The Captain's Table
1200 West Retta Esplanade
Punta Gorda, FL 33951Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Captain's Table
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thecaptainstable.com/
- Phone: (941) 637-1177 ext. 2
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Rodney Monroig
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact 637-1177 ext. 2 for more details
- Private Party Contact: Steve Redman 9416371177x
- Entertainment: Piano music Tuesday through Sunday (Piano Bar)
A word from The Captain's Table
The Captain’s Table is located in Fisherman’s Village Waterfront Mall, Resort & Marina in historic and beautiful Punta Gorda, Florida. Come enjoy the stunning views of Charlotte Harbor with the freshest gulf seafood, hand-cut steaks and dishes from our award-winning chef.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Captain's Table - Best Restaurants in Punta Gorda ›
The Captain's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (61)great for outdoor dining (44)special occasion (34)romantic (26)neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (18)great for lunch (17)notable wine list (15)great for brunch (10)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great waterfront restaurant!GypsyDined on 11/22/2014Very nice atmosphere with a great view of the harbor. Cute piano bar. Food was excellent and we had a great server. Salad bar was a big hit as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Captain's table's anniversary celebrationRIvisitorsDined on 11/19/2014We have been to the restaurant for a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner, for previous anniversary, and for get together during the warm months. They were great! On this visit the weather was cold and there were very few diners. It wasn't a night to be eating outdoors. We had a wonderful view from our seats inside, watching the waves on the water and the sunset. We were disappointed with the meals as a whole. We don't mind spending the high prices but would have liked a choice of vegetables (offered asparagus but came back and said they had none.) We were given brussel sprouts mixed with balls of dough). No other vegetable offered. One meal was sent back. (meat was well done, had asked for medium rare.) They were quick to make a new meal but by then, he was the only one eating. We had finished our meals. The salad bar had a good mix of choices. The drink prices were on the high side but that is expected in this type of establishment. I had their seafood soup and it was excellent! The filet Mignon was great! Seafood was very good. Chicken was a little dry according to 2 people. We do like the Captain's table and would go back again. Every restaurant has an off day. Hopefully not to many. Don't get me wrong. They are an excellent restaurant, therefore we have very high expectations, every time we go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LinnyLouDined on 11/18/2014The restaurabt was lovely with a fantastic view. Our service and server, Carlos, could not have been any better. Their salad bar and chowder were outstanding and our meals were delicious. My scotch old fashioned could have been better but overall we five diners certainly enjoyed our experience at The Captain's Table restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doretta, our server was very attentive.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014Even though I would classify as seafood restaurant, my Delmonico was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice viewVermonsterDined on 11/11/2014It was fine. The food and service were good and the view is great.Special Features:
- TERRIFIC!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014After arrival we recognized that we had been there once before but some time ago. We met another couple there both times. It's a great centralized place to meet as we're from Sarasota and our friends are from Estero. Would have appreciated more than one disabled parking place but got lucky and found a regular space nearby. If we lived closer we'd go there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Wonderful MealAlanDined on 11/10/2014This was our second visit and also the second time that we had Bobby as our waiter. The food was wonderful and Bobby was great. The four of us at the table ordered the Tripletail, the Stuffed Grouper, the Conquistador and I had the Pistachio crusted lamb rack. It has now become one of our favorite places to go and bring our out of town guests to dine. Great Job everyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome experienceoutoftownersDined on 11/3/2014We are visitors from Massachusetts staying at Fishermans Village, so this restaurant was literally steps from our door. Gorgeous views, impeccable service, great salad bar, extensive wine list. The food was plentiful and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CobaltbillDined on 10/31/2014My wife's filet was order medium and was served rare, they were good with returning it twice to get the right temperature but that by the time her steak was eatable too much time had passed, the lobster portion of my surf and turf also had to be returned as it was also under cooked. The cook came to our table as well as the manager, they worked hard at getting it right and every one was pleasant but for a $100.00 bill the kitchen was where the problem started.Special Features:
- Great Friday night Seafood BuffetnewbieDined on 10/31/2014If you like seafood, don't miss their seafood buffet. Excellent choices. Salad bar & hot veggies, too. No dessert, however. Not many choices on the menu if you are not a seafood lover. Reservations are a must for this restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunchHardtopleaseDined on 10/31/2014We met friends for lunch. The food was terrific and the deck seating overlooking the water make for a great lunch. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- waiterSnowbirdsOntarioDined on 10/30/2014our waiter was very polite and extremely professional.Special Features:
- Sunset & ScallopsgpinpgDined on 10/26/2014Wow, great dining experience with friends from Sarasota. Fab water-view sunset of Charlotte Harbor with 5 HUGE/delicious scallops. Waitress Doretta sure knows her wines & had superb service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovelysherlockDined on 10/24/2014The food was great, service was friendly and helpful. The entire dining experience was delightful from the great food to the extraordinary sunset.Special Features:
- great server !!noneDined on 10/24/2014great recommendations and anticipating our every need. The food was excellent and we especially enjoyed the music at the bar afterwards she was great and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014last year ate at the captains table 5 times. came back this year completely different, in most cases. soup and salad still excellent. no crab legs (downer) the fish was not to my taste, mussel sauce was lousy, shrimp not to my liking, just boiled is greatSpecial Features:
- LynnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014It was great. Went on a Friday night and buffet was great except for they didn't have crab legs and the oysters need to rinsed with salt water after opened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening sunsetClive071155Dined on 10/17/2014We have been coming to the captains table for over ten years and in the early days it was the place to go, it has had its ups and downs over the last few years and at one time I would not have given it two stars it was so bad, but are visit on Friday night was a real turn round food was first class house red wine was top class and service was great, only down side is the place is a bit tired and needs bringing up to date so well done keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Sunday Supper ClubDeedlesDined on 10/12/2014What a great evening we had at the Captain's Table. Our Waiter took our beverage order, and then let us socialize before being rushed into ordering. The orders came out timely, and were delicious! Each meal was presented beautifully, and was rich in taste. Kudos to the Chef!Special Features:
- Amandmom44Dined on 10/11/2014The Italian quiche was very good. The view is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Beautiful sunset spot. Staff and management were very attentive. The fish dinner rivals anything I have had in San Francisco or Kansas City top dining spots.Special Features:
- Dinner and ViewDaveDined on 10/6/2014Although we elected to eat inside they do serve outside. Both our table inside and, of course, outside tables had a beautiful view of the Peace River. The food was very good (I had Mahi Mahi blackened and my wife had Lobster Ravioli. Service was excellent (the place was not crowded). I recommend The Captain's Table for dinner when in the Port Charlotte area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurantvjkleppeDined on 9/29/2014It has been several years since we have been to the Captain's Table. It was very good food, service and atmosphere. We will be back again and again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Just moved to Punta Gorda. we will definitely be back. Our waiter was outstanding, friendly and provided great service.Special Features:
- shudDined on 9/23/2014My wife and I had a delightful lunch with four of our friends (two other couples) at the Captain's Table on September 23rd, my birthday. The food was extraordinary in it's tastiness and presentation and Stu, our waiter was very accommodating. Also, the portions were satisfying. We thoroughly enjoyed the view of the harbor from inside and look forward to sitting outside during our next visit later in the fall when the weather is cooler.Special Features:
- Captain's TablePeepsDined on 9/13/2014We've been eating at the Captain's Table for a number of years and actually quit going for about a year due to inconsistent quality. We took friends there in May and all four of us were pleasantly surprised how good it was. Their escargot is the best ever!! We went again the other night with four people and all were very pleased. The Chilean sea bass was great and the chef was very accommodating with a special request. Weather permitting, dining from the balcony is the best view in Punta Gorda. We found that the off season the food is terrific.Special Features:
- LuvsDined on 9/10/2014Excellent food with a scenic view. Friendly waiter.Special Features:
- Great eveningloveditDined on 9/5/2014Celebrated an anniversary for friends. Everything was delicious. Service was excellent. Would go back again in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- debbieh0022Dined on 9/5/2014We were disappointed...we went there for the Friday night seafood buffet that we heard so much about that included crab legs! We drove quit a distance to enjoy this buffet and when we arrived we were told that crab legs are an additional 30.00 for 3 lbs. or 13.00 for 1 lb. what a disappointment! Also the restaurant needs to have some TLC done to it. General maintenance, to keep it looking fresh and kept up was lacking.Special Features:
- Seafood BuffetSeafoodBuffetLoverDined on 9/5/2014Their Seafood Buffet was Terrific. I highly recommend it. I will be back soon...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The views are spectacular, but...LynnieDined on 9/2/2014Was suppose to be a nice evening with friends celebrating.Waiter never arrived at our table for at least 20+ min. Bus boy said he was "in the back".One person at our table didn't eat her short ribs.Waiter never offered to replace, she had to ask him to take it away.Hope it was removed from the bill.Wtr glasses were never filled. the waiter then disappeared.I finally had to go up front & ask someone to find him. He gave our host the bill without offering coffee or dessert, We all wanted dessert, especially the woman who hated her meal. Dessert best part of the meal. Our waiter could have been more attentive with so few patrons. Beautiful views are not going to keep people coming back, we can get those somewhere else.Special Features:
- Stay away from seafood buffetislandgirl1127Dined on 8/29/2014For $27.95 I expected better. I'm on a low carb diet so I thought this would be a great choice. I was not looking for quantity but quality taste. Both fish selections were dry and bland. Oysters and clams were average and snow crabs difficult to deal with. Oysters on the half shell were descent.Special Features:
- Sunset Over the BayheartlandchazDined on 8/28/2014Excellent grouper, attended by a dedicated waiter who moved us to the outside deck just in time for the clouds to part and offer up a magnificent sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Dining ExperienceWayneDined on 8/23/2014From the moment i entered the Captain's Table, I was seranaded by a very talented "live" pianist on a baby grande piano in the lobby, greeted by exceptional hostess escorted to a breathtaking view of the harbor at sunset. I was then introduced to the most exceptional server, she was so knowledgable, competent, and gracious, I felt so relaxed that the evening was off to a great start... I ordered one of her suggestions, the presentation was exceptional and seafood was delicious... i'm going to make the Captain's Table a regular visit on my monthly culinary travels !!!!Special Features:
- Grouper?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014We went on a friday night got seated real fast.I order grouper for my meal,The first time I got my plate the order was all wrong,The second time I got my order it was warm not hot.The grouper was fat and dry not like real grouper is tender and tasty.My wife and her friend had the all you can eat seafood they said it was great,That is why I gave it Three stars not one.I do not know if I will be coming back again.Special Features:
- The following 243 reviews are from the The Captain's Table reviews archive.
- Great FoodSylviaDined on 7/25/2014Whether you are taking advantage of the Friday Night all you can eat fish buffet or ordering from the menu, The food is delicious. The buffet has a very nice variety, and I especially enjoy the boiled fish and/or salmon which seems to change from week to week. But the unending crab legs and the peel and eat shrimp are my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Seafood buffet!CrabmanDined on 7/25/2014Friday is their seafood buffet. It was fantastic -- crab legs, oysters, clams, scallop pasta alfredo... they were accommodating to our group and young child as well. Great wait staff as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Dining ExperiencesuegDined on 7/21/2014We went on a Monday night during the month of July! We had reservations and were seated outside on the deck. The scenes were beautiful and watching the dolphins while waiting for our meal was great. Staff was courtesy and attentive. Our party ordered the Dry Rub Delmonico Steak, Seafood Conquistador, and the Seafood Pasta Di Mare which were all delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Very crowded due to 4th holiday-large group nearby- waiter was very pleasant -computers not working so we had a wait for the bill. Part of the problem was the limited menu for the holiday. Always enjoyed our previous visits.Special Features:
- Fabulous sunset and storm!PattimrDined on 6/29/2014We had a wonderful experience there with a beautiful sunset and a storm rolling in. We started outside and then moved under the overhang and then finally were driven in by the storm but it was a wonderful evening. Great food and our server was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.