The Castle at Dunleith
84 Homochitto St.
Natchez, MS 39120Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
The Castle at Dunleith
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dunleith.com/castle-overview.html
- Phone: (601) 446-8500
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:30am - 10:00am; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Brad Seyfarth
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Corporate, private and wedding catering offered with reception or seated dinners. Can accommodate 50-500 people with full-service capabilities.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining rooms accomodate up to 20 or less. Private parties in the pub available or rental of entire facility an option as well.
- Private Party Contact: Lyn Fortenbery 6014468500
A word from The Castle at Dunleith
The Castle is great combination of continental and southern cuisine utilizing daily fresh seafood and the best steaks on the market.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Castle at Dunleith - Best Restaurants in Natchez ›
The Castle at Dunleith reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (38)romantic (30)notable wine list (21)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (16)great for lunch (13)scenic view (12)great for brunch (11)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Romantic and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We have eaten here a few times and always leave happy, full and satisfied. The food is creative and tasty. The atmosphere is romantic and quiet. We will continue to eat here the Saturday night of our annual anniversary trip to Natchez.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner was amazingnolacounselorDined on 11/15/2014We drove up from Hammond for our Anniversary and it was well worth it. We had the fried green tomatoes and duck eggrolls and they were wonderful, but Fried green tomatoes were out of this world. For dinner we got the Filet and Chicken Diane Pasta both were great, but the steak was on hands down one of the best steaks I've ever had. I will drive back just for dessert, the toffee crusted cheesecake was amazing topped with caramel and toffee. I honestly did not have one negative aspect about the night, prices very reasonable and heads the best anniversary dinner we have had compared to Ruth Chris and Annadele's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!nolagirlDined on 11/15/2014Best meal & service in Natchez! We had a group of 6 and everyone enjoyed their meal. It's a must for anyone visiting Natchez.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of NatchezgetrealDined on 11/5/2014We love this restaurant!! Great food, service & décor. A 5 star everytime!!Special Features:
- 2goodDined on 11/1/2014Great Menu, Great Food. Hand crafted cocktails. Great service.Special Features:
- Great nightRoverDined on 10/28/2014My wife and I celebrated her birthday here. We had the best night ever. The food was out of this world we got the best table in the restaurant. The staff were very friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great timeluvgoodfoodDined on 10/25/2014Went for our 30th anniversary and had a very enjoyable evening. Teresa was a very good waitress - kept us in drink. My fillet with mashed potatoes was good as was my wife's duck. Will not wait for another anniversary to eat here again!Special Features:
- The Castle at Dunleith Disappoints!CBabeVIPDined on 10/25/2014We spent my wife's birthday weekend in Natchez and selected the Castle Restaurant for our Saturday evening birthday dinner. This was the only part of the weekend that was disappointing, as the food was below average and over priced. The service was average at best.
- TwoplatesDined on 9/30/2014Great service, wonderful food. Enjoyed our waitress.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014My husband and I loved the relaxed feeling..It was a home away from home.. The food was Delicious, as always.. The entire Dunleith Staff were impeccable..We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!Kdp43Dined on 9/27/2014This is a wonderful place to have dinner. Sitting among antiques, at a candle lit table adds so much to the whole experience. The food is amazing, better than I've had in four star restaurants. The service was very good, served quickly with a smile. Any time I'm in Natchez, I'll be eating here.Special Features:
- One of the BestonaroadtripDined on 9/26/2014The Castle is located on the grounds of a very Grand Antebellum Home, Dunleith. Just the drive through the grounds to the back where The Castle is located is a treat for the eyes. Our server, Jacob, was delightful and more than courteous. Our food was very good and beautifully plated. We ordered the Bread Pudding for dessert, it was served piping hot out of the oven as it was made to order. Delicious.......Only complaint would be the AC was a little chilly for us "girls"....... Lovely experience, I would definitely eat here again on another visit.Special Features:
- First date eventTea4twoDined on 9/4/2014When I made reservations I asked for table with a view for our first date. We were seated at a table for two right by the window. Thanks for attention to special request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and deliciousSecretSquirrelDined on 8/30/2014The experience at the Castle was unique and lovely. Arrival on awe inspiring grounds started us off on good footing. The friendly staff made us feel comfortable. Drink orders were taken immediately and the blood orange cosmo was tangy and tasty. My meal of shrimp and grits had an unusual addition of black eyed peas. My dinner companions enjoyed their steaks and particularly liked the creamed spinach. We also enjoyed the shy violinist. I have no qualms about recommending the Castle.Special Features:
- NAjacatDined on 8/16/2014Great place for a special lunch. Good food and great serviceSpecial Features:
- Every Year Anniversary Date4thAnniversaryDined on 8/9/2014We visit The Castle every year for our anniversary and it's always a delight. It has amazing food, incredible service, excellent drink selection, and delicious deserts. We always thoroughly enjoy our visit to The Castle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TouristDined on 8/9/2014The food was excellent and attentive service. We would have preferred a table more private table since we had made reservation specifically for our anniversary. We were right by the cash register with all the checkout traffic. We would still recommend the restaurant for the beautiful setting and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchLovestoeatDined on 8/3/2014Food was very good. Don't know why I haven't been sooner.Special Features:
- Castle Dinner MidweekjseatsDined on 7/30/2014Had dinner there ona Wednesday. It was all very good. The duck egg roll appetizer presentation is delicious but sloppy. For sharing an appetizer you should get 2. My wife's duck entree was perfectly prepared and also delicious. she had Brussel sprouts in a sort of slaw as a side. My steak was also very well seasoned, slightly overcooked.....it was a little thin for a filet but tender and very good. The lobster mac and cheese was luscious. For desert he blackberry pana cotta was excellent. Overall it was very very good....service was impeccable and food was scrumptious. I would recommend highly and I would go back.Special Features:
- The following 172 reviews are from the The Castle at Dunleith reviews archive.
- The Castle is a GemFabfoodgreatpriceDined on 7/12/2014Every thing we ordered was cooked to perfection. There was no waiting and the service was great. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Would be good to have the option for ordering off of a menu alsoSpecial Features:
- Unique and classic dining marriedMargaritaDined on 7/4/2014So pleased to have chosen this restaurant. Some of the menu items appeared to be strange combinations, but we were pleasantly surprised by the dishes. Fried green tomatoes were heavenly with the crab and sauce. Crab cakes were fantastic. Collared greens and succotash were excellent with very unique flavors~ these ain't your momma's, they are so much better. Service was helpful and food arrived fast and hot. Sweet potato rolls with honey butter....oh my! Just a note to those Dunleith guests expecting the same at breakfast- don't. The chef obviously does not do the breakfast here. Sadly, it's a very good breakfast, just notthe same quality as dinner. The Castle is well worth the cost of dinner, it is devine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencelunchbuddiesDined on 7/1/2014A group of six friends met for lunch. The Castle adds a touch of elegance compared to other dining establishments at lunch. Our server was very attentive and met all of our needs. We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. The only downside might be that it was a bit pricey for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014It was a wonderful dining experience. I highly recommend it for a Natchez, MS dinner.Special Features:
- justinDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I went to The Castle at Dunleith for our anniversary dinner. This is a great place to have a romantic special occasion dinner! For an appetizer I would reccomend the crab cake. For the main entree I had the duck and my wife had the Shrimp, Scallops, Jumbo Lump Crab with Artichokes. Both dishes were very good and I would reccomend both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- group outingouttolunchDined on 6/19/2014We were a group of 12. Everyone in our group enjoyed the lunch. The food and service was WONDERFUL!! Thank you!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceLuv2eatDined on 6/18/2014My wife and I went here 33 years ago when the castle was a Carriage House. Now as a Castle for dinner the Ambience was Fantastic, and Romantic. I would recommend this Resturant to any one looking for a Romantic, Great Dinner place to bring someone special. Our Waitress (Janice) did an EXCELLENT job. Never let the glasses go dry, and the food came to the table once the previous plates were finished. Great attention to Detail on our waitresses part. The cost was definitely worth the service and quality of the food. Thank You again for a Wonderful Romantic Dinner that my wife and I really enjoyed.Special Features:
- Sensational4AussiesDined on 5/18/2014We found this beautiful restaurant online. There were four of us travelling from Memphis to New Orleans and when we arrived at Castle at Dunleith we were tired and very hungry. We were welcomed like old friends, had the best meal of our one month USA trip and would highly recommend this gem of a place. We would return in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- First time dining hereCyberdocVIPDined on 5/16/2014Our experience was somewhat less than optimal. A large group of very loud people enjoyed themselves and annoyed every other diner! We use very little salt on our home cooked meals and the food served to us at this restaurant was barely edible due to excessive use of the NaCl shaker! If sodium in your diet is a problem, then Buyer Beware!
- Ultimate Dining ExperienceEatYourHeartOutDined on 5/15/2014Tanreka offered the ultimate in service as our server...the atmosphere was upscale comfort with care and attention given to each detail...the cuisine was exemplary and prices quite affordable...an overall remarkable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionSuzanneDined on 5/15/2014The Castle does not disappoint on any level. The food is exquisite and the servers take great pride in working at The Castle. The best meal to be had in Natchez. My husband's steak was tender, and seasoned beautifully. My seafood dish was out of this world. The cream brulee' was superior and my husband's bread pudding was very good. I wouldn't think of coming to Natchez and not eating at The Castle. It is not to be missed.Special Features:
- Romantic weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014We went to dinner then breakfast this last time and they surpassed the usual excellence in all areas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable dinnerBogartDined on 5/12/2014It was a real pleasure to dine at The Castle. The food was interesting with a varied menu and a stunning wine list. The setting of the restaurant is very picturesqueSpecial Features:
- Extra help givenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Carried my mother to The Castle for mother's day. She has poor ambulatory skills as well as some dementia. They were extremely accommodating for her physical handicaps as well as answering her questions. The food was excellent also.Special Features:
- MOTHERS DAYOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014As always The Castle was fabulous, great food, great service and friendly atmosphere.Special Features:
- LovelyNYDinerVIPDined on 5/5/2014Particularly perfect if you're staying at Dunleith. Not having to drive after dining makes it gracious beyond words. The food is excellent. The service is truly wonderful. Would recommend for anyone visiting Natchez for an elegant experience.Special Features:
- islanderDined on 5/2/2014Visiting for two weeks in Natchez. Meal was perfect from excellent wine reasonably priced, one of the best steaks my wife ever had. The bread pudding was by far the best in the region including New Orleans. Succotash side with shrimp sausage was unbelievable. Service was attentive and friendly without being overbearing. Would recommend highly.Special Features:
- Dinner at Dunleith CastleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014The Dunleith is gorgeous...the Castle restaurant is in the old carriage house-with many tables jammed close to each other. The food was good..nothing spectacular as the write-up on the menu would have you believe. Shrimp was a tad overcooked. Our waitperson, James, was excellent.. familiar with the menu. He was attentive and you could tell he loved his job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingrunnergirlDined on 4/26/2014Very accommodating for a large group. The food was fabulous as was the service. It took a little longer than expected but worth waiting for. Perfect place for dinner.Special Features:
- a little overratedSnJliketoeatDined on 4/25/2014The specials were great but the regular menu items we had were just ok. Service was good and our waitress was knowledgeable. Plenty of other places around to eat instead. The ambience was nice but it definitely had an old stuffy smell that sometimes come with older buildings. Overall we enjoyed ourselves but will go other places next time we are in town.Special Features: