The Carversville Inn
6205 Fleecydale Rd
Carversville, PA 18913Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Carversville Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://carversvilleinn.com/Carversville_Inn.html
- Phone: 2152970900
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm,
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Will Mathias
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Parties up to 25-30 in one of our dining rooms. Sundays and Monday through Thursday nights. Luncheon parties of the same size Tuesday through Sunday.
- Private Party Contact: Will Mathias 2152970900
A word from The Carversville Inn
Welcome to The Carversville Inn! You have to get lost to find us, but once you do you won't want to leave! Chef/Owner Will Mathias and his wife Denie take pride in welcoming you to their warm, inviting restaurant in the heart of Bucks County. The menus reveal the chef's Southern roots, classical training, and familiarity with the diversity and variety of American regional cuisine. The offerings encompass a broad spectrum of choices, including classical French, Spanish, Southern, and Asian cuisines, with options to please all palates.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Carversville Inn - Best Restaurants in Carversville ›
The Carversville Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)fit for foodies (44)romantic (43)special occasion (41)great for outdoor dining (40)great for lunch (19)scenic view (19)great for brunch (16)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (7)good for groups (7)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014This was our first visit and we were duly impressed. Service was efficient and on time and the food and the atmosphere were terrific! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a charmfavrestVIPDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I frequent carversville often. The meals are delicious. We try to taste different items on the menu but my husband ultimately always orders the duck! My specialty is the salmon which is a must. Will be returning again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimmyjayDined on 9/4/2014Super place Been going to the Carversville Inn for 25 yrs and every dinner is superb Recommended to everybody ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemCrobinDined on 9/2/2014Looking for a quiet country inn? The Carversville Inn has everything to fill the bill. Early dining on a Tuesday evening was a bit noisy as that was the time for an early burger special. Later the dining room thinned and the sound level dropped to a quieter level. In no way did any of this detract from the quality of the meal. I had a cup of mushroom soup that was one of the best I've ever had. My wife settled on the Golden Beet salad. It was fresh and crisp and the goat cheese sprinkled on top was the smoothest and creamiest she had ever tasted. For our entrees we both selected the Braised Short Ribs with roasted vegetables. The short ribs were fall apart tender and the chimichuri sauce added a herby flavor that made the dish.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Everything about the meal was excellent. Lovely location very good food. Excellent service. I was able to takeawalkupaprettycou tryroadafterwards. Defi itelywillgobackSpecial Features:
- A gem off the beaten pathEastCoastFoodieDined on 8/30/2014Food-wise, the Carversville Inn has been up and down. Fortunately it is on the upside now, with interesting dishes. Not on par with the West Village in Manhattan or the novel food scene in Brooklyn, the Carversville Inn has incredible ambiance. Located in a quaint village in a beautiful valley in toney Bucks County this old inn with rough wood floors and ancient fireplace takes you back to the Revolutionary War era. The food is better and more inventive than the equally quaint Inn at Phillips Mill nearby, but the main attraction at both of these restaurants is the ambiance.Special Features:
- TexRDined on 8/29/2014The Carversville Inn is a gem in the hinterlands of Bucks County. As one pulls up in the parking lot the magic starts to take place. The greetings from the staff were friendly and genuine. There was no rushing to get the drink order, the food order and get you back out the door. Excellent attention was paid and a full explanation of the menu came with smiles. The soft shell crabs were wonderfully prepared and the duck.....the best ever. Crispy, moist and all of the things duck should be. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food experience but very saltyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014Very delicious appetizers but salty, main course rack of lamb and especially the mashed potatoes were overly salty. Great dessert, atmosphere and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YcookVIPDined on 8/27/2014This charming place in a beautiful serene setting is the perfect spot to not only enjoy wonderful food, but also to be able to visit with friends in a relaxed and most inviting atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nth meal here still delightsJustdowntheroadDined on 8/26/2014We are regulars customers here because the service and the food are always excellent. The vegetable Napoleon was fresh and delicious, and my wife can't help ordering the soft shell crabs when they are in season. My son had the best burger anywhere because Tuesday is burger night.Special Features:
- Casual elegancePetanarilDined on 8/21/2014My wife and I had dinner at the Carversville Inn and completely enjoyed ourselves. The food was elegantly presented and tasted as good as it looked. The historical charm of the venue added to the romantic elegance of the evening, all the while casually comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchwineanddineVIPDined on 8/17/2014The soup of the day was crab and it's always outstanding, here. The quiche of the day, which featured ham, was also delicious. The food at this restaurant always meets or surpasses to my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not happykathyDined on 8/16/2014I was not thrilled with my dinner steak was good but was missing the vegetables was not sure what one was the potato but I did find my two string beansSpecial Features:
- Still my favorite..forever and everxoxoVIPDined on 8/16/2014Always my favorite! Each time I think I am going to order something different but when I arrive I seem to get my DUCK as usual! It's always done perfectly, but the best of all is the black bread stuffing! Go off ur diet for this one! Also if gazpacho is still offered then ORDER IT! sadly the summer is coming to an end so I know the chef will stop serving it!!! BOO HOO. SOB SOB😥Special Features:
- Very nice quiet dinner for 4PhillyguyDined on 8/8/2014Had the lamb from the menu loved it. Wife had a special and thought it was very good. friends had ordered from menu remarked that their dinners were very good. Old place loaded with local charm that has nice seating on porch weather permitting. Quiet enough to have easy conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Inn AtmosphereLocalNeighborVIPDined on 8/7/2014Wonderful old world Inn with excellent food and attentive service.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureSkybyrdDined on 8/6/2014We "discovered" the tiny and charming town of Carversville and the Inn years ago. Both the town and Inn have carefully preserved their mid-nineteenth century character and the Inn's creaky structure is clearly original. The food, service and bar offerings are first rate and we have never been disappointed. The rooms are small so conversations can't be very private and restless kids will surely be a distraction.Special Features:
- CharmingEastCoastFoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014Had another great dinner outside on a perfect summer night. The peppered new york strip steak was exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always WONDERFUL!ChefMarshaVIPDined on 8/1/2014The Carversville Inn is consistently delicious! Can't wait to return...again and again! Kudos to the staff for a fabulous experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/27/2014A lovely restaurant with beautiful colonial charm. Fabulous brunch! Been going for years and the quality has only improved.Special Features:
- ALWAYS MY FAVORITExoxoVIPDined on 7/25/2014love dining on porch/lucky to be able to do it 2 weeks in a row since "sometimes" the bugs don't allow it! Decided NOT to get my favorite (duck) but instead went with the mustard crusted salmon ... delicious !! of course started with my favorite favorite gazpacho (BOWL) !!! pino Grigio with the fish was perfect !!! hubby who ALWAYS gets his rack of lamb (buck's best) decided to get the duck!! LOL!! dining at CI is always exceptional!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mid-week breakjustmeDined on 7/24/2014The Inn was a great choice to thank a friend for helping me out. The food was great as was the staff. Since it was mid-week, the place was quieter than it would be on the weekend. There were a lot of people enjoying sitting on the porch and eating.Special Features:
- A scenic lunchsunronDined on 7/24/2014My husband and I met my brother on a weekday for lunch. It was like a trip back in time, as we sat outside, across from the grocery store/post office, and watched minimal traffic move by the three road crossroad. The diver scallops were to die for and the old fashioned bread pudding was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/13/2014We had a great time at the Carversville Inn and our server ,Beth, was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- patgVIPDined on 7/12/2014Food OK but generally disappointing ... the reviews raised my expectations and I thought it was going to be better than it was.
- Always consistently goodLadyDined on 7/5/2014When ever we want a good meal, this is the place. We have been dining here now for about 13-14 years, never a complaint. Service is always good, food is exceptional. Weather permitting they have out door seating which we enjoyed this time. One of the few places that serve soft shell crab in the summer, so I did enjoy my meal. We had a table for 3 which included my 93 year old father-in-law and he thought the placed deserved a A+. So I will continue to recommend the Carversville Inn to any visiting or local.Special Features:
- PerfectiondoxieloverVIPDined on 7/5/2014I have reviewed Carversville Inn many times as it is our favorite restaurant and we dine there on a regular basis. This Saturday we knew would be a perfect day to eat out on the patio. There is just something special about the relaxed, quaint setting. I ordered one of the Saturday specials....the lobster roll, and it was the best I'd ever eaten. Both my husband and I had the gazpacho....a perfect choice. I like the small chunks instead of the usual pureed style....and the seasoning was spot-on, a little spicy, but not overwhelming. My husband chose the mushroom ragout and was very pleased. Service is always top notch. What a lovely way to spend a beautiful Saturday afternoon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014We have lunch here regularly, and dinner on occasion. We're never disappointed with the food or service. Latest was lunch on July 2. Recommend the Veggie Napolean, Escargot, Smoked Salmon and any salad appetizer. Also, as a main course try the roasted salmon, crabcake or the old stand-by, Ragout of Wild Mushrooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little secretluv2eatDined on 7/1/2014We sat outside, beautiful gardens in a quiet quaint town, service was great and food was excellent !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, weak serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/28/2014Great meal. Every course was excellent and helped overcome the weak service. Very nice setting as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carversville InnGrandmaCandy3Dined on 6/25/2014It was just perfect! We were there for lunch and in addition to Carversville being a magic place the Inn provided a space for a memorable light meal.Special Features:
- Top TenMrMorrisDined on 6/25/2014We have been enjoying the Carversville Inn for many years. It is always excellent and consistent. The food and service are outstanding. We have lived in Georgia for the last twelve years and make a point at stopping in Carversville annually when we visit our old neighborhood. Wonderful place.Special Features:
- Never disappointing..........OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/22/2014Enjoyed a Sunday night dinner with family, and we had a wonderful meal as usual. Very nice place with delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XXXXVIPDined on 6/21/2014we dine hereoften always excellent service very friendly country innSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Very Good in all respectsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Location was great, food was outstanding, service was very good. Would certainly go back again and recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Dad's DaywineanddineVIPDined on 6/15/2014Dad's choice (the parents haven't been here for over a year) and all four of us enjoyed a wonderful brunch in this beautiful, rustic setting. It really was a perfect choice on a perfect spring day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Stumbling ServiceJDShepDined on 6/14/2014We were shown to our seats, provided with two menus - for a party of four - and a wine list. We then were allowed to sit for a period long enough to allow us to pass the two menus around - without anyone either bringing the additional menus or asking for drink orders. Our server finally came over and recited the specials (most of which were already on the menu) and took our drink order. Drinks, when they arrived, were excellent - properly prepared and chilled. The appetizers and main course offerings, likewise were excellent. The strawberry shortcake, however, was fabulous - fresh local strawberries, fresh whipped cream and an old fashioned biscuit shortcake.
- again and againxoxoVIPDined on 6/14/2014luv luv luv when we can get to carversville for our dining treat! love the staff from Kathy to beth to everyone! this is gazpacho season so if u luv gazpacho then get on over to the CI asap!Special Features:
- A step back in timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014My husband & I just celebrated our 28th anniversary here with a delicious meal. Everything was so good, starting with apps. Escargot & steamed clams, both with a great sauce that you just had to soak up with the nice warm crusty bread. For our entrée I had the Peking duck it was prepared nice & crispy with a cherry sauce & stuffing, it was so good! My husband had the filet with a horseradish cream sauce. It was cooked a little well but still very tender. To end our night we each had a dessert, peach & blackberry cobbler and strawberry shortcake, again both very good. I must say that this was one of the best dining experiences that we have had in such a long time. We are looking forward to coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBeezDined on 6/7/2014We were celebrating our 49th anniversary and looked for somewhere that looked like there would be historic ambiance, which you will find should you go. Service was great, but the menu was somewhat limited. Also it was disappointing that the steak we ordered was not prepared the wat it was ordered. They were gracious and took it off the bill, but again, it put a cloud on the "special occasion".Special Features: