and fish were the usual high standard and the martini options were vast, including some special Tom Petty themed martini and shot. Still our go to for this area.Special Features:
- jasonDined on 10/3/2014best for pre and post game. Crazy but fabulous funSpecial Features:
- New location, tradition continuesJordanDined on 10/2/2014I enjoyed as much as the old days. By the time we arrived, crowd has already gone to see Angel's divisional playoff, so we had a nice relaxing meal. Seafood continues to be excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnspectacularOCRestaurantGuruVIPDined on 9/28/2014We went to The Catch before attending a concert across the street. The staff seemed unprepared and disorganized for the moderate sized crowd. Their prices were amazingly high for what they provide. About $40 for a nicely prepared Sea Bass (their so called signature dish). It was fine but not OMG, $40 worth. Their prices equal that of a Mastros or Morton's but the quality and atmosphere doesn't even come close. The service was underwhelming and while the food wasn't objectionable, it wasn't worth the price. If you are seeing a show at The Grove in Anaheim, there are much better choices nearby.
- DisappointingPattylDined on 9/26/2014We were there before a show and the restaurant was completely unprepared for the crowd they would obviously be getting and they didn't even care. Our waitress was invisible. We actually went to the beat and for drinks in 5 minutes but waited 25 for the ones we ordered. Poorly run & managed
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014food was cold-felt sorry for server due to kitchen & bar issues-drinks took forever-never go back
- Had a Great Time!PeripateticPhoodieDined on 9/26/2014Celebrated a retirement with a luncheon for a small group of 5. I enjoy the ambiance of this restaurant - open, airy, with lots of windows. The service overall was very good - just took a bit longer to get the check. The food is delicious! We started with the calamari Provençale as a change from traditional fried. It was surprisingly tasty! The sauce was deep and rich with lots of flavors (garlic, onion, Worcestershire) - I recommend it. The meal portions were generous. I had the Veracruz salad - 6 good sized shrimp topping a chopped salad with a balanced amount of vegetable. We shared the Bananas Foster for dessert - prepared table side (it's always a good show) - it was sinfully decadent. This is my third visit and not my last.Special Features:
- luvgfdDined on 9/24/2014really liked the tuna salad, service was fast, a all around good experienceSpecial Features:
- Marvelous experienceladyirisDined on 9/23/2014My self and my 3 guest really enjoy the outdoor dining and the food was fantastic. Service personnel was the best, As soon as we arrived they were ready to seat us (it really pays to make your reservations), we got our beverages quickly and they gave us plenty of time to review the menu. After taking our order the waitress refilled our beverages without having to ask and that continued though out the meal. We were not rushed and because it was after the lunch rush we were able to talk and catch up on family. I would not hesitate going they again and again. Would recommend “The Catch” to friends and family for a great place to eat. Would be a great place for a couple to celebrate a birthday, anniversary or just a night out.Special Features:
- Good food, not as good on game dayOCfoodieDined on 9/16/2014This was my third or fourth visit to The Catch in its new location. It's a favorite when going to a game or concert at the nearby Honda Center. Unfortunately on this particular day, there was also an Angels game, and The Catch is right next to Angels Stadium. Very convenient if you're going to the game, but on game days they don't serve some items they say take longer (Fish & Chips?). They also don't serve the sampler sizes of beer from their pretty decent tap selection, which I don't understand. Other than that, food was good as always. I had an excellent Salmon, and the others in our party were quite pleased with their food as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceErikaDined on 9/16/201420 minutes to get the check I don't know if will be back at the restaurant but service was really slow...Special Features:
- Great Foodjlm63Dined on 9/13/2014Had a wonderful meal and a great view of the ballpark. The service was a little slow but luckily we were in no hurry.Special Features:
- aniversarydinnerDined on 9/13/2014Had a wonderful experience at the Catch, waiter very knowledgeable about the menu, the food was delicious, great presentationSpecial Features:
- The Catch is solidOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014The Catch remains a solid restaurant, but boy do I miss their old signature seafood salad, the Master Chef salad. To my mind, there's nothing that compares to it on the menu now. It's a bummer.Special Features:
- LuisaDined on 9/7/2014We were there with another couple celebrating our July anniversary's (as we do every year - but never at The Catch). I noted "special occasion" in the comment section when I placed the reservation. Being a Sunday eve and Angel's away; not crowded at all. We were seated in a booth around the corner and at the end, so there were no other tables filled around us and it was a very quiet atmosphere. The service was excellent and the food, wonderful. The 4 of us had a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Concert Winner!FabulousFoodFanDined on 9/4/2014We were there for dinner before our concert at The Grove. I hadn't been since the move to the new location. We had great service, it was fun to watch people out-and- about outside, great ambiance inside and it really seemed like there was a lot of fun activity in the bar. The decor is sleek, but warm. We tried three different entrees and a few appetizers. All yum, and with take-home portions! I will definitely go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable DinneroutandaboutVIPDined on 9/3/2014This was our first time dining here and we had a wonderful experience. The service was excellent and the food was very good. We started with the lobster bisque and french onion soup which were both very good. Next we had the 8oz sirlion oscar style and the crab was excellent. We also had the swordfish and it was very flavorful and I enjoyed the udon noodles with it. We were actaully too full for desert. I will say they have a good selection of craft beers for ylu to choose from. We enjoyed the wheat apricot and Irish red.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Food was outstanding as expected (this wasn't our first time)...as was our server Steve. We will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTbrittonDined on 8/29/2014Wife and I were disappointed. Over priced food and wine menu and only above average food preparation. Grilled artichoke appetizer had to be returned, it was soaking with oil and not eatable. Coconut Jumbo Shrimp appetizer was weak on the coconut part. Will find other fine dining restaurants in North Orange County. Still sad at the closing of Mr. Stox's.Special Features:
- Highly recommendericmagzDined on 8/21/2014An outstanding seafood restaurant right near the stadium. Food, service and scenery was wonderful. A+++Special Features:
- Great service, good foodEatingwell1Dined on 8/19/2014The service was tremendous, albeit it was a quiet evening for them - so plenty of wait staff were available. The food was good, although I thought it was a little high priced. The location is very convenient.Special Features:
- CarolGDined on 8/16/2014We dined for the first time at the Catch because we were going to a show at the Grove. Valet parking was a plus. We were seated right away and the fantastic service began. The menu has lots of choice. I had the Sea Bass, my husband the top sirloin steak. Both cooked to perfection. We also had the tableside Caesar Salad. It is worth going to this restaurant for.
- Excellentddp1Dined on 8/15/2014Great food, the surf & turf excellent, service friendly/funny/attentive. This restaurant is next door to the Grove of Anaheim so if you are going to a show this is a must. The bar area was fun and attentive service as well. If you like steak/fish in a up scale dark wood decor this place is what you are looking for. There is an outside dining and sitting area, too. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaDined on 8/13/2014We loved the atmosphere. The fish tacos were amazing! Everyone loved their food and everything came out perfect.The server Lisa was very friendly. I definitely will be coming back with friends.Special Features:
- UnforgettablequitecontentDined on 8/9/2014Found this gem online via TripAdvisor and it couldn't have been a better choice. The service and the impeccable food prepared by the Sous Chef was astonishing. We were there to have one special night since I was able to wisk her away from work. I wanted to make sure she had a night to remember and The Catch did just that. We were seated at the Owners table and given exceptional service with great recommendations by our server Hani. We were checked upon by the chef and the manager. The food was to die for. I had the sirloin with the Alaskan King Crabb and my fiancé had the Chilean Sea Bass with the Sea Scallops. We had the artichoke for our appetizer and the chef was kind enough to prepare us a special dessert. EpicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parMisterFoodVIPDined on 8/6/2014I was expecting much better food based on reviews and the prices but alas I was disappointed. The famous Caesar salad was good, not great and the kitchen made the fatal flaw of sending out the entrees while we were in the middle of our salad. Color me crazy but that is not something I can tolerate. The famous Sea Bass was tender, but laying on a bed of two different sauces, make up your mind what you want it to taste like. If your an Angels fan and don't mind dropping 50 bucks for mediocre food then this is the place for you. In LA County it's done differently.
- Great place all around!SunshineDined on 8/3/2014This was our first time going to the Catch and was very satisfied with it. The server was very nice and personable, and was able to sense our needs without being at our table all the time. Also, the rate at which the dishes were ready and served was perfect. We did not feel rushed eating or get the feeling that food was taking forever. My date and I ordered 1/2 and 1/2 of the oysters on special and they were DELICIOUS! Never having oysters before they went way beyond what I was expecting. I got the Swordfish which was delicious but the noodles were a little to saucy for me and my date got the Ahi Tuna which he greatly enjoyed. We also got their chocolate souffle which was delicious! Over all the oysters was my favorite dish that we had.Special Features:
- poor servicehutchVIPDined on 8/2/2014We have eatten @ the Catch for years - and food has alway been great. This night (no game - not crowed) we experienced the worse service - had to wait about 15 mins even to just get a glass of water - another 20 mins for drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.