The Capital Grille - Tampa
2223 North Westshore Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Tampa
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 8138309433x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Saturday: 11:30am – 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday – Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: James Shields
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Tampa
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in the International Plaza.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Capital Grille - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
The Capital Grille - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (95)notable wine list (65)romantic (63)fit for foodies (41)good for groups (35)great for lunch (27)neighborhood gem (19)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (11)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Food and winechavezDined on 9/13/2014We had a great time with friends and tasty wine. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/13/2014Excellent food, prepare perfectly. Steak was and is the best in Tampa BaySpecial Features:
- Wow what a burger!TrainkcVIPDined on 9/12/2014Decided to hit the Capital Grill for lunch, heard the burgers were great and yes they were!Special Features:
- Outstanding Birthday DinnerluveatingoutDined on 9/6/2014We celebrated my birthday with dinner at Capital Grille. We had booked through Open Table and requested a booth as well as alerting them to the birthday celebration. Everything was great! Our table was decorated with birthday confetti and card upon seating, and we had a booth. We received a complimentary birthday dessert with candle! Our waiter was absolutely the best! His timing was great, he was friendly and we had great conversation with him. When you go, ask for Jerome.Special Features:
- Great food, huge portionsTomtim90Dined on 9/5/2014The food was amazing. My wife had the lamb and I had the delmonico. For the price, you simply can not beat such large portions. My steak was cooked perfectly as was my wife's lamb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lack lusterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014Out if quail eggs for the Beef tartar, and didn't tell us in advance. Instead gave a half char broiled chicken egg. My Parmesan crusted filet came butterfield and pre-slicedSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Servicegunner94Dined on 8/25/2014We really enjoyed our server - Yee-Tar Zee - who made a special dinner really fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak, Fine ServiceTVDadDined on 8/23/2014Tampa is known for great steak houses. Even though Capital Grille is a chain, I would include this place among the finest in town. Located at the International Mall, valet parking is complimentary with your meal. Everything on the menu is a la carte and expensive. However, you get what you pay for. The portions are large, well presented and delicious. The service is top notch, even when they are busy. Let them know ahead of time if you are celebrating a special occasion. They will go out of their way to make it memorable for you.Special Features:
- FABULOUSLoriDined on 8/16/2014Dinning at Capital Grille is always wonderful and delicious . We always have a delightful evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef must've been off their gamediningintampaDined on 8/16/2014Delmonico steak was great as always. Husband picked out 5 bones in his Sea Bass.Special Features:
- Bone in filet scrumptious!FirsttimerDined on 8/15/2014Chef special of bone in filet from porterhouse steak was fantastic. Paired with the Kendall Jackson wines it was a meal to remember. Can't forget the truffle fries!Special Features:
- What a PorterhouseChefVIPDined on 8/14/2014Onething that was a negative and I dont know if it is a mistake by Opentable or CG but they did not know I was allergic to Blue Cheese. CG said it came over from OT like I like blue cheese, BIG MISTAKE!!! The food was fantastic, once he got the martini right, it was delicious and they were very generous on taking the cost off. I also had to send back my steak as it was raw not a warm red. I/ we would definitely return. We have one in Boca Raton and we would never go back thereas they dont compare. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceLovefoodDined on 8/14/2014We had a delicious dinner here, but there was a lot Of noise from the two tables beside us, we can't even hear ouselves. But the service and food were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food. OK ServiceKinsaleSurferDined on 8/9/2014Food is perfect. Generous Pour was not generous. Tiny wine glasses and small pours. If I had bought a bottle of wine or brought my own you can be sure that the server would be topping up my glass every minute. However when Capital Grille have a $25/head Generous Pour wine event the glasses are special small ones that are way smaller than the nice big glasses you get when buying a bottle. The pours are really tiny - like a 1.5 to 2oz "tasting" pour. Two sips and your glass is empty. Then you have to wait for waitress and ask again and I felt she had an attitude like "oh no they want more". This is the second year I am disappointed with Generous Pour wine event. I will not participate again.Special Features:
- Just amazingUGA56Dined on 8/9/2014This was mine and my wife's second visit to The Capital Grille, and it was just as awesome as the first time. We highly recommend it. The "Sliced Filet" was absolutely perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great early bird experienceGudFudLuverDined on 8/7/2014We sat at the bar and chatted with the very knowledgeable bartender about the 7 wines on the Generous Pour list (essentially an "all you can drink" option with dinner that includes those 7 wines and a Chardonnay dessert wine). It was our 15th wedding anniversary and the table had been decorated with small heart-shaped graffiti and two long stem roses (!) and we were greeted with a complimentary glass of champagne. Our waiter, Michael, was a class act all the way through the meal (2+ hours long!). We ordered the grouper special and the bone-in filet mignon; both were excellent. The Oscar potatoes are a "must have" and my wife fawned over the creamed corn. The half-order sizes of the side dishes was perfect for us. Overall a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JMC90VIPDined on 8/3/2014Enjoyed a family dinner here. The service was flawless and the food is amazing. Must try the lobster mac and cheese. The prices are high but the food and service make it worth the money.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Heard great things about this restaurant so maybe this was just an off day. Our server was very friendly but it took entirely too long to get our food. Restaurant was empty when we first arrived & it still took 1 1/2 hours to get out of there. The lobster & crab cakes app was really good. We ordered a filet (medium) & a sirloin (med-rare) but the temps were switched which ruined both steaks for us. We declined their offer to redo the steaks because it just took too long to get the first ones. Thankfully they took both steaks off the bill. The mac & cheese and mashed potatoes sides were delicious. Dessert choices were lacking so we settled on ice cream which again took way too long to get to us. Probably won't be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good....VeryPleasedDined on 8/2/2014We love eating at Capital Grille and have never been disappointed. This time was no different except that I didn't really care for the Black Grouper. It was under seasoned and the edemame salad left something to be desired. Overall, still a highly rated restaurant that we enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service perfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/29/2014The timing & attentiveness of our service during a business lunch was "spot on"! BravoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Time!MeeeVIPDined on 7/23/2014My wife and I went once again. Our previous experience had a few bumps and the Managing Director asked us to return. The service, food and attentiveness made for a great experience - the kind of experience we always look forward to when making a reservation at any Capital Grille. They also surprised us with some additional goodies, making our evening all that much better. We will definitely 'talk it up' about our experience, recommend it to friends, and certainly return.Special Features:
- Awsome First VisitUGA56Dined on 7/23/2014My wife and I both had the sliced Filet Mignon and absolutely loved it. We also really enjoyed the Generous Pour wine special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful anniversary.winrobaaaDined on 7/19/2014Thank you for another wonderful anniversary dinner. We love enjoying the Generous Pour every July and love the fact that it coincides with our annversary. Our server, Dana H., was wonderful. She helped us with our dining choices and they were perfect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/19/2014Always a wonderful meal! Our server Terry is always so professional & attentive! Makes our evening a pleasure! Only issue was the AC vent that was so powerful & cold that we had to change seats & made for a little issue for the person it was hitting! Noticed the table next to us had to play musical chairs too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic fun and delishiousHarryVIPDined on 7/19/2014We always enjoy a lunch or Dinner at the Capital.. We would also say that Shaun the bartender is our go to service person here. He is the bartender so if he is working the bar we eat at the bar.. He is worth it for sure!! He has a great attiontion to detial always pleasent and looking for some little way to make our experiance better.. The food is good so if your reading this try it out you wont be dissapointed. We eat here a lot and Shaun is worht checking out as well!Special Features:
- Always Excellent!TrainkcVIPDined on 7/18/2014Clearly the Capital Grill is one of the best in the country and a personal favorite for our family.Special Features:
- Coming BackPennyDined on 7/18/2014Great business luncheon place. Server Yee Tar Zee is great.Special Features:
- Normal SteakhouseFoodieCoupleDined on 7/12/2014Capital Grille was a good steakhouse but nothing outstanding our out of the normal. My husband and I enjoy eating at various restaurants and I guess could call ourselves foodies. With that said, we were a little disappointing in Capital Grille. It offered a very small, plain steakhouse menu without a lot of variety. It was all great food, but not anything unusual or spectacular that I would choose it over other steakhouses. If you are looking for a great steak this is a good place to go. The staff was very friendly and attentive and the atmosphere was similar to other high-end steakhouses. It just felt like it was missing something special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/7/2014Consistent, wonderfully prepared food. Service is welcoming and thorough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealPatCVIPDined on 7/5/2014We had a guest that wished to discuss some business and we had the perfect, quiet table for such a meeting and meal. Danielle was professional and efficient as always, totally unobtrusive as she timed the dishes so that the meal did not interrupt the business discussion. The special surf and turf was incredibly tasty and filling, as was the wonderful dessert which my husband loves so much - the flourless chocolate cappuccino cake - what a delight to see him enjoy this treat! As always, The Capital Grille performed as perfectly as always, and as always, will have us as loyal customers. Thank you for being here and for your talented staff.Special Features:
- Business DinnerAllbusinessDined on 6/29/2014We were all from out of town and decided to meet at Capital Grille for dinner. We were seated immediately at our reserved time. We were given appropriate time by the wait staff to talk before we preserved our entrees. Wine selection was outstanding. The dry run steaks were cooked perfectly. I had the halibut which was thick but flakey. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet surprise.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Made our reservation on Open Table's app for my best friends birthday and in the comment section I mentioned we'd be celebrating her birthday. When we arrived we were escorted to our table. They had the table decorated with confetti, a rose, and a birthday card for Catie. We also were given a complimentary champagne tost and desert for the birthday girl, which we all shared. To top off our experience the wait staff was amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply a Superb Dining Experience!!Foodie19Dined on 6/28/2014Starting with our server greeting us by name to the amazing dinner, our entire experience was outstanding! We actually shared and appetizer, salad and dinner and still took home leftovers. Highly recommend The Capital Grille to anyone!Special Features:
- Great food and servicegreenbeenVIPDined on 6/26/2014Had lunch with my friend last week. The waiter, Chris, was very attentive and the manager, Ken, came over several times to see if we were doing OK. The food was fantastic and we will frequent this lovely restaurant again and again. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- lunchbill57kathyVIPDined on 6/25/2014The wait staff was attentive and efficient. They allowed us to talk business and did not interrupt. We had a great lunch and were able to conductr our business that is why I use your restaurants nationwide when I travel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceRRODDined on 6/21/2014Roses at table for Anniversary was an unexpected wonderful touch. Michael our server was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuestionableTariDined on 6/20/2014I have eaten here before and it was excellent, but not so today. The well done meat was burnt - that is more than well done. It was barely edible. The plate was delivered to another table first and then the person who brought it from the kitchen did not understand why I saw that as a problem. I felt that he should have taken it back.
- Always greatDaveLutzDined on 6/15/2014The food and drinks are always great. Service is attentive without being interruptive. Shaun our waiter was great too.Special Features:
- ExcellentLizzyVIPDined on 6/14/2014Everything is always perfect. Best lobster macoroni and cheese and Fliet mignon was cooked flawlesslySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A touch of class!BillDined on 6/14/2014This restaurant is among the best! A little too pricey for most but a step above for others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.