The Capital Grille - Seattle
1301 4th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Seattle
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 2063820900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Roy Hyman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Seattle
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in the Cobb Building at 4th & University. Join us for happy hour Monday through Friday from 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Capital Grille - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Capital Grille - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (128)notable wine list (96)romantic (79)fit for foodies (77)good for groups (53)neighborhood gem (41)hot spot (35)great for lunch (33)vibrant bar scene (28)late-night find (12)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- ChrisDined on 10/19/2014Food and service were amazing. The butternut soup was the best and my steak was perfect.Special Features:
- Dinner @ The Capital GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/19/2014I choose The Capital Grille because I had never been and it was featured on Seattle Restaurant Week plus being close to the 5th Avenue Theater. You've gained a new customer, and your overall service was beyond my expectations. All the wait staff were gracious and professional. The food was exceptional, I can't remember the last time I so enjoyed such a fabulous meal. Everything couldn't have been better.Special Features:
- An Overall good ExperienceSigmagumiDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I wanted to take our two sons, young men in their own right, to a nice dinner out to celebrate the opportunity to be together. The ambiance and food at The Capital Grill served our purpose well, but the server left a bit to be desired. Though the Gent was knowledgeable about the menu, he seemed well out of place at this more upbeat and sophisticated local. My suggestion, try this this gem and way more often than not you will not be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Capital Grille is Wonderful2dineDined on 10/17/2014The Capital Grille always makes a special occasion very special. They anticipate every detail, if you are wearing dark clothing they provide a black napkin, light clothing, a white napkin. I wish other restaurants would be that observant. I've come away with lint all over me from napkins provided at some restaurants. Their service is impeccable, the food is alway excellent and beautifully presented. Capital Grille is a restaurant that cares about meeting and exceeding its customers expectations for a dining experience. Whether you are with a group or as a couple, the service is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/15/2014The atmosphere is great - typical dark wood of a nice steakhouse, but the vibrant art and lively, but not intrusive music keep it from being stuffy. The servers are ready to answer any question or make recommendations. My filet was perfectly cooked and the scallop potatoes and wedge salad were both delicious. Free valet parking makes going downtown easy. And the fact that they time it so your car is waiting on you when you walk out (without requesting it) really brings the service level over the top.Special Features:
- Excellent service / Salty foodGoodMexicanVIPDined on 10/15/2014Super excellent service, our waiter and other service staff were very attentive. I love it when my water glass is kept full. The waiter was thoughtful to validate our timing for dinner and ensured we could get to the theater on time. My lamb was delicious; my nephew enjoyed his surf & turf. Seemed all food items were over salted though. Otherwise I would have improved the food score. I would request it to be less or not at all next time. The meat, salads and other products were quite high quality. Wine list was excellent both by the bottle and by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantKrisVIPDined on 10/14/2014Always amazing service at the Capital Grill. Our server was outstanding. The food was good. We love going here, as it is close to the 5th Avenue Theatre.Special Features:
- Great restaurant for a special timeJoyceVIPDined on 10/14/2014Excellent! The food, service and atmosphere were the best, and the value of the food was equal to the price!Special Features:
- Can I just say.......a lifesaver!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We just finished our tour at Chihuly and the Space Needle. We wanted to finish our last day of vacation at a great restaurant. Since it was our last night, we wanted to go all out. Open Table made it easy for us to make a reservation online/moblie at The Capitol Grille within 10 minutes. Coming from the Seahawks game we thought that everyplace in downtown Seattle would's be booked. Thank goodness for OpenTable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After Symphony DinnerDavidRVIPDined on 10/12/2014It had been quite some time since we had been to the Capital Grille. Everything was perfect. Our server was one of the best we've encountered, anywhere! We will definitely keep Capital Grille in our fine dining restaurant 'rotation'!Special Features:
- Steaks OutstandingSteakGreatLobsterNotDined on 10/11/2014The steaks were outstanding. Lobster was a little overcooked and came in a pile and barely resembled a tail. Would stay away from the lobster
- Capital Grille SeattleBrystockDined on 10/10/2014We went to Capital Grille to celebrate my birthday. The restaurant had very graciously handwritten a card thanking me for celebrating my special day with them. Our waiter was outstanding. He was efficient, polite and offered helpful suggestions when needed. Our starter was Lobster Mac & Cheese which was delicious. That dish, with the tasty complimentary bread, would have been a meal alone. Our steaks, while quite good, were a bit fattier and gristly than we expected for the price. For dessert, I was presented with a complimentary dessert plate with Happy Birthday written in chocolate, along with an amazing small round piece of cheesecake with fresh fruit and an espresso brownie. Overall, the experience was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overrated and expensivefoodloverDined on 10/10/2014Conveniently located near the symphony and the art museums. We ordered two chef's special - filet mignon on bones for $61 each... Overrated! Not worth the money. The chocolate hazelnut cake was just okay, nothing special. Do t think there's any reason for me to return.Special Features:
- GeorgiasgirlVIPDined on 10/7/2014My staff took me there for my birthday. The waiter was so attentive, and brought us a handwritten birthday card, free champagne and dessert, and took our picture which I received in a very nice card. It really made my day and that lunch will not be forgotten!Special Features:
- Capitol GrilleJARedmondDined on 10/4/2014Best preparation of lamb chops I've ever had: Rubbed in ground Kona, perfectly done. Huge portion. My companion had a superb steak au poivre, which I sampled. The waiter recommended a very fine wine and couldn't have been more helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coco-nut-yOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/3/2014Although we came here for steak, I left wanting to come back for their coconut cream pie. Amazing. Great service and nice wine selection. The Met still has my favorite steak, but this was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinner, like alwaysshayemDined on 10/2/2014Service was knowledgeable, friendly and attentive. The food was amazing (went with a filet), and the wine list is impressive. There is something for everyone at this restaurant, and it is perfect for a night out, date night, special occasion, or a night you would like to feel pampered and have a great meal.Special Features:
- First TimerDaveVIPDined on 10/2/2014Great atmosphere, service and food outstanding - particularly the steaks. Will do back again and make it a regular stop.Special Features:
- Not Coming BackOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/1/2014While I've only dined at this restaurant on the east coast, I'll say the experience in Seattle was far different. Our waiter was less than attentive, to say the least. We had to ask him for bread/butter numerous times, as he forgot. While I asked to have no onions in my Risotto (which he highly recommended) it had onions anyway. Though they fixed it, it made for a very awkward business lunch, as everyone was eating while I was waiting. To make things worse, the meal was flavorless and I left hungry. Horrible experience overall.
- Great All Around!tonyDined on 9/27/2014From the hostess to the valet, everything was top notch. It's the little details such as giving the hostess replacing our white cloth napkins, to black without asking, the service was extremely attentive and quick to provide service, to the valet having our car ready as we came out. These attentive details are what go a long way. The food was also excellent - we had the crab cakes, onion soup, bleu wedge salad, bone-in filets, and cheese cakes for dinner. If I had any complaint, it would be for the "espresso". It seemed it was a strong coffee rather than espresso. Otherwise, everything was great! The scene is vibrant, yet classy. Excellent job Capital Grille! Will be back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RionDined on 9/26/2014excellent food... the filet was wonderfully prepared, wait staff very attentive.. they went all out for our special anniversary celebrationSpecial Features:
- Great experienceMoe12Dined on 9/20/2014Great quality food and service. Well priced compare to other upper end steak houses. They always make it special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Having eaten at all of the major steakhouses in the Seattle metro area, my wife and I decided to give the Capital Grill a try for her birthday celebration. It was a fantastic experience. This place is a real gem, albeit still flying (it would seem) under the radar of the majority of those who frequent such Seattle establishments. The food was excellent: including both the ingredients and the preparation (from the appetizers to the dessert). And, the entire staff, from the moment we walked in the door, seemed to be dedicated to making this an enjoyable and memorable evening. Frankly, they succeeded in spades.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille is a Capital Ideagts1VIPDined on 9/20/2014Have been to and reviewed The Capital Grille before. It's a great place to go for pre-theater dinner (one block walk to the 5th Avenue). The steaks are terrific, especially the Kona and Porcini rubbed ones (sirloin and rib-eye respectively). Service is first rate.Special Features:
- Perfect EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We were open to ALL our servers suggestions and made for a great night out. For groups of 8, get the misc seafood platter. Its $99.00 but worth every penny! Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!LindaBVIPDined on 9/19/2014I have been to the CG in NY many times, this was my first time to the Seattle branch and it was even better than NY. Because CG uses local products, the lobster/crab cakes were made with Dungeness crab rather than blue crab (east coast). Dungeness crab is sweeter and more delicate. Same goes for the filet mignon oscar also with Dungeness crab, YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foof againSearchingforperfectionDined on 9/19/2014As always the CG outperforms other restaurants in the city. Great Service, Good ambiance, excellent Food. Five stars!Special Features:
- Outstanding DinnerBabsVIPDined on 9/18/2014Our steaks were amazing. I knew I wanted the Steak Oscar and wasn't disappointed. My husband had the Delmonico with the 15 year balsamic glaze... IT WAS FANTASTIC..... I will be enjoying the leftovers this evening. Service was excellent!Special Features:
- Birthday destinationOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/17/2014The capital Grille has become our default restaurant for birthday celebrations. We have been to this restaurant for different friends birthdays for the last three years and it never disappoints. The food is always delicious, the staff is always friendly and attentive, it's just a great experience overall. Although it's in the middle of downtown Seattle, and does not have a parking lot, it does offer valet parking which is really convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Ok...davevaiDined on 9/16/2014First time at this chain, the service was good, but the steaks were not ... just average ... Not worth the $ for the cut of steak. The food lacked any kind of kick, it was bland and over cooked. It wasn't terrible, but I don't think I would go back again. Many other better choices in the area.Special Features:
- What a delightNancyinSeattleDined on 9/15/2014From the moment we were seated, through exchange with the staff, to the appearance of a congratulations plate at the table for the one in our group who had just gotten a new job -- it was a perfect and wonderful experience. Gracious Host, charming server, and wonderful food! Two of our party were accommodated for an extended period of time after others in our group had to return to work. They felt relaxed and unrushed. I will certainly return and would recommend The Capital Grille to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great DinnerJoeSVIPDined on 9/14/2014Great place for dinner before the play. Always a great menu, great drinks, great serviceSpecial Features:
- It is like your private club.JoelDined on 9/11/2014From beginning to the end you are treated as if it is your private club.Special Features:
- SAMIDined on 9/9/2014Great service from Louis! Our meal was excellent! Would definitely recommend for special occasions.Special Features:
- SnobbyJKTPDined on 9/9/2014Ther was an air of snobbery that was experienced. Pleasantries offered were not genuine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QwkslvrcatDined on 9/9/2014The service was excellent. The food looked fabulous what everyone was having. I was a little disappointed with the grilled chicken caesar salad. The salad was excellent but the chicken, although cooked well and moist was bland. It came on the side, which was fine but could have benefitted from some of the salad dressing.Special Features:
- ExcellentFGagoVIPDined on 9/8/2014I am a fan of Capital Grille, food, service and ambiance were excellentSpecial Features:
- Unexpected ExcellenceRoadWarrior99Dined on 9/8/2014Selected this venue primarily because of the proximity to the hotel and the menu. Reception was genuinely welcoming and service was exceptional including being readily available without being interfering. Food selection and quality was great and surprise desert recognizing our special occasion which had not been preannounced was definitely service that surprises. This is definitely a do again venue.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatCASunshineDined on 9/6/2014You can always count on a high level of great service and consistency in great food. Whether for dinner or special occasion you can count on an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/30/2014The prociutto wrapped mozzarella was truly yum. Did not love my steak but I think I ordered the wrong kind. I would go medium rare over medium next time. Hubby's steak was excellently charred.Special Features: