The Capital Grille - Troy
2800 West Big Beaver Road
Troy, MI 48084Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Troy
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 2486495300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Saturday: 11:00am – 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 4:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Connery
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Troy
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in the Somerset Collection-NorthContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Capital Grille - Troy - Best Restaurants in Troy ›
The Capital Grille - Troy reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (89)notable wine list (68)romantic (56)fit for foodies (41)great for lunch (37)good for groups (28)vibrant bar scene (27)neighborhood gem (19)great for outdoor dining (18)hot spot (18)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- littleannieDined on 9/27/2014The service was extremely slow and even the entree's were good, one of them had to be returned to the kitchen twice to finally get it right. We ordered potatoes au gratin and half of the potatoes were not cooked.Special Features:
- Lunch at The Cappeh127Dined on 9/27/2014The Cap is always a great choice for a delicious lunch or dinner. Service was great and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The food was excellent, however getting a table was difficult, despite reservations, we still had to wait nearly an hour to be seated. Once we finally got a table, every aspect after that was excellent.Special Features:
- anniversaryHappywifeDined on 9/19/2014Staff did an excellent job making our anniversary special. Rose petals on the table, picture in a frame, and free dessert. These were all nice touches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapointing dinnerEuromom98VIPDined on 9/19/2014This is a regular dining spot for our group of 6 foodies. We keep coming back because it is always perfect, and we like that! Even though it is a chain, you forget that during dinner. We started with a lost reservation. Finally after a bit we were found and seated. OK. So began a dinner served with fits and starts and a constant stream of "I'm sorry" from our server. None of us really believed that she was after a while. Soup came cold. Eventually that was noticed and replaced. Came warm this time, I just ate it. Dinners were almost flung at us. All the sides(4) were cold. Steaks all undercooked for everyone. Now we could have said something, but send everything back? We all agreed at end of the meal to move on to others pastures.Special Features:
- Great food Fair ServiceDardar02VIPDined on 9/17/2014Had reservations, took 45 minutes past reservation time to get table. Once seated service was slow, food was great! All said and done there for three hours for two of us.Special Features:
- Best Place for a MealFrankDined on 9/16/2014I love the Capital Grille no matter what city I travel to where they have a location. The food is always consistent and excellent and the service is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakhouseZingerDined on 9/13/2014Always a great experience at the Capital Grille. The steaks are prepared perfectly and the seafood is phenomenal. The prices are up there but well worth it if its for a special occasion. The Service is the among best we have had around and the staff is always helpful and fun to dine with. If your looking for a great place to get an awesome steak or a great place to take a loved one, heres your placeSpecial Features:
- OutstandingDetroitDinerDined on 9/12/2014What a steak house should be. I had the porcini rubbed delmonico which was perfect. My wife had the bone-in filet, which made me regret my order! Chef accommodated us by letting us special order chocolate souffles for dessert. Most importantly, the service is impeccable. There when you want them, away when you don't. Our server made excellent suggestions with no hint of pretense.Special Features:
- foodfreakVIPDined on 8/30/2014We got to the Capital Grille just in time to enjoy the wine package, and we really made out! We had the sesame encrusted tuna, the red snapper special and the Delmonico steak which were all very tasty, but the strip steak was a huge disappointment. It was tasteless and overdone and the tomato mozzarella salad was forgettable. Our server was fabulous and we had a great time and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service-alwaysCjkFfidDined on 8/29/2014Went for anniversary - server provided everything from rose petals on table to complimentary appetizers and beautiful dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodDebbiDined on 8/28/2014My son and I went to try this place out. I had the filet, Kona encrusted. It was very good and cooked perfectly (rare). My son had the porcini rubbed delmonico, which was also cooked perfectly (rare) and was AMAZING! I loved the kona rub, but the porcini was even better! The lobster mac and cheese was very yummy, although a very mild cheese. The wedge salad was good. The roasted wild mushrooms were also very good. We did not have room for dessert. Our waitress let us know that you could put any rub on any steak, which is how I ended up with a kona encrusted filet. I wanted to try the kona, but wanted a filet too. I was very glad she let us know!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foog was decentKellz019Dined on 8/27/2014The food was decent but was not worth the price i had to pay for. Got the samon and the asapargus were half raw.Special Features:
- Mrs. HofmanncapgrillepatronsDined on 8/23/2014This is the first time in years that we have had a bad experience at this restaurant. When we first arrived the male host was quite obnoxious and interrupted the hostess in the middle of speaking to us. Salad was drenched with dressing, it was replaced...so ok. Food came and was barely warm but we did not send it back. I ordered seared tenderloin with lobster and one of the tenderloins tasted like liver...when we ordered more wine, the waitress brought back water which we did not order and after I said we ordered wine, she said she thought we nodded when asked about more water. On the positive side the waitress was really the best we have had there, and except for her bringing the extra Fiji water I do not have any complaints about her.
- ExcellentCAJ1Dined on 8/23/2014Great for a special occasion. Can't beat the food and service. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always OutstandingtootlesDined on 8/22/2014Perfect evening..food,service and ambieance It is our favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchdiningoutVIPDined on 8/21/2014My recent lunch at Capital Grille was wonderful. The food was very good. The dark wood and white table cloths gave an atmosphere of a dated men's club. I felt like my waiter was over-extended, not really having tiime for my sisters and me.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week Dinner at C.G.foofdieVIPDined on 8/20/2014We were seated after a short wait. Drinks were offered. Both R.W.menu and regular menu were offered. Caesar salad was okay. Clam chowder was okay. We both had bone in strip sirloin steak. Mine came too well done and was replaced by one cooked perfectly. I did not find my steak very flavorful, my husband like his. Sams mashed potatoes were delicious, but small portion. Green beans were fine. Bread basket was good with delicious hot rolls. Cheesecake for dessert was good. It was a decent meal, but I think the food is better not during R.W. and the portions are larger. I will return, and would recommend C.G. Water glasses were kept full, and iced tea replaced often. All in all, a good, not great, experience.
- Great service recoveryGPWericDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I were dining to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. We were very impressed that they had decorated the table with rose petals and confetti along with a note card congratulating us on the occasion. Our server, Karen Kennedy provided excellent service throughout our meal. When my wife's steak was served to rare for her taste, Karen promptly had the steak corrected and returned with additional sides and a complimentary bottle of Moet & Chandon. The manager visited our table to ensure we were satisfied. We were not complaining at all and they were very gracious to make sure we had a great evening.Special Features:
- The perfect dining experience!foodieDined on 8/20/2014The atmosphere, food and service were all perfect! Our waiter Moe made the experience very special. The filet was wonderful and cooked perfectly. The clam chowder and salads were great. The Generous Pour wine event is something that we come back for every time it is offered - it is a great way to try many different wines and we loved 90% of them. Try to save a little room for the flour less chocolate cake - it melts in your mouth and tastes great!Special Features:
- Dinner at CGOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014Capital Grille is renowned for its steaks but the salmon is also very good for those in your party that do not eat beef. Our dinner was top notch, the Generous Pour wine special should not be missed by anyone who enjoys fine wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MEREDined on 8/19/2014The Capitol Grille provides an all around great dining experience from food quality and service to ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eveninglarrylawyerVIPDined on 8/19/2014My food was good. Unfortunately my wife had a bad experience as her filet mignon was undercooked initially and the Chef failed to correct it after two more tries. The manager did step up however by giving my wife a second filet and taking the cost of the first one off the bill. Her second one was much better. Our waiter Tony was exceptional. A jewel.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week's BestMWMIVIPDined on 8/19/2014The Capital Grille offered an amazing deal for lunch during Troy Restaurant Week. Having dined here twice during Restaurant Week, I found the food to be superb and the service excellent all for a very reasonable cost.Special Features:
- CelebrateTrioofdinersVIPDined on 8/18/2014The staff and dining details are superb, particularly when dining and celebrating a special occasion. Extensive wine list. Numerous delicious selections for dining.Special Features:
- Dependably deliciousfoodieVIPDined on 8/18/2014Best calamari, bar none! Seafood tower wonderful, if you have space prior to devouring the best steaks around! Bone in rib-eye is terrific. They always cook steaks to perfection. Do not miss the Generous Pour event they do every year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jomommaDined on 8/18/2014They never fail to deliver excellent service and delicious food! the salmon is what keeps us coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AUG 16CriticextroadinaireDined on 8/16/2014CELEBRATED WIFES BIRTHDAY... TABLE WAS PREPPED WITH FESTIVE GARNISH AND A NOTE FROM THE RESTAURANT WAITER WAS VERY ATTENTIVE AND KEPT THE PACE THAT WE REQUESTED FOOD WAS VERY PREPARED PROPERLY AND TASTED GOOD - WE SPLIT AN ENTREE AND KITCHEN SERVED IT SPLIT, AS IT SHOULD. SALADS WERE GENEROUS AND TASTY...MEAT WAS DELICIOUS, ASPARAGUS SIDE WAS ALSO VERY GOOD WAITER BROUGHT SMALL COMPLIMENTARY DESSERT FOR TWO AND A BIRTHDAY CANDLE- ALSO VERY GOODSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatJackieDined on 8/6/2014Everything was good but as nice as our waiter was we always had to ask someone to find him. And that was annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Lunch at Capital GrillfoofdieVIPDined on 8/5/2014I went to C.G. with two girlfriends to celebrate my birthday. The table had rose petals on it, as well as glitter type pieces that said Happy Birthday etc. I have had dinner there many times over the years, and in Boston and Boca Raton . The services is generally quite good..When you sit down they ask for drink orders and bring ice water and delicious hot rolls that are worth eating. I had the lobster bisque which I've had many times before. It was delicious, but quite expensive, something like $10 or $12, for small cup. I don't remember the price being so high, but it was delicious.I had arugla salad with twin 4 oz. filets, go back medium rare as ordered. They brought a complimentary dessert it was good. I would return & recommend to allSpecial Features:
- Near MissVandyVIPDined on 8/2/2014I have been a long term client of The Capital Grille and its one of my favorite all time spots. That said, SAturday night was a special event for my wifew and our service was way off! Hoping its a one time glitch.Special Features:
- Medicore @ bestgolfdivaDined on 8/2/2014Having dined at various locations of the Capital Grille, I must say we were somewhat disappointed in the food the night we chose to dine at the Troy, MI location to celebrate our Grandson's birthday. The crab legs were luke warm, overall it was a disapointing experience & one we are not anxious to have again. Next year Morton's
- ExcellentCAJ1Dined on 8/2/2014While we typically go to the Capital Grille for special occasions, it never disappoints! Food and service could not have been better.Special Features:
- deliciousMarciDined on 8/1/2014We were so impressed by our server. She was friendly and knowledgable. She was there to please us!! The food was served promptly and everything was delicious and piping hot. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the side dishes were all amazing!! We even had leftovers. There were 7 of us and we sat at a round table which is the only way to chat with everyone!! Capital Grille really blows away all the other steakhouses. It's pricy but worth it.Special Features:
- Always Wonderful!DrThoughtDined on 7/30/2014'Once upon a time', years ago, we felt that the Capital Grille was rather 'full of itself', too trendy, and way too expensive. Today I can happily say it is one of my wife's and my favorite spots for dinner. The service is impeccable and friendly and the food is consistently excellent. Side portions are huge, and designed for sharing... enough for four people. I love that I can request a different pairing with main courses, easily accommodating special diets or wishes. In warmer weather, eating is available for outdoors. The Grille's dining room is a beautifully appointed environment, designed for intimate dining while surrounded by original paintings of Detroit's historical automotive icons.Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationlive2eatDined on 7/28/2014We celebrates out 7th wedding anniversary here. We got the royal treatment: rose petals on the table, complimentary champagne and dessert. My favorite was the steak tartare appetizer. Then we ordered the delmonico (t-bone) which was delicious. I thought the sides (creamed spinach and Au gratin potatoes) were standard. Beautiful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unparalleled ExperiencesBhamDadVIPDined on 7/26/2014If you are looking for a restaurant that continues to defy expectations, then look no further than the Capital Grille. Each and every time we dine, it is a memorable experience. The food is consistently top shelf. The bartenders go that "extra" mile with the pours. But their service is what truly makes them distinct from the other steak establishments in town. You would be hard pressed to find a friendlier host than Joey. His knowledge of the wine list and professionalism is extraordinary. Same said about Ryan on the waitstaff. He goes the extra mile each and every time you dine. He has our orders memorized, drinks are brought out as we settle in. Truly the most professional waiter in Detroit. Great managers in establishment too.Special Features:
- Not as good as I rememberedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014We shared the sea bass and filet they were good, roasted potatoes were barley warm, they did replace with mashed potatoes not what we wanted and did not charge us for them. Had to wait for them to find the bottle of wine we ordered. Service was just ok.
- Great experienceJjfoodies11Dined on 7/12/2014Quality food, great service, & extensive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently deliciousfoodieVIPDined on 7/11/2014No matter which capital grill you visit, always delicious. Generous pour is a great deal for wone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.