2100 E. Katella Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92806Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.catchanaheim.com/
- Phone: 7149350101
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm -10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Nelson Barillas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Legends room accented with Mahogany wainscoting complete with its own bar from the original Catch seats up to 80 guests comfortably. This room is comfortable for business meetings, rehearsal dinners & all those special occasions in between.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Burney 714-935-0181
A word from The Catch
New location of the legendary Anaheim landmark specializing in fresh seafood, 28 day aged steaks, select tableside preparations, and a lounge designed to be the new home for Angels, Ducks, and concert fans serving 20 craft beers on tap and several gourmet, staff created burgers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Catch reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)vibrant bar scene (25)great for outdoor dining (22)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (18)romantic (17)hot spot (16)great for lunch (15)neighborhood gem (11)notable wine list (10)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great Foodjlm63Dined on 9/13/2014Had a wonderful meal and a great view of the ballpark. The service was a little slow but luckily we were in no hurry.Special Features:
- aniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Had a wonderful experience at the Catch, waiter very knowledgeable about the menu, the food was delicious, great presentationSpecial Features:
- The Catch is solidOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014The Catch remains a solid restaurant, but boy do I miss their old signature seafood salad, the Master Chef salad. To my mind, there's nothing that compares to it on the menu now. It's a bummer.Special Features:
- LuisaDined on 9/7/2014We were there with another couple celebrating our July anniversary's (as we do every year - but never at The Catch). I noted "special occasion" in the comment section when I placed the reservation. Being a Sunday eve and Angel's away; not crowded at all. We were seated in a booth around the corner and at the end, so there were no other tables filled around us and it was a very quiet atmosphere. The service was excellent and the food, wonderful. The 4 of us had a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Concert Winner!FabulousFoodFanDined on 9/4/2014We were there for dinner before our concert at The Grove. I hadn't been since the move to the new location. We had great service, it was fun to watch people out-and- about outside, great ambiance inside and it really seemed like there was a lot of fun activity in the bar. The decor is sleek, but warm. We tried three different entrees and a few appetizers. All yum, and with take-home portions! I will definitely go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable DinneroutandaboutVIPDined on 9/3/2014This was our first time dining here and we had a wonderful experience. The service was excellent and the food was very good. We started with the lobster bisque and french onion soup which were both very good. Next we had the 8oz sirlion oscar style and the crab was excellent. We also had the swordfish and it was very flavorful and I enjoyed the udon noodles with it. We were actaully too full for desert. I will say they have a good selection of craft beers for ylu to choose from. We enjoyed the wheat apricot and Irish red.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Food was outstanding as expected (this wasn't our first time)...as was our server Steve. We will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTbrittonDined on 8/29/2014Wife and I were disappointed. Over priced food and wine menu and only above average food preparation. Grilled artichoke appetizer had to be returned, it was soaking with oil and not eatable. Coconut Jumbo Shrimp appetizer was weak on the coconut part. Will find other fine dining restaurants in North Orange County. Still sad at the closing of Mr. Stox's.Special Features:
- Highly recommendericmagzDined on 8/21/2014An outstanding seafood restaurant right near the stadium. Food, service and scenery was wonderful. A+++Special Features:
- Great service, good foodEatingwell1Dined on 8/19/2014The service was tremendous, albeit it was a quiet evening for them - so plenty of wait staff were available. The food was good, although I thought it was a little high priced. The location is very convenient.Special Features:
- CarolGDined on 8/16/2014We dined for the first time at the Catch because we were going to a show at the Grove. Valet parking was a plus. We were seated right away and the fantastic service began. The menu has lots of choice. I had the Sea Bass, my husband the top sirloin steak. Both cooked to perfection. We also had the tableside Caesar Salad. It is worth going to this restaurant for.
- Excellentddp1Dined on 8/15/2014Great food, the surf & turf excellent, service friendly/funny/attentive. This restaurant is next door to the Grove of Anaheim so if you are going to a show this is a must. The bar area was fun and attentive service as well. If you like steak/fish in a up scale dark wood decor this place is what you are looking for. There is an outside dining and sitting area, too. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaDined on 8/13/2014We loved the atmosphere. The fish tacos were amazing! Everyone loved their food and everything came out perfect.The server Lisa was very friendly. I definitely will be coming back with friends.Special Features:
- UnforgettablequitecontentDined on 8/9/2014Found this gem online via TripAdvisor and it couldn't have been a better choice. The service and the impeccable food prepared by the Sous Chef was astonishing. We were there to have one special night since I was able to wisk her away from work. I wanted to make sure she had a night to remember and The Catch did just that. We were seated at the Owners table and given exceptional service with great recommendations by our server Hani. We were checked upon by the chef and the manager. The food was to die for. I had the sirloin with the Alaskan King Crabb and my fiancé had the Chilean Sea Bass with the Sea Scallops. We had the artichoke for our appetizer and the chef was kind enough to prepare us a special dessert. EpicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parMisterFoodVIPDined on 8/6/2014I was expecting much better food based on reviews and the prices but alas I was disappointed. The famous Caesar salad was good, not great and the kitchen made the fatal flaw of sending out the entrees while we were in the middle of our salad. Color me crazy but that is not something I can tolerate. The famous Sea Bass was tender, but laying on a bed of two different sauces, make up your mind what you want it to taste like. If your an Angels fan and don't mind dropping 50 bucks for mediocre food then this is the place for you. In LA County it's done differently.
- Great place all around!SunshineDined on 8/3/2014This was our first time going to the Catch and was very satisfied with it. The server was very nice and personable, and was able to sense our needs without being at our table all the time. Also, the rate at which the dishes were ready and served was perfect. We did not feel rushed eating or get the feeling that food was taking forever. My date and I ordered 1/2 and 1/2 of the oysters on special and they were DELICIOUS! Never having oysters before they went way beyond what I was expecting. I got the Swordfish which was delicious but the noodles were a little to saucy for me and my date got the Ahi Tuna which he greatly enjoyed. We also got their chocolate souffle which was delicious! Over all the oysters was my favorite dish that we had.Special Features:
- poor servicehutchVIPDined on 8/2/2014We have eatten @ the Catch for years - and food has alway been great. This night (no game - not crowed) we experienced the worse service - had to wait about 15 mins even to just get a glass of water - another 20 mins for drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Questionable at best!!!!EatOut6NightsAWeekDined on 8/1/2014Would go meet folks for drinks as it is a great location. The food was terrible at best!!Special Features:
- Great meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014I had the lobster tail and it was cooked perfectly. I would highly recommend The Catch to my friends. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerHootDined on 7/22/2014Overall food good. Hair in my guests food so manager gave us half off that entree. Service was ok.Special Features:
- disappontedmr86VIPDined on 7/21/2014The menu is unimaginative and what we did order (wedge salad, Sashimi) was almost inedible. The wine list offered no half bottles and a poor selection by the glass.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsFreddyLoveDined on 7/21/2014Wonderful service and great food. I was pleasantly surprised with the chicken salad sandwich at lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/7/2014Here on vacation from London and decided to eat at 'The Catch' after reading good reviews. We were not disappointed as the food was seriously good. As a treat our teenage children had the lobster and crab dishes and although they were quite pricey the quality of these dishes was outstanding. I had a very nice sirloin steak and my wife had the signature sea bass dish which were also very good. Total bill was $270 which is on the heavy side but considering we chose the most expensive dishes on the menu and the quality of the food was so good we left very happy indeed. So in summary highly recommended by us !Special Features:
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014We had a party of four and we are of color we don't always get the best service especially in a upscale restaurant not the case this time at the Catch, Justin was outstanding, his suggestions were great, his attentiveness was excellent. We were not rushed and we thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. The food was excellent from appetizers to desert fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Good Expirience!FoodyWndDined on 6/29/2014We started out with the coconut shrimp appetizer, they were good! I ordered the ahi tuna steak which was cooked rare, it was delicious it was served with rice, baby rainbow carrots and mushrooms with a curry sauce. My husband had their signature dish, the Chilean SeaBass. I had a taste and the fish itself was very good. My husband cleaned his plate which says enough. For dessert we had the chocolate soufflé and the red velvet cake. The chocolate soufflé was so good! The red velvet cake disappointed so much. The outside was hard as a rock and the inside was mushy. We did mention it to our server and they were so great about removing it from our bill and offering us a replacement. Overall it was a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoanneVIPDined on 6/21/2014Scheduled our 22 wedding anniversary there and although there was an Angels game that night-they secured a booth for us. Service was awesome-Justin was our server and he was pleasant and accommodating-even made sure we got a special anniversary dessert!Special Features:
- Bit disappointedkidsstayhomeDined on 6/21/2014We went for a special dinner out (don't get out much with 2.5 year old) and were told they don't serve oysters on "game days." It's the #1 reason I took my husband there. I'm pregnant - not many app options (or entrees) for prego women. Strict separation between "fine" dining & casual areas but they made an exception & served me buffalo wings off the casual menu in the fine dining area. I made reservations over a month early & wasn't told about the seating separation & 2 separate menus. Entrees are overpriced. Oh - and they were out of fish & chips (lowest priced entree on the menu) and their famous French onion soup - all at an EARLY 5:30pm reservation. Food we ordered was delicious but I wish our rare night out could have been different.Special Features:
- The Catch great place to eat.Sweet1peeDined on 6/14/2014Going to the Catch for the first time was all that I expected to find . My whole party of six agree with me from the atmosphere, the food and the services. THANK U OpenTable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Questionable serviceJM1017Dined on 5/21/2014We visited the restaurant prior to a baseball game. Sat outside in the patio with a few friends. Food was good but service was really slow. Took several minutes to get one drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantLove2DineDined on 5/21/2014I have been going to The Catch for years and it always is consistently great, never had a bad experience. You are greeted as soon as you enter the door by Rose, who always remembers your name and the pleasant experience continues throughout your dining experience. Food is great, service is great. This is our go to place for business lunches and dinners. Also celebrated many anniversaries and birthdays. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DelightfulGreatEaterVIPDined on 5/20/2014The Catch as an amazing restaurant. Its been around for a many years and for good reason. It is consistently GREAT!! Food is suberb & service is just the BEST there is. All personnel from the Desk to the Bar to the Kitchen and most of all the fantastic servers. All very friendly and capable. Been here many times and will continue to frequent.Special Features:
- The following 624 reviews are from the The Catch reviews archive.
- GoodBonnyeDined on 5/15/2014Food was good but portions were too big.need to work on parking.probably works best if going to the events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for a quiet dinnerMomofOrangeDined on 5/14/2014Having not been to the Catch since it moved from State College and was a great place for lunch, this was a bit unexpected. I would imagine it to be a good place to watch a game, but not for a quiet dinner. The food was overpriced and honestly not that tasty. I personally had the chicken and can pickup a full chicken at Von's that has more flavor.Special Features:
- Not what I hoped would be...grossDined on 5/14/2014When to the catch to celebrate my anniversary and go to a concert with my wife. First off the waitress acted all put out when we told her we didn't drink. I asked for a gluten free menu because my wife has celiac disease and is allergic and was told they can make anything gluten free but them we asked about certain dishes they where like oh we can't do that or that or that.... my wife had the drunken Mahi Mahi and I had a ride ye with roster potatoes. My wife's tostada was stale and rice was cold my steak was not seasoned along with the potatoes overall just super bland. When we told the waitress she told me that that is how tostadas. Are and she would get my wife some fresh rice.... really then I got the bill it was 130 with no drinks
- Hope you're not in a hurry.frriesDined on 5/11/2014I was surprised how long it took to cook 2 burgers and some sliders. The place was not crowded. There was no one inside and a few tables with people outside. A previous review mentioned that we should expect to wait... so I was forewarned...Special Features:
- Dinner at the CatchOuttoeatDined on 5/11/2014Great Mother's Day dinner at the Catch in Anaheim. had the famous Chilean Seabass with Scallops. Outstanding choice. Lobster bisque was a little rich, but still very tasty. Too much food for dessert, next time I'll pace myself.Special Features:
- Too much money.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Low quality for the expensive price. Spent double what I would have if I went to Ruth's Chris. Also treated like crap by the valet. Very rude. Will never return.
- steakblissfulRaiderblissDined on 5/11/2014Very nice special occasion restaurant. Pink and purple cloths napkins really brought out the tables for Mothers Day. My husband and Dad really enjoyed the steaks, My husband, "now that's a good piece of meat". The seafood was great. It did get a little warm in back of the restaurant, but was still a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice visit with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014My wife and I had dinner at The Catch with a former collegue and his wife. Three of us had fish dishes that were great. The sea bass was cooked perfectly. The fourth had a filet and it was very tender and flavorful. Service was a bit slow, but we were visiting with friends so it was not a problem for us. The dining area was nice and the noise level was perfect for visiting. A very nice evening. I will return.
- ExcellentJerryVIPDined on 5/10/2014This is a great place for lunch or Dinner when attending either Angle Stadium or the Honda Center. Parking is easy. Service is "spot on".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.