The Capital Grille - Seattle
1301 4th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Seattle
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 2063820900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Roy Hyman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Seattle
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in the Cobb Building at 4th & University. Join us for happy hour Monday through Friday from 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Capital Grille - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Capital Grille - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (120)notable wine list (84)romantic (79)fit for foodies (62)good for groups (44)great for lunch (33)neighborhood gem (30)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (22)great for brunch (11)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/30/2014The prociutto wrapped mozzarella was truly yum. Did not love my steak but I think I ordered the wrong kind. I would go medium rare over medium next time. Hubby's steak was excellently charred.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food and Atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Had dinner at The Capital Grille to celebrate anniversary and three birthdays - enjoyed our experience from the moment we walked in the front door! Hostess greeted us with a huge smile, our server was professional and had a fun sense of humor and the food and drink was amazing! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing steaksCharlieDined on 8/24/2014I brought my dad here for his 70th birthday and we had a great dinner. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the coconut cream pie was amazing! Thank you:)Special Features:
- 5-Star Service at Capital GrilleTracyCFBVIPDined on 8/22/2014We are long time regulars at the Capital Grille in Charlotte, NC, where we used to live. Bartenders remembered us, year after year (we did New Year's Eve for a few years running.) We took our 15 year old daughter for her birthday (her choice) and the Capital Grille Seattle could not have made her feel more special. Starting with the champagne/sparkling apple cider toast on the house and a personalized birthday card to thank her for celebrating her special day here, and ending with a dessert plate featuring two beautiful desserts lit by a single candle on a plate with Happy Birthday spelled out in dusted chocolate. As always the food was stellar, perfectly cooked steaks, great sides and great wine. A perfect evening for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014The staff are well trained professionals, the food was off the charts from start to finish and the price was in line with the service and quality.Special Features:
- World ClassOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014This is a very special dining experience. Four of us had different salads, entres and desserts. The food is perfect, perfectly served and the waitstaff impeccable. I wish we had dined there both nights we were in Seattle!Special Features:
- Incredible ServiceLoveluxefoodDined on 8/20/2014The service was top notch. The hosts were very welcoming. Our server, Omar, was attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable. The food was really good. We came here to celebrate my mother's birthday and they made her feel really special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeattleVIPDined on 8/18/2014Love, love, love The Capital Grille! The food is consistently good, and service is always attentive and friendly. I always choose The Capital Grille to celebrate birthdays - they go out of their way to make it special.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationDeepdale41Dined on 8/16/2014Capital Grille once again excelled at outstanding service, food and ambiance. For our group of 8, we got a private room which afforded us the pleasant opportunity to chit-chat to our hearts content while thoroughly enjoying the great food and stellar service in a serene setting. Everything was perfect as we've come to expect with this franchise and this particular restaurant. Our experience was topped off with a delectable birthday dessert replete with candle and the letters "Happy Birthday" scrolled in chocolate. Needless to say, me wife was quite happy. Thanks Capital Grille and special thanks to your experienced and professional staff.Special Features:
- Awesome food and excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014This was my first time trying Capital Grille and I was very impressed. The filet was tender and mouth watering and was cooked just right. We split a wedge salad, au gratin potatoes, green beans and creamed corn. Everything was delicious. I especially love the au gratin potatoes. Our server, Andy, was very attentive and made some excellent suggestions. All in all a great dining experience. I will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014I have been here several times. Interestingly enough, have always had the same server(Chris, who is terrific). The food is always good. I don't hesitate to take out of town guests (even from foreign countries) there. They are always pleased. I would happily go back to the Capital Grille again and again. I would really like a tour of the kitchen and where they dry age the meat. My uncle was a butcher so I have quite an interest in their process.Special Features:
- What a treat!bwillVIPDined on 8/12/2014We always enjoy our lunches at Capital Grille, but lunch on the 12th was outstanding! We were celebrating my friend's birthday and everything, from start with confetti and a birthday card on the table to finish with tasty desserts, champagne, and a birthday photo, was wonderful. Big thanks to Matthew C. for his fantastic service and charm!Special Features:
- The Capital GrilleJdil4Dined on 8/9/2014Have been here several times. Always good and worth the drive from Everett. Special fun that night with our very special friendsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Steve the general manager is very kind and visits the table and greets you at the front ...very nice , Also Omar is one of the best SERVERS in the business ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extra touch: Nutritional itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014My husband requires a low-sodium diet to manage his Meniere's Disease; we were pleased to discover that The Capital Grille provides nutritional information in the back of their wine list. This is a rare thing to discover in a restaurant, and it took away all the questions about which items to order. We had the Delmonico w/shrimp topper, grilled asparagus, roasted mushrooms, and both the cheesecake (with outstanding creme brulee topping) and coconut cream pie (which yes, rivals the Tom Douglas!). We'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2014this was our first visit to the Capital Grille and we have been looking forward to the experience because of all of the reviews. We were sat at our table and it took way too long to even be addressed. After we ordered the food took way too long and the waitress would rarely check in with our table. As for the steak... it was sub par. nice crust on the steak but for the reviews for how "perfect" it should have been it fell way short. the sauce was ok... it was all just ok. and for a $200 dinner it needs to be "Perfect". after waiting 20 mins to get the check, after we told our waiter that we had plans that we had to get to quickly, we paid and my credit card was charged $50 more than what the bill was presented to us for.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Great experience but it is an expensive restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassandymacnoonDined on 8/2/2014We had a fabulous dinner with excellent service in a place with class and a great bar. The valet parking was much appreciated.Special Features:
- Awesome foodKram50Dined on 8/2/2014This is one of the better establishments for a great steak and family style dining. I've eaten at many steak places and Capital Grill is at the top of my list. Wait staff awesome and they made us feel right at home. I will recommend it to everyone and will return every chance it get. KRamSpecial Features:
- Great job at Cap Grill SeattleBayouCowboyDined on 8/1/2014In the notes page of the Open Tae App, I mentioned it was our anniversary. The staff was great at making it a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than last time!johnnyoDined on 7/31/2014Food was fine- only complaint is that the 16 oz bone in filet was a bit thin on the edge, and this resulted in it being cooked to medium when the steak was ordered medium rare +. I think the chef needs to understand if the cut of meat doesn't support the way it was ordered, then reach into the container and grab a different steak! Sides were good, dessert was fine. Service was almost solid- only miss was checking in on drinks and keeping them flowing- soda, water, and beers. We will be back, because we live in Seattle- but we'd prefer to go to the Grille in Atlanta Buckhead!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calais08Dined on 7/30/2014EVERY visit (at least 30) to the Seattle Capital Grille has been excellent and every meal Luscious! From the hostess to the servers to the bussers to management, I have never been more impressed while dining for lunch with coworkers or dinner with friends. I can't say enough of the attention to detail this establishment consistently demonstrates, e.g., greeting me by name upon arrival; inquiring about time constraints; decorating the table for birthday reservations; ensuring all our meals are prepared as requested; and the attentiveness after we receive our meals. I've been patronizing it since they opened. It is my FAVORITE restaurant in downtown Seattle for lunch and special occasions in the evening. I can't wait for my next visit! KUDOS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticJALLDined on 7/26/2014I think all the foods that I ordered are cooked perfectly. I was with my parents and they also agreed with me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic styleSeaBitsDined on 7/24/2014The salmon was perfectly cooked and the vegetarian accommodation was imaginative and flavorful. Not an every day choice, but a place to celebrate and mark occasions.Special Features:
- Had a Great Anniversary DinnerCinhartDined on 7/19/2014I casually mentioned it was our 34th anniversary when we were seated. Soon our table was sprinkled with red sequined hearts and two glasses of champagne arrived. A nice note was hand written with congratulations. It was unexpected and made our evening start on a good note. Our server, Andy was very attentive and informative. There was a special wine event called Generous Pour and it was flights of wine for tasting, but instead of just being sips, your glass was filled. We sampled 5 wines, White, Red and Dessert. The cost was $25/per person. We ordered steaks and sides of green beans and tomatoes and shared a spinach salad. We spent 2 1/2 hours over dinner and it was a perfect anniversary.
- AMAZING Service, Patient StaffShiftDriftDreamDined on 7/16/2014I had booked while out of town and told the restaurant that we were celebrating a birthday. When we checked in with the Maitre d' he apologized for a five minute wait. 90 seconds later, we were escorted to a booth that had been decorated with birthday confetti and a hand-written note from the staff. Our server, Matthew, insisted we have a drink to toast the birthday, and served us complimentary glasses of champagne (which very clearly did not come from a $4 bottle that you often find elsewhere or on New Year's Eve). The staff overall was brilliant. Our reservation was at 8pm and the whole dining experience took about three hours. We were the last table in the restaurant and the staff still pleasant. Even the valet waited.Special Features:
- Wonderful surpriseLTEODined on 7/13/2014The Capitol Grill really went out of their way for my husbands birthday! The table was festive - champagne and even complimentary deserts! As usual - the food was delicious and the servant incredible! We will definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Exceptional!steveDined on 7/12/2014Great food; exceptional service! Expensive, but more than worth it!Special Features:
- Simply FabulousscoutVIPDined on 7/12/2014After a concert at the Benaroya Hall it was a short walk to this wonderful restaurant. A very traditional atmosphere with a little bit of a "mountain lodge" tossed in. The service was perfect - actually more than perfect. Our waiter was friendly, courteous, very informative and helpful with suggestions. My better half and I decided to share a steak dinner. Our waiter offered to have the kitchen cook it to our individual tastes. My partner chose rare and I chose medium. It was served on separate plates and cooked to perfection for both of us. What a treat and a joy to find this first class service. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Spotty servicesmiths22VIPDined on 7/10/2014Food always good although salads mediocre. Wine special going on which was fun. Steak good. Service very awkward and inconsistent. Like the Orange County location better.Special Features:
- Terrific dinner and service!Susan001VIPDined on 7/7/2014Our meal was delicious.. our service was excellent.. and the staff was great! What more could you ask for? Capital Grille is a favorite of ours and always provides us with a great experience. AND.. they are a block from the theater so it works wonderfully for before theater dining.Special Features:
- A++++Moe12Dined on 7/5/2014Again We had a great experience at Capital Grill. The food and wine were fabulous and the service was top notch. There is free Valet and the valet guy is polite and on the ball. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a solid dining experience206dinersDined on 7/1/2014My wife travels for business and The Capital Grille is often the restaurant of choice. Since coming to Seattle, The Capital Grille has become one of our favorite steak restaurants. The location and valet parking are convenient. The staff, service and food are always, always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was great. . . Chef was NOT!SomethingPretentiousDined on 6/28/2014The wait staff was very attentive and provided incredible service, especially given that the food was terrible! Steaks that were cremated on the outside and under-cooked on the inside. Also, "Porterhouse" seemed more like a T-bone. Lobster mac & Cheese - Lobster was over cooked and flavor was a little off. . . . Asparagus, over cooked and fiberous. Prosciutto wrapped mozzarella was OK. To their credit, wait staff did bring my concerns to the manager's attention and after discussion, they did comp us on the food. May consider for lunch some day to give them another chance.
- When in the states I always visitSusieDined on 6/27/2014A capital grille, seattle will not disappoint . Steaks and wine list are perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJRinGAVIPDined on 6/24/2014Service was good and the food was excellent. I would highly recommend the bone in filet. Great wine selection as well. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Destination restaurant for downtowncottonDined on 6/24/2014We love this restaurant. My wife and I save it for special occasions. Love the steaks and the red wine selection. Service is carried out with professionalism. We'll keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodOutstandinDined on 6/20/2014Food is good. Drinks are great. A nice place to go.Special Features:
- Theatre nights!TiffanyDined on 6/19/2014This restaurant was conveniently located a short one block walk from the 5th Avenue Theatre in Seattle. The food was presented and prepared well, and our waiter was on his toes! This is an expensive restaurant, but you certainly get what you pay for here, quality everything. If you are celebrating a special occasion while in Seattle, this is a perfect choice!Special Features:
- Amazing meatMiguelDined on 6/18/2014I was not really expecting such an outstanding quality in the meat that I had there. Incredible meat, great service and a very good evening. May be slightly over-priced but it's not something yoiu'll remember when the dinner ends. Great place.Special Features: