The Capital Grille - Tampa
2223 North Westshore Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Tampa
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 8138309433x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Saturday: 11:30am – 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday – Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: James Shields
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Tampa
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in the International Plaza.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
The Capital Grille - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)notable wine list (69)romantic (65)fit for foodies (44)good for groups (37)great for lunch (27)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (11)great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Always reliableDianaCDined on 10/17/2014The Capital Grille is consistantly good with excellent service. I almost always order the filet but all their steaks are wonderful. Great atmosphere and worth the high prices for special occassions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableGregDined on 10/16/2014Very enjoyable and wait staff did an excellent job. I thought the wine list was a bit over priced but has a decent selection. The meal was good but certainly not the best steaks we have had in the area. Overall, we enjoyed the dinning experience.Special Features:
- Always perfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/12/2014Atmosphere was warm and relaxed. Very inviting. Service was exceptional. Food was excellent. Always a pleasure to dine at the Capital Grill.Special Features:
- One of the best dinners ever!MomzNiteOutDined on 10/11/2014Omg! I took my friend for her birthday. They had the table sprinkled tastefully with foil confetti, a card and a red rose. They brought us a taster of their famous Stoli Doli. The procuitto mozzarella appetizer was to die for! The Delmonico (not seasoned) was the best steak I've ever had. You must get the lobster mac n cheese! They did a beautiful dessert for her too. What a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jboracerDined on 10/11/2014If you're looking for a restaurant with impeccable service, a knowledgeable and attentive staff and (by the way) great food, the Capital Grill will surely not disappoint. Looking forward to visiting again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceFinickyVIPDined on 10/10/2014Wife's birthday. Table was tastefully decorated and a large red rose was on the table. Fantastic service and great food. Great for romantic dinners and business dinners. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great dining and always reliable.KathyinCharlestonVIPDined on 10/7/2014We always have a great experience at this restaurant. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. The food is delicious. Loved the fresh mozzarella in their version of Insalate Caprese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- went for our anniversarylindarDined on 10/7/2014The food is amazing. I had the Steak special, he had the porterhouse. Both of our steaks were cooked exacty as we had requested. The service is top notch. zero complaints about The Capital Grille.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerkbsnaggleDined on 10/3/2014We had a great time for my father's birthday dinner. Our waiter was very attentive and quick. He also went out of his way to take us to the stairs and take a big family picture to commemorate the big day. The food was excellent. Overall it was a great experience and one that I think my father will remember for years to come.Special Features:
- Always GreatSnobbydinerDined on 10/3/2014I always love coming here. I took my family to dinner to celebrate my wife's birthday. I alerted Erin to this when she called to confirm my reservation. When we got there, everyone wished her a happy birthday and when we got to our table there was a long stem rose, card, and confetti on our table. The food as always was extraordinary. I highly recommend the Kona Rub on your steak. Last but not least was our server Mike. He was attentive, friendly, and a true partner to the experience. I love this restaurant and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful servicefood4thoughtVIPDined on 9/25/2014Chase was an excellent server from the start. He welcomed us, asked us if we had been before, asked us if we had any time constraints to be aware of, gave great advice on the menu when we asked questions, followed every step of etiquette (refolding napkins when we used the power room), and just made our lunch a true pleasure.
- ThoughtfulAMIerDined on 9/24/2014We took Mom for her 89th birthday. They gave us complimentary champagne, gave her a rose with sparkles on the table, a handwritten birthday card and an amazing dessert. It was such a special and thoughtful thing for them to do. The food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local favoritefamilymanDined on 9/23/2014We've been here several times, but since this was our 25th wedding anniversary the staff really went out of the way to find us a quiet, romantic table, decorated with a rose and heart confetti, brought champagne cocktails and a special dessert! It was a very romantic night! Thank you Capital Grill. PS they even had a hand-written card!Special Features:
- HarryDined on 9/22/2014dined for my wife's birthday - upon arrival table had a long stem rose, and waiter greeted us with champagne. the food was excellent, served promptly, hot, and very, very good. we were then surprised with a personalized dessert. this was our first time and we will return. a great upscale place to have a special occasion dinner.Special Features:
- ExcellentMeeshDined on 9/19/2014Lobster mac-n-cheese and Delmonico were delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalDavidKVIPDined on 9/17/2014I travel a lot, and when a fine dining opportunity comes up, the Capital Grill always fills the bill, whether it's Tampa, Phoenix, Dallas or LA. I am based in Atlanta, Georgia and when home, if a special occcasion arises, I always select Capital Grille - it is always the tops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and winechavezDined on 9/13/2014We had a great time with friends and tasty wine. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BGHJRHVIPDined on 9/13/2014Excellent food, prepare perfectly. Steak was and is the best in Tampa BaySpecial Features:
- Wow what a burger!TrainkcVIPDined on 9/12/2014Decided to hit the Capital Grill for lunch, heard the burgers were great and yes they were!Special Features:
- Outstanding Birthday DinnerluveatingoutDined on 9/6/2014We celebrated my birthday with dinner at Capital Grille. We had booked through Open Table and requested a booth as well as alerting them to the birthday celebration. Everything was great! Our table was decorated with birthday confetti and card upon seating, and we had a booth. We received a complimentary birthday dessert with candle! Our waiter was absolutely the best! His timing was great, he was friendly and we had great conversation with him. When you go, ask for Jerome.Special Features:
- Great food, huge portionsTomtim90Dined on 9/5/2014The food was amazing. My wife had the lamb and I had the delmonico. For the price, you simply can not beat such large portions. My steak was cooked perfectly as was my wife's lamb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lack lusterDavidbVIPDined on 8/27/2014Out if quail eggs for the Beef tartar, and didn't tell us in advance. Instead gave a half char broiled chicken egg. My Parmesan crusted filet came butterfield and pre-slicedSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Servicegunner94Dined on 8/25/2014We really enjoyed our server - Yee-Tar Zee - who made a special dinner really fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak, Fine ServiceTVDadDined on 8/23/2014Tampa is known for great steak houses. Even though Capital Grille is a chain, I would include this place among the finest in town. Located at the International Mall, valet parking is complimentary with your meal. Everything on the menu is a la carte and expensive. However, you get what you pay for. The portions are large, well presented and delicious. The service is top notch, even when they are busy. Let them know ahead of time if you are celebrating a special occasion. They will go out of their way to make it memorable for you.Special Features:
- FABULOUSLoriDined on 8/16/2014Dinning at Capital Grille is always wonderful and delicious . We always have a delightful evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef must've been off their gamediningintampaDined on 8/16/2014Delmonico steak was great as always. Husband picked out 5 bones in his Sea Bass.Special Features:
- Bone in filet scrumptious!FirsttimerDined on 8/15/2014Chef special of bone in filet from porterhouse steak was fantastic. Paired with the Kendall Jackson wines it was a meal to remember. Can't forget the truffle fries!Special Features:
- What a PorterhouseChefVIPDined on 8/14/2014Onething that was a negative and I dont know if it is a mistake by Opentable or CG but they did not know I was allergic to Blue Cheese. CG said it came over from OT like I like blue cheese, BIG MISTAKE!!! The food was fantastic, once he got the martini right, it was delicious and they were very generous on taking the cost off. I also had to send back my steak as it was raw not a warm red. I/ we would definitely return. We have one in Boca Raton and we would never go back thereas they dont compare. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceLovefoodDined on 8/14/2014We had a delicious dinner here, but there was a lot Of noise from the two tables beside us, we can't even hear ouselves. But the service and food were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food. OK ServiceKinsaleSurferDined on 8/9/2014Food is perfect. Generous Pour was not generous. Tiny wine glasses and small pours. If I had bought a bottle of wine or brought my own you can be sure that the server would be topping up my glass every minute. However when Capital Grille have a $25/head Generous Pour wine event the glasses are special small ones that are way smaller than the nice big glasses you get when buying a bottle. The pours are really tiny - like a 1.5 to 2oz "tasting" pour. Two sips and your glass is empty. Then you have to wait for waitress and ask again and I felt she had an attitude like "oh no they want more". This is the second year I am disappointed with Generous Pour wine event. I will not participate again.Special Features:
- Just amazingUGA56Dined on 8/9/2014This was mine and my wife's second visit to The Capital Grille, and it was just as awesome as the first time. We highly recommend it. The "Sliced Filet" was absolutely perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great early bird experienceGudFudLuverDined on 8/7/2014We sat at the bar and chatted with the very knowledgeable bartender about the 7 wines on the Generous Pour list (essentially an "all you can drink" option with dinner that includes those 7 wines and a Chardonnay dessert wine). It was our 15th wedding anniversary and the table had been decorated with small heart-shaped graffiti and two long stem roses (!) and we were greeted with a complimentary glass of champagne. Our waiter, Michael, was a class act all the way through the meal (2+ hours long!). We ordered the grouper special and the bone-in filet mignon; both were excellent. The Oscar potatoes are a "must have" and my wife fawned over the creamed corn. The half-order sizes of the side dishes was perfect for us. Overall a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JMC90VIPDined on 8/3/2014Enjoyed a family dinner here. The service was flawless and the food is amazing. Must try the lobster mac and cheese. The prices are high but the food and service make it worth the money.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Heard great things about this restaurant so maybe this was just an off day. Our server was very friendly but it took entirely too long to get our food. Restaurant was empty when we first arrived & it still took 1 1/2 hours to get out of there. The lobster & crab cakes app was really good. We ordered a filet (medium) & a sirloin (med-rare) but the temps were switched which ruined both steaks for us. We declined their offer to redo the steaks because it just took too long to get the first ones. Thankfully they took both steaks off the bill. The mac & cheese and mashed potatoes sides were delicious. Dessert choices were lacking so we settled on ice cream which again took way too long to get to us. Probably won't be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good....VeryPleasedDined on 8/2/2014We love eating at Capital Grille and have never been disappointed. This time was no different except that I didn't really care for the Black Grouper. It was under seasoned and the edemame salad left something to be desired. Overall, still a highly rated restaurant that we enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service perfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/29/2014The timing & attentiveness of our service during a business lunch was "spot on"! BravoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Time!MeeeVIPDined on 7/23/2014My wife and I went once again. Our previous experience had a few bumps and the Managing Director asked us to return. The service, food and attentiveness made for a great experience - the kind of experience we always look forward to when making a reservation at any Capital Grille. They also surprised us with some additional goodies, making our evening all that much better. We will definitely 'talk it up' about our experience, recommend it to friends, and certainly return.Special Features:
- Awsome First VisitUGA56Dined on 7/23/2014My wife and I both had the sliced Filet Mignon and absolutely loved it. We also really enjoyed the Generous Pour wine special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful anniversary.winrobaaaDined on 7/19/2014Thank you for another wonderful anniversary dinner. We love enjoying the Generous Pour every July and love the fact that it coincides with our annversary. Our server, Dana H., was wonderful. She helped us with our dining choices and they were perfect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/19/2014Always a wonderful meal! Our server Terry is always so professional & attentive! Makes our evening a pleasure! Only issue was the AC vent that was so powerful & cold that we had to change seats & made for a little issue for the person it was hitting! Noticed the table next to us had to play musical chairs too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.