The Carolina Cafe - The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort and Spa
2 Grasslawn Ave
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Carolina Cafe - The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort and Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.westinhiltonheadisland.com/Carolina-Cafe
- Phone: 8436814000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 6:30 – 11:30 am, Dinner: 5:00 – 10:00 pm
Barony Bar 5:00 - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from The Carolina Cafe - The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort and Spa
The Carolina Café is a casual, family-friendly venue offering fantastic seasonal offerings and unique Lowcountry cuisine. Our inspiring menu reflects new Chef Ed Connors’ daily creations made with the freshest local and sustainable ingredients, and also features the signature Westin brand SuperFoodsRX ™. Enjoy unwinding for Happy Hour at the new Barony Bar located inside Carolina Café.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Carolina Cafe - The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort and Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (3)special occasion (2)good for groups (2)fit for foodies (1)neighborhood gem (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Excellent Food at a ResortRobertVIPDined on 10/16/2014The food was fresh and fantastic, though it does come at resort prices since this is a resort! The service was exceptional with all staff members extremely friendly and attentative. The menu is somewhat limited though it does cover all bases. The seafood pasta was delicious though a little heavy, as was the She-crab soup. The ahi tuna sandwich was very fresh and tasty. Will come again due to the fine food and convenience.Special Features:
- Lacking in flavorCjonesVIPDined on 8/25/2014I really could not find anything to praise here. The pricing is far too high for flavorless food. Salads started at $18 and the tomatoes were lacking taste. We had to send part of our dinner back because it was cold. I eat out all over the country and rarely pan a restaurant. This is one I would suggest you skip.
- Eh...DinerJVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food was tasty but the ambience was all wrong. Lower the lighting and make it less like a hotel cafeteria and u might have something. Otherwise I could have been in any hotel in any town. Not really the feel we were going for.Special Features:
- An absolute on an island visitKayakerDined on 8/10/2014The Carolina Cafe has always been a must on each of our twice yearly visits to Hilton Head. They have never disappointed. The service has always been great and the She Crab soup is to die for.
- Beautiful PlaceSjprice68Dined on 7/3/2014This is the main Westin Resort Restaurant located in Hilton Head. It has a great vibe and noise level was low, which we liked. Food was awesome and service was superb. Couldn't ask for more. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- The following 11 reviews are from the The Carolina Cafe - The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort and Spa reviews archive.
- Freddie was SUPER in settingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2014Freddie was SUPER in setting up our dining experience. Leroy was GREAT in serving us. Freddie went out of his way to provide us a nice table and made us feel right at home. Would tell anyone that this is a great place to stay, play and dine. CraigSpecial Features:
- If you are staying at the Westin...ChitownDocDined on 4/1/2014After a long day of travel, my family decided that we would rather stay at our hotel, rather than explore Hilton Head. The host greeted us warmly and gladly accommodated our seating request. Despite sitting by the window, not much could be seen of the shoreline at that time of day. I started with the she crab soup, which was very good. I then tried the blackened grouper sandwich, which was a tad greasy. My wife had the Cobb salad, which came with cucumbers, despite her request that they be left off, and the avocado had started to turn brown. The best dish was the roasted chicken served with rice, and my son devoured every last morsel of it. So, in the end, this is a fine choice if you are near the Westin, and do not want to stray far.Special Features:
- Not as "Advertised"JW16VIPDined on 7/19/2013I read reviews of this restaurant that suggested it was very good. My husband, daughter and I were very disappointed in the food. However, our 6-year old granddaughter loved the chicken fingers and fries from the children's menu. My daughter and I had the "chef's inspiration" which sounded very good "red snapper with sauteed scallops and a variety of fresh vegetables". We were convinced the fish was NOT red snapper -- too oily and thick to be be red snapper and overcooked. My husband had what was described as the best thing on the menu -- red trout. He said it was only "so-so". We chose this restaurant mainly because it is adjacent to the resort where we are staying. The convenience was not worth the meal and it was expensive.
- Food was surpringly good...JerseygirlfromCHVIPDined on 7/14/2013But, it was still just a hotel restaurant. No views, no outside dining. Our waiter was very good. And the food was fine, better than I expected, but the place lacked energy, ambience. You can do better on the island.Special Features:
- Service is great, food is decentMsDorisCDined on 6/9/2013The breakfast buffet is like any other offered at comparable hotels, but the service and outdoor seating overlooking the ocean is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to Table Menu a DelightDinerEatersVIPDined on 5/31/2013The new weekend "Farm and Sea to Table" menu is fantastic! We have been disappointed over the years with the restaurant but this menu is fresh, local, sophisticated and delicious - especially the courses leading up to dessert. The new space is comfortable and date night worthy. Hands down our best formal dinner ever in Hilton Head. Locals - make the trip. It's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful buffet breakfast.luv2dineVIPDined on 10/21/2012Had a wonderful buffet breakfast. The staff were very friendly and accomodating.Special Features:
- Unlimited Crab Legs!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012Food was great. The seafood extravaganza buffet was perfect. They didn't have as much of a selection as I had hoped but the things they did have were pretty tasty. If you like unlimited crab legs, it is worth the money.......Special Features:
- The seafood buffet on FridayFriNightAppetiteDined on 8/10/2012The seafood buffet on Friday and Saturday is very well done. Broad selection of great seafood, desserts, and salads!Special Features:
- Have been going to the seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012Have been going to the seafood buffet for several years, and have sent numerous others there as well. This last time even with reservations, we had to wait over a half hour to be seated. In the past service as been excellent, but this time it was terrible. Plates and crab shells were allowed to stack up on our table before being cleared.
- awesome awesome awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2012new and improved seafood buffet is incredible......got to give it a try...you will be back.Special Features: