The Capital Grille - Stamford
230 Tresser Boulevard
Stamford, CT 06901Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Stamford
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 2039670000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matthew Schmalle
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Stamford
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Capital Grille - Stamford - Best Restaurants in Stamford ›
The Capital Grille - Stamford reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)notable wine list (61)fit for foodies (46)good for groups (39)romantic (39)great for lunch (25)neighborhood gem (14)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (11)great for outdoor dining (10)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014very good food, great and fast service, very attentive, nice environment, overall very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Gem!MMouse3Dined on 8/31/2014We had always wanted to try the Capital Grill, and this year's restaurant week menu looked so good that we finally went. Everything was delicious. The Caesar salad was freshly made and had just enough garlic and other ingredients. The steaks were excellent and cooked perfectly as per our wishes. Side dishes were just what we needed to accompany our steaks. The flourless chocolate cake and sorbet were perfect endings to our meal. Our only complaint was the noise level which is much too loud when the restaurant is full. We definitely recommend this restaurant and will go back on a quiet night.Special Features:
- Awesome Steak and Ambiance!GoodfoodfanDined on 8/31/2014Had an excellent dinner on Sunday evening - we all had the bone-in 18 oz. sirloin with kona coffee dry rub. Really good service and wine list. Excellent place to celebrate a special event.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The resturant week menu was a great value. I had the clam chowder which was very flavorful , the filet mignon which was perfectly cooked and tender and the creme brûlée which was excellent. The Capital Grille was a pleasant dining experience. I am looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I don't come to The Capital Grille very often so when I do it's extra special. The food & service is always exceptional!Special Features:
- MonicaDined on 8/29/2014The waiter messed up our order. We ordered 3 steaks 2 medium rare and one medium. My husband got the medium rare that he hate! He had to give it to me after tasting it. It's not the forst time that this happened!Special Features:
- CTFoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014Another great night at the Capital Grille with two other couples! Food was great, busy so good atmosphere and our waiter was excellent. Will definitely be back!!!Special Features:
- Great Staff, Food and ServiceFLOATVIPDined on 8/29/2014This visit was for my wife 70th birthday and the staff, the food and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/28/2014Food and service were very good We went for lunch when the prices are one half of those st dinner. Quality is the same.Special Features:
- Fantastic lunch spot!thrutherabbitholeDined on 8/28/2014The Capital Grille is an unexpected find for lunch. A group of us were shopping and wandered over for lunch. Yum! The lobster rolls were delicious, as was the steak salad. There are many reasonably priced choices, and the service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week DealAli123Dined on 8/27/2014The food and service were great, as always. The restaurant week deal was great - our meal would have been WAY pricier if not for that. Definitely a good place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomefarmerjohnDined on 8/27/2014As always. Chase, our waiter, was outstanding as was the cuisine. Just awesome.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014We went to Capital Grille for restaurant week. The menu never fails. Steak was cooked to perfection and the blue cheese stuffed olives in my martini were just delicious. Our waiter was fantastic!Special Features:
- ExcellentJeffDined on 8/26/2014We had a particularly great meal at Stamford Capital Grill. The Generous Pour wine special was a particular treat. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Stamford [Ct.] GemRich310Dined on 8/26/2014Great food and cooked precisely as requested. I brought along two female guests [ both foodies] and both were very favorably impressed. Outstanding service by the waiter and outstanding personal follow up by the manager "Cy"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious steak!meeshell1018Dined on 8/25/2014We always go during restaurant week. They have the best deal! The food is always delicious and the wait staff is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dining experience.restaurantreviewerDined on 8/25/2014It was restaurant week and our anniversary. We were treated like special guests. There were rose petals on the table along with a card for our anniversary. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. Capital grille never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille Great SteakhouseSanibelleDined on 8/23/2014The Capital Grille in downtown Stamford has put Morton's out of business. Everything is well prepared here and the service is very good. It is a nice place to enjoy a special meal or to meet a client for lunch. It is conveniently located adjacent to the Stamford Town Center and parking is readily available in the mall parking lot or use their valet service if you can't walk two feet. Their prime aged steaks always arrive as order and the sides are excellent as well. The only dish that was not prepared well was the crème brule that was soft on top, probably due to the crowds eating there for Stamford's August Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- Still the best steak in towntymelyronVIPDined on 8/23/2014Always a pleasure to eat here, especially during Restaurant Week this week, so make a quick reservation. Choice of appetizer, steaks, sides and dessert, with the usual quality and quantity.Special Features:
- jezekVIPDined on 8/22/2014Excellent food and service. Incredible offer during restaurant week... Horrible being seated in the side room.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekVickon1Dined on 8/21/2014Great place, no doubt. The service was great for those who ordered a la carte. We chose from the Restaurant Week menu and had to chase our server for attention. Once I mentioned this menu, we were not offered bread or additional appetizers, etc., which I initially was actually planned on ordering in addition to the fixed menu. Food was good, but not excellent: my salad (a little weird chef's solution) was extremely vinegary and the dressing did not really suit the greens - boston lettuce (both hearts and green portion thereof), julienned carrots - too hard for this type of salad.Special Features:
- Upscale steakhousePrimed2eatDined on 8/20/2014While a chain that looks typical steakhouse, they nit only have mastered the perfect steak, but also perfect service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good but expensive2014dependableDined on 8/19/2014Very good overall on food and service. Your waiters and waitresses are extremely professional. However, based upon my overall restaurant experience I would not rate you exceptional which is the 5th star. However, the most exceptional waitress I ever encountered is Bianca at your Stamford restaurant. She is definitely five star! I would visit your restaurant more often if it was less expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for all or no occasionHarViVIPDined on 8/19/2014The food here never disappoints and alway top notch with professional serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/18/2014The Capital Grille is often overlooked for a quick lunch alternative but as is the case with all customer service requests, just inform your server of your time constraint and they will oblige! You can have a delicious and quick meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!Foodlover4everDined on 8/15/2014Went to The Capital Grille Friday night and had a pleasant experience. I had reservations and was seated immediately. Server was wonderful and knowledgable. Food was delicious! Definitely will be returning to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular favoriteMDEHDined on 8/14/2014When you live anywhere in the lower Fairfield CT area and feel like a great steak and wine there is no better place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Assume we just had a bad waitressCrampedVIPDined on 8/11/2014Food was excellent, I imagine their other servers are excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille ExcellenceDanBootDined on 8/2/2014I've always had consistently good dining and service at Capital Grilles all around the country. The Stamford location, my "home town" Capital Grill, is hands down the best though! Our sever, Alana, was outstanding. She was always nearby when we needed her, she was very well versed on the food offering as well as the wine tasting promotion and made dessert suggestions that were heavenly!. We ordered dinner specials of a baked, stuffed two pound lobster and a bone in filet and we shared them. A great surf & turf combination that was prepared to perfection. We'll be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid summer dinnerJblackleDined on 7/24/2014Finally found a time that enabled the family to get together for dinner. The vote was for Cap Grill. Excellent meal with 3 of six choosing the steak and lobster special, one ribeye, one strip and one filet. Truffle fries, sautéed spinach. A couple of apps/salads (lobster bisque, Caesar, beet,Oysters). Red wine options range from reasonable to not so much. We went with a couple of bottles of fairly reasonable (Freemark). Our server (Jermaine) made sure the "flow to the table" was leisurely but not slow. Food was uniformly excellent with the entrees cooked as requested and served nice and hot. Had a good evening all around and dinner was the center piece.Special Features:
- hadlstepSteveDined on 7/12/2014We were celebrating our son's 18th birthday. He is a steak lover and The Capital Grille did not disappoint! Excellent service and delicious food....highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionpattyfaceDined on 6/28/2014We recently celebrated wedding anniversaries with friends. Food and service was excellent, as always. Table was decorated with heart confetti and we were surprised with beautiful, special "Happy Anniverasry" desserts. Just fabulous!Special Features:
- alfresco diningPatrick1959Dined on 6/25/2014We were lucky to get a table outside, inside you needed a jacket and a pullover, like in the most US restaurants it's always to coldSpecial Features:
- Top Choice for a Business LunchMorningDined on 6/18/2014This is an excellent location for a business lunch. Besides a variety of price points on the menu and reliable food, the Stamford location is ideal for a business lunch. The Stamford Capital Grill is much quieter than 42nd Street near Grand Central. To me, this makes it a better location for conversation and a successful lunch and meeting.Special Features:
- Delicious!ncrnVIPDined on 6/17/2014Another wonderful meal at the Capital Grille. Great steaks, wonderful cocktails, excellent wine list, attentive service. Noisy but fun!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014Been coming for many years and I must say that I have seen a decline in service- not what it use to be. $100/person demands exceptional service- perhaps a management change is in orderSpecial Features:
- decent not greatericsteinfeldtVIPDined on 6/17/2014considering all the steak places in the city this one falls short. Bit of a disappointment, even as a chain it's below its peers in all respects.
- HappyDisneyagainDined on 6/14/2014It's always nice to be recognized as a returned diner. Capital Grille, does just that. Wonderful food as always, BUT how do they run out of baked potatoes? There's a Stop and Shop right up the road. Send someone there!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for team dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/11/2014had a team dinner and service was great. I have attended other locations and this definitely moves to the top of the list.Special Features:
- Great as usualJohnnyDined on 5/26/2014New managing partner Dave is doing a great job! The staff is always on point ,service is friendly & curtiousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.