The Carolina Strip Club
902 Gervais St. Suite C
Columbia, SC 20201Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
The Carolina Strip Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.carolinastripclub.com/
- Phone: 8037644012x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm- 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00pm, Sunday Brunch 11am-3pm, Happy Hour Every Week Day from 5:00-7:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jeff Blackmon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: With advance notice, we are happy to accommodate our fellow Columbians by bringing our food to you. We offer our full menu, in addition to anything that our chef can prepare for you to make your event special.
- Entertainment: We offer a variety of different entertainers from Thursday to Saturday nights, with the feature being our baby grand pianists that provides a variety of soft jazz, classical music, to old time favorites.
A word from The Carolina Strip Club
The Carolina Strip Club is the newest steakhouse hit the scene in Historic Vista of Columbia, South Carolina. Within short walking distance of the Capital, four star hotels, the Colonial Life Arena, the Metropoliton Convention center, the Koger Center, and chic nightlight, we offer the best steaks, seafood, and burger in town! As you enter, you realize that our playful name stops at the door, as a well-trained, fine-dining staff prepares you for a culinary experience that offers a classic steakhouse feel with a young professional atmosphere. We feature four dining areas to fit your needs, including an outdoor patio with a projector, a private dining area to accommodate up to thirty, and our upstairs piano lounge. Make your reservations today!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Carolina Strip Club reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (9)good for groups (7)romantic (7)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (3)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Table for ThreeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We met our son at Carolina Strip Club on a Friday night. We arrived in the middle of happy hour and were promptly seated in the bar, surrounded by televisions and a bit noisy. It seemed the bartender could have used another pair of hands based on the time it took for our drinks to arrive. And she gave our server some grief when we wanted to taste several wines before making a decision on a bottle. Our soup was served with teaspoons instead of soup spoons (?). The steaks were high quality and properly prepared. The food was tasty and our server did a great job. For the money, we will probably opt for a high profile steakhouse a block away.Special Features:
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014I made reservations but when we arrived host had to separate tables to seat us. We were place right next to piano even though there were many tables available. Once entertainment started we were not able to converse. Server stated she was new so we overlooked her not knowing prices. Food was excellent. We asked for to go boxes which server prepared but were disappointed that she did not include our sides which were only half eaten.Special Features:
- Over priced for the experienceWorktotravelDined on 10/1/2014The potions were big and the food tasted good and the steaks were cooked right. However, the interior seems cheap, the waitstaff while nice were not what you would expect at an expensive restaurant. If the food had been in the 20$ price point all would have been fine but at a 33-40$ per plate price point the whole experience should be great not just the food. Would be a good place if here on buisiness maybe?Special Features:
- Carolina strip clubyankeeDined on 9/27/2014I very much enjoyed this establishment! The food was absolutely amazing as well as the service! !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeInLoveWithFoodDined on 9/27/2014I came here with my wife for the first time. It was slammed, but we were able to get a table right next to the piano player, which was neat. Food was amazing!! I had the New York Strip and my wife had the Salmon entrees, and we shared a scallops appetizer. We will be back!Special Features:
- HORRIBLE ADVERTISINGDISAPPOINTEDDined on 9/1/2014After making reservations, we drove ALL YHE WAY downtown only to find out they were CLOSED! There was nothing to let us know try were closed on Labor Day! We went to LONGHORN around the corner and the steaks, ribs, and chicken were AWESOME!!
- The Carolina Strip ClubcowmomDined on 8/30/2014The food was excellent. My husband had the shrimp and grits and he said they were the best he's had in a long time. My hamburger and fries were the bomb. It was all I could do to eat it all. You really get your moneys worth where the food is concerned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible..RestauranteaterDined on 8/9/2014The downstairs is small and cramped, it was very hot had to ask for an extra napkin to wipe sweat from my face. I ordered the ribeye medium rare when I received it 1hr after ordering it was well done no pink at all. Will never reffer to a friend will never eat here again. I hope owners can see this. For $40 a steak dinner I expected to atleast have A/C and half descent service I was wrong.Special Features:
- EcurtisVIPDined on 7/24/2014The food and service were good but the physical surroundings were not conducive for an upscale experience. The restaurant is dark and dingy feeling, the barstool style table was very uncomfortable and unstable,multiple bar TVs were a distraction and the doors to the kitchen area never fully closed.Not what we were expecting.
- Great Food!!CoCoDined on 7/19/2014The Salmon and Greens were perfect..the best I've had in a long time. Bravo to the cooks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steak, bad experience overallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The steak was the only redeeming aspect of the meal. With 30-50 entrees they should invest in non-disposable ramekins instead of using those cheap black plastic ones you typically get in a to go meal. The atmosphere was way too loud way too dark. The women's restroom was in awful condition. It was our anniversary and we wish we would made the safe choice and gone to Restarante Divino or Ruth's Chris. Not sure if I could see a scenario where we'd go back to this restaurant.
- The following 23 reviews are from the The Carolina Strip Club reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014I would not recommend good was fair not overall not what I was looking forSpecial Features:
- Great Food.....Major KinksOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/13/2014My wife and i had dinner there last week. The food is very good and moderately price. However, the service was below average. The waiter was very nice but eventually never came back to the table. We ordered dessert and he never brought it. He stopped by once saying it was taking some time. After we called him over to the table to see what was going on with the dessert a second time, he responded by saying "do you want me to just bring your check"? At that point, we were just wanting to leave. I noticed other people complaining about the service as well. They have the potential to be a great place, but need to fix this important issue....taking care of the customers.
- Great steakSatisfiedguyDined on 6/6/2014My wife and I had the 16oz ribeye. They were cooked perfectly and seasoned perfectly as well. The service was good and he was attentive. It was a very nice quiet place for a nice dinnetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally a good Steak HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014The Strip Club was everything I had hoped for. Service was not speedy, but adequate. Food was excellent. NY Strip delicious and cooked perfectly. Wife had salmon and loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time hereSodacityNativeDined on 5/28/2014This was my first time here, I was here with my girlfriend and we had a good experience here. We each got the filet and the guda macorani at the recommendation of our waitress (she also paired it with a good bottle of wine). I was really impressed the amount and quality of food. I will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Quiet nightOneLooseThreadVIPDined on 5/23/2014We ate extremely early in the evening, so very few customers. This is in a really 'hoppin' part of Columbia, so would surely be extremely busy later in the evening. The food served in very large portions. Steaks delicious.Special Features:
- New gem in the vistamelissaDined on 5/11/2014Was looking for last minute reservation on Mother's Day and this restaurant had availability. The food was absolutely delicious. Steaks cooked perfectly. Great friendly service. Nice atmosphere. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Food great, music notFutureJLQVIPDined on 5/11/2014One of the best steaks I've had out at a restaurant! Had the filet - very tender and seasoned just right! We sat upstairs on a Saturday night when they had a piano player and singer. Piano would have been good, but could have done without the singer. Overall a great place - just request to sit downstairs!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat May 10MikeDined on 5/10/2014Good Table service. Hostess area coverage a little weak, was often unmanned, and there was no explanation of Outdoors and Upstairs seating options. Restaurant needed vacuum cleaning work as well - this is important. Nice ambiance overall, good food, filet a little chewy for the price, prices a little high. Kind of trying to fit in between Longhorns and Ruth's Chris, in the Columbia, SC Vista. I think this restaurant has a chance, but should offer some drink specials, a better wine list, a cleaner overall interior, better hostess service, and high quality cuts of beef. If your name is "Carolina Strip Club", the food needs to be very good. Some folks will avoid the place because of the name, even though location is great.
- Took a chance and fell in love!InLoveWithFoodDined on 5/8/2014This restaurant seems to be a new gem in the vista. I had made reservations nearby, but then overheard a local talking about the steak quality at the Carolina Strip Club, so I decided to check it out. The hostess sat me very quickly despite being in the middle of a dinner rush, and my server greeted me soon after. She suggested a great wine as well as the supposedly popular 16 ounce ribeye. I couldn't me more pleased with how everything came out. I will definitely return!Special Features:
- Horrible experiencerickDined on 4/30/2014I took my wife there to celebrate her birthday. I wanted to take her out to fine dining. When we arrived for our reservation at 7pm we were the ONLY customers in the entire place. Weird..... Our waitress is not to helpful or have many suggestions to help with any thing. The she crab soup was so salty I could not eat it. Both of our steaks ordered medium came out well done. My wife was so unhappy she didn't even want them to recook her steak. I did and it was cooked better but meat was not Grade "A" like they claim. It was tough and fatty. Then she tried to offer us a dessert. I was going to take something home for my baby sitter. She said they had 3 things, then she came back to say only 1. WORST DINING EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!
- Excellent Food, Needs Better SeatsColaFoodie80Dined on 4/26/2014The food was outstanding. Steaks were well seasoned and cooked to temperature. Mac'n'cheese side was worth the trip. Service was acceptable, but not exceptional. The restaurant setup was mostly bar hi-tops with a couple of huge booths. At a steakhouse, I would've expected tables and booths. I think they would do better to change out the furniture for some regular tables and ditch the hi-tops.Special Features:
- Great Steak!AUJenny3DDined on 4/17/2014The food was really good. I started with French Onion Soup; it was quite salty, but otherwise, it was good. The Filet Mignon was absolutely delicious - cooked perfectly and seasoned well. The rolls served with dinner were warm and tasty. I ordered the Baked Potato, fully loaded, as my side, and when it came out, it didn't have any toppings on it. The waiter offered to take it back, but I suggested he just bring out the toppings to me. It probably would have been better (warmer) if I had let him take it back, but it was okay. The wine selection was very good. Overall, a great meal and we look forward to going back soon!Special Features:
- DinnerSpecialguestVIPDined on 4/12/2014Nice place food was good when it came out, it was a long time, service was slow, took almost 2 hours to eat, 60 min to get our food main entree, after our salad that took 20 min, slow service on getting drinks re filled. Then 10 min + to get the checkm we did ask for coffee and expresso but the server did not know how to use the machine at the bar and the 1 bar tender was busy i guess this was the 3rd time there and all three times the services was slow
- My Two CentsDEUB63VIPDined on 4/12/2014Despite negative reviews on OT, CSC's menu looked worth trying, and I was glad we chanced it. Compared to Ruth's Chris, this is a better value, by a margin of $50-60 in price; in terms of the food, difference was negligible. Steaks don't have the sizzle, but are just as flavorful, without the pricy sides. Most of the negative comments on OT had to do with the wait staff and confusion in the kitchen, but -- perhaps because we were relatively early at 6:45PM-- our appetizers were out quickly, followed by salads, and then the steaks. Personally, I liked the option of larger beef portions compared to other places. Our waitress was conscientious and thorough, bordering on fussy and hovering, but all in all earned her 20% tip 'cause she cared.Special Features:
- Not a great steakhouse.KelllieBMDDined on 4/5/2014We were looking for the best Steakhouse in Columbia. Hopefully, this isn't it. The atmosphere is more of a sports bar feel than steakhouse which would have been ok, however, we were seated upstairs under a glaring bright light. Also, it was the night of the Final Four and the two large tv's were featuring women's softball and Sports Center. We received our salads before our appetizer. The food itself was fairly tasty. My filet was medium well when I had ordered medium rare. Everyone else's steak seemed cooked correctly. The wine list was marginal. At the end of the night, they were out of all desserts except ice cream. This was about 8:30 on a Saturday night.. Our server was nice but seemed harried. Overall a very average experience.
- New Steak House in Town!ClemsonGirlDined on 3/30/2014We had an early dinner here prior to the Jersey Boys show - it was pretty emply because it was so early. The salads were pretty typical. The steaks were great. I got a baked potato however my husband got the french fries and they were hand cut...very good. We were in no hurry however our server told us at the end of the meal that they had taken 25% off as the steaks took too long coming out of the kitchen. That was unexpected and very nice since we did not feel it took too ling. We would definitely go back here.Special Features:
- really disappointingpartyof2VIPDined on 2/28/2014We had been looking forward to trying this new steak place ever since it opened, but unfortunately we were really let down. The food itself (we ordered appetizers, salads and sides with our steaks) was tasty. Not great, but not bad. Certainly not the best meal in Columbia, but we enjoyed it. However, if the service had been excellent, we probably would have returned for another meal. But our service was poor. The staff (hostess especially) were very friendly, but our server was not knowledgable about the food or wine. We asked several questions about the wine list and menu, none of which he could answer. He didn't even know what the steak sauce was that accompanied our steaks.
- The food was 'solid' I hadGravelDined on 2/26/2014The food was 'solid' I had Chicken breasts and asparagus, the people dining with me had the mixed green salad and the filet. The prices were reasonable and the service was also good. The one thing that bothered me was the utensils. We had four settings at our table, and all four knives had white residue on them and one of the forks had what looked like dried lettuce on it. We tried wiping them off with our napkins with no success. The waitress brought a new set-up (two of which also had the white residue) and we didn't have any other issues. Probably just a dishwasher issue, but...
- The filet was one of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/25/2014The filet was one of the best steaks I've had in a long time. Get the Mac and cheeseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Great; Atmosphere/Service mehcanterburytravelerDined on 2/22/2014In all fairness, this is a new place that probably needs to work out the kinks. Even with a reservation, we were seated in their cavernous upstairs room adjacent to a large party. We had to be somewhere afterward so we couldn't wait for a table in the dining room. There were overlooked details that hopefully will be addressed in the near future; otherwise, you could probably eat as well at an Outback or Texas Roadhouse where corporate "big brother" ensures a consistent experience. Some examples: Service was attentive when actually at our table but we had to repeatedly ask for silverware. There were 4 of us at the table and the breadbasket had 4 rolls. And when does a steak house not have/offer a peppermill? Go for the steak.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's our server?mmmbustDined on 2/15/2014This is the second time we've been to the Carolina Strip Club. The first time the service and food were great. This time...not so much. The best part of the evening was that they did have our reservation and sat us immediately. It went down hill from there. The server was obviously VERY busy. We learned later that they had her working the dining room upstairs as well as tables downstairs. Not fair to her or her customers. The wait for drinks, bread, soup, entree, etc. was extremely long. The food was OK. The shrimp and grits, which I had, was passable. I've definitely had better in Columbia. The management needs to have more staff. It's a disservice to their diners and wait staff if they don't. We might come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Confusionlizardhead90Dined on 2/14/2014We had a late reservation on Valentines Day, and as soon as we walked in, we could tell there was confusion. We got seated immediately, so it wasn't that there were more people showing up than the restaurant had planned for, but there was a sense of tension in the air nonetheless. It turned out that they were only serving a prix fixe menu, and they had sold out of several of the items, not a surprise at the end of the evening. Mostly, the problem was that they had sold out of the signature item, the filet mignon. If you're trying to be serious steakhouse, this is something you can't sell out of, but they did. The waiter was scrambling, because they didn't seem to have a plan to deal with this well.Special Features: