The Capital Grille - Tampa
2223 North Westshore Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Tampa
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (813) 830-9433
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Saturday: 11:30am – 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday – Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: James Shields
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Tampa
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in the International Plaza.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
The Capital Grille - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)romantic (61)notable wine list (58)fit for foodies (46)good for groups (34)great for lunch (27)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (12)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- pmspostalDined on 11/23/2014Food was good, dining room too dark, we could barely read the menus. Staff was polite but not very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was alright.ajt426Dined on 11/22/2014Lobster Mac n cheese was really good. The kona sirloin was decent. I personally prefer Bern'sSpecial Features:
- Great service and excellent food!adgirl15Dined on 11/22/2014Our waiter, Travis, was attentive and friendly. Everything we had was delicious: lobster crab cakes, steak, mojitos. The lobster bisque was my absolute favorite from any restaurant. The cheesecake was amazing as well. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb DiningDrMomDined on 11/15/2014The Capital Grille was a very pleasant surprise. I did not expect such professionalism from the staff, such excellent food or such a rich atmosphere...after all, it's a chain restaurant, right? Sure did not seem so! The delicious and perfectly cooked food, as well as the superb service from the staff, could rival Bern's Steakhouse. I am looking forward to returning for another wonderful restaurant experience...and bringing friends!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of Sea ScallopsHyphensDined on 11/9/2014We had an early reservation for Saturday night, and was surprised that they were out Sea Scallops. Two of our guest had their hearts and tummies set on scallops. They both ended up with the chicken and were not happy with it. The chicken was "okay" but not great. Everything else was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parking nightmareOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/8/2014Overall it was very good, but it would better if located away from the mall. The valet parking was terrible since you're competing with everyone else going to the mall and other restaurants. They should have separate valet at Capital Grille. We had to run in the rain over to the valet stand in front of mall to get our car and wait forever.
- Excellent as alwaysCharleysDined on 11/7/2014I love the Capital Grille, it is consistently amazing. It is one of the top high end lunch places available and priced very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UndercookeddougatcfiDined on 11/1/2014I normally love Capital Grill, but this time they undercooked my filet quite a bit and it was a bit fatty and chewy.Special Features:
- Capital GrilleAngieDined on 11/1/2014Great food! Great service! We dined with friends and it was a fun, relaxing dinner. Did not feel rushed.Special Features:
- Never a disappointmentGTRATTYDined on 10/31/2014Started with a lovely conversation with Anna, the bartender, then great service and food from the staff in the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly GoodtampinianDined on 10/30/2014My husband and I typically avoid chain restaurants, but when we got a $50 gift card to Capital Grill we knew we had to give it a shot. We got a mix of apps and sides and it was all delicious. The staff was super friendly and prompt and the food was presented beautifully. Would recommend to friends and will go again soon!Special Features:
- LSSBBSreviewsVIPDined on 10/29/2014We had an amazing server, Briana. She did everything perfectly. Food and wine we terrific. This restaurant deserves a great review!!!Special Features:
- Very good business lunchLWRFoodieDined on 10/28/2014We ate here with a business rep and everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableDianaCDined on 10/17/2014The Capital Grille is consistantly good with excellent service. I almost always order the filet but all their steaks are wonderful. Great atmosphere and worth the high prices for special occassions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableGregDined on 10/16/2014Very enjoyable and wait staff did an excellent job. I thought the wine list was a bit over priced but has a decent selection. The meal was good but certainly not the best steaks we have had in the area. Overall, we enjoyed the dinning experience.Special Features:
- Always perfectionjameilDined on 10/12/2014Atmosphere was warm and relaxed. Very inviting. Service was exceptional. Food was excellent. Always a pleasure to dine at the Capital Grill.Special Features:
- One of the best dinners ever!MomzNiteOutDined on 10/11/2014Omg! I took my friend for her birthday. They had the table sprinkled tastefully with foil confetti, a card and a red rose. They brought us a taster of their famous Stoli Doli. The procuitto mozzarella appetizer was to die for! The Delmonico (not seasoned) was the best steak I've ever had. You must get the lobster mac n cheese! They did a beautiful dessert for her too. What a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jboracerDined on 10/11/2014If you're looking for a restaurant with impeccable service, a knowledgeable and attentive staff and (by the way) great food, the Capital Grill will surely not disappoint. Looking forward to visiting again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceFinickyVIPDined on 10/10/2014Wife's birthday. Table was tastefully decorated and a large red rose was on the table. Fantastic service and great food. Great for romantic dinners and business dinners. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great dining and always reliable.KathyinCharlestonVIPDined on 10/7/2014We always have a great experience at this restaurant. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. The food is delicious. Loved the fresh mozzarella in their version of Insalate Caprese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- went for our anniversarylindarDined on 10/7/2014The food is amazing. I had the Steak special, he had the porterhouse. Both of our steaks were cooked exacty as we had requested. The service is top notch. zero complaints about The Capital Grille.Special Features:
- Delightful and a treatbastogneDined on 10/4/2014A nation-wide chain to be sure, but dining at the Capital Grille is akin to an evening at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and, definitely, a better experience than Morton's of Chicago which has lost its edge in recent years. Pricey but the quality of food and services are on par for the amount of money you'd spent at such a fine restaurant. Worth a try on a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerkbsnaggleDined on 10/3/2014We had a great time for my father's birthday dinner. Our waiter was very attentive and quick. He also went out of his way to take us to the stairs and take a big family picture to commemorate the big day. The food was excellent. Overall it was a great experience and one that I think my father will remember for years to come.Special Features:
- Always GreatSnobbydinerDined on 10/3/2014I always love coming here. I took my family to dinner to celebrate my wife's birthday. I alerted Erin to this when she called to confirm my reservation. When we got there, everyone wished her a happy birthday and when we got to our table there was a long stem rose, card, and confetti on our table. The food as always was extraordinary. I highly recommend the Kona Rub on your steak. Last but not least was our server Mike. He was attentive, friendly, and a true partner to the experience. I love this restaurant and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful servicefood4thoughtVIPDined on 9/25/2014Chase was an excellent server from the start. He welcomed us, asked us if we had been before, asked us if we had any time constraints to be aware of, gave great advice on the menu when we asked questions, followed every step of etiquette (refolding napkins when we used the power room), and just made our lunch a true pleasure.
- ThoughtfulAMIerDined on 9/24/2014We took Mom for her 89th birthday. They gave us complimentary champagne, gave her a rose with sparkles on the table, a handwritten birthday card and an amazing dessert. It was such a special and thoughtful thing for them to do. The food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local favoritefamilymanDined on 9/23/2014We've been here several times, but since this was our 25th wedding anniversary the staff really went out of the way to find us a quiet, romantic table, decorated with a rose and heart confetti, brought champagne cocktails and a special dessert! It was a very romantic night! Thank you Capital Grill. PS they even had a hand-written card!Special Features:
- HarryDined on 9/22/2014dined for my wife's birthday - upon arrival table had a long stem rose, and waiter greeted us with champagne. the food was excellent, served promptly, hot, and very, very good. we were then surprised with a personalized dessert. this was our first time and we will return. a great upscale place to have a special occasion dinner.Special Features:
- ExcellentMeeshDined on 9/19/2014Lobster mac-n-cheese and Delmonico were delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalDavidKVIPDined on 9/17/2014I travel a lot, and when a fine dining opportunity comes up, the Capital Grill always fills the bill, whether it's Tampa, Phoenix, Dallas or LA. I am based in Atlanta, Georgia and when home, if a special occcasion arises, I always select Capital Grille - it is always the tops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and winechavezDined on 9/13/2014We had a great time with friends and tasty wine. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BGHJRHVIPDined on 9/13/2014Excellent food, prepare perfectly. Steak was and is the best in Tampa BaySpecial Features:
- Wow what a burger!TrainkcVIPDined on 9/12/2014Decided to hit the Capital Grill for lunch, heard the burgers were great and yes they were!Special Features:
- Outstanding Birthday DinnerluveatingoutDined on 9/6/2014We celebrated my birthday with dinner at Capital Grille. We had booked through Open Table and requested a booth as well as alerting them to the birthday celebration. Everything was great! Our table was decorated with birthday confetti and card upon seating, and we had a booth. We received a complimentary birthday dessert with candle! Our waiter was absolutely the best! His timing was great, he was friendly and we had great conversation with him. When you go, ask for Jerome.Special Features:
- Great food, huge portionsTomtim90Dined on 9/5/2014The food was amazing. My wife had the lamb and I had the delmonico. For the price, you simply can not beat such large portions. My steak was cooked perfectly as was my wife's lamb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lack lusterDavidbVIPDined on 8/27/2014Out if quail eggs for the Beef tartar, and didn't tell us in advance. Instead gave a half char broiled chicken egg. My Parmesan crusted filet came butterfield and pre-slicedSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Servicegunner94Dined on 8/25/2014We really enjoyed our server - Yee-Tar Zee - who made a special dinner really fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak, Fine ServiceTVDadDined on 8/23/2014Tampa is known for great steak houses. Even though Capital Grille is a chain, I would include this place among the finest in town. Located at the International Mall, valet parking is complimentary with your meal. Everything on the menu is a la carte and expensive. However, you get what you pay for. The portions are large, well presented and delicious. The service is top notch, even when they are busy. Let them know ahead of time if you are celebrating a special occasion. They will go out of their way to make it memorable for you.Special Features:
- FABULOUSLoriDined on 8/16/2014Dinning at Capital Grille is always wonderful and delicious . We always have a delightful evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef must've been off their gamediningintampaDined on 8/16/2014Delmonico steak was great as always. Husband picked out 5 bones in his Sea Bass.Special Features: