The Capital Grille - Troy
2800 West Big Beaver Road
Troy, MI 48084Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Troy
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (248) 649-5300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Saturday: 11:00am – 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 4:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Connery
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Troy
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in the Somerset Collection-NorthContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
The Capital Grille - Troy - Best Restaurants in Troy ›
The Capital Grille - Troy reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (108)notable wine list (73)fit for foodies (66)romantic (61)great for lunch (39)vibrant bar scene (36)good for groups (30)neighborhood gem (24)hot spot (22)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (7)scenic view (6)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Great B-day celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/20/2014Made a reservation through open table specified whats the occasion for , very surprise that they decorated the table with confetti, a card from the staff for the celebrant and a very nice plate of dessert with a Happy B-day. Price is on the high side , but for special occasions it was well worth it . Not to forget the most important person during lunch. The most important part , the staff were very nice ,very accommodating to your needs , special mention to Melvin who serve us not only he was patient with us, very nice in explaining our questions regarding the menu and most of all he has a good sense of humor, would recommend him to be your server , kudos Melvin!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Handled special request really well. Thank you!DMandfamilyVIPDined on 11/15/2014I asked the Capital Grille to accommodate a special request for my elderly mother. They handled it beautiful making the entire luncheon a perfect event for all of us. Many thanks to the staff at the Capital Grille Troy. The food and service is always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this place years ago and I Still doStonej01Dined on 11/12/2014This restaurant is one of the best I have ever been to. The food is always excellent and the atmosphere is nice for a small group of friends or an intimate one on one with your significant other. My wife and I made this years anniversary dinner location the Capital Grille and we were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeBelvyDined on 11/9/2014They always do a great job! The staff is very knowledgable regarding the food and wine. Consistently the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentErikDined on 11/8/2014Great food and great service! They made sure our special night out was truly special. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant good locationzbillybaddVIPDined on 11/8/2014Great steaks. Great service. Good wine list. Nice atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Everything about our dining experience was phenomenal. The server Shannon was extremely informative and professional. The food was excellent and the special gratis desert for our anniversary was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cocktails and food!Luv2eatoutVIPDined on 11/2/2014Stoli Noly(?) their signature pineapple vodka cocktails is amazing! Ribeye was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Service Declining?TastyFoodDined on 11/2/2014We have enjoyed dinner at the Minneapolis and Troy locations on several occasions prior to our dinner with you this past Sunday evening. I was surprised and somewhat disappointed by the overall service level provided by the wait staff. They seemed to have far too many tables to cover which resulted in slower and much less personal service than I have become accustomed to in my past outings at your restaurants. Our waitress did make good efforts to alleviate the impacts of this situation, but overall the quality of service was not up to the standard I have experienced in the past and not commensurate with the price position of the Restaurant. The food continues to be delicious, however, and I expect it will draw us back again.Special Features:
- Back for MoreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Our first visit to Capital Grille was for Mrs. Logan's birthday. Joi was truly a "joy"as a server then as she was the second time around. We will always request her due to her amazing service. She always goes above and beyond to assist with choices but is also respectful and observant in her timing. The food was awesome as usual. We will of course be back!
- My Server TonyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Not only was the food excellent and perfectly prepared, our server Tony Sereno was the best server i have ever had in all of my dining experiences. He was always there at the right time for whatever we needed and had a great sense of humor. He went above and beyond by sending us home with a container of the delicious soup and a bag of the Capital Grille coffee that we raved about all night! He truly was the best and a wonderful person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off night?JimboDined on 10/30/2014Dined in bar area. Might have been my mistake. Shared soup and 2 appetizers. Every thing was good, but not great like capital grill used to be. For these prices , I will not rush back.Special Features:
- the best filetgingerDined on 10/29/2014Cooked perfectly to medium rare, seasoning was outstanding. Charred just right.Special Features:
- it was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014the food was delicious. Service was phenomenal. We always have a great time at the Capital GrilleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High standards well metAnitableVIPDined on 10/23/2014Because my husband requires a good steak every week, we dine at an upscale steak house weekly. This week we dined twice where steak is the main feature and ordered the porterhouse for comparison. The one that we had earlier in the week was more expensive, but the Capital Grille's outshone. It was more tender, juicier, and more flavorful. Both restaurants claimed their steaks were "prime" and, of course, charged accordingly. Capital's prime was truly prime and, considering the high quality of the meat, a good value. Also, Capital's preparation was more professional whereas the competitor's presentation was more "showy" but the steak not as well prepared and therefore dry and not quite medium rare. We will return to Capital Grille.Special Features:
- Lovely DinnerNaplesgirlVIPDined on 10/19/2014We recently celebrated Sweetest Day at the Capital Grille. Even though we had a reservation, we were asked to wait while someone else was being seated. Ten minutes later the hostess arrived to seat us. We have no idea why it took so long. We were given a very nice booth along the back wall, intimate and comfortable. Then we waited for the waiter. I finally asked the hostess when she walked by if there was a server for our table. Within a few minutes our server showed up. From then on the evening was wonderful. Our dinners were expertly prepared and arrived in good time. Our waiter was attentive and aimed to please.Special Features:
- wonderful food and ambiencediningguyDined on 10/19/2014Great steak and seafood restaurant with wonderful service, old school dining with low noise level and lower lighting. Great for a relaxing evening out. One is treated with respect and courtesy, adding to a nice evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeDSobieDined on 10/18/2014We go there every year on our aniversary The service and the food are incredibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond disappointingbogichgDined on 10/18/2014Had reservations but still weren't seated until 30 minutes after the reservation. Order a medium-rare filet, it was served well done and had to send it back it was supposed to be topped with crab meat, it was topped with lobster (no explanation given), the side order of brussel sprouts were undercooked and the caprese salad was mediocre (that's being generous). Overall, the meal is what I would have expected at a Friday's but at Capital Grille prices.
- Never a disappointmentCarloDined on 10/17/2014Food, Service and wine are all first class. The best beef in Troy,MI. They really know how to make a proper Manhattan cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014Our waiter was outstanding - he served our table on 10/16 at 1pm. It was the anniversary of my mom's death and the waiter was so attentive and compassionate - just outstanding!Special Features:
- GreatSemilyDined on 10/13/2014We were surprised with this wonderful restsurant, we hesitated as it is inside the Mall, but it was excellent and outstanding serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We have been eating at steakhouses in Troy for years when we visit. This is definitely the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerDebbiDined on 10/11/2014I took my husband for his birthday. Our steaks were cooked perfectly (kona encrusted bone-in filet & pecorino encrusted delmonico). We had the lobster mac & cheese, which is very amazing with huge chunks of lobster. We also had the brussel sprouts with bacon, which were quite dry. Still tasty, but we ended up adding butter. Waiter said he'd heard the same complaint & that the chef would have to figure something out. They sprinkled the table with birthday confetti, wrote a nice little card, & brought out 2 desserts on a plate with Happy Birthday stenciled in chocolate. Nice surprise! We were in a semi-private room, but seated next to a party of 15, so that's why I knocked of a star on ambiance. The noise level was a little high.Special Features:
- Always Great Food!ButtoneerVIPDined on 10/5/20146 in our party for dinner on a Sunday. Place was pretty empty with games on tv. Food was great, service was excellent with Shannon, and a nice time was had by all. One of the lamb chops was tough so kitchen made up a fresh one, let us take home the meat for the dog, and also whipped up another batch of mashed potatoes for us.Special Features:
- littleannieDined on 9/27/2014The service was extremely slow and even the entree's were good, one of them had to be returned to the kitchen twice to finally get it right. We ordered potatoes au gratin and half of the potatoes were not cooked.Special Features:
- Lunch at The Cappeh127Dined on 9/27/2014The Cap is always a great choice for a delicious lunch or dinner. Service was great and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The food was excellent, however getting a table was difficult, despite reservations, we still had to wait nearly an hour to be seated. Once we finally got a table, every aspect after that was excellent.Special Features:
- anniversaryHappywifeDined on 9/19/2014Staff did an excellent job making our anniversary special. Rose petals on the table, picture in a frame, and free dessert. These were all nice touches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapointing dinnerEuromom98VIPDined on 9/19/2014This is a regular dining spot for our group of 6 foodies. We keep coming back because it is always perfect, and we like that! Even though it is a chain, you forget that during dinner. We started with a lost reservation. Finally after a bit we were found and seated. OK. So began a dinner served with fits and starts and a constant stream of "I'm sorry" from our server. None of us really believed that she was after a while. Soup came cold. Eventually that was noticed and replaced. Came warm this time, I just ate it. Dinners were almost flung at us. All the sides(4) were cold. Steaks all undercooked for everyone. Now we could have said something, but send everything back? We all agreed at end of the meal to move on to others pastures.Special Features:
- Great food Fair ServiceDardar02VIPDined on 9/17/2014Had reservations, took 45 minutes past reservation time to get table. Once seated service was slow, food was great! All said and done there for three hours for two of us.Special Features:
- Best Place for a MealFrankVIPDined on 9/16/2014I love the Capital Grille no matter what city I travel to where they have a location. The food is always consistent and excellent and the service is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakhouseZingerDined on 9/13/2014Always a great experience at the Capital Grille. The steaks are prepared perfectly and the seafood is phenomenal. The prices are up there but well worth it if its for a special occasion. The Service is the among best we have had around and the staff is always helpful and fun to dine with. If your looking for a great place to get an awesome steak or a great place to take a loved one, heres your placeSpecial Features:
- OutstandingDetroitDinerDined on 9/12/2014What a steak house should be. I had the porcini rubbed delmonico which was perfect. My wife had the bone-in filet, which made me regret my order! Chef accommodated us by letting us special order chocolate souffles for dessert. Most importantly, the service is impeccable. There when you want them, away when you don't. Our server made excellent suggestions with no hint of pretense.Special Features:
- foodfreakVIPDined on 8/30/2014We got to the Capital Grille just in time to enjoy the wine package, and we really made out! We had the sesame encrusted tuna, the red snapper special and the Delmonico steak which were all very tasty, but the strip steak was a huge disappointment. It was tasteless and overdone and the tomato mozzarella salad was forgettable. Our server was fabulous and we had a great time and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service-alwaysCjkFfidDined on 8/29/2014Went for anniversary - server provided everything from rose petals on table to complimentary appetizers and beautiful dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodDebbiDined on 8/28/2014My son and I went to try this place out. I had the filet, Kona encrusted. It was very good and cooked perfectly (rare). My son had the porcini rubbed delmonico, which was also cooked perfectly (rare) and was AMAZING! I loved the kona rub, but the porcini was even better! The lobster mac and cheese was very yummy, although a very mild cheese. The wedge salad was good. The roasted wild mushrooms were also very good. We did not have room for dessert. Our waitress let us know that you could put any rub on any steak, which is how I ended up with a kona encrusted filet. I wanted to try the kona, but wanted a filet too. I was very glad she let us know!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foog was decentKellz019Dined on 8/27/2014The food was decent but was not worth the price i had to pay for. Got the samon and the asapargus were half raw.Special Features:
- Mrs. HofmanncapgrillepatronsDined on 8/23/2014This is the first time in years that we have had a bad experience at this restaurant. When we first arrived the male host was quite obnoxious and interrupted the hostess in the middle of speaking to us. Salad was drenched with dressing, it was replaced...so ok. Food came and was barely warm but we did not send it back. I ordered seared tenderloin with lobster and one of the tenderloins tasted like liver...when we ordered more wine, the waitress brought back water which we did not order and after I said we ordered wine, she said she thought we nodded when asked about more water. On the positive side the waitress was really the best we have had there, and except for her bringing the extra Fiji water I do not have any complaints about her.
- ExcellentCAJ1Dined on 8/23/2014Great for a special occasion. Can't beat the food and service. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.