The Captain's Table
1200 West Retta Esplanade
Punta Gorda, FL 33951Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Captain's Table
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thecaptainstable.com/
- Phone: 9416371177x2
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Rodney Monroig
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact 637-1177 ext. 2 for more details
- Private Party Contact: Steve Redman 9416371177x
- Entertainment: Piano music Tuesday through Sunday (Piano Bar)
A word from The Captain's Table
The Captain’s Table is located in Fisherman’s Village Waterfront Mall, Resort & Marina in historic and beautiful Punta Gorda, Florida. Come enjoy the stunning views of Charlotte Harbor with the freshest gulf seafood, hand-cut steaks and dishes from our award-winning chef.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Captain's Table - Best Restaurants in Punta Gorda ›
The Captain's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (42)great for outdoor dining (27)special occasion (25)neighborhood gem (18)romantic (17)great for lunch (15)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (12)notable wine list (12)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- LynnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014It was great. Went on a Friday night and buffet was great except for they didn't have crab legs and the oysters need to rinsed with salt water after opened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening sunsetClive071155Dined on 10/17/2014We have been coming to the captains table for over ten years and in the early days it was the place to go, it has had its ups and downs over the last few years and at one time I would not have given it two stars it was so bad, but are visit on Friday night was a real turn round food was first class house red wine was top class and service was great, only down side is the place is a bit tired and needs bringing up to date so well done keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Sunday Supper ClubDeedlesDined on 10/12/2014What a great evening we had at the Captain's Table. Our Waiter took our beverage order, and then let us socialize before being rushed into ordering. The orders came out timely, and were delicious! Each meal was presented beautifully, and was rich in taste. Kudos to the Chef!Special Features:
- Amandmom44Dined on 10/11/2014The Italian quiche was very good. The view is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and ViewDaveDined on 10/6/2014Although we elected to eat inside they do serve outside. Both our table inside and, of course, outside tables had a beautiful view of the Peace River. The food was very good (I had Mahi Mahi blackened and my wife had Lobster Ravioli. Service was excellent (the place was not crowded). I recommend The Captain's Table for dinner when in the Port Charlotte area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurantvjkleppeDined on 9/29/2014It has been several years since we have been to the Captain's Table. It was very good food, service and atmosphere. We will be back again and again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Just moved to Punta Gorda. we will definitely be back. Our waiter was outstanding, friendly and provided great service.Special Features:
- shudDined on 9/23/2014My wife and I had a delightful lunch with four of our friends (two other couples) at the Captain's Table on September 23rd, my birthday. The food was extraordinary in it's tastiness and presentation and Stu, our waiter was very accommodating. Also, the portions were satisfying. We thoroughly enjoyed the view of the harbor from inside and look forward to sitting outside during our next visit later in the fall when the weather is cooler.Special Features:
- Captain's TablePeepsDined on 9/13/2014We've been eating at the Captain's Table for a number of years and actually quit going for about a year due to inconsistent quality. We took friends there in May and all four of us were pleasantly surprised how good it was. Their escargot is the best ever!! We went again the other night with four people and all were very pleased. The Chilean sea bass was great and the chef was very accommodating with a special request. Weather permitting, dining from the balcony is the best view in Punta Gorda. We found that the off season the food is terrific.Special Features:
- LuvsDined on 9/10/2014Excellent food with a scenic view. Friendly waiter.Special Features:
- Great eveningloveditDined on 9/5/2014Celebrated an anniversary for friends. Everything was delicious. Service was excellent. Would go back again in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- debbieh0022Dined on 9/5/2014We were disappointed...we went there for the Friday night seafood buffet that we heard so much about that included crab legs! We drove quit a distance to enjoy this buffet and when we arrived we were told that crab legs are an additional 30.00 for 3 lbs. or 13.00 for 1 lb. what a disappointment! Also the restaurant needs to have some TLC done to it. General maintenance, to keep it looking fresh and kept up was lacking.Special Features:
- Seafood BuffetSeafoodBuffetLoverDined on 9/5/2014Their Seafood Buffet was Terrific. I highly recommend it. I will be back soon...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The views are spectacular, but...LynnieDined on 9/2/2014Was suppose to be a nice evening with friends celebrating.Waiter never arrived at our table for at least 20+ min. Bus boy said he was "in the back".One person at our table didn't eat her short ribs.Waiter never offered to replace, she had to ask him to take it away.Hope it was removed from the bill.Wtr glasses were never filled. the waiter then disappeared.I finally had to go up front & ask someone to find him. He gave our host the bill without offering coffee or dessert, We all wanted dessert, especially the woman who hated her meal. Dessert best part of the meal. Our waiter could have been more attentive with so few patrons. Beautiful views are not going to keep people coming back, we can get those somewhere else.Special Features:
- Stay away from seafood buffetislandgirl1127Dined on 8/29/2014For $27.95 I expected better. I'm on a low carb diet so I thought this would be a great choice. I was not looking for quantity but quality taste. Both fish selections were dry and bland. Oysters and clams were average and snow crabs difficult to deal with. Oysters on the half shell were descent.Special Features:
- Sunset Over the BayheartlandchazDined on 8/28/2014Excellent grouper, attended by a dedicated waiter who moved us to the outside deck just in time for the clouds to part and offer up a magnificent sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Dining ExperienceWayneDined on 8/23/2014From the moment i entered the Captain's Table, I was seranaded by a very talented "live" pianist on a baby grande piano in the lobby, greeted by exceptional hostess escorted to a breathtaking view of the harbor at sunset. I was then introduced to the most exceptional server, she was so knowledgable, competent, and gracious, I felt so relaxed that the evening was off to a great start... I ordered one of her suggestions, the presentation was exceptional and seafood was delicious... i'm going to make the Captain's Table a regular visit on my monthly culinary travels !!!!Special Features:
- Grouper?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014We went on a friday night got seated real fast.I order grouper for my meal,The first time I got my plate the order was all wrong,The second time I got my order it was warm not hot.The grouper was fat and dry not like real grouper is tender and tasty.My wife and her friend had the all you can eat seafood they said it was great,That is why I gave it Three stars not one.I do not know if I will be coming back again.Special Features:
- Great FoodSylviaDined on 7/25/2014Whether you are taking advantage of the Friday Night all you can eat fish buffet or ordering from the menu, The food is delicious. The buffet has a very nice variety, and I especially enjoy the boiled fish and/or salmon which seems to change from week to week. But the unending crab legs and the peel and eat shrimp are my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Seafood buffet!CrabmanDined on 7/25/2014Friday is their seafood buffet. It was fantastic -- crab legs, oysters, clams, scallop pasta alfredo... they were accommodating to our group and young child as well. Great wait staff as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Dining ExperiencesuegDined on 7/21/2014We went on a Monday night during the month of July! We had reservations and were seated outside on the deck. The scenes were beautiful and watching the dolphins while waiting for our meal was great. Staff was courtesy and attentive. Our party ordered the Dry Rub Delmonico Steak, Seafood Conquistador, and the Seafood Pasta Di Mare which were all delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Very crowded due to 4th holiday-large group nearby- waiter was very pleasant -computers not working so we had a wait for the bill. Part of the problem was the limited menu for the holiday. Always enjoyed our previous visits.Special Features:
- Fabulous sunset and storm!PattimrDined on 6/29/2014We had a wonderful experience there with a beautiful sunset and a storm rolling in. We started outside and then moved under the overhang and then finally were driven in by the storm but it was a wonderful evening. Great food and our server was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 238 reviews are from the The Captain's Table reviews archive.
- not as good as previousKikiDined on 6/22/2014We will prob not go back, menu was limited, salads were too big, prices were high for the quality of food, nothing was really hot, we were very dissapointedSpecial Features:
- EsteroeaterEsteroeaterDined on 6/22/2014I was disappointed at first because on the lunch menu I did not see something I was planning to order that is on the dinner menu. We had a great waiter, no problem, I got what I wanted and two others in our party also ordered dishes from the dinner menu. The only negative was the table behind us had a very loud domineering guest who talked the whole time. It was annoying and we should have requested a table change since it was not crowded when we were there. Next time we will.Special Features:
- Mixed reviewBeach45Dined on 6/21/2014My mother and I had dinner here recently. Pros....good food, great view. Enjoyed the calamari. Cons... service was NOT good. We asked for additional time but really did not need THAT much time. Waiter seemed bothered and restaurant was not busy. Enjoyed the beautiful view but did not like table above us "looking down." As mentioned the restaurant was NOT busy and we could have sat at another table near the window. Salad bar did not really fit in with the "upscale" menu. Observed an employee dumping a bag salad of lettuce at the bar into the bowl. Really? Doubtful that we would pick this restaurant again.Special Features:
- a special placemikeDined on 6/14/2014good food, great view, good service and a local favorite.Special Features:
- First TimeDoc5Dined on 6/13/2014Loved the buffet on Friday night. Lots of variety. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- StaffEdharDined on 6/13/2014We had the best time ever. We had john as our server and we had the buffet which is to die for, but John was on top of everything. He is a big man with a big heart. He made our night perfect. The food speaks for itself. 6 stars if that was possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- erniecoDined on 6/9/2014Food was very good;service a little slow. Great view of Charlotte Harbor especially at sunset.Special Features:
- Old FishNotComingBackDined on 6/1/2014Our experience at The Captain's Table was a dissapointment. We had been there many times in the past with much better results. We went on June 1st for a special occasion, our wedding anniversary. We both ordered the stuffer grouper which we were told by Stu that it was one of their most popular dishes. Both of our grouper meals presented fish that was chewy and without much flavor. Either the fish was old or it was previously frozen and kept for a long time. For $25 a plate the least a high-end restaurant can do is serve "fresh grouper". A great dissapointment and we will probably never go back at those prices. Go if you enjoy old fish.Special Features:
- One night standnotacheaterDined on 5/24/2014Service was excellent. I found the portions to be too large. With a shared appetizer, and skipping the salad bar, we each only ate half of hour meals, and were not in the position to take home the left overs. I had the Queen Prime Rib, and it had quite a bit of fat. It was cooked to perfection however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CAPTAIN'S TABLEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014I ordered the sea scallops and they were so tender!! The salad bar was good and was just enough to not ruin your meal. We got mashed potatoes, vegetable and rolls to accompany our meal. Everything was very good and my meal was hot, which means a lot to me!! Great drinks also. We have eaten there before and taken our relatives and have never had a bad meal!! My husband had the Lobster ravioli and he liked it!! My friend had the steak and it was huge and she had to take it home!! Very happy with our service!! The view is fantastic!! Prices are slightly high for steaks so hope they offer some smaller ones at a lower price!! Ori is great!!Special Features:
- outacontroloutacontrolDined on 5/17/2014great value for the buck, Ari our waiter did an outstanding job, very attentitive to our needs, plus you get a million dollar viewSpecial Features:
- View was nice-but thats about itthescrutinairedotcomDined on 5/16/2014The view was quite lovely. The food was not plated well, not tasting well, and our server seemed to forget about us in the corner of the restaurant. I wouldn't eat their "buffet" if you paid me and the best part of the evening was the drinks!Special Features:
- Nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014A little pricey. Could not go as often as I would like. Need more variety on Seafood buffet such as Baked stuffed shrimp and Ahi tuneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice experiencebirthdaygirlDined on 5/14/2014Everything was great. Food is a little pricey. Will not be returning too often. Nice for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Lunchon the waterDutchDined on 5/12/2014We entered the restaurant around 12:30 and it was occupied with a handful of patrons. We ordered a couple of beers and lunch as follows. Shrimp Teriyake, Mandarin Chicken, and two Black Russian sandwiches. The Black Russian sandwiches where plenty full and well prepared. The Shhrimp Teriyaki was only ok, the flavor to weak and did not taste much like it should be. The Mandarin Chicken salad was served and waiter informed us that there was no Mandarin dressing, did we want an other dressing. In my opinion the waiter should have informed us before we did order the item, may he did not know either. The waiter was professional and tried his best being put on the spot by the chef?Special Features:
- Walked outPG33050Dined on 5/11/2014Had reservations. Got seated, with my mother for mothers day. Sat for 20 minutes no one waited on us. 3 tables came in after us that received service. It was also about 90 degrees in there and I wasn't aware it was a buffet which i wasn't happy about, as I didn't see thatn advertised or mentioned anywhere on their web site, but was fine, if we had been served. Although a 90 degree restaurant and a buffet are never a good combination. Went to the Perfect Caper and had a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Buffet wasn't that goodgoodfood2eatDined on 5/11/2014We had a 2 o'clock reservation. The food wasn't refreshed on the buffet. After trying to make several trips hoping they would put more of the lobster ravioli, salmon and scallops out I finally gave up. Never did get to try them. The prime rib was overcooked, medium at best. Don't know if I would go back for a Mother's day buffet. Very disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.