The Capital Grille - Stamford
230 Tresser Boulevard
Stamford, CT 06901Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Stamford
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (203) 967-0000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matthew Schmalle
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Stamford
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Capital Grille - Stamford - Best Restaurants in Stamford ›
The Capital Grille - Stamford reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (91)notable wine list (74)fit for foodies (49)good for groups (45)romantic (42)great for lunch (27)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (16)neighborhood gem (15)great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (6)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- First time there, will definitely be back.SteakhouseGalDined on 11/20/2014We had a pretty terrific dinner at Capital Grille, I am usually not one for a chain restaurant, but from the moment we walked in, the place had great energy, service was excellent and friendly, and the steak and lamb chops were perfectly seasoned, and cooked as we each had asked. We always compare each steak dinner to Peter Lugars. And I have to say, that this was excellent in it's own way. The creamed spinach was actually the first time ever that I tasted the spinach and it didn't feel like a gloppy mess. The menu had great options for all and it was really a great evening.Special Features:
- overpriced and mediocretendervittlesDined on 11/14/2014The fish at $43 for an entree is wickedly overpriced. You dont even get any vegies with that, that needs to be ordered as a separate dish. Fish dishes aRe mediocre at best. The blue cheese dressing on the wedge is also fairly standard. Flourless chocolate cake to die for. Guess its good for steak but we dont eat steak. Still prices are very high and not good value. Service was very good though. Typical for a steak chain restaurant i guess. We went there with a $150 gift certificate which covered 2 entrees, 2 apps, 1 wine and a dessert.
- Nice Night OutGK12650Dined on 11/8/2014Food was solid but unspectacular. Expecting a little more for the price. The vegetables were the best - Brussels sprouts with pancetta and beats with goat cheese were both superb. Steaks were well prepared, but not particularly memorable. Service was the shining star - everyone was very attentive. If you want a nice, reliable night out with great service you can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Almost perfectSandyVIPDined on 10/25/2014We always love this fabulous restaurant, because it is quiet enough to enjoy a conversation and the food is wonderful. This time however we had a waitress who was a bit over the top with concerned service and an overly eager demeanor. It was probably the result of her training (the service here is always a bit more than is necessary), but this was more so than usual. That isn't to say that she wasn't doing her job. She was, but with too much of a flourish. We would not hesitate to return. It's a special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014just excellent food, service and atmosphere. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzxxxxxxxxi do not want to write moreSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and terrific serviceBenBVIPDined on 10/24/2014My wife and I took my visiting sister to The Capital Grille for dinner on Friday night. We had been to the one in Chicago, but never the one in Stamford, and we were very pleased with our meal. My sister and I had the porterhouse and my wife had the filet. The steaks were all properly cooked and delicious. My wife loved her mixed green salad as was the sliced tomato and mozzarella appetizer. We each had dessert - creme brûlée, ice cream sampler and sorbet - and we each loved our dish. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful, and our waiter took care of the valet parking for me. All in all, a delightful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak...Great Restaurant.JefferDined on 10/21/2014A great place for a Great Steak. I had the Bone-in Kona Crusted Dry Aged Sirloin and it was everything a steak should be.....Great! We started with A shrimp cocktail (shrimp were big and wonderful) and the Calamari with hot cherry peppers (crunchy and not too hot). It turned out to be a sensational evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful reunionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014I met three friends there friday night for about five hours and it was a wonderful reunion. I had submitted advanced notes which the hostess and the servers wer well aware of. The food, atmosphere, and service could not have been better. Bravo!Special Features:
- The bestDinrDined on 10/11/2014Always producing top quality meals and treating guests like they are the most important people in the room! A combination that goes perfectly together!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never FailsJanskiVIPDined on 10/9/2014As always it was a wonderful dining experience from the wait staff to the chef ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Steakhouse in StamfordHappyCamperDined on 10/3/2014We had a family birthday there and the service and steak were excellent. A very good traditional steak restaurant with big but well-prepared portions, cooked to order (just as you ask). Steak au poivre was tender and juicy with a good sauce. Mashed potatoes were fine but grilled asparagus were average. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to entertainMikeZVIPDined on 10/1/2014While I am a regular at Capital Grille, although primarily in Charlitte, NC, I was entertaining clients from Germany. Germans live a good steak and as expected the Capital Grille did not disappoint. Great meal and great service.Special Features:
- Consistently great meal!Jc123Dined on 9/26/2014We have dined here several times and the food and service has been excellent! We brought our child and they were very accommodating.Special Features:
- Fantastic dining experience !Bonbon62VIPDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I frequent fine restaurants and in the last few years even the 5 star restaurants have lacked service and the food had been ok! Surprisingly CG wowed us on the professionalism of the staff from the receptionist to the manager to one of the chefs to our amazing server!! Very knowledgable and eager to make sure we had the best dining experience!! Recommended highly! Our steaks were perfectly prepared and great selection of fine wines! Looking forward to another perfect dining evening at Capital Grill!Special Features:
- Consistently fabulousMarianeileenDined on 9/19/2014For me, in some ways even more important than the wonderful food is the incredible quality of the service. You sometimes see guests at this elegant restaurant in extremely casual dress (I never can figure out why) but my observation is that the guy at the next table dressed in a sweatshirt was treated with the same friendly and attentive care that we were. Thing is our special occasion restaurant: birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, etc. If you let them know in advance, you will be greeted with a note signed by the staff waiting for you at your table. They put red rose petals on the table for our wedding anniversary! We have also been taken to business lunches there, where everything is just as superlative as the dinner.Special Features:
- FairFangVIPDined on 9/15/2014The host did not check us in with opentable hence had to prove I was there to receive credit. The server was a robot. Completley scripted service. Continually called everyone at the table 'dear' - so patronizing and offensive! Creamed spinach and potatoes au gratin had no flavor. Boring. Manager made 'obligatory stop' at table to see if everything was 'all right' as if he cared. Hostesses too busy chatting with each other to say goodnight when we left. Restaurant has no soul or personality. Feels contrived. Frankly sorry I did not choose a local, independent restaurant. I'm over chains for all the reasons above.Special Features:
- ExcellentbiscottibabyVIPDined on 9/15/2014I have been at Capital Grille several times, both in the city and now in CT. It is awesome. Great service and great food and good prices. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not for the priceFerrajinaDined on 9/13/2014Food is very good and seafood is very fresh. However, for the price paid you would expect everything to be perfect right? $225.00 before tip for 2 with no bottle of wine should be an EXCELLENT experience. My steak was undercooked (still delicious though). Also, When I got my check there were 2 dubious drinks on it that we did not order???. I called the waitress out and she only responded with “hmmm how did those get on there”, she then removed them. I will defiantly go back but just wanted to note that if you pay top dollar you would expect it to be top level food, service and attention to detail.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerMauiWowieDined on 9/13/2014I cannot put my review in because it always says "exceeds the limit". So, I will send it to you in a separate e-mail and you can print it for your members. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great Night at the Capital GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2014We had an amazing meal at the Capital grille and great service. We came in on a Thursday night and the restaurant was about half full. Our waiter was fabulous and took time to help us choose a bottle of wine and explain the specials and the best dishes to get. I started with the wedge salad which was awesome, followed by the filet mignon and we had creamed corn and the grilled asparagus on the side. The grilled asparagus were nothing to write home about but the creamed corn was out of this world. We were super full but decided to share a dessert. Our waiter recommedned the cheesecake which may have been the best cheesecake I have ever eaten. It had the creme brulee sugar coating on top of it and was delicious.Special Features:
- HKMDDined on 8/31/2014very good food, great and fast service, very attentive, nice environment, overall very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Gem!MMouse3Dined on 8/31/2014We had always wanted to try the Capital Grill, and this year's restaurant week menu looked so good that we finally went. Everything was delicious. The Caesar salad was freshly made and had just enough garlic and other ingredients. The steaks were excellent and cooked perfectly as per our wishes. Side dishes were just what we needed to accompany our steaks. The flourless chocolate cake and sorbet were perfect endings to our meal. Our only complaint was the noise level which is much too loud when the restaurant is full. We definitely recommend this restaurant and will go back on a quiet night.Special Features:
- Awesome Steak and Ambiance!GoodfoodfanDined on 8/31/2014Had an excellent dinner on Sunday evening - we all had the bone-in 18 oz. sirloin with kona coffee dry rub. Really good service and wine list. Excellent place to celebrate a special event.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The resturant week menu was a great value. I had the clam chowder which was very flavorful , the filet mignon which was perfectly cooked and tender and the creme brûlée which was excellent. The Capital Grille was a pleasant dining experience. I am looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always SpecialsvillsDined on 8/29/2014I don't come to The Capital Grille very often so when I do it's extra special. The food & service is always exceptional!Special Features:
- MonicaDined on 8/29/2014The waiter messed up our order. We ordered 3 steaks 2 medium rare and one medium. My husband got the medium rare that he hate! He had to give it to me after tasting it. It's not the forst time that this happened!Special Features:
- CTFoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014Another great night at the Capital Grille with two other couples! Food was great, busy so good atmosphere and our waiter was excellent. Will definitely be back!!!Special Features:
- Great Staff, Food and ServiceFLOATVIPDined on 8/29/2014This visit was for my wife 70th birthday and the staff, the food and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/28/2014Food and service were very good We went for lunch when the prices are one half of those st dinner. Quality is the same.Special Features:
- Fantastic lunch spot!thrutherabbitholeVIPDined on 8/28/2014The Capital Grille is an unexpected find for lunch. A group of us were shopping and wandered over for lunch. Yum! The lobster rolls were delicious, as was the steak salad. There are many reasonably priced choices, and the service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week DealAli123Dined on 8/27/2014The food and service were great, as always. The restaurant week deal was great - our meal would have been WAY pricier if not for that. Definitely a good place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomefarmerjohnVIPDined on 8/27/2014As always. Chase, our waiter, was outstanding as was the cuisine. Just awesome.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014We went to Capital Grille for restaurant week. The menu never fails. Steak was cooked to perfection and the blue cheese stuffed olives in my martini were just delicious. Our waiter was fantastic!Special Features:
- ExcellentJeffDined on 8/26/2014We had a particularly great meal at Stamford Capital Grill. The Generous Pour wine special was a particular treat. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Stamford [Ct.] GemRich310Dined on 8/26/2014Great food and cooked precisely as requested. I brought along two female guests [ both foodies] and both were very favorably impressed. Outstanding service by the waiter and outstanding personal follow up by the manager "Cy"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious steak!meeshell1018Dined on 8/25/2014We always go during restaurant week. They have the best deal! The food is always delicious and the wait staff is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dining experience.restaurantreviewerDined on 8/25/2014It was restaurant week and our anniversary. We were treated like special guests. There were rose petals on the table along with a card for our anniversary. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. Capital grille never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille Great SteakhouseSanibelleDined on 8/23/2014The Capital Grille in downtown Stamford has put Morton's out of business. Everything is well prepared here and the service is very good. It is a nice place to enjoy a special meal or to meet a client for lunch. It is conveniently located adjacent to the Stamford Town Center and parking is readily available in the mall parking lot or use their valet service if you can't walk two feet. Their prime aged steaks always arrive as order and the sides are excellent as well. The only dish that was not prepared well was the crème brule that was soft on top, probably due to the crowds eating there for Stamford's August Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- Still the best steak in towntymelyronVIPDined on 8/23/2014Always a pleasure to eat here, especially during Restaurant Week this week, so make a quick reservation. Choice of appetizer, steaks, sides and dessert, with the usual quality and quantity.Special Features:
- jezekVIPDined on 8/22/2014Excellent food and service. Incredible offer during restaurant week... Horrible being seated in the side room.Special Features: