The Carversville Inn
6205 Fleecydale Rd
Carversville, PA 18913Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Carversville Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://carversvilleinn.com/Carversville_Inn.html
- Phone: 2152970900
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm,
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Will Mathias
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Parties up to 25-30 in one of our dining rooms. Sundays and Monday through Thursday nights. Luncheon parties of the same size Tuesday through Sunday.
- Private Party Contact: Will Mathias 2152970900
A word from The Carversville Inn
Welcome to The Carversville Inn! You have to get lost to find us, but once you do you won't want to leave! Chef/Owner Will Mathias and his wife Denie take pride in welcoming you to their warm, inviting restaurant in the heart of Bucks County. The menus reveal the chef's Southern roots, classical training, and familiarity with the diversity and variety of American regional cuisine. The offerings encompass a broad spectrum of choices, including classical French, Spanish, Southern, and Asian cuisines, with options to please all palates.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Carversville Inn - Best Restaurants in Carversville ›
The Carversville Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since March 30 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)neighborhood gem (40)romantic (39)fit for foodies (34)great for outdoor dining (25)great for brunch (16)great for lunch (16)notable wine list (13)scenic view (13)vibrant bar scene (9)good for groups (7)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- ALWAYS MY FAVORITExoxoVIPDined on 7/25/2014love dining on porch/lucky to be able to do it 2 weeks in a row since "sometimes" the bugs don't allow it! Decided NOT to get my favorite (duck) but instead went with the mustard crusted salmon ... delicious !! of course started with my favorite favorite gazpacho (BOWL) !!! pino Grigio with the fish was perfect !!! hubby who ALWAYS gets his rack of lamb (buck's best) decided to get the duck!! LOL!! dining at CI is always exceptional!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A scenic lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/24/2014My husband and I met my brother on a weekday for lunch. It was like a trip back in time, as we sat outside, across from the grocery store/post office, and watched minimal traffic move by the three road crossroad. The diver scallops were to die for and the old fashioned bread pudding was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/13/2014We had a great time at the Carversville Inn and our server ,Beth, was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- patgVIPDined on 7/12/2014Food OK but generally disappointing ... the reviews raised my expectations and I thought it was going to be better than it was.
- Always consistently goodLadyDined on 7/5/2014When ever we want a good meal, this is the place. We have been dining here now for about 13-14 years, never a complaint. Service is always good, food is exceptional. Weather permitting they have out door seating which we enjoyed this time. One of the few places that serve soft shell crab in the summer, so I did enjoy my meal. We had a table for 3 which included my 93 year old father-in-law and he thought the placed deserved a A+. So I will continue to recommend the Carversville Inn to any visiting or local.Special Features:
- PerfectiondoxieloverVIPDined on 7/5/2014I have reviewed Carversville Inn many times as it is our favorite restaurant and we dine there on a regular basis. This Saturday we knew would be a perfect day to eat out on the patio. There is just something special about the relaxed, quaint setting. I ordered one of the Saturday specials....the lobster roll, and it was the best I'd ever eaten. Both my husband and I had the gazpacho....a perfect choice. I like the small chunks instead of the usual pureed style....and the seasoning was spot-on, a little spicy, but not overwhelming. My husband chose the mushroom ragout and was very pleased. Service is always top notch. What a lovely way to spend a beautiful Saturday afternoon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014We have lunch here regularly, and dinner on occasion. We're never disappointed with the food or service. Latest was lunch on July 2. Recommend the Veggie Napolean, Escargot, Smoked Salmon and any salad appetizer. Also, as a main course try the roasted salmon, crabcake or the old stand-by, Ragout of Wild Mushrooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little secretluv2eatDined on 7/1/2014We sat outside, beautiful gardens in a quiet quaint town, service was great and food was excellent !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, weak serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/28/2014Great meal. Every course was excellent and helped overcome the weak service. Very nice setting as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carversville InnGrandmaCandy3Dined on 6/25/2014It was just perfect! We were there for lunch and in addition to Carversville being a magic place the Inn provided a space for a memorable light meal.Special Features:
- Top TenMrMorrisDined on 6/25/2014We have been enjoying the Carversville Inn for many years. It is always excellent and consistent. The food and service are outstanding. We have lived in Georgia for the last twelve years and make a point at stopping in Carversville annually when we visit our old neighborhood. Wonderful place.Special Features:
- Never disappointing..........OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/22/2014Enjoyed a Sunday night dinner with family, and we had a wonderful meal as usual. Very nice place with delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XXXXVIPDined on 6/21/2014we dine hereoften always excellent service very friendly country innSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Very Good in all respectsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Location was great, food was outstanding, service was very good. Would certainly go back again and recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Dad's DaywineanddineVIPDined on 6/15/2014Dad's choice (the parents haven't been here for over a year) and all four of us enjoyed a wonderful brunch in this beautiful, rustic setting. It really was a perfect choice on a perfect spring day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Stumbling ServiceJDShepDined on 6/14/2014We were shown to our seats, provided with two menus - for a party of four - and a wine list. We then were allowed to sit for a period long enough to allow us to pass the two menus around - without anyone either bringing the additional menus or asking for drink orders. Our server finally came over and recited the specials (most of which were already on the menu) and took our drink order. Drinks, when they arrived, were excellent - properly prepared and chilled. The appetizers and main course offerings, likewise were excellent. The strawberry shortcake, however, was fabulous - fresh local strawberries, fresh whipped cream and an old fashioned biscuit shortcake.
- again and againxoxoVIPDined on 6/14/2014luv luv luv when we can get to carversville for our dining treat! love the staff from Kathy to beth to everyone! this is gazpacho season so if u luv gazpacho then get on over to the CI asap!Special Features:
- A step back in timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014My husband & I just celebrated our 28th anniversary here with a delicious meal. Everything was so good, starting with apps. Escargot & steamed clams, both with a great sauce that you just had to soak up with the nice warm crusty bread. For our entrée I had the Peking duck it was prepared nice & crispy with a cherry sauce & stuffing, it was so good! My husband had the filet with a horseradish cream sauce. It was cooked a little well but still very tender. To end our night we each had a dessert, peach & blackberry cobbler and strawberry shortcake, again both very good. I must say that this was one of the best dining experiences that we have had in such a long time. We are looking forward to coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBeezDined on 6/7/2014We were celebrating our 49th anniversary and looked for somewhere that looked like there would be historic ambiance, which you will find should you go. Service was great, but the menu was somewhat limited. Also it was disappointing that the steak we ordered was not prepared the wat it was ordered. They were gracious and took it off the bill, but again, it put a cloud on the "special occasion".Special Features:
- Romantic Bucks Countywa3ziuDined on 6/1/2014Very consistent excellence with v. good NY type service. Not a bunch of college kids on their cell phones like the expensive, dissapointing Main Line restaurants. Great ambiance. Best lamb chops outside of Manhattan. Chicken "ala chef's wimsy" has been a favorite here for years. No wait for SundaY dinner at 5:30. V. charming bar and service. Nothing in the Main Line or Center City Phila. comes close for food, service and ambiance.Worth the price. Can't remember my last bad meal there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelydeservingmomDined on 5/31/2014Our experience at The Carversville Inn was Lovely. We were fortunate enough to have a gift certificate. I would certainly recommend it to someone for a special occasion. It is a high end restaurant with a very relaxed atmosphere. I'm glad we had the chance to try it out.Special Features:
- xoxoVIPDined on 5/31/2014summer has arrived and so has the gazpacho! OMG! OMG! now I have to replace my endive salad (boo hoo) with the FABULOUS gazpacho! the food will bring you back again and again however the gazpacho will bring you back even more often!Special Features:
- Enjoyable MealGomeDined on 5/24/2014Had a very enjoyable meal here. We had the little neck clams as an app. Cooked in a spicy white wine broth, delish. The smoked pork with a hint of chili with currant sauce was a nice combination. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and deliciousLuv2eatDined on 5/17/2014Everything we ordered was phenomenal - from the country terrine to the salted carel ice cream. What a toe curling dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xoxoVIPDined on 5/17/2014the MOST consistent food of any restaurant in bucks county and beyond I have never had anything less than a perfect meal! thx carversville innSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- buffyDined on 5/15/2014Food was hot & everything was excellent, service was great & everybody paid very close attention to you needs. Thanks! "will come again"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers DayBobbiDined on 5/11/2014Great place for Mothers Day brunch! The food was excellent but the service could have been a little friendlier. May have been overwhelmed by the Mothers day volume.Special Features:
- Innovative AgainInnovativeDined on 5/11/2014Food is really terrific as is the Service and at least as good as our first time a month ago. It was Mother's day and we arrive only to find a maze of cars, and the walk from our parking spot was a few minutes further. I was sure they had over booked, but just as I was certain when I made the reservation, they had not. That is it was "business as Usual" and our table was ready even though we arrived a few minutes early. Nor was anybody waiting around to be served or seated. My wife ask our server to recommend between the scrambled eggs or omelet. She recommended the scrambled eggs and they were a work of art. Who would have thought something special could be done with scrambled eggs but that what they did. I could go on, too, but I won't.Special Features:
- Mother's Day brunchCvivaDined on 5/11/2014Took mom to the Carversville Inn because it was a place always wanted to go. She enjoyed herself. It was tough to find with the main road from river rd closed, but we eventually found it. It was a lovely daySpecial Features:
- Saturday nightlarryDined on 5/10/2014Inspite of being one of the busiest nights a good restaurant could have, Saturday before Mother's day, it was an enjoyable experience. Good traditional menu choices in a quaint Bucks county setting with competent service.Special Features:
- Worth traveling forfourDined on 5/10/2014Sensational menu - especially with specials. Excellent rack of lamb and filet mignon. Courteous knowledgeable wait staff. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Birthday Worthy!IMOTASDined on 5/9/2014We celebrated my birthday last Friday with a lovely family dinner at the Inn. Great location, excellent food. Service was a bit slow in the beginning but got better. Everyone's meal was fantastic. I had the roasted duck and my husband had the daily pasta special. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of bucks county's BEST!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2014This is a delightful place. If you can get a seat, have a drink at the bar first. The "locals" are very welcoming, and so is Lydia, the bartender. Food is quite good & there are always interesting specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic localeFoodiefoolDined on 5/7/2014The Carversville Inn has never really disappointed. You will never get a bad meal there. They have a small bar that you can get an after dinner drink too...Special Features:
- As always, fantastic!merlinsmommyDined on 4/24/2014The Carversville Inn is my favorite restaurant. The food is always fantastic. The atmosphere is like no other, old world and country charm. I have never been disappointed when we dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific FoodInnovativeDined on 4/20/2014My major measure of a restaurant is how fast the used tables are cleaned. Even though we were among the very last seated for Easter Lunch, the tables were quickly cleared and fully reset, white table cloths, flowers (real), full place settings and all. As usual, my measure was right because the food measured up as well. Just one example. The escargot were unique with a tastful butter mustard sauce in a standard multiple hole ceramic dish with each snail individually capped with a puffed pastry shell. The wines by the glass were really excellent. We are going to work through their entire menu. I think they don't rely on salt for flavoring either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What can I say, this is mydoxieloverVIPDined on 4/12/2014What can I say, this is my favorite restaurant....I always enjoy my meal here. I always get the escargot...they are excellent, and usually, the quiche, which is the best I've ever had at a restaurant. A lot of places serve a terrible quiche so I refrain from ordering it. This Saturday the pastrami sandwich was calling my name......Great choice, really enjoyed it. Never had a bad meal at Carversville. Service is always pleasant and professional.......Looking forward to some meals out on the patio this summer......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchwineanddineVIPDined on 4/6/2014It was a great meal on a nice spring day. The rustic charm of the inn with the high quality of the food never fails to please me.Special Features:
- The following 193 reviews are from the The Carversville Inn reviews archive.
- A REAL GEMFoodieDined on 4/5/2014If you like excellent food, great service, country ambiance and a neighborhood gathering spot, look no further. The Carversville Inn is all of the above and then some. DO NOT MISS IT! If you do, shame on you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chef outdid himself!!!xoxoVIPDined on 4/4/2014have been away from my FAVORITE FAVORITE restaurant for several weeks due to husband's sudden illness and hospital stay he waited a loooong time to be able to get back to CI for his favorite rack of lamb! I could not wait to have my favorite... the best duck in bucks county!!! yummy deeelicious meal! the endive salad was better than ever!! now that he's back on track we hope to get there often as before! can't wait til chef makes his gazpacho soup! OMG!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.