The Capital Grille - Seattle
1301 4th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Seattle
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 2063820900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Roy Hyman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Seattle
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in the Cobb Building at 4th & University. Join us for happy hour Monday through Friday from 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Capital Grille - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Capital Grille - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
194 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (144)notable wine list (99)fit for foodies (86)romantic (84)good for groups (61)neighborhood gem (44)great for lunch (36)hot spot (34)vibrant bar scene (29)late-night find (14)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Best SEA Dining Experience to datesummersurferVIPDined on 10/23/2014While this restaurant is part of a chain, they definitely do many things extremely well. And given the polished experience we had, we can only assume that high quality is the rule here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CherylVIPDined on 10/23/2014We love the East Coast feel of this restaurant. The great service starts with the hostess, then the waiter, then the manager visiting our table. The butternut squash soup was amazing, and the filet melted in our mouths. We also enjoyed the very cremey brûlée for desert. The only criticism we have is the lonely piece of meat on that huge white plate. We did get a side, but it was in its own dish. The meat definitely should have either been on a smaller plate, or put a couple of asparagus spears or a mushroom, or something besides a couple basil leaves for greenery. Other than that, The Capital Grille is the place to go for a special dinner.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014We came here for my mothers 80th birthday and the food was fantastic. They recalled me mentioning her birthday when I made the reservation weeks before and had a card on the table for her when we arrived. Great start and it kept rolling right through dessert. The meal was fantastic, one of the best meals I've had out, and the service was excellent. Five stars all the way around.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/23/2014Service here was great. Our waiter, Chris, was amazing. He was friendly and funny and was able to recommend us a good wine to go with our delicious dinner. If anyone goes there after reading this review as for him to be your waiter.!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the normMotivagentVIPDined on 10/23/2014I have rated this lower than what I have in the past because on this day, service and food value seemed to slip a bit. I am wondering if it had to do with Restaurant Week as they were packed! Unfortunately, it appeared our server was stretched with additional tables, as was the kitchen. With that said, I will go back since I am familiar with the staff and am confident they will correct any concerns.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the Greatest Steak EverLiaKDined on 10/22/2014Wonderful place for a special occasion if you appreciate a good steak! Both the sirloin and the filet were phenomenal, but the filet mignon was probably the best I've ever tasted.Special Features:
- Fantastic Place!FoodieGuyVIPDined on 10/22/2014We took a co-worker to lunch for her birthday celebration. Everything was excellent! From the food, the ambience, the location, and the service (Thank you, Cyndi!). Two thumbs up!Special Features:
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014celebrated my birthday dinner. we ordered off of the restaurateur week menu and the food was the delicious. our table was set up with birthday confetti and a birthday card and our server brought us champagne to toast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good foodMegjoyoDined on 10/20/2014I was lured in to Capital Grille for Seattle Restaurant Week twice--once for lunch and once for dinner. Both times the service was great. The lunch was excellent--I had butternut squash soup and some sort of shaved steak sandwich. Both were delicious. For dinner, I ordered the soup again (it was that good) and a steak. The steak had a delicious "Kona rub" that was made up of Kona coffee and cocoa powder. However, the steak wasn't cooked correctly. Both my husband and I ordered our steaks medium rare and both got what was best described as medium. I didn't send it back because it still tasted fine and we had tickets to the theatre following dinner, but I would expect a steak house to cook a steak correctly to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good... but not quite enoughSomeoneSomewhereVIPDined on 10/19/2014Food here is normally excellent, so we were a bit disappointed when the food was merely pretty good. The filet was tender but bland, a nice hunk of meat but with nothing on top in terms of spice or crust. The top sirloin was well crusted but was otherwise a not terribly exciting cut, not tough but not tender either. Granted, they were very busy, even busier than usual, but it really seemed off, with attention to detail lacking. We'll give it another try at some point, unsure whether it was a temporary aberration or the start of a slide downhill.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014We have been there for lunch and dinner and really enjoyed the food; the decor is elegant and at dinner the waiters were a little pushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisDined on 10/19/2014Food and service were amazing. The butternut soup was the best and my steak was perfect.Special Features:
- Dinner @ The Capital GrilleBrandyAnnie1Dined on 10/19/2014I choose The Capital Grille because I had never been and it was featured on Seattle Restaurant Week plus being close to the 5th Avenue Theater. You've gained a new customer, and your overall service was beyond my expectations. All the wait staff were gracious and professional. The food was exceptional, I can't remember the last time I so enjoyed such a fabulous meal. Everything couldn't have been better.Special Features:
- An Overall good ExperienceSigmagumiDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I wanted to take our two sons, young men in their own right, to a nice dinner out to celebrate the opportunity to be together. The ambiance and food at The Capital Grill served our purpose well, but the server left a bit to be desired. Though the Gent was knowledgeable about the menu, he seemed well out of place at this more upbeat and sophisticated local. My suggestion, try this this gem and way more often than not you will not be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Capital Grille is Wonderful2dineDined on 10/17/2014The Capital Grille always makes a special occasion very special. They anticipate every detail, if you are wearing dark clothing they provide a black napkin, light clothing, a white napkin. I wish other restaurants would be that observant. I've come away with lint all over me from napkins provided at some restaurants. Their service is impeccable, the food is alway excellent and beautifully presented. Capital Grille is a restaurant that cares about meeting and exceeding its customers expectations for a dining experience. Whether you are with a group or as a couple, the service is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/15/2014The atmosphere is great - typical dark wood of a nice steakhouse, but the vibrant art and lively, but not intrusive music keep it from being stuffy. The servers are ready to answer any question or make recommendations. My filet was perfectly cooked and the scallop potatoes and wedge salad were both delicious. Free valet parking makes going downtown easy. And the fact that they time it so your car is waiting on you when you walk out (without requesting it) really brings the service level over the top.Special Features:
- Excellent service / Salty foodGoodMexicanVIPDined on 10/15/2014Super excellent service, our waiter and other service staff were very attentive. I love it when my water glass is kept full. The waiter was thoughtful to validate our timing for dinner and ensured we could get to the theater on time. My lamb was delicious; my nephew enjoyed his surf & turf. Seemed all food items were over salted though. Otherwise I would have improved the food score. I would request it to be less or not at all next time. The meat, salads and other products were quite high quality. Wine list was excellent both by the bottle and by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantKrisVIPDined on 10/14/2014Always amazing service at the Capital Grill. Our server was outstanding. The food was good. We love going here, as it is close to the 5th Avenue Theatre.Special Features:
- Great restaurant for a special timeJoyceVIPDined on 10/14/2014Excellent! The food, service and atmosphere were the best, and the value of the food was equal to the price!Special Features:
- Can I just say.......a lifesaver!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We just finished our tour at Chihuly and the Space Needle. We wanted to finish our last day of vacation at a great restaurant. Since it was our last night, we wanted to go all out. Open Table made it easy for us to make a reservation online/moblie at The Capitol Grille within 10 minutes. Coming from the Seahawks game we thought that everyplace in downtown Seattle would's be booked. Thank goodness for OpenTable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After Symphony DinnerDavidRVIPDined on 10/12/2014It had been quite some time since we had been to the Capital Grille. Everything was perfect. Our server was one of the best we've encountered, anywhere! We will definitely keep Capital Grille in our fine dining restaurant 'rotation'!Special Features:
- Steaks OutstandingSteakGreatLobsterNotDined on 10/11/2014The steaks were outstanding. Lobster was a little overcooked and came in a pile and barely resembled a tail. Would stay away from the lobster
- Capital Grille SeattleBrystockDined on 10/10/2014We went to Capital Grille to celebrate my birthday. The restaurant had very graciously handwritten a card thanking me for celebrating my special day with them. Our waiter was outstanding. He was efficient, polite and offered helpful suggestions when needed. Our starter was Lobster Mac & Cheese which was delicious. That dish, with the tasty complimentary bread, would have been a meal alone. Our steaks, while quite good, were a bit fattier and gristly than we expected for the price. For dessert, I was presented with a complimentary dessert plate with Happy Birthday written in chocolate, along with an amazing small round piece of cheesecake with fresh fruit and an espresso brownie. Overall, the experience was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overrated and expensivefoodloverDined on 10/10/2014Conveniently located near the symphony and the art museums. We ordered two chef's special - filet mignon on bones for $61 each... Overrated! Not worth the money. The chocolate hazelnut cake was just okay, nothing special. Do t think there's any reason for me to return.Special Features:
- GeorgiasgirlVIPDined on 10/7/2014My staff took me there for my birthday. The waiter was so attentive, and brought us a handwritten birthday card, free champagne and dessert, and took our picture which I received in a very nice card. It really made my day and that lunch will not be forgotten!Special Features:
- Capitol GrilleJARedmondDined on 10/4/2014Best preparation of lamb chops I've ever had: Rubbed in ground Kona, perfectly done. Huge portion. My companion had a superb steak au poivre, which I sampled. The waiter recommended a very fine wine and couldn't have been more helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coco-nut-yOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/3/2014Although we came here for steak, I left wanting to come back for their coconut cream pie. Amazing. Great service and nice wine selection. The Met still has my favorite steak, but this was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinner, like alwaysshayemDined on 10/2/2014Service was knowledgeable, friendly and attentive. The food was amazing (went with a filet), and the wine list is impressive. There is something for everyone at this restaurant, and it is perfect for a night out, date night, special occasion, or a night you would like to feel pampered and have a great meal.Special Features:
- First TimerDaveVIPDined on 10/2/2014Great atmosphere, service and food outstanding - particularly the steaks. Will do back again and make it a regular stop.Special Features:
- Not Coming BackOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/1/2014While I've only dined at this restaurant on the east coast, I'll say the experience in Seattle was far different. Our waiter was less than attentive, to say the least. We had to ask him for bread/butter numerous times, as he forgot. While I asked to have no onions in my Risotto (which he highly recommended) it had onions anyway. Though they fixed it, it made for a very awkward business lunch, as everyone was eating while I was waiting. To make things worse, the meal was flavorless and I left hungry. Horrible experience overall.
- Great All Around!tonyDined on 9/27/2014From the hostess to the valet, everything was top notch. It's the little details such as giving the hostess replacing our white cloth napkins, to black without asking, the service was extremely attentive and quick to provide service, to the valet having our car ready as we came out. These attentive details are what go a long way. The food was also excellent - we had the crab cakes, onion soup, bleu wedge salad, bone-in filets, and cheese cakes for dinner. If I had any complaint, it would be for the "espresso". It seemed it was a strong coffee rather than espresso. Otherwise, everything was great! The scene is vibrant, yet classy. Excellent job Capital Grille! Will be back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RionDined on 9/26/2014excellent food... the filet was wonderfully prepared, wait staff very attentive.. they went all out for our special anniversary celebrationSpecial Features:
- Great experienceMoe12Dined on 9/20/2014Great quality food and service. Well priced compare to other upper end steak houses. They always make it special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Having eaten at all of the major steakhouses in the Seattle metro area, my wife and I decided to give the Capital Grill a try for her birthday celebration. It was a fantastic experience. This place is a real gem, albeit still flying (it would seem) under the radar of the majority of those who frequent such Seattle establishments. The food was excellent: including both the ingredients and the preparation (from the appetizers to the dessert). And, the entire staff, from the moment we walked in the door, seemed to be dedicated to making this an enjoyable and memorable evening. Frankly, they succeeded in spades.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille is a Capital Ideagts1VIPDined on 9/20/2014Have been to and reviewed The Capital Grille before. It's a great place to go for pre-theater dinner (one block walk to the 5th Avenue). The steaks are terrific, especially the Kona and Porcini rubbed ones (sirloin and rib-eye respectively). Service is first rate.Special Features:
- Perfect EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We were open to ALL our servers suggestions and made for a great night out. For groups of 8, get the misc seafood platter. Its $99.00 but worth every penny! Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!LindaBVIPDined on 9/19/2014I have been to the CG in NY many times, this was my first time to the Seattle branch and it was even better than NY. Because CG uses local products, the lobster/crab cakes were made with Dungeness crab rather than blue crab (east coast). Dungeness crab is sweeter and more delicate. Same goes for the filet mignon oscar also with Dungeness crab, YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foof againSearchingforperfectionDined on 9/19/2014As always the CG outperforms other restaurants in the city. Great Service, Good ambiance, excellent Food. Five stars!Special Features:
- Outstanding DinnerBabsVIPDined on 9/18/2014Our steaks were amazing. I knew I wanted the Steak Oscar and wasn't disappointed. My husband had the Delmonico with the 15 year balsamic glaze... IT WAS FANTASTIC..... I will be enjoying the leftovers this evening. Service was excellent!Special Features:
- Birthday destinationOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/17/2014The capital Grille has become our default restaurant for birthday celebrations. We have been to this restaurant for different friends birthdays for the last three years and it never disappoints. The food is always delicious, the staff is always friendly and attentive, it's just a great experience overall. Although it's in the middle of downtown Seattle, and does not have a parking lot, it does offer valet parking which is really convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.