The Capital Grille - Tysons Corner
1861 International Drive
McLean, VA 22102Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Tysons Corner
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (703) 448-3900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jeff Surma
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking complimentary for both lunch & dinner.
DIRECTIONS: F R O M 4 9 5 S O U T H ( A L E X A N D R I A , S P R I N G F I E L D ) Follow 495 North to Exit 47. Take Exit 47 A-West 7/Leesburg Pike toward Tysons Corner. Continue on Route 7 West to International Drive and turn right.The Capital Grille parking entrance will be the first drive on the right at 1861 International Drive.
A word from The Capital Grille - Tysons Corner
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located on the corner of International and Route 7.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Capital Grille - Tysons Corner - Best Restaurants in Tysons Corner / McLean ›
The Capital Grille - Tysons Corner reviews from OpenTable diners
216 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (171)notable wine list (111)romantic (90)fit for foodies (86)good for groups (61)great for lunch (54)neighborhood gem (33)vibrant bar scene (27)hot spot (22)late-night find (15)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Great food, great service.TonyCDined on 11/22/2014My wife had the steamed lobster and I had the filet mignon. Both cooked to perfection. "Coach" did an outstanding job in taking care of us. This was a special occasion for my wife and I and we both are extremely satisfied with our experience. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pkcinmcleanVIPDined on 11/20/2014Service is always from very good to outstanding. A great place and value for business lunches, providing a lot of flexibility for every budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HelloDined on 11/19/2014Very good, but pretty noisy and crowded. Tables very close together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for power lunching!katmahanduDined on 11/18/2014Great for power lunches and special dinners. Not a place for kids (I have 2) unless they are well behaved. Very nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service -- Fire AlarmDogWalkerFCDined on 11/12/2014In spite of the fire alarm which resulted in the restaurant shutting down early, we had a great time & were able to enjoy our meal. We both had the chef specialty: tenderloin & lobster. We each like our steaks cooked differently - both were to perfection. Service was outstanding, as it's been each time we've eaten there. The fire alarm was handled well without panic. We were able to complete our meals but not order dessert. The manager gave us a $25 certificate plus desserts as an apology. Very nice -- no complaints on our side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above average, could be better...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Capital Grille is where I go to close business deals, so expect over the top service...Usually CG fits the bill, but was lacking this time. Waitress was pushy and interrupted several heated business discussions...After this occurred several times, I finally had to tell her "we'll call you when we're ready." Food generally prompt and tasty, but they took the bread away too quickly, including the butter, so I had to flag down someone to get butter for my "loaded" baked potato which was cold. We all ordered Baileys and coffee after the meal and two of us sent ours back for being cold..Even then it could have been hotter. With a tip, the meal was close to $500 for four of us...For that price we typically expect fewer meal challenges.Special Features:
- Great food and service as always!!!luv2eatDined on 11/9/2014We like to go here for special occasions and they never disappoint!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still love it!ChiefVIPDined on 11/7/2014I have been to CG several times ( DC and Tysons) but this was my wife's first trip. The service was not up to standard ( never took drink order from me and had to ask twice for wine list) but the food was fabulous and greatly surprised my foodie wife. Definitely going back and worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoachOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/1/2014Todd and Gorgon always make us feel like we are home. Saturday, "Coach" was our server. He was perfect, and made a special occasion even more specialSpecial Features:
- Great StaffLewisVIPDined on 10/29/2014Great dining experience with a client..Friendly greeters, taken to table immediately, attentive staff, even valet parking crew were 4.0Special Features:
- Very good meal!LAB613Dined on 10/28/2014Great location for a business lunch. The hostess was on her A-game as I had on a navy blue suit and I did not have to ask for a black napkin! Our meals were very good including dessert. Prompt service. Our waiter was a little formal but pleasant. No real engagement just business for him but he met our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday Dinner EVEROpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014So impressed with the staff and service at the Capital Grille, especially the attention to detail. We were there to celebrate my birthday. When we arrived at the table, it was decorated with confetti and a handwritten birthday card. The fact that the management does little things like that, really makes this restaurant stand out.Special Features:
- Never Disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/25/2014Great food, great service from Angela and Michael & James at the bar. You always know what to expect and CG never disappoints.Special Features:
- my experiencefoodloverDined on 10/25/2014great place for special occasions and smaller groups. food as always very special and deliciousSpecial Features:
- Capital GrilleWashingtonsman1Dined on 10/24/2014The food was great and the service was spot on...the seafood tower is a great opener that serves four with no problem.Special Features:
- Just not the sameStiggVIPDined on 10/23/2014I have gone for too many years to Capitol Grille. It's ubfortubate but the food really seems to be going down hill (at least at this location). Ate there twice this week. Ordered chicken and porterhouse to split. Both were awful. Chicken bland and porterhouse was not s good cut and tough. Next night tried salmon. Asked for it blackened. Forgetting the chef clearly does not know how to do blackened the salmon was overlook and not just for me but for another person that ordered it. In the last few months have gone with groups and all comment the meat is not as good. Service is always a 10! Wish food was as good and don't get what has changed. Maybe new chef or maybe not as good quality steak and fish. Sides are a ten!Special Features:
- Consistently great!Djs73VIPDined on 10/14/2014We had another fantastic meal at Capital Grille. We had the sea bass and the fillets with lobster tails. Both were prepared perfectly. Staff is always on point. Cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CompsychDined on 10/14/2014Was disappointed in the quality of the food. Everything ordered was JUST ok! Have frequented the Baltimore location and never been disappointed.
- Food perfectly cooked and presentedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014Everything was a home run our evening there. Service flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great buisness lunchanthonyVIPDined on 10/9/2014Lunching with a new client. Food and service were great. I will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/9/2014To celebrate my son's birthday, it was an excellent experience! The food and our server were perfectSpecial Features:
- PleasedPatronDined on 10/7/2014Met with friends - food was great - hardly anyone in the bar, yet two reserved tables - our group of 4 was simply having a drink at 5:00 pm before our 5:30 dinner reservation - no one was at the bar tables - nor where they filled when we ended dinner at 6:30 pm. I thought it odd that we had to sit on bar stools near the window rather than sit together at one of the three open tables (2) with a reserved sign on them - the other nestled in a corner where 4 would not fit. The waiter was courteous - kept trying to take away the bread and calamari before the plate was empty - I recommend asking before his hand is stretched across the table. We were with great friends and had great food - that outweighed any of these minor observations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital GrilleJimmyD5CCDined on 10/6/2014IF you are looking for a classy steak house to dine out - the Capital Grille should be your first choice.Special Features:
- Perfect service and excellent foodjcwomanDined on 10/4/2014I took my husband for a birthday dinner and we had a very good time. There were no faults with either the food or service. I will definitely return to the Capital Grille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- N/aServey08Dined on 10/2/2014Restaurant was good environment; great for a business lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed the markAdamVIPDined on 9/30/2014Just a bad experience with the wait but management was very good to remedy situation unfortunately we did not eat.Special Features:
- 28th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014The waiter's recommendations were excellent and food portions were very generous. Steaks were excellent nicely seasoned, tender, and huge. Lobster Bisque and French onion soups were delicious. Lobster Mac & Cheese was excellent. Restaurant provided two glass of champagne for a toast and dessert for our anniversary dinner. A very nice way to celebrate an anniversary or special occasion. Cost for two was just under $200 with tax & tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Dinner w/ My FamilyCarbLoverLexyDined on 9/27/2014It was my brothers birthday and I had mentioned it when making the reservation. They put out Birthday confetti which was a very nice touch and even added a birthday card signed by the staff wishing my brother a happy birthday! They went above and beyond and made sure we had a great meal and surprised us with a birthday dessert (candles included) or should I say desserts (choc cake, coconut cake, and cheesecake). It was all very, very nice and I will definitely be coming back for my birthday or my other brothers! Thanks again so much to Capital Grille for making it a lovely night out!Special Features:
- Very special eveningRonJacDined on 9/27/2014This was a spectacular evening celebrating our Anniversary. We were greeted with a specially decorated table and a card from the staff with anniversary greetings. A champagne toast followed and then on to dinner that was special in every way. We started with the best lobster bisque I have had and on to a specially prepared filet mignon. The night was topped off with a specially prepared dessert that included an anniversary greeting. Our service, provided by Marcello was beyond compare!
- Always amazingBoomerDTDined on 9/24/2014We go to Capital Grille 2-4 times a year. Normally during Restaurant week and for special occasions. Love everyone at the Tyson's Capital Grille. The service is always top notch, the food is always perfect, and if it's not - they make it right. I've never received a bad recommendation from our server, to include the wine we splurged on this time. Yes it's pricey, but absolutely amazing. I highly recommend the Porcini rubbed Delmonico with the 15 yr aged balsamic. It is meat candy.Special Features:
- Ideal for Business LunchPoppieVIPDined on 9/24/2014Great service and menu with a lot of choices. The great thing is ththere is plenty to choose from in terms of price, quantity and types of food. Meat predominates. But plenty of fish and vegetarian meals. Service is at the right pace and excellent.Special Features:
- RobRobCDined on 9/19/2014A perfect place to celebrate a birthday. They even gave us a signed birthday card.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- craving a steakOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/18/2014it's been a while since i'd eaten here and it was better than i remembered - the service, the food - all really great.Special Features:
- jincy1VIPDined on 9/16/2014The experience was really quite wonderful. the food was very good and the service was attentive, polite, knowledgeable, and efficient!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in the WORLD1stclassdiningDined on 9/16/2014A First Class experience every time. It's not often you get professionalism and great food but when you do you have to be at the CAPITAL GRILLE TYSON CORNER!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/13/2014Our favorite restaurant. Our server Angela helps make this a memorable experience each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchJimmyD5CCDined on 9/8/2014Recently had lunch at Tyson's location with my wife and son. The service was excellent and so was the food, except for my burger which I had to send back for one that was medium rare. We love the original Capital Grill in Providence, but the Tyson's Grill is just as good.Special Features:
- JanneDined on 9/6/2014I just love the Capital Grille's lobster bisque with the abundant chunks of lobster. During this anniversary dinner, I ordered the steak and lobster meal. The filet was extremely tender and really could be cut with your fork and the lobster topping was cooked perfectly. The meal was a bit too much for me and would have preferred a half order. There were two filets! The personalized note card wishing us a happy anniversary was just another touch of special service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealMrTheTayDined on 9/5/2014Going to Capital Grill always exceeds my expectations with great food and service. The steaks and seafood were nothing short of spectacular. Although we have been frequent dinners in the past it was my daughters first time dining at Capital Grille and our waiter Rustam took the extra time to go over the menu choices with her. Just a great experience all around. Looking forward to a return trip soon.Special Features:
- Slow DownRANDYDined on 9/5/2014Our Waiter, "Coach", needed to have slowed down and allowed us more time to review, discuss the menu and specials cited; respectively. Coach made us feel rushed. Other then that, he provided good service, receiving a cash 20% tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.