The Capital Grille - Tysons Corner
1861 International Drive
McLean, VA 22102Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Tysons Corner
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 7034483900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jeff Surma
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking complimentary for both lunch & dinner.
DIRECTIONS: F R O M 4 9 5 S O U T H ( A L E X A N D R I A , S P R I N G F I E L D ) Follow 495 North to Exit 47. Take Exit 47 A-West 7/Leesburg Pike toward Tysons Corner. Continue on Route 7 West to International Drive and turn right.The Capital Grille parking entrance will be the first drive on the right at 1861 International Drive.
A word from The Capital Grille - Tysons Corner
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located on the corner of International and Route 7.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Capital Grille - Tysons Corner - Best Restaurants in Tysons Corner / McLean ›
The Capital Grille - Tysons Corner reviews from OpenTable diners
186 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (145)notable wine list (86)romantic (82)fit for foodies (74)good for groups (49)great for lunch (45)neighborhood gem (29)hot spot (24)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (13)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- 28th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014The waiter's recommendations were excellent and food portions were very generous. Steaks were excellent nicely seasoned, tender, and huge. Lobster Bisque and French onion soups were delicious. Lobster Mac & Cheese was excellent. Restaurant provided two glass of champagne for a toast and dessert for our anniversary dinner. A very nice way to celebrate an anniversary or special occasion. Cost for two was just under $200 with tax & tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Dinner w/ My FamilyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014It was my brothers birthday and I had mentioned it when making the reservation. They put out Birthday confetti which was a very nice touch and even added a birthday card signed by the staff wishing my brother a happy birthday! They went above and beyond and made sure we had a great meal and surprised us with a birthday dessert (candles included) or should I say desserts (choc cake, coconut cake, and cheesecake). It was all very, very nice and I will definitely be coming back for my birthday or my other brothers! Thanks again so much to Capital Grille for making it a lovely night out!Special Features:
- Very special eveningRonJacDined on 9/27/2014This was a spectacular evening celebrating our Anniversary. We were greeted with a specially decorated table and a card from the staff with anniversary greetings. A champagne toast followed and then on to dinner that was special in every way. We started with the best lobster bisque I have had and on to a specially prepared filet mignon. The night was topped off with a specially prepared dessert that included an anniversary greeting. Our service, provided by Marcello was beyond compare!
- Always amazingBoomerDTDined on 9/24/2014We go to Capital Grille 2-4 times a year. Normally during Restaurant week and for special occasions. Love everyone at the Tyson's Capital Grille. The service is always top notch, the food is always perfect, and if it's not - they make it right. I've never received a bad recommendation from our server, to include the wine we splurged on this time. Yes it's pricey, but absolutely amazing. I highly recommend the Porcini rubbed Delmonico with the 15 yr aged balsamic. It is meat candy.Special Features:
- Ideal for Business LunchPoppieVIPDined on 9/24/2014Great service and menu with a lot of choices. The great thing is ththere is plenty to choose from in terms of price, quantity and types of food. Meat predominates. But plenty of fish and vegetarian meals. Service is at the right pace and excellent.Special Features:
- RobRobCDined on 9/19/2014A perfect place to celebrate a birthday. They even gave us a signed birthday card.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- craving a steakOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/18/2014it's been a while since i'd eaten here and it was better than i remembered - the service, the food - all really great.Special Features:
- jincy1VIPDined on 9/16/2014The experience was really quite wonderful. the food was very good and the service was attentive, polite, knowledgeable, and efficient!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in the WORLD1stclassdiningDined on 9/16/2014A First Class experience every time. It's not often you get professionalism and great food but when you do you have to be at the CAPITAL GRILLE TYSON CORNER!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/13/2014Our favorite restaurant. Our server Angela helps make this a memorable experience each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchJimmyD5CCDined on 9/8/2014Recently had lunch at Tyson's location with my wife and son. The service was excellent and so was the food, except for my burger which I had to send back for one that was medium rare. We love the original Capital Grill in Providence, but the Tyson's Grill is just as good.Special Features:
- JanneDined on 9/6/2014I just love the Capital Grille's lobster bisque with the abundant chunks of lobster. During this anniversary dinner, I ordered the steak and lobster meal. The filet was extremely tender and really could be cut with your fork and the lobster topping was cooked perfectly. The meal was a bit too much for me and would have preferred a half order. There were two filets! The personalized note card wishing us a happy anniversary was just another touch of special service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealMrTheTayDined on 9/5/2014Going to Capital Grill always exceeds my expectations with great food and service. The steaks and seafood were nothing short of spectacular. Although we have been frequent dinners in the past it was my daughters first time dining at Capital Grille and our waiter Rustam took the extra time to go over the menu choices with her. Just a great experience all around. Looking forward to a return trip soon.Special Features:
- Slow DownRANDYDined on 9/5/2014Our Waiter, "Coach", needed to have slowed down and allowed us more time to review, discuss the menu and specials cited; respectively. Coach made us feel rushed. Other then that, he provided good service, receiving a cash 20% tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/2/2014Very nice lunch in a refined atmosphere. Many good selections on the menu.Special Features:
- Great location and ambianceTeresaDined on 8/29/2014This is the perfect spot for a business lunch, we enjoy the quiet environment, the delicious food and the superb service.Special Features:
- FantasticDowntownJonVIPDined on 8/27/2014What can I say? By far the best steakhouse (and more) in the DC area - downtown location is awesome too. Pricey but well worth the dining experience. Had dinner at the Tyson's location mid-week. Food was excellent, the waiter treated us like kings, the place was jammed. Fantastic experience through and through.Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversay ExperiencerichkauzDined on 8/26/2014This is the second time we have come to the Capital Grille to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We were seated at a table festively decorated and with a best wishes card signed by the staff on duty that evening. The food was outstanding -- we both chose filets that were prepared to perfection. The wine was excellent -- thanks to the advice of our server Jack. He was attentive and helpful throughout the meal. The complimentary dessert of chocolate and cheesecake was the perfect end to a perfect meal. We will be back for #48 next year and probably before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulieLGDined on 8/22/2014Food and atmosphere always perfect. Our go to place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent and goodKimvaDined on 8/21/2014We have never been disappointed at Capital Grille -- food and service has always been excellent. We love it when they have generous pour promotion.Special Features:
- Very classy placeDktran31VIPDined on 8/20/2014Celebrated my mom's birthday here. I noted it in my reservation, they put small decorations on our table, the wait staff told my mom happy birthday and they even gave us complimentary dessert! Service was excellent! Food was superb as well. We ordered the dry-aged 14 oz ribeye ($58) and Chilean sea bass. The steak was terrific. The sea bass was the biggest piece I've ever seen, also the most expensive at $44. We also had sautéed spinach ($12) as a side. Great service and food and classy environment, AND complimentary valet! One thing that I did not like was the fact that they use electronic candles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service - average foodLucyfurVIPDined on 8/20/2014We were disappointed with the food. The mozzarella on the caprese sale was incredibly dry. The sea bass was so-so. One steak was good but the sliced filet minion had loads of salt on it. The sides were good.
- Thank you, Generous Pour...sparker1077VIPDined on 8/17/2014My dad and I went for restaurant week / the generous pour and we loved every minute of it. Great food and great wine at a great price.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and serviceMikeDined on 8/17/2014There were five of us and we enjoyed our meals. The portions were a good size and the service was excellent. I started with the lobster bisque, which was very thick and had many pieces of lobster. The others each had steak, but I had one of the specials: Salmon Oscar. There was a lot of crab on top of the salmon, and I enjoyed my meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningKarenKVIPDined on 8/17/2014This restaurant consistently serves outstanding food and drinks. The service is excellent and I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Jb reviewjbsbDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food and service. Definitely recommend. We were there for restaurant week and the food provided for the special was exceptional. They did not sacrifice quality or quantity. JbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DC Restaurant Week/OUR AnniversaryMattyDined on 8/16/2014I love DC Restaurant week, I have been in three Restaurants. Capital Grille in Tysons Corner thus far was the very best. Rustam was a professional in every sense of the word, who made our experience a more memorable one.Special Features:
- Delicious Filet MignonYum703Dined on 8/15/2014Won't go too much in detail about food because I'm not a food critic, I have my own acquired taste but the menu offers just about variety of options if you're not a huge steak lover. I'm not head over heals about steak but the Bon-In Kona Crusted T-Bone was just tough enough with juice in every bite. The filet mignon was so easy to cut thru and cooked just how I requested (medium with just enough pink in the middle... It was pink). The service was superb. I do recommend dressing up but I saw people wearing tasteful casual wear and got by. It's really dim lighting, very intimate but is saw big groups of 5-7. Love the decor, fits well and not over the top. Dessert... Cheesecake and the flour less chocolate cake was on point after a heavy mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MRoldanDined on 8/15/2014The food was great and the service was excellent. The best place to go during restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Capital Grille always pleases!TagalongDined on 8/15/2014Once again, The Capital Grille made a very special occasion of our evening, as I took my son and his friends to a special dinner to celebrate their college plans for the coming year! Wonderful food! Great service! Excellent Restaurant Week menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, great foodNishaDined on 8/15/2014Our server made our night. Even though it was restaurant week, he was willing to make exceptions for some of the items on the list. He also brought me out some sorbet when I told him I was allergic to shellfish, but the table had ordered a shrimp appetizer. All in all, food was good, but I would go back for the service alone. :)Special Features:
- Just excellent!DCgirlVIPDined on 8/15/2014Five ofus enjoyed Restaurant Week at the Tyson's location and it was a very generous selection and regular menu portions - really wonderful steaks and the mashed potatoes were out of this world. Will definitely be back to try other wonderful-looking selections on the menu!Special Features:
- very niceDonnaDined on 8/15/2014Great steak and excellent vine, outstanding, professional staff. Very nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/15/2014We visited the Capital Grille for lunch during restaurant week. The clam chowder was very good but could have been served hotter. The sirloin steak salad was very tasty as were the desserts. Unfortunately, we had a small surprise at the end. The price of the wine on the bill was double what we expected to pay - apparently they provided us with an out of date menu where we ordered a wine that they no longer carry but that has a similar name to one that they did carry at twice the cost. The waitress quickly adjusted the bill but we felt awkward about having to mention it. The waitress by the way was wonderful.Special Features:
- The Capital Grille Mclean TysonsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Overall experience is good, I had high expectation before I walked in the restaurant as it was my first time dining there. I felt it was no difference than if I was dining at Cheesecake factory or the like. I understood because it was the restaurant week the restaurant was much busier than normal. The steak I had,at least to me, was very salty, which I think it was their signature steak but I can not remember the name. Do I want to go back again, I think it is maybe, but it is likely I will go back in next year's restaurant week or if there is a good promotion going on from them again.Special Features:
- sandyVIPDined on 8/14/2014Great restaurant. The best food ever!! They made my birthday a special event with the table décor and the 2 desserts!!! The best.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantRonJacDined on 8/14/2014My wife and I enjoyed a terrific lunch with food I found to be at the "wow" extraordinary level (filet mignon) and service by Jose beyond compare. We now include this on our very short list of restaurants for a very special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Great food and service.................................................................Special Features:
- As expected!MLC825Dined on 8/13/2014I was told by my colleagues that this place was great so my expectations were high since I work with foodies, however this exceeded my expectations. Food was amazing, service was pleasant and everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Seafood and steaks! what else?KlassmannDined on 8/12/2014We had a great dining night at The Capital Grille and the restaurant week menu gave us the opportunity to taste the amazing clam chowder, the perfect mignon steak wiht jumbo shrimps and the incredible cheesecake for dessert! They have great wines in the place also!Special Features: