The Carversville Inn
6205 Fleecydale Rd
Carversville, PA 18913Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Carversville Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://carversvilleinn.com/Carversville_Inn.html
- Phone: 2152970900
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm,
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Will Mathias
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Parties up to 25-30 in one of our dining rooms. Sundays and Monday through Thursday nights. Luncheon parties of the same size Tuesday through Sunday.
- Private Party Contact: Will Mathias 2152970900
A word from The Carversville Inn
Welcome to The Carversville Inn! You have to get lost to find us, but once you do you won't want to leave! Chef/Owner Will Mathias and his wife Denie take pride in welcoming you to their warm, inviting restaurant in the heart of Bucks County. The menus reveal the chef's Southern roots, classical training, and familiarity with the diversity and variety of American regional cuisine. The offerings encompass a broad spectrum of choices, including classical French, Spanish, Southern, and Asian cuisines, with options to please all palates.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
The Carversville Inn - Best Restaurants in Carversville ›
The Carversville Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (47)fit for foodies (46)romantic (41)special occasion (37)great for outdoor dining (31)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (15)scenic view (14)notable wine list (10)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Go for the duckOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Excellent menu overall, but the duck is extraordinarySpecial Features:
- Never disappointsfavrestVIPDined on 10/18/2014Our party of five overwhelmingly agreed that Carversville is a gem! The meals never disappoint especially the duck- moist and crispy. Our waiter Nebi is very professional, personable and knowledgeable of entire restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Country Cajun charmerMarcpcVIPDined on 10/11/2014Terrific food adds substanance to charming ambience.dishes like shrimp and scallop étuffe add to the the chefs mystique. They handled a busy Saturday very well.best in areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow serviceLocalFoodieDined on 10/11/2014Six different entrees, all very good. Wait staff was great, but the food took forever. Crisp, large salads, flavorful soups and a huge brie appetizer were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmmmmmmmm!xoxoVIPDined on 10/10/2014look, we dine here so often as it is our FAVORITE restaurant in bucks, however chef outdid himself with my duck at this meal! it's ALWAYS simply wonderful and perfect but this time it was overly superb if that can happen! lol! the lamb chops, best anywhere, were perfect of course! gazpacho is done for the year til next spring/summer (boo hoo) so I just order my favorite endive salad with chef's totally deeelicious lite dressing! I always forget to mention the bread.......give it up at home but eat it at Carversville Inn!!! note to chef: CHEF: duck truly exceptional this time*heard someone else say the same thing!Special Features:
- Old World Charm and Fine DiningMartha47Dined on 10/10/2014The Carversville Inn is an historic building with an appealing interior ambiance, a perfect backdrop for the fine food prepared by the chef and served with elegance. My party went there for lunch and had the baked brie appetizer and the endive salad followed by the quiche, the pasta, and salmon. All the selections were outstanding. The staff is courteous and professional as well as attentive. The excellent wine list and the bottle we selected enhanced the dining experience. The Carversville Inn is located in a lovely area near the Delaware River, a scenic location.Special Features:
- XXXXXXXXXXXVIPDined on 10/4/2014VERY FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE ALWAYS AN ENJOYBLE EVENING FOOD COMNSISTENLY EZXCXELLENTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificBisonDined on 10/4/2014The setting takes one back in time but the food is contemporary and as good as New York has to offer, yet the service is even better. Elizabeth is a gem - authentic, friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/4/2014The food was flavorful as well as very nicely prepared and presented. The service was friendly but mildly inattentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Presentation, PresentationMurluvschocolateDined on 10/3/2014Heavenly Chocolate Ganache! Fettucine special to die for and my sons crab cakes perfecto, tomato soup tasty and everything was served nice and hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningLarryGDined on 9/28/2014Once again The Carversville Inn exceeded all expectations. The duck was fantastic, the peach cobbler...wow! Service, perfect. Thank you for a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SchrenkoDined on 9/13/2014This was our first visit and we were duly impressed. Service was efficient and on time and the food and the atmosphere were terrific! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a charmfavrestVIPDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I frequent carversville often. The meals are delicious. We try to taste different items on the menu but my husband ultimately always orders the duck! My specialty is the salmon which is a must. Will be returning again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimmyjayDined on 9/4/2014Super place Been going to the Carversville Inn for 25 yrs and every dinner is superb Recommended to everybody ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemCrobinDined on 9/2/2014Looking for a quiet country inn? The Carversville Inn has everything to fill the bill. Early dining on a Tuesday evening was a bit noisy as that was the time for an early burger special. Later the dining room thinned and the sound level dropped to a quieter level. In no way did any of this detract from the quality of the meal. I had a cup of mushroom soup that was one of the best I've ever had. My wife settled on the Golden Beet salad. It was fresh and crisp and the goat cheese sprinkled on top was the smoothest and creamiest she had ever tasted. For our entrees we both selected the Braised Short Ribs with roasted vegetables. The short ribs were fall apart tender and the chimichuri sauce added a herby flavor that made the dish.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Everything about the meal was excellent. Lovely location very good food. Excellent service. I was able to takeawalkupaprettycou tryroadafterwards. Defi itelywillgobackSpecial Features:
- A gem off the beaten pathEastCoastFoodieDined on 8/30/2014Food-wise, the Carversville Inn has been up and down. Fortunately it is on the upside now, with interesting dishes. Not on par with the West Village in Manhattan or the novel food scene in Brooklyn, the Carversville Inn has incredible ambiance. Located in a quaint village in a beautiful valley in toney Bucks County this old inn with rough wood floors and ancient fireplace takes you back to the Revolutionary War era. The food is better and more inventive than the equally quaint Inn at Phillips Mill nearby, but the main attraction at both of these restaurants is the ambiance.Special Features:
- TexRDined on 8/29/2014The Carversville Inn is a gem in the hinterlands of Bucks County. As one pulls up in the parking lot the magic starts to take place. The greetings from the staff were friendly and genuine. There was no rushing to get the drink order, the food order and get you back out the door. Excellent attention was paid and a full explanation of the menu came with smiles. The soft shell crabs were wonderfully prepared and the duck.....the best ever. Crispy, moist and all of the things duck should be. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food experience but very saltyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014Very delicious appetizers but salty, main course rack of lamb and especially the mashed potatoes were overly salty. Great dessert, atmosphere and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YcookVIPDined on 8/27/2014This charming place in a beautiful serene setting is the perfect spot to not only enjoy wonderful food, but also to be able to visit with friends in a relaxed and most inviting atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nth meal here still delightsJustdowntheroadDined on 8/26/2014We are regulars customers here because the service and the food are always excellent. The vegetable Napoleon was fresh and delicious, and my wife can't help ordering the soft shell crabs when they are in season. My son had the best burger anywhere because Tuesday is burger night.Special Features:
- Casual elegancePetanarilDined on 8/21/2014My wife and I had dinner at the Carversville Inn and completely enjoyed ourselves. The food was elegantly presented and tasted as good as it looked. The historical charm of the venue added to the romantic elegance of the evening, all the while casually comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchwineanddineVIPDined on 8/17/2014The soup of the day was crab and it's always outstanding, here. The quiche of the day, which featured ham, was also delicious. The food at this restaurant always meets or surpasses to my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not happykathyDined on 8/16/2014I was not thrilled with my dinner steak was good but was missing the vegetables was not sure what one was the potato but I did find my two string beansSpecial Features:
- Still my favorite..forever and everxoxoVIPDined on 8/16/2014Always my favorite! Each time I think I am going to order something different but when I arrive I seem to get my DUCK as usual! It's always done perfectly, but the best of all is the black bread stuffing! Go off ur diet for this one! Also if gazpacho is still offered then ORDER IT! sadly the summer is coming to an end so I know the chef will stop serving it!!! BOO HOO. SOB SOB😥Special Features:
- Very nice quiet dinner for 4PhillyguyDined on 8/8/2014Had the lamb from the menu loved it. Wife had a special and thought it was very good. friends had ordered from menu remarked that their dinners were very good. Old place loaded with local charm that has nice seating on porch weather permitting. Quiet enough to have easy conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Inn AtmosphereLocalNeighborVIPDined on 8/7/2014Wonderful old world Inn with excellent food and attentive service.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureSkybyrdDined on 8/6/2014We "discovered" the tiny and charming town of Carversville and the Inn years ago. Both the town and Inn have carefully preserved their mid-nineteenth century character and the Inn's creaky structure is clearly original. The food, service and bar offerings are first rate and we have never been disappointed. The rooms are small so conversations can't be very private and restless kids will surely be a distraction.Special Features:
- CharmingEastCoastFoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014Had another great dinner outside on a perfect summer night. The peppered new york strip steak was exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always WONDERFUL!ChefMarshaVIPDined on 8/1/2014The Carversville Inn is consistently delicious! Can't wait to return...again and again! Kudos to the staff for a fabulous experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/27/2014A lovely restaurant with beautiful colonial charm. Fabulous brunch! Been going for years and the quality has only improved.Special Features:
- ALWAYS MY FAVORITExoxoVIPDined on 7/25/2014love dining on porch/lucky to be able to do it 2 weeks in a row since "sometimes" the bugs don't allow it! Decided NOT to get my favorite (duck) but instead went with the mustard crusted salmon ... delicious !! of course started with my favorite favorite gazpacho (BOWL) !!! pino Grigio with the fish was perfect !!! hubby who ALWAYS gets his rack of lamb (buck's best) decided to get the duck!! LOL!! dining at CI is always exceptional!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mid-week breakjustmeDined on 7/24/2014The Inn was a great choice to thank a friend for helping me out. The food was great as was the staff. Since it was mid-week, the place was quieter than it would be on the weekend. There were a lot of people enjoying sitting on the porch and eating.Special Features:
- A scenic lunchsunronDined on 7/24/2014My husband and I met my brother on a weekday for lunch. It was like a trip back in time, as we sat outside, across from the grocery store/post office, and watched minimal traffic move by the three road crossroad. The diver scallops were to die for and the old fashioned bread pudding was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/13/2014We had a great time at the Carversville Inn and our server ,Beth, was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- patgVIPDined on 7/12/2014Food OK but generally disappointing ... the reviews raised my expectations and I thought it was going to be better than it was.
- Always consistently goodLadyDined on 7/5/2014When ever we want a good meal, this is the place. We have been dining here now for about 13-14 years, never a complaint. Service is always good, food is exceptional. Weather permitting they have out door seating which we enjoyed this time. One of the few places that serve soft shell crab in the summer, so I did enjoy my meal. We had a table for 3 which included my 93 year old father-in-law and he thought the placed deserved a A+. So I will continue to recommend the Carversville Inn to any visiting or local.Special Features:
- PerfectiondoxieloverVIPDined on 7/5/2014I have reviewed Carversville Inn many times as it is our favorite restaurant and we dine there on a regular basis. This Saturday we knew would be a perfect day to eat out on the patio. There is just something special about the relaxed, quaint setting. I ordered one of the Saturday specials....the lobster roll, and it was the best I'd ever eaten. Both my husband and I had the gazpacho....a perfect choice. I like the small chunks instead of the usual pureed style....and the seasoning was spot-on, a little spicy, but not overwhelming. My husband chose the mushroom ragout and was very pleased. Service is always top notch. What a lovely way to spend a beautiful Saturday afternoon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014We have lunch here regularly, and dinner on occasion. We're never disappointed with the food or service. Latest was lunch on July 2. Recommend the Veggie Napolean, Escargot, Smoked Salmon and any salad appetizer. Also, as a main course try the roasted salmon, crabcake or the old stand-by, Ragout of Wild Mushrooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little secretluv2eatDined on 7/1/2014We sat outside, beautiful gardens in a quiet quaint town, service was great and food was excellent !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.