The Capital Grille - Seattle
1301 4th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Seattle
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (206) 382-0900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Roy Hyman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Seattle
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in the Cobb Building at 4th & University. Join us for happy hour Monday through Friday from 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Capital Grille - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Capital Grille - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
231 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (173)notable wine list (119)fit for foodies (115)romantic (94)good for groups (82)neighborhood gem (50)great for lunch (45)hot spot (42)vibrant bar scene (37)late-night find (20)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Favorite Place to CelebrateheidijDined on 11/24/2014Capital Grille is the best place for a birthday lunch - complimentary sparkler and dessert, subtle table decoration, and amazing service and food. Thanks for making my friend's birthday celebration so special and taking such good care of us. We'll be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChuckEatsVIPDined on 11/19/2014This was my first visit to the Capital Grille. The experience was perfect from the minute we walked in the door. The food was excellent and the staff was very friendly and professional. We have already decided to return soon and try some of the other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/12/2014Classy,elegant, with a delectable menu and attention to service. I have been to multiple locations throughout the country and regard this as one of the best steakhouses in the country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RockyRockyDined on 11/9/2014Excellent overall. Will go back when in town. Good delicious and cooked perfect. Very family friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good.KW33VIPDined on 11/8/2014A little slow on the service in general but maybe that is part of the vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccommodatingInsurancePDined on 11/7/2014I found the Capital Grille to be a very warm, professional & accommodating luncheon experience. It is ideally suited for private/business dining with its intimate booth ambiance. Waiters are available and non- intrusive. Food servings were ideal size and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionNicekatDined on 11/5/2014Came in to celebrate a 30 year work anniversary. They had little stars sprinkled on the table and a note card for the guest of honor. Very nice touch. The service was outstanding and the food delicious as usual.Special Features:
- GlobalcitizenDined on 11/2/2014Nice spot for a quiet after work dinner. Good food, fine wines and comfortable ambiance. Will visit again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alissaevansDined on 11/1/2014The wait staff was the friendliest and nicest group of people i've ever encountered at a restaurant. Very gracious. The food was prompt, the timing of our meal after our appetizer was awesome. Matthew, our server, was so great and helpful. He was very informed on the menu and the history of the restaurant, and even gave us a desert after. 5 stars, would dine there every night. We felt like royalty.Special Features:
- Always love eating at the barCharlieDined on 11/1/2014Tate and Jessica always make us feel welcome at the bar. We tried their Waygu burgers this visit. They were very tasty albeit a bit small. I ordered the stuffed twice baked potatoes on the side. They were not very hot and somewhat greasy. I love CG and I will be back soon.Special Features:
- Top-notchDat3nightdin3rVIPDined on 10/30/2014We had a wonderful night out. The staff was so friendly and service-oriented. It was a great value with the 3 for $30 menu. Our compliments to Nick and the entire crew.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Elegant DiningLavenderTrinVIPDined on 10/30/2014When we reserved our table this week, we requested a quiet table. We were pleasantly surprised when we we escorted to a lovely room with only four tables. It was wonderful to be able to talk and enjoy our conversation. I ordered the scallops with risotto which was a delectable preparation. My husband had the filet mignon which he said was one of the best he had ever had. We each ordered the flourless chocolate cake, which was definitely THE best we have ever eaten anywhere. We will return in the future when we want a special quiet evening dining spot, no knowing it is available at the Capital Grille.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014We went for Seattle Restaurant Week and we were very pleased with everything at Capital Grille. Service was amazing and the food was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to tryMYLAFASHIONDined on 10/29/2014First timer! we went with other friends for seattle restaurant week they had a good menu for that week to see! I was pleasantly surprised the service was great and the food was awesome . We will go back thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/29/2014Great steaks, porcini soup is out of this world! Service is impeccable. If you're going to eat meat, do it here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sixth Wedding AnniversaryRichDined on 10/28/2014I've been to The Capital Grille (TCG) multiple times for lunch and dinner and I thought I'd treat my wife to the experience. Valet service is a plus especially in the Seattle rain, and the food is always amazing (we had crab cakes, the Delmonico steak, a porterhouse steak, and lobster mac and cheese). We were treated to a champagne toast to start our dinner and ended with a nice dessert duo. Both on the house! We didn't know it was Restaurant Week so it was more crowded than usual but our 1 year old who tagged along didn't seem to mind it. My wife says hands down the best crab cakes and steak in Seattle. And we've been to a LOT of steakhouses in the area. Service is ALWAYS great.Special Features:
- Fancy MediocreInternetsTadVIPDined on 10/28/2014I'm glad that we visited Capital Grille during Seattle Restaurant Week since I would have been outraged for paying any more for what we got. My 14oz bone-in sirloin was about 70% gristle and just not very good at all. I've honestly had better steak at Outback Steakhouse. The Atmosphere was nice, and the service was ok, but neither were anything like I've come to expect at actual high-end steakhouses. The Capital Grille Seattle is a mediocre, (incredibly) over-priced steak place with fancy furnishings. We won't be back.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/28/2014top quality service and top quality food. We went for restaurant week again and this place never disappoints.
- Corporate lunchOfficeInVicinityDined on 10/28/2014Went there for lunch with the team. Table was ready when we arrived. Since it was Restaurant Week, we decided to order from the special menu. The soup portion was small but the soup was delicious. Service was prompt and the servers filled our waters instantly. The entree was good, but our expectations were really high at this point, and it just missed to meet them. However, the service made up for it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2014Great service! Challenging to have relaxing dinner convesation with extremely loud and lively bar nose level.
- For a chain, it doesn't get better.yumchumDined on 10/27/2014Went here with a friend for lunch on restaurant week. It was busy, which is to be expected on such a joyous occasion. Their menu was pretty simple, and focused on delivering high quality, seasonal ingredients. I had the porcini mushroom soup and their shaved filet sandwich. The soup wasn't too heavy (for a cream-based soup) and packed a lot of flavor. The sandwich was really delicious and reminded me a little of Paseo, but a lot less messy! Overall, a well-balanced, not-too-heavy lunch. I'd recommend it if you're visiting and are looking for something familiar.Special Features:
- great dinnerTodd7b7Dined on 10/26/2014Outstanding food and service Stephanie was exceptional and Chris made perfect suggestions with our dinner choices many thanks for a special eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining At The Capital Grille!maryVIPDined on 10/26/2014This was our third visit to the Capital Grille, and maybe it was because of restaurant week but I feel that the experience was flat. We were here with another couple. We all opted for the evening's special---a three course dinner which included appetizer, main course and dessert for $30. Unheard of at a pricey steakhouse! We all had salad, and two of us the kona rubbed NY steak, and two the filet. The filets were unevenly cut--one person got a thinner cut than another and as a result unevenly cooked---overdone. The same with the NY steaks---one undercooked, one just right. The sides of mushrooms, green beans, and potatoes au gratin were all good. But nothing was exceptional, unlike what we've experienced on other visits.Special Features:
- good but not greatlove2bicycleDined on 10/25/2014our dinners were tasty, but we've had better steaks across town, and the creamed spinach, while good, could have been better with the addition of something to spice it up like bits of bacon or garlic. The restaurant is nicely appointed and the service was great, but they need to take it an extra notch to make us swoon....Special Features:
- winegirlVIPDined on 10/25/2014Another amazing dinner at Capital Grille. We LOVE this place. The food is always great, and the service is even better. The servers are attentive but never intrusive. They are also very personable.Special Features:
- Best SEA Dining Experience to datesummersurferVIPDined on 10/23/2014While this restaurant is part of a chain, they definitely do many things extremely well. And given the polished experience we had, we can only assume that high quality is the rule here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/23/2014Capital Grille in Seattle has awesome service and food! Our arrived 30 minutes early for our reservation and took advantage of their happy hour menu which was very good, food as well as drinks. We were seated as soon as our reservation time started which is rare for a busy Thursday night. Our service staff were all very friendly, the food was excellent. Highly recommend this Capital Grille!
- CherylVIPDined on 10/23/2014We love the East Coast feel of this restaurant. The great service starts with the hostess, then the waiter, then the manager visiting our table. The butternut squash soup was amazing, and the filet melted in our mouths. We also enjoyed the very cremey brûlée for desert. The only criticism we have is the lonely piece of meat on that huge white plate. We did get a side, but it was in its own dish. The meat definitely should have either been on a smaller plate, or put a couple of asparagus spears or a mushroom, or something besides a couple basil leaves for greenery. Other than that, The Capital Grille is the place to go for a special dinner.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodPkfinedineDined on 10/23/2014We came here for my mothers 80th birthday and the food was fantastic. They recalled me mentioning her birthday when I made the reservation weeks before and had a card on the table for her when we arrived. Great start and it kept rolling right through dessert. The meal was fantastic, one of the best meals I've had out, and the service was excellent. Five stars all the way around.Special Features:
- MsztranDined on 10/23/2014Service here was great. Our waiter, Chris, was amazing. He was friendly and funny and was able to recommend us a good wine to go with our delicious dinner. If anyone goes there after reading this review as for him to be your waiter.!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the normMotivagentVIPDined on 10/23/2014I have rated this lower than what I have in the past because on this day, service and food value seemed to slip a bit. I am wondering if it had to do with Restaurant Week as they were packed! Unfortunately, it appeared our server was stretched with additional tables, as was the kitchen. With that said, I will go back since I am familiar with the staff and am confident they will correct any concerns.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the Greatest Steak EverLiaKDined on 10/22/2014Wonderful place for a special occasion if you appreciate a good steak! Both the sirloin and the filet were phenomenal, but the filet mignon was probably the best I've ever tasted.Special Features:
- great RestaurantLyleVIPDined on 10/22/2014This was the 1st time eating at capital grill, we received great service from Chris, and the Steaks were excellently prepared.
- Fantastic Place!FoodieGuyVIPDined on 10/22/2014We took a co-worker to lunch for her birthday celebration. Everything was excellent! From the food, the ambience, the location, and the service (Thank you, Cyndi!). Two thumbs up!Special Features:
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014celebrated my birthday dinner. we ordered off of the restaurateur week menu and the food was the delicious. our table was set up with birthday confetti and a birthday card and our server brought us champagne to toast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good foodMegjoyoDined on 10/20/2014I was lured in to Capital Grille for Seattle Restaurant Week twice--once for lunch and once for dinner. Both times the service was great. The lunch was excellent--I had butternut squash soup and some sort of shaved steak sandwich. Both were delicious. For dinner, I ordered the soup again (it was that good) and a steak. The steak had a delicious "Kona rub" that was made up of Kona coffee and cocoa powder. However, the steak wasn't cooked correctly. Both my husband and I ordered our steaks medium rare and both got what was best described as medium. I didn't send it back because it still tasted fine and we had tickets to the theatre following dinner, but I would expect a steak house to cook a steak correctly to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply ScrumptiousPiPerDined on 10/19/2014Capital Grille has the best steaks in the city, by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good... but not quite enoughSomeoneSomewhereVIPDined on 10/19/2014Food here is normally excellent, so we were a bit disappointed when the food was merely pretty good. The filet was tender but bland, a nice hunk of meat but with nothing on top in terms of spice or crust. The top sirloin was well crusted but was otherwise a not terribly exciting cut, not tough but not tender either. Granted, they were very busy, even busier than usual, but it really seemed off, with attention to detail lacking. We'll give it another try at some point, unsure whether it was a temporary aberration or the start of a slide downhill.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014We have been there for lunch and dinner and really enjoyed the food; the decor is elegant and at dinner the waiters were a little pushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisDined on 10/19/2014Food and service were amazing. The butternut soup was the best and my steak was perfect.Special Features: