The Captain's Quarters
3566 N. Milwaukee Ave
Northbrook, IL 60062Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Captain's Quarters
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.captainsnorthbrook.com/
- Phone: 8472985091x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00am -4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday, Saturday 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from The Captain's Quarters
Serving the North Shore since 1977, Captain's Quarters features steak and seafood dishes, including a growing number small shareable plates. With a new owner taking the helm, we look forward to many more innovations in the food and decor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Captain's Quarters reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance2.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)notable wine list (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Terribleluv2eatVIPDined on 8/31/2014We were the only ones in the restaurant and it took forever to get our food....food is so so to bad. When the old owner had the restaurant we would go there two to three times a week.....Menu is limited and the prices higher.
- sgcltdDined on 7/31/2014We've eaten there several times and the food was always outstanding. This time, two people split the hamburger and the catfish, which were both great. My scallops were a bit underdone and had the taste of almost being spoiled. It wasn't because they were too busy. Our food arrived promptly and the place wasn't very busy that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a gempirateduckDined on 7/26/2014The food and service were good but the portions are VERY small and the prices are high for the quantity and quality of food.
- Great friendly neighborhood placebirthday1Dined on 7/16/2014We have been going here approx. once every other week since we found out about it in the fall of 2007. We really liked it under the previous owners but it is even better now.Special Features:
- Giving it 3rd tryGlvw0414Dined on 7/11/2014Location under new ownership since last November. Went on Friday nite. Table available at reservation time. Menu offered prime rib for Friday & Saturday. Took a long time for food to come out of kitchen. Meat on my plate was NOT prime rib. It appeared to be a strip steak. I ordered it to be cooked medium; this was well done. I sent food back and was told that they didn't have prime rib, which should have been noted at the time I placed my order. The potato side order was served when my husband was finished with his entree. Prices are equivalent to a fine dining restaurant and portion size is small. I was offered a free drink to offset the above issue. I don't drink. This was my third visit with the new owner. I won't go back.Special Features:
- Not a Great ExperienceDiner5Dined on 7/5/2014Our server that was not knowledgable of the menu or how the items were prepared. Very slow service, 3 of our 4 meals came out together, while we waited an extra 10 minutes for the 4th meal to arrive. Not being comfortable starting before the last meal was served, but also not wanting to eat our meals cooled off either. The meal finally arrived undercooked and was sent back. Our friend did not want a replacement meal as we were in a hurry to get to our movie. We thought we had planned appropriately, an hour and a half for dinner should have been sufficient but we found ourselves hurrying because of the slow service. Our party left not satisfied as the portions were less than generous. Good thing for popcorn...
- Unfavorable experiencesuburbandinerDined on 7/5/2014We had a 6pm reservation for 4. We arrived on time and were seated promptly. Our server asked for our drink order and returned soon after with our beverages. We then waited 35 minutes for her to return to take our food order. When she did, she did not seem to know the menu or able to answer our menu questions. We then waited another 30 minutes before the soup/salad course was served. Finally, after 1 hour and 25 minutes, our entrees arrived. One of the fish dishes ordered was not thoroughly cooked. There was also a charge on our bill for a soup which none of us ordered. The soup was taken off the bill after we asked.
- good but a bit priceyHankPVIPDined on 6/26/2014Went there because of a coupon. Without the coupon would be overpriced. Food was good with some great beers on tap.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 11 reviews are from the The Captain's Quarters reviews archive.
- PinkyVIPDined on 6/22/2014We were disappointed in this restaurant, we used to like it, but the food is just Medecore . And very small portions, we ordered the fried shrimp and for the money was not worth it. The waitress was good, that is all I can say about it.....
- hidden findladydinerDined on 6/14/2014Food was very good and the service prompt and friendly. Enjoyed this place a lot, neighborhood people, not fancy, went at 5PM and no screaming kids, older group of patrons of which I am one, noise level quiet and could actually carry on a conversation. Nice menu, scallops were very good and friend had prime rib which was done nicely, good size portions, enough to take home a snack for later. Very good quality of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesnt taste goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014The menu is an awkard mix. limited seafood despite the name. Hokey decor, but not really a seafood restaurant Looks like a bar in front. Restaurant needs more focus. Prices are high for what u get, including drinks. Above all food quality is low and unflavorful.
- Neighborhood gemDebbVIPDined on 4/22/2014Good food, good service, close to home. Need I say more?Special Features:
- enjoyedVIPDined on 4/19/2014I have driven by this restaurant for years and decided to finally try it. The food and service were good but we were disappointed because two people in our party ordered prime rib and this was at 7:15 and the waitress came back and said they were out of it. We thought this was a little early to be out of this for a Saturday night.
- Terrible ServicemrrjVIPDined on 4/19/2014I will say that we all enjoyed our meals but the service was terrible. Our waitress was constantly at our table trying to get our order before all of us even had a chance to look at the menu. Once we did place our order we never saw her until our food arrived. We asked a bus boy for more butter, our second round of drinks were finally (after quite a wait) delivered to our table by someone else. She never came to see if everything was o.k. with our meals. We tried to get her attention several times to order another drink and she would never even look towards our table. She was not very friendly and didn't seem to want to be there. Unfortunately, it really made a negative impression on our first visit under new ownership.Special Features:
- Great foodNonnaDined on 4/3/2014Delicious food that is served with a smile. Service is excellent and food is consistently delicious. We have tried different foods on the menu and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfy neighborhood spotDebbVIPDined on 3/29/2014The friendly nature of this place stands out in my mind. But the food and neighborhood location is also front and center.Special Features:
- Lovely gem with a great new ownerGreenie227VIPDined on 2/14/2014Really enjoyed a lovely Valentines dinner with my husband at the Captain's Quarters. Great food, exceptional service, in a little neighborhood gem. Met the new owner, who has some terrific ideas. Can't wait to see how the restaurant develops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MenuhflevVIPDined on 2/9/2014There was a great variety of dinner items -- fresh fish, steak & chops and lighter fare. Owner was very involved to be sure service and food met our expectations. Would definitely go back. Fish or lamb chops next time? Can't choose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service Very Dated DecorZZFamilyDined on 1/25/2014First time at Captains Quarters and we were disappointed in the service and the ambience. Our server was terrible and it wasn't very crowded. The decor of the place is very outdated. You can tell that the restaurant hasn't kept up with the times or repaired things that were broken. The food however was surprisingly good. Fish was fresh and cooked well. Prices were reasonable. It appears that the restaurant is under new management. I would not return or recommend.