The Capital Grille - Seattle
1301 4th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Seattle
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 2063820900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Roy Hyman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Seattle
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in the Cobb Building at 4th & University. Join us for happy hour Monday through Friday from 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Capital Grille - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Capital Grille - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
217 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (160)notable wine list (110)fit for foodies (99)romantic (91)good for groups (70)neighborhood gem (50)great for lunch (38)hot spot (36)vibrant bar scene (32)late-night find (15)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Fancy MediocreInternetsTadDined on 10/28/2014I'm glad that we visited Capital Grille during Seattle Restaurant Week since I would have been outraged for paying any more for what we got. My 14oz bone-in sirloin was about 70% gristle and just not very good at all. I've honestly had better steak at Outback Steakhouse. The Atmosphere was nice, and the service was ok, but neither were anything like I've come to expect at actual high-end steakhouses. The Capital Grille Seattle is a mediocre, (incredibly) over-priced steak place with fancy furnishings. We won't be back.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/28/2014top quality service and top quality food. We went for restaurant week again and this place never disappoints.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2014Great service! Challenging to have relaxing dinner convesation with extremely loud and lively bar nose level.
- For a chain, it doesn't get better.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2014Went here with a friend for lunch on restaurant week. It was busy, which is to be expected on such a joyous occasion. Their menu was pretty simple, and focused on delivering high quality, seasonal ingredients. I had the porcini mushroom soup and their shaved filet sandwich. The soup wasn't too heavy (for a cream-based soup) and packed a lot of flavor. The sandwich was really delicious and reminded me a little of Paseo, but a lot less messy! Overall, a well-balanced, not-too-heavy lunch. I'd recommend it if you're visiting and are looking for something familiar.Special Features:
- great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Outstanding food and service Stephanie was exceptional and Chris made perfect suggestions with our dinner choices many thanks for a special eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining At The Capital Grille!maryDined on 10/26/2014This was our third visit to the Capital Grille, and maybe it was because of restaurant week but I feel that the experience was flat. We were here with another couple. We all opted for the evening's special---a three course dinner which included appetizer, main course and dessert for $30. Unheard of at a pricey steakhouse! We all had salad, and two of us the kona rubbed NY steak, and two the filet. The filets were unevenly cut--one person got a thinner cut than another and as a result unevenly cooked---overdone. The same with the NY steaks---one undercooked, one just right. The sides of mushrooms, green beans, and potatoes au gratin were all good. But nothing was exceptional, unlike what we've experienced on other visits.Special Features:
- good but not greatlove2bicycleDined on 10/25/2014our dinners were tasty, but we've had better steaks across town, and the creamed spinach, while good, could have been better with the addition of something to spice it up like bits of bacon or garlic. The restaurant is nicely appointed and the service was great, but they need to take it an extra notch to make us swoon....Special Features:
- winegirlDined on 10/25/2014Another amazing dinner at Capital Grille. We LOVE this place. The food is always great, and the service is even better. The servers are attentive but never intrusive. They are also very personable.Special Features:
- Best SEA Dining Experience to datesummersurferVIPDined on 10/23/2014While this restaurant is part of a chain, they definitely do many things extremely well. And given the polished experience we had, we can only assume that high quality is the rule here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CherylVIPDined on 10/23/2014We love the East Coast feel of this restaurant. The great service starts with the hostess, then the waiter, then the manager visiting our table. The butternut squash soup was amazing, and the filet melted in our mouths. We also enjoyed the very cremey brûlée for desert. The only criticism we have is the lonely piece of meat on that huge white plate. We did get a side, but it was in its own dish. The meat definitely should have either been on a smaller plate, or put a couple of asparagus spears or a mushroom, or something besides a couple basil leaves for greenery. Other than that, The Capital Grille is the place to go for a special dinner.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodPkfinedineDined on 10/23/2014We came here for my mothers 80th birthday and the food was fantastic. They recalled me mentioning her birthday when I made the reservation weeks before and had a card on the table for her when we arrived. Great start and it kept rolling right through dessert. The meal was fantastic, one of the best meals I've had out, and the service was excellent. Five stars all the way around.Special Features:
- MsztranDined on 10/23/2014Service here was great. Our waiter, Chris, was amazing. He was friendly and funny and was able to recommend us a good wine to go with our delicious dinner. If anyone goes there after reading this review as for him to be your waiter.!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the normMotivagentVIPDined on 10/23/2014I have rated this lower than what I have in the past because on this day, service and food value seemed to slip a bit. I am wondering if it had to do with Restaurant Week as they were packed! Unfortunately, it appeared our server was stretched with additional tables, as was the kitchen. With that said, I will go back since I am familiar with the staff and am confident they will correct any concerns.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the Greatest Steak EverLiaKDined on 10/22/2014Wonderful place for a special occasion if you appreciate a good steak! Both the sirloin and the filet were phenomenal, but the filet mignon was probably the best I've ever tasted.Special Features:
- great RestaurantLyleVIPDined on 10/22/2014This was the 1st time eating at capital grill, we received great service from Chris, and the Steaks were excellently prepared.
- Fantastic Place!FoodieGuyVIPDined on 10/22/2014We took a co-worker to lunch for her birthday celebration. Everything was excellent! From the food, the ambience, the location, and the service (Thank you, Cyndi!). Two thumbs up!Special Features:
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014celebrated my birthday dinner. we ordered off of the restaurateur week menu and the food was the delicious. our table was set up with birthday confetti and a birthday card and our server brought us champagne to toast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good foodMegjoyoDined on 10/20/2014I was lured in to Capital Grille for Seattle Restaurant Week twice--once for lunch and once for dinner. Both times the service was great. The lunch was excellent--I had butternut squash soup and some sort of shaved steak sandwich. Both were delicious. For dinner, I ordered the soup again (it was that good) and a steak. The steak had a delicious "Kona rub" that was made up of Kona coffee and cocoa powder. However, the steak wasn't cooked correctly. Both my husband and I ordered our steaks medium rare and both got what was best described as medium. I didn't send it back because it still tasted fine and we had tickets to the theatre following dinner, but I would expect a steak house to cook a steak correctly to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good... but not quite enoughSomeoneSomewhereVIPDined on 10/19/2014Food here is normally excellent, so we were a bit disappointed when the food was merely pretty good. The filet was tender but bland, a nice hunk of meat but with nothing on top in terms of spice or crust. The top sirloin was well crusted but was otherwise a not terribly exciting cut, not tough but not tender either. Granted, they were very busy, even busier than usual, but it really seemed off, with attention to detail lacking. We'll give it another try at some point, unsure whether it was a temporary aberration or the start of a slide downhill.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014We have been there for lunch and dinner and really enjoyed the food; the decor is elegant and at dinner the waiters were a little pushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisDined on 10/19/2014Food and service were amazing. The butternut soup was the best and my steak was perfect.Special Features:
- Dinner @ The Capital GrilleBrandyAnnie1Dined on 10/19/2014I choose The Capital Grille because I had never been and it was featured on Seattle Restaurant Week plus being close to the 5th Avenue Theater. You've gained a new customer, and your overall service was beyond my expectations. All the wait staff were gracious and professional. The food was exceptional, I can't remember the last time I so enjoyed such a fabulous meal. Everything couldn't have been better.Special Features:
- An Overall good ExperienceSigmagumiDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I wanted to take our two sons, young men in their own right, to a nice dinner out to celebrate the opportunity to be together. The ambiance and food at The Capital Grill served our purpose well, but the server left a bit to be desired. Though the Gent was knowledgeable about the menu, he seemed well out of place at this more upbeat and sophisticated local. My suggestion, try this this gem and way more often than not you will not be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Capital Grille is Wonderful2dineDined on 10/17/2014The Capital Grille always makes a special occasion very special. They anticipate every detail, if you are wearing dark clothing they provide a black napkin, light clothing, a white napkin. I wish other restaurants would be that observant. I've come away with lint all over me from napkins provided at some restaurants. Their service is impeccable, the food is alway excellent and beautifully presented. Capital Grille is a restaurant that cares about meeting and exceeding its customers expectations for a dining experience. Whether you are with a group or as a couple, the service is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/15/2014The atmosphere is great - typical dark wood of a nice steakhouse, but the vibrant art and lively, but not intrusive music keep it from being stuffy. The servers are ready to answer any question or make recommendations. My filet was perfectly cooked and the scallop potatoes and wedge salad were both delicious. Free valet parking makes going downtown easy. And the fact that they time it so your car is waiting on you when you walk out (without requesting it) really brings the service level over the top.Special Features:
- Excellent service / Salty foodGoodMexicanVIPDined on 10/15/2014Super excellent service, our waiter and other service staff were very attentive. I love it when my water glass is kept full. The waiter was thoughtful to validate our timing for dinner and ensured we could get to the theater on time. My lamb was delicious; my nephew enjoyed his surf & turf. Seemed all food items were over salted though. Otherwise I would have improved the food score. I would request it to be less or not at all next time. The meat, salads and other products were quite high quality. Wine list was excellent both by the bottle and by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantKrisVIPDined on 10/14/2014Always amazing service at the Capital Grill. Our server was outstanding. The food was good. We love going here, as it is close to the 5th Avenue Theatre.Special Features:
- Great restaurant for a special timeJoyceVIPDined on 10/14/2014Excellent! The food, service and atmosphere were the best, and the value of the food was equal to the price!Special Features:
- Can I just say.......a lifesaver!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We just finished our tour at Chihuly and the Space Needle. We wanted to finish our last day of vacation at a great restaurant. Since it was our last night, we wanted to go all out. Open Table made it easy for us to make a reservation online/moblie at The Capitol Grille within 10 minutes. Coming from the Seahawks game we thought that everyplace in downtown Seattle would's be booked. Thank goodness for OpenTable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After Symphony DinnerDavidRVIPDined on 10/12/2014It had been quite some time since we had been to the Capital Grille. Everything was perfect. Our server was one of the best we've encountered, anywhere! We will definitely keep Capital Grille in our fine dining restaurant 'rotation'!Special Features:
- Steaks OutstandingSteakGreatLobsterNotDined on 10/11/2014The steaks were outstanding. Lobster was a little overcooked and came in a pile and barely resembled a tail. Would stay away from the lobster
- Capital Grille SeattleBrystockDined on 10/10/2014We went to Capital Grille to celebrate my birthday. The restaurant had very graciously handwritten a card thanking me for celebrating my special day with them. Our waiter was outstanding. He was efficient, polite and offered helpful suggestions when needed. Our starter was Lobster Mac & Cheese which was delicious. That dish, with the tasty complimentary bread, would have been a meal alone. Our steaks, while quite good, were a bit fattier and gristly than we expected for the price. For dessert, I was presented with a complimentary dessert plate with Happy Birthday written in chocolate, along with an amazing small round piece of cheesecake with fresh fruit and an espresso brownie. Overall, the experience was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overrated and expensivefoodloverDined on 10/10/2014Conveniently located near the symphony and the art museums. We ordered two chef's special - filet mignon on bones for $61 each... Overrated! Not worth the money. The chocolate hazelnut cake was just okay, nothing special. Do t think there's any reason for me to return.Special Features:
- GeorgiasgirlVIPDined on 10/7/2014My staff took me there for my birthday. The waiter was so attentive, and brought us a handwritten birthday card, free champagne and dessert, and took our picture which I received in a very nice card. It really made my day and that lunch will not be forgotten!Special Features:
- Capitol GrilleJARedmondDined on 10/4/2014Best preparation of lamb chops I've ever had: Rubbed in ground Kona, perfectly done. Huge portion. My companion had a superb steak au poivre, which I sampled. The waiter recommended a very fine wine and couldn't have been more helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coco-nut-yOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/3/2014Although we came here for steak, I left wanting to come back for their coconut cream pie. Amazing. Great service and nice wine selection. The Met still has my favorite steak, but this was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinner, like alwaysshayemDined on 10/2/2014Service was knowledgeable, friendly and attentive. The food was amazing (went with a filet), and the wine list is impressive. There is something for everyone at this restaurant, and it is perfect for a night out, date night, special occasion, or a night you would like to feel pampered and have a great meal.Special Features:
- First TimerDaveVIPDined on 10/2/2014Great atmosphere, service and food outstanding - particularly the steaks. Will do back again and make it a regular stop.Special Features:
- Not Coming BackOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/1/2014While I've only dined at this restaurant on the east coast, I'll say the experience in Seattle was far different. Our waiter was less than attentive, to say the least. We had to ask him for bread/butter numerous times, as he forgot. While I asked to have no onions in my Risotto (which he highly recommended) it had onions anyway. Though they fixed it, it made for a very awkward business lunch, as everyone was eating while I was waiting. To make things worse, the meal was flavorless and I left hungry. Horrible experience overall.
- Great All Around!tonyDined on 9/27/2014From the hostess to the valet, everything was top notch. It's the little details such as giving the hostess replacing our white cloth napkins, to black without asking, the service was extremely attentive and quick to provide service, to the valet having our car ready as we came out. These attentive details are what go a long way. The food was also excellent - we had the crab cakes, onion soup, bleu wedge salad, bone-in filets, and cheese cakes for dinner. If I had any complaint, it would be for the "espresso". It seemed it was a strong coffee rather than espresso. Otherwise, everything was great! The scene is vibrant, yet classy. Excellent job Capital Grille! Will be back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.