2100 E. Katella Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92806Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.catchanaheim.com/
- Phone: 7149350101
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm -10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Nelson Barillas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Legends room accented with Mahogany wainscoting complete with its own bar from the original Catch seats up to 80 guests comfortably. This room is comfortable for business meetings, rehearsal dinners & all those special occasions in between.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Burney 714-935-0181
A word from The Catch
New location of the legendary Anaheim landmark specializing in fresh seafood, 28 day aged steaks, select tableside preparations, and a lounge designed to be the new home for Angels, Ducks, and concert fans serving 20 craft beers on tap and several gourmet, staff created burgers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Catch reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)vibrant bar scene (23)great for outdoor dining (19)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (18)romantic (16)hot spot (15)great for lunch (12)neighborhood gem (9)late-night find (8)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- ExcellentJerryVIPDined on 5/10/2014This is a great place for lunch or Dinner when attending either Angle Stadium or the Honda Center. Parking is easy. Service is "spot on".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return, return, returnEvilWomanDined on 5/5/2014We go here whenever we are in the area. Always great service, excellent wait staff and the food is always superb. Whether you eat in the dining room or the bar you will never be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moraga johnmoragajohnDined on 5/2/2014Food was great. The service a little sketchy.lots of staff but our waitress went on break and nobody remembered to pick up the slack but when the food came it was good. Really enjoyed being able to sit back with a cigar and cognac on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodManalapanVIPDined on 4/23/2014Great restaurant to bring a date or just to hang out with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealpocahontasDined on 4/21/2014We dined here with our friends and we were all very happy with our meal. We ordered a variety off the menu and all the meals were excellent. The service was also excellent.Special Features:
- Great find in Anaheim.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014The food and service was outstanding. Definitely deserves a 5 star. Was expecting more casual dining since it's right next to the Anaheim Stadium and The Grove. It wasn't stuffy and would be a place to take friends, family or have a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was great.KathyDined on 4/12/2014Food and service was great. Our server was female wish I wrote her name own. She made the dining experience very fun and she was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointed FoursomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2014Service was slow, server did not get to table for 10 minutes after seated. During dinner 3 times had to flag down the waiter to ask where our drinks were. Waiter started dinner order by informing us much of the Catch menu was unavailable. There were no Oysters, Swordfish, Fish and Chips, French Onion Soup, no menu specials, etc. Surprised so many items were missing. When food was received the Shrimps and Grits was not good, the 16 ounce bone in New York Steak was Sub Par. The Bread rolls were never served, we had to ask for rolls repeatedly, when they finally brought them they did not drop off a basket at the table they instead only gave a roll to those who asked for one and then left with the rest. It felt like the bread was being rationed
- Event NightsJackieVIPDined on 4/11/2014We made a reservation for dinner on Friday night not realizing that there were events going on at the local venues. We feel that the hostess taking our reservation should of told us that it was an event night, and the menu would be cut back. We were so disappointed that everything we go to the Catch to eat was not available. Tableside Caesar Salad-not available. French Onion Soup-not available. Fish&Chips-not available. Really disappointed. The manager was very nice, and offered us a gift card to come back. We will come back. The hostess needs to explain to people making reservations that it is a different menu on an event night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was fantastic!ChannelDined on 4/6/2014Drinks were stiff and tasty at the bar. My husband and I had dinner here before a show at The Grove across the street. Very convenient location. We shared an appetizer and entree. Our appetizer was the tuna tartare. Fresh ingredients, different flavor. My husband enjoyed, but I thought was just okay. We ordered the scallops and pork belly for our entree. The scallops were cooked very well but the entire dish was super salty! The colored carrots were the best part on the plate. Dessert was great, creme brûlée. Expensive restaurant for the food to be disappointing.Special Features:
- Great Food!BlueDined on 4/1/2014This restaurant has an incredible menu for both seafood and meat dishes. We had the beet salad and wedge to start and the salmon and scallops dishes for our entrées. The food was very good and beautifully presented. The waiter was well informed and very nice. The food arrived without any significant delay. The wine and cocktail menus were detailed and had a number of items that are not seen too often. Although attached to a sports bar, the seating area was quiet and conversation was easy. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a great meal.Special Features:
- We were a party of four stoppingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014We were a party of four stopping at the restaurant before the game. We usually just stop by and wait for a table outside for some fun. This time we decided to make a reservation. It was nice not having to find a table but it would have been nice to be able to order the tacos and some of the happy hour fun food.Special Features:
- Highlight of the business tripmpkingDined on 3/26/2014I had never really considered trying cioppino outside of San Francisco, but I did here, and it was outstanding. Everything was cooked perfectly. The rest of our party loved their meals, too. Catch's beer list is incredible and the wine drinkers were very pleased with their available selections. Parking (once you find it) is really convenient, too. Had no complaints about the pricing; very appropriate considering the portions. Should we ever return to Anaheim, we are determined to come back here. Only marks against it was service. It wasn't bad service, just seemed discombobulated even on a slow night. It seemed like a new staff member was coming to our table every 10 minutes. Maybe that's Catch's schtick, I don't know. Enjoyable nonethelessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great draft beer selection!BeerSnobDined on 3/22/2014Had dinner at The Catch with a business associate and the server was attentive, the food was good and the bonus was they had an excellent selection of draft IPA beers...it doesn't get any better than that!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticAllisonDined on 3/21/2014We are The Catch diners for many years. This is the first time I had been at the new venue and the food was just as wonderful as before. The Seabass signature dish was memorable and we will definately go back.Special Features:
- Excellent SeafoodWHarrisVIPDined on 3/18/2014Was in Orange County for less than 24 hrs and was referred by a friend. Food was excellent as were the vegetable side dishes. Fish was all excellent and uniquely prepared. Would go back next time I get back to the West Coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantShylaDined on 3/14/2014Nice beer selection. Food is awesome. My favorites are the short ribs and the drunken mahi mahi. Next time I want to try a burger and fries. They looked great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were seated in a boothKathyDined on 3/7/2014We were seated in a booth by the front check in desk. The glass partician was too short. People were placing their drinks on the ledge and several guest looked over the partician. It was extremely noisey and loud. Our server was awesome.Special Features:
- Always good----Use for specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/6/2014Always good----Use for special meetings and special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceFrankBeeswaxDined on 3/6/2014We Were over half hour late for our reservation on a busy night...restaurant was super accommodating and service was outstanding. Nice energy and ambiance, plus food was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience, as UsualOpenTableManVIPDined on 3/2/2014It's our regular routine - dinner after a Sunday Anaheim Ducks game. I wiah they would have specials for Sunday night, too. But, there are plenty of great items to order off the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea Bass SensationMidWestGirlDined on 3/1/2014The sea bass is a MUST have at The Catch. It is savory and melts it your mouth. You don't know Sea Bass until you have eaten it at The Catch in Anaheim. The service was pure perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and good foodhughrpDined on 2/27/2014The ambiance was a cross between upscale sports bar and fine dining. Excellent attentive service. Meal was very good.Special Features:
- Great food!YumyumDined on 2/27/2014The food was wonderful. Slightly loud in the restaurant but the food was so great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceShanaTDined on 2/27/2014We took our clients here for a lunch and had a great time. The food was fantastic and the servings leave you plenty to take home. The wedge salad at The Catch is the best wedge salad I've ever had. You must try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The CatchTurnerDined on 2/24/2014It's a very convenient location for our office, just a walk across the Angel Stadium parking lot. Food is great! Service is great! The perfect place to take a client/architect/subcontractor for a lunch meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisewittc1Dined on 2/22/2014Large group behind us, couldn't hear ourselves talk.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a Night to rememberlindaDined on 2/22/2014The food was good. Our waitress had the personality of a rock. It was not an evening to remember. We ordered a salad with blue cheese dressing and we got a salad with some sort of vinegar based thing. It was not good or even worse, not what we ordered. The rest of the food was good. Not worth the money. Won't go backSpecial Features:
- Great atmosphere; service just ok!!BS23Dined on 2/16/2014Food and ambience were good. Service is very, very slow. Not very attentive...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ExperienceUnhappydinerDined on 2/16/2014We had reservations for 4 at 5:45. Didn't get seated until 6:15. At 7:40 we gave up and left as we still had not received our food. After an hour and a half, it was pretty ridiculous. Wait staff was friendly and nice, but mixed up our drink order as well.
- Birthday CelebrationLaurieDined on 2/16/2014We are new to the area and I wanted to take my husband to a nice place for dinner. First time at The Catch, but choose it on a recommendation. I was pleasantly surprised with the outstanding food and service. My husband loved it! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not too bad, could be better.XYZPLDined on 2/15/2014Hard to find parking, the self parking gate was not working, so we ended up forced to park with valet, which is not too bad for $6. The food is good, but feels over priced. The signature sea bass was good, but not exceptional, especially considering the $39.99 price tag. Server was not friendly but not rude either... but it did made us feel that he did not really "care" about our table of 2. The floor manager was friendly, came to ask how we were doing and if he could help us make anything better. The one big issue we had was the bread... we did not get our bread till we FINISHED our dinner... The ambiance is good, but you can find a better place for what they are charging. Their sister restaurant Taps in Brea is excellent all around.
- Coming BackRoadDog13Dined on 2/14/2014We went for Valentines Day. They had a special menu which was pre-Fixed with an appetizer, entrée and desert for each guest. My Wife had the lightly Blackened Mahi Mahi, Lobster Bisque and Rasberry Drizzled cheesecake. I had the Fritale Sole Meniure, Kusshi Oysters on the half shell and Dessert Trio, (cheesecake, Chocalate and Crème Broulet. We shared all the dishes and they were all exceptional. We had a bottle of New Zealand, (Marlborough County) New Harbor Savignon Blanc which complemented the meal very well. Our Waitress was also exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodHBGalVIPDined on 2/13/2014Meals were excellent. Unfortunately, they were out of beets ( two of us ordered beet salad) and the beer that one of us wanted.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed!DateniteDined on 2/13/2014Very crowded, too loud for a week day , date night on feb 13th . Waiter emphasized too many times that their was shortage on glasses ..... Took my wife's water glass to refill with soft drink , never expected this from this caliber of a restaurant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food amazing, waitress not so muchRebeccaDined on 2/13/2014We had a frustrating time with our waitress, who wouldn't bring us tap water until the fourth time we requested it because she was trying to upsell us the sparkling. Brought the incorrect wine, meal, and dessert, and we had to flag down another waitress to assist us each time because she would disappear. That experience aside, the meal was one of the best I've had, and by far the best meal we had during our business trip in Anaheim. I highly recommend the au gratin potatoes! I was also thrilled that two out of three desserts offered were gluten free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceLP8214Dined on 2/12/2014I travel for a living and eat out a lot, both by myself and with groups. We had a group of 5 here. The service was the worst I can ever recall. I kept having to flag down a busboy to find our waiter. Never did get the wine list I asked for twice. Forgot an appetizer. Never refilled the water, etc.... Will NEVER go back
- I was impressed with the service,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/11/2014I was impressed with the service, food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great placeCFSavageDined on 2/11/2014Everything about The Catch was outstanding - highly recommend this to anyone - not cheap but a good valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We visit The Catch every yearOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/11/2014We visit The Catch every year and have a great meal but this year the wine list seemed very limited in the mid-range wines and the wine list was not very well laid out. Hopefully next year will bring a few better wine choices to accompany the great food.I would recommend this to a friend.