The Capital Grille - Washington DC
601 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Washington DC
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 2027376200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Saturday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday – Wednesday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Thursday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Bryan Thomas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Washington DC
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located on the corner of 6th and Pennsylvania.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Capital Grille - Washington DC - Best Restaurants in Capitol Hill ›
The Capital Grille - Washington DC reviews from OpenTable diners
222 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (151)notable wine list (118)fit for foodies (84)romantic (79)great for lunch (61)good for groups (59)vibrant bar scene (47)hot spot (39)neighborhood gem (26)great for brunch (11)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2014I have eaten in a number of Capital Grille restaurants throughout the country and the Cap Grille in DC lives up to the high standards of the others. Had a great bone-in filet with the Kona coffee rub - hard to beat. Excellent service and good wine list. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business lunch placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/10/2014The perfect place for conducting business in a warm, "old time steak house" atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great restaurantLubyVIPDined on 10/8/2014If you want great service, great food, and a great ambiance, Capital Grille is the place to go. Josselyn Essey is the best server in the world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top quality steak houseparkyDined on 10/4/2014Not cheap, but then the quality of the food makes up for it. Service is excellent with experienced wait staff. We were seated within 3 minutes of arriving. It was my wife's birthday so they had sprinkled little party confetti on the booth that was reserved for us. All in all your guests will not be disappointed if you bring them here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFood4youDined on 10/3/2014Very good Service, friendly and very polite and a very good quality of Food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerClearBluLoveDined on 9/26/2014Our Server Daniel, was the Absolute Best, he was Very attentive, timely and accommodating!! Kudos to the chef, the maple glazed salmon was prepared to perfection and crab cakes were prepared with just the right amount of seasoning and NO fillers!!!! My party enjoyed all that was served from the French onion soup to the beautiful grand steak seared to impress the ultimate meat lover!! I would highly recommend the Capital Grille for an Awesome dining experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulDCgirlDined on 9/24/2014If you are looking for a great steak house in DC this is it. Cozy and inviting. Ask for a booth to really make this feel like an old time political dinner....but this doesn't come cheaply...if you have wine count on 130.00 pp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terriffic Food and ServicePaulDined on 9/23/2014We had never been to this Capital Grille before and were very pleased with the service, food preparation , and wine list. Reservations were made 4 weeks in advance and from the discussions, one does not just walk in and expect to get a table, particularly when Congress is in session as it is right across the street from the capitol. We will return again for sure. If staying a local hotel, (we were at 22nd and M), then expect a $10-15 taxi fee.Special Features:
- CONSISTENT!!PaulMikeDined on 9/21/2014Every Capitol Grill I've visited has been deliciously consistent & this is no exception. The food and service was top notch. I would recommend this establishment to anyone who doesn't mind spending a bit more for perfection.Special Features:
- Food was just ok, theft disturbingCharmCityDaveDined on 9/21/2014Food was ok, nothing to complain about but nothing that is going to drag me back either. We had the Special Delmonico Steaks with Kona rubs which were good but should have been served warmer. The Potatoes Au Gratin and Mushrooms were just ok. The Brussels Spout Salad was perhaps the highlight, lots of flavor. Crème Brule for desert of good, but again nothing special. As I drove there it was getting dark so I put my sun glasses away in the over the visor storage. Left after dark so didn't check for my glasses, but they were not there when I went to work in the morning. Search the car, under the seats no where to be found. They were expensive.Special Features:
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014The host was a little rude. Overall, the food and service was amazing, the Lobster Mac and Cheese and all time favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningPBMaxVIPDined on 9/20/2014Wonderful dinner. We went with our 91 year old mother who was in a wheelchair and very "opinionated". Our server Kylie was outstanding and was wonderful with our mother. We will be back.
- great birthdayctmomDined on 9/20/2014Took my son here for his 18th birthday - great food, great table with a view of the US Capitol, great service!Special Features:
- Perfect servicecollegedinerDined on 9/19/2014Absolutely pleased with every aspect of my dinner; the server was knowledgeable and attentive, the food came out timed with how our dinner was progressing, and the suggestions for every course were exactly what my date and I were looking for. Thank you so much to our server Adam, who made the experience one we'll try to replicate soon.Special Features:
- Great service, great food, bad hostMichellinmanDined on 9/18/2014Host was very short with us and we had to wait 15 minutes after our reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerSirReservesALotDined on 9/18/2014I was tasked with picking the restaurant for a business dinner for two men that have worked together for years and me and another new person to the group. The staff was fun and service oriented and put the group at ease. The atmosphere is classy but not stuffy and soon we were sharing stories and enjoying a great meal with new old friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food!YummyVIPDined on 9/17/2014I really appreciate that my waiter suggested a different salad that was simply delicious. Great when you are steered in the right direction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcelenteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Deliciosos y con un ambiente perfecto, es literalmente lo que uno se imagina de WashingtonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasionluv2eatoutDined on 9/13/2014We have a couple of restaurants that we frequent for special events, Birthdays, Anniversaries etc. The Capital Grille is one of them. Never disappointed. The DC Capital Grille is one of our favorites. Location in downtown DC with a view of the Capital adds to the incredible dining experience. We have been to this Capital Grille several times and were never disappointed. Service, food, and ambiance is outstanding. Will definitely return again. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- anonDined on 9/13/2014great waiter, steak could have been hotter. Plate should have been hot so food would be warmerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarvelousPookieDined on 9/10/2014Noisy yet quiet enough for the average conversation to take place.Special Features:
- Saturday Fun at The Cap GrilleMSE1210VIPDined on 9/6/2014We brought another couple with us to The Capital Grille in Washington, DC on Saturday night. We were greeted warmly by the hostess and managers on duty. They put us in a cozy booth in the back, so we could easily chat with our friends. The Wine Manager and the server were both very happy to offer wine recommendations based on our price range. We enjoyed a variety of fresh delicious salads. We all had different cuts of steak, and all were fantastic. We had some sauteed spinach and cream corn with bacon for sides, and everything was really delicious. We also shared some of the fresh desserts to have a little something sweet to end our evening. Everything was first class! We had a total blast.Special Features:
- Foodlover70Dined on 9/4/2014Food, drink, service, ambience were excellent. Restaurant very loud.. I was seated next to a table of six very boisterous customers. I couid hardly hear myself think .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BestDiningIsFunDined on 9/2/2014We were treated like stars. Manny, our waiter went the extra mile. He described the specials in a way that made them sound so delicious, I changed my original selection. When I was concerned with the sharpness of the cheese on the salad, he offered to put it on the side to see if I liked it. We ordered the filet mignon w/crab and my coworker ordered her steak well done. He offered to serve it open. I cannot say enough about him, his service, and his personality. He was kind, courteous, pleasant, attentive, accommodating, and well mannered and just an all around great waiter. Everyone in the restaurant was extremely nice; the restaurant atmosphere inviting. The food was so delicious and full of flavor. This will be our choice for the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dining and wine tastingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014My family came here when we were visiting my brother in DC, and we were really impressed by our whole experience. The kona crusted sirloin and the sea bass were standouts, as was the spinach salad. Three of us tried the wine tasting they had available that evening and it was a really terrific selection of reds and whites. Our server was knowledgeable, friendly and on top of all our needs throughout the meal. We will absolutely return on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DC VisitToniDined on 8/30/2014Made reservations during a DC visit, took about 10 minutes for table to be ready. Service was excellent. Waitress was on top of everything. Food was delicious. Large variety of wine. Pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy dinner at The Cap GrilleMSE1210VIPDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary at The Capital Grille last Saturday night. They set us up at a cozy booth in the back of the restaurant. They put some cute red hearts on the table. We enjoyed crisp and fresh salads. We had phenomenal New York Strip steaks. Then we had a little fun dessert to celebrate our anniversary. The management team congratulated us on our anniversary. Our server made us feel very comfortable to take our time, and to enjoy our evening. It was PERFECT! We will have all of our special occasion dinners at The Capital Grille on Pennsylvania Avenue in DC. Thanks to all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good serviceghawk16VIPDined on 8/28/2014Very good service and exceptional food. The lobster Mac n Cheeze is amazing. Big chunks of lobster! The 30 day aged NY steak was perfectly cooked! Would recommend to allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/28/2014Outstanding experience from the food to the wine and especially to the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cap Grille never disappoints.NathanBishopDined on 8/28/2014Classic place where the service and food is always spot on. Steaks and wine selection is fantastic. Can't go wrong at Cap GillleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 8/26/2014The waiter, Manuel, was excellent. Very accommodating and excellent table side manner! The food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Front desk staff are jerksMinnesotaNice12Dined on 8/23/2014Great food, nice restaurant, but the woman at the front desk is as rude as it gets...
- winoDined on 8/20/2014Excellent service and meal! The host was very pleasant and our server was very knowledgeable of the menu and winesSpecial Features:
- Good but not excellentIEBODined on 8/19/2014Maybe I was expecting more, but for my experience with this kind of quite expensive restourant, the food was good but not excellent, and I had far more better steak than here. The red wine was served from refrigerator (sorry, I'm Italian, red wine should not go in refrigeretor) and the waiter was not very communicative (another one barely speak english). So, my rating is good but but not as expected.Special Features:
- FantasticLisaGDined on 8/18/2014The food and service were both impeccable. Worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatouterVIPDined on 8/17/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Capital Grille. It was Restaurant Week, but we were not treated like second-class citizens. The service was very attentive and the quality of the food was outstanding. There were ample choices for the Restaurant Week special and our waitress was very knowledgeable and helpful. The only downside was that I accidentally left my rain jacket on a chair and had to return the next day to pick it up. The management had found it and saved it for me, so this was not difficult.Special Features:
- Great food+great service=great timeDCNativeDined on 8/17/2014The food was as delicious as always and our server went above and beyond to help without being overly attentive. Extra bonus that we were able to take advantage of restaurant week.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseqdpie78Dined on 8/16/2014I went for restaurant week. Got the lamb which was amazing. I will definitely be back for their regular menu. Excellent service and a beautiful intimate setting though they could use a little more lighting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBandBDined on 8/16/2014The menu for the Restaurant Week was impressive and the Filet was without a doubt the best we have found in this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for workFaceDined on 8/15/2014I wouldn't pay for the food here myself, it was good but massively overpriced for what it was. Was glad I tried this out over restaurant week. Dessert was fabulous but the rest was good to average!I would recommend this to a friend.