The Capital Grille - Tampa
2223 North Westshore Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Tampa
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 8138309433
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Saturday: 11:30am – 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday – Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: James Shields
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Tampa
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in the International Plaza.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
The Capital Grille - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (100)romantic (72)notable wine list (72)fit for foodies (44)good for groups (39)great for lunch (32)vibrant bar scene (20)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (13)great for brunch (12)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- FABULOUSLoriDined on 8/16/2014Dinning at Capital Grille is always wonderful and delicious . We always have a delightful evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef must've been off their gameOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Delmonico steak was great as always. Husband picked out 5 bones in his Sea Bass.Special Features:
- Bone in filet scrumptious!FirsttimerDined on 8/15/2014Chef special of bone in filet from porterhouse steak was fantastic. Paired with the Kendall Jackson wines it was a meal to remember. Can't forget the truffle fries!Special Features:
- What a PorterhouseChefVIPDined on 8/14/2014Onething that was a negative and I dont know if it is a mistake by Opentable or CG but they did not know I was allergic to Blue Cheese. CG said it came over from OT like I like blue cheese, BIG MISTAKE!!! The food was fantastic, once he got the martini right, it was delicious and they were very generous on taking the cost off. I also had to send back my steak as it was raw not a warm red. I/ we would definitely return. We have one in Boca Raton and we would never go back thereas they dont compare. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceLovefoodDined on 8/14/2014We had a delicious dinner here, but there was a lot Of noise from the two tables beside us, we can't even hear ouselves. But the service and food were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food. OK ServiceKinsaleSurferDined on 8/9/2014Food is perfect. Generous Pour was not generous. Tiny wine glasses and small pours. If I had bought a bottle of wine or brought my own you can be sure that the server would be topping up my glass every minute. However when Capital Grille have a $25/head Generous Pour wine event the glasses are special small ones that are way smaller than the nice big glasses you get when buying a bottle. The pours are really tiny - like a 1.5 to 2oz "tasting" pour. Two sips and your glass is empty. Then you have to wait for waitress and ask again and I felt she had an attitude like "oh no they want more". This is the second year I am disappointed with Generous Pour wine event. I will not participate again.Special Features:
- Just amazingUGA56Dined on 8/9/2014This was mine and my wife's second visit to The Capital Grille, and it was just as awesome as the first time. We highly recommend it. The "Sliced Filet" was absolutely perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great early bird experienceGudFudLuverDined on 8/7/2014We sat at the bar and chatted with the very knowledgeable bartender about the 7 wines on the Generous Pour list (essentially an "all you can drink" option with dinner that includes those 7 wines and a Chardonnay dessert wine). It was our 15th wedding anniversary and the table had been decorated with small heart-shaped graffiti and two long stem roses (!) and we were greeted with a complimentary glass of champagne. Our waiter, Michael, was a class act all the way through the meal (2+ hours long!). We ordered the grouper special and the bone-in filet mignon; both were excellent. The Oscar potatoes are a "must have" and my wife fawned over the creamed corn. The half-order sizes of the side dishes was perfect for us. Overall a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Heard great things about this restaurant so maybe this was just an off day. Our server was very friendly but it took entirely too long to get our food. Restaurant was empty when we first arrived & it still took 1 1/2 hours to get out of there. The lobster & crab cakes app was really good. We ordered a filet (medium) & a sirloin (med-rare) but the temps were switched which ruined both steaks for us. We declined their offer to redo the steaks because it just took too long to get the first ones. Thankfully they took both steaks off the bill. The mac & cheese and mashed potatoes sides were delicious. Dessert choices were lacking so we settled on ice cream which again took way too long to get to us. Probably won't be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good....VeryPleasedDined on 8/2/2014We love eating at Capital Grille and have never been disappointed. This time was no different except that I didn't really care for the Black Grouper. It was under seasoned and the edemame salad left something to be desired. Overall, still a highly rated restaurant that we enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service perfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/29/2014The timing & attentiveness of our service during a business lunch was "spot on"! BravoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Time!MeeeVIPDined on 7/23/2014My wife and I went once again. Our previous experience had a few bumps and the Managing Director asked us to return. The service, food and attentiveness made for a great experience - the kind of experience we always look forward to when making a reservation at any Capital Grille. They also surprised us with some additional goodies, making our evening all that much better. We will definitely 'talk it up' about our experience, recommend it to friends, and certainly return.Special Features:
- Awsome First VisitUGA56Dined on 7/23/2014My wife and I both had the sliced Filet Mignon and absolutely loved it. We also really enjoyed the Generous Pour wine special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful anniversary.winrobaaaDined on 7/19/2014Thank you for another wonderful anniversary dinner. We love enjoying the Generous Pour every July and love the fact that it coincides with our annversary. Our server, Dana H., was wonderful. She helped us with our dining choices and they were perfect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/19/2014Always a wonderful meal! Our server Terry is always so professional & attentive! Makes our evening a pleasure! Only issue was the AC vent that was so powerful & cold that we had to change seats & made for a little issue for the person it was hitting! Noticed the table next to us had to play musical chairs too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic fun and delishiousHarryVIPDined on 7/19/2014We always enjoy a lunch or Dinner at the Capital.. We would also say that Shaun the bartender is our go to service person here. He is the bartender so if he is working the bar we eat at the bar.. He is worth it for sure!! He has a great attiontion to detial always pleasent and looking for some little way to make our experiance better.. The food is good so if your reading this try it out you wont be dissapointed. We eat here a lot and Shaun is worht checking out as well!Special Features:
- Always Excellent!TrainkcVIPDined on 7/18/2014Clearly the Capital Grill is one of the best in the country and a personal favorite for our family.Special Features:
- Coming BackPennyDined on 7/18/2014Great business luncheon place. Server Yee Tar Zee is great.Special Features:
- Normal SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014Capital Grille was a good steakhouse but nothing outstanding our out of the normal. My husband and I enjoy eating at various restaurants and I guess could call ourselves foodies. With that said, we were a little disappointing in Capital Grille. It offered a very small, plain steakhouse menu without a lot of variety. It was all great food, but not anything unusual or spectacular that I would choose it over other steakhouses. If you are looking for a great steak this is a good place to go. The staff was very friendly and attentive and the atmosphere was similar to other high-end steakhouses. It just felt like it was missing something special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/7/2014Consistent, wonderfully prepared food. Service is welcoming and thorough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealPatCVIPDined on 7/5/2014We had a guest that wished to discuss some business and we had the perfect, quiet table for such a meeting and meal. Danielle was professional and efficient as always, totally unobtrusive as she timed the dishes so that the meal did not interrupt the business discussion. The special surf and turf was incredibly tasty and filling, as was the wonderful dessert which my husband loves so much - the flourless chocolate cappuccino cake - what a delight to see him enjoy this treat! As always, The Capital Grille performed as perfectly as always, and as always, will have us as loyal customers. Thank you for being here and for your talented staff.Special Features:
- Business DinnerAllbusinessDined on 6/29/2014We were all from out of town and decided to meet at Capital Grille for dinner. We were seated immediately at our reserved time. We were given appropriate time by the wait staff to talk before we preserved our entrees. Wine selection was outstanding. The dry run steaks were cooked perfectly. I had the halibut which was thick but flakey. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet surprise.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Made our reservation on Open Table's app for my best friends birthday and in the comment section I mentioned we'd be celebrating her birthday. When we arrived we were escorted to our table. They had the table decorated with confetti, a rose, and a birthday card for Catie. We also were given a complimentary champagne tost and desert for the birthday girl, which we all shared. To top off our experience the wait staff was amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply a Superb Dining Experience!!Foodie19Dined on 6/28/2014Starting with our server greeting us by name to the amazing dinner, our entire experience was outstanding! We actually shared and appetizer, salad and dinner and still took home leftovers. Highly recommend The Capital Grille to anyone!Special Features:
- Great food and servicegreenbeenVIPDined on 6/26/2014Had lunch with my friend last week. The waiter, Chris, was very attentive and the manager, Ken, came over several times to see if we were doing OK. The food was fantastic and we will frequent this lovely restaurant again and again. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- lunchbill57kathyVIPDined on 6/25/2014The wait staff was attentive and efficient. They allowed us to talk business and did not interrupt. We had a great lunch and were able to conductr our business that is why I use your restaurants nationwide when I travel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceRRODDined on 6/21/2014Roses at table for Anniversary was an unexpected wonderful touch. Michael our server was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuestionableTariDined on 6/20/2014I have eaten here before and it was excellent, but not so today. The well done meat was burnt - that is more than well done. It was barely edible. The plate was delivered to another table first and then the person who brought it from the kitchen did not understand why I saw that as a problem. I felt that he should have taken it back.
- Always greatDaveLutzDined on 6/15/2014The food and drinks are always great. Service is attentive without being interruptive. Shaun our waiter was great too.Special Features:
- ExcellentLizzyVIPDined on 6/14/2014Everything is always perfect. Best lobster macoroni and cheese and Fliet mignon was cooked flawlesslySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A touch of class!BillDined on 6/14/2014This restaurant is among the best! A little too pricey for most but a step above for others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day success!FD2014Dined on 6/14/2014The Capitol Grill was fantastic. Food, dessert and service were impeccable!!! Very romantic and historic atmosphere. Everyone needs to experience this restaurant at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even Great Restaurants Get It WrongTGKHNLVIPDined on 6/13/2014Our wine choice was great as were the salads. The bone-in fillet was underdone, went back to the kitchen and came out overdone. The other fillet was medium; slightly overdone for medium-rare. We have been to this Capital Grill before and know it can be great. The Manager took the entrees off the bill - which was appreciated. We will go back again when traveling through TPA.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceTallyTrishDined on 6/12/2014This restaurant tops the list for having a great dining experience with friends or on a date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Tuesday DinnerPatCVIPDined on 6/10/2014One thing we can always count on is a wonderful dining experience at The Capital Grille in Tampa. Service is always attentive and professional - but friendly and warm, as well. The food has always been perfectly prepared and this time was no different - perhaps that is why it is one of our favorite places: dependable fine dining. The chicken confit was beautifully prepared and with the potatoes and wine, we felt as if we were in Paris. The shrimp cocktail showcased gigantic and perfectly cooked shellfish, and the ending . . . oh, what an ending! I love the flourless chocolate espresso cake - all in all, a perfect, quiet, romantic dinner to start the week. Highly recommended restaurant.Special Features:
- Thank you.BluebelleDined on 6/9/2014The lobby staff was most gracious and welcoming. Our waiter was outstanding. Had a great personality, very attentive. Food was excellently prepared, delicious, and well presented. Thank you.Special Features:
- ZZTOPZZTOPVIPDined on 6/7/2014We have dined at Capital Grill many times over the years. It never disappoints. The appetizer selection is broad, as is the entree menu. Our steak and lamb was grilled perfectly. The wait staff is always attentive but not intrusive. We love Capital Grill because we can always expect a wonderful meal with excellent service.Special Features:
- Best Lobster in TampaHatingWaitingDined on 6/6/2014Every two to three months my three buddies and I have "Boys Night Out". Invariably it always is at the Capital Grille. One of my buddies loves the Grand Plateau as an appetizer which is really great and plenty enough for four people. Another friend orders the Parmesan Truffle Fries, I order either the Clam Chowder or the Lobster Bisque (best in town!). For entrees we usually order at least one three pound lobster and fish and or beef. One of my friends always orders the Delmonico Steak. It is the only steak he eats! I have been to all restaurants in Tampa that serve lobster. Yours is the best in town! Your food mixed drinks are very good! The four of us are always looking forward to "boys Night Out" at the Capital Grille. ;-)Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014Steaks were not as good as have had previously there. Filet last time was so good melted in mouth, not this time. Husband ordered medium well, more on well side and came out rare. Fries were excellent
- Even bettertomsgDined on 6/1/2014We have always liked the Capital Grille, but they have recently expanded their menu and it is an improvement. This is one of our favorite places,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.