The Capital Grille - Scottsdale
16489 North Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (480) 348-1700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Travis Garner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact Linda Kammeyer at 480-348-1700.
A word from The Capital Grille - Scottsdale
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Capital Grille - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
The Capital Grille - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (91)notable wine list (60)romantic (56)fit for foodies (52)good for groups (29)neighborhood gem (22)great for lunch (20)great for outdoor dining (17)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- hiroVIPDined on 11/22/2014We were seated very close to kitchen (Noisy), steak was over cooked, waiter opened the wrong wine bottle and served it, waiter seemed too busy for our table (He had too many tables to serve), waiter brought wrong drink to one of us, waiter forgot to bring a salad to one of us.
- Excellent Experiene at The GrilleDJN1VIPDined on 11/22/2014The bar scene was great, the wine and food selection was awesome and the service was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatDrJimBVIPDined on 11/16/2014Have been to CG maybe 7-8 times. Have never had a bad meal. The balsamic glazed ribeye is one of the best steaks I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great quality!MikeDined on 11/16/2014Really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere on a Sunday evening with friends... the food was excellent and so was the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DatenightdiningDined on 11/16/2014We had a wonderful dining experience at Capital Grille. We were immediately greeted and taken to our table, thanks to the convenience of making a reservation through Open Table. Our server was phenomenal, providing us with great explanations of both the food and drink menus and making recommendations. We were celebrating my husband's birthday a little early, and they brought us champagne and delicious dessert. I couldn't ask for a better experience and would gladly recommend Capital Grille to friends and family.Special Features:
- Great dinner!wellnessrnVIPDined on 11/8/2014We all got the wild mushroom wagyu beef burgers and we all loved them, absolutely delicious. I had the cab with it, an excellent choice. Hope they decide to continue the wagyu burgers beyond Nov. 23rd.Special Features:
- diningTraciVIPDined on 11/1/2014We love the Capital Grill's ambiance and service. They do a fabulous job for anniversaries.Special Features:
- Terrific Steaks and LambJimAZVIPDined on 11/1/2014All four members of our group had superb meals. The spinach salad was first rate and my filet was as tender as can be - and perfectly cooked. Our server, Joe, was excellent, very professional, and made the evening a real delight. We will happily return.Special Features:
- CathyVIPDined on 10/31/2014Menu is too limited and steaks not cooked as per ordered wine list extensive and excellent selections available wines by the glass selection is limitedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital GrilleJonKDined on 10/28/2014This place is for business luncheons and dinners. Too expensive for the normal out to dinner occasion.Special Features:
- Great foodBurkeDiningDined on 10/27/2014Had a great dinner! Was very nice and relaxing place to take family! Thanks!Special Features:
- Great place to splurgeBarryDined on 10/25/2014Celebrated 20 yrs in AZ with friends here - about 16 in our group - accommodations and service was top notch - food was excellent. Everyone fully enjoyed themselves without a single complaint - One tip - if you have a large go for the 3 liter wine bottles which are equivalent to 4 normal sized bottles for the price of two.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/25/2014The service was slow, it was well over an hour before we got our main course. It was good but for the price should be better.
- Warm atmosphere!BarbiedahlDined on 10/25/2014The food is always very good. You can't go wrong with the Mac and cheese with lobster...yum... And the calamari is the best ever! The only thing we didn't like was the Brussel sprouts..they had a burnt weird taste and they were not cooked long enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice experiencewellnessrnVIPDined on 10/25/2014As always the food was good. After trying several different steaks probably the best is the porcini rubbed Delmonico with 15 year old aged balsamic. Tasty and tender. The side to share Brussel sprouts are excellent, cooked just to tender. The service has been better, don't know if it was our waitress was overwhelmed with diners inside since we were on the smoking patio but she had to be reminded of things several times through our first 2 courses and when we had friends join us she came by when they first arrived and then we didn't see her or one of her assistants for probably a 1/2 hour or more and had finally mention it to the manager, Brian.Special Features:
- Food was subparMissyDined on 10/25/2014We go to Scottsdale yearly and this was always one of our stops. We won't be going back. Our server was very attentive, (almost too attentive), but the food was not good. Crab legs were the special and the "chef does all the work for you". I ordered a filet and a half-pound of crab legs, at which point I was informed that they were $27 a half-pound, which I agreed to. When my plate came, the crab legs were not only not shelled, they were not hot. Neither was my filet. My husband's steak was not hot either. The crab legs were over cooked and would not come out in one piece, so they came out in stringy, inedible pieces. I should have sent them back. My server noticed that they were not shelled, but offered nothing. Won't be back
- You don't eat ambianceskepticDined on 10/23/2014Yes the place has great ambiance. But the food was nothing to write home about. The service was efficient but "cold". Hardly justifies the pricesSpecial Features:
- consistently excellentnprmarquesaDined on 10/22/2014This is our favorite special event restaurant. The food is always great as is the service. We never worry when we dine at the Capital Grille.Special Features:
- Consistently good!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/17/2014Have dined here many times....always good food and attentive service.Special Features:
- Anniversary GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/8/2014My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful 9th anniversary dinner at the Capital Grille in Scottsdale. Our server Michael was outstanding; just the right amount of attention without being overbearing. The restaurant recognized our anniversary (mentioned in our Open Table reservation) and had a lovely tablescape with rose petals and hearts. The food was excellent and the wine list fabulous. We would certainly choose this again, especially for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's our go-to for fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2014While the architects shape the room - it's the staff that creates the ambiance. Gina and company were a pleasure and we were happy to share our time and conversation during the exquisite meal.Special Features:
- Monday night footballhippyVIPDined on 10/6/2014Got a great booth/table with views of three tv's in the bar. Gina was a terrific server who has a great personality and paced our meal perfectly. We enjoyed the special of Wagyu burgers and truffle fries that included a glass of wine. It was cooked to perfection and tasted wonderful. We enjoyed our experience so much that we've made reservations for next MondaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 10/4/2014Best place in Phoenix to go for a special occasion. The food is exceptional, as is the service.Special Features:
- great visitHerb3VIPDined on 10/1/2014Food and service was great. It was our anniversary and they just did a wonderful job to make us feel at home. Well done.
- LikepastaDined on 9/28/2014We always enjoy Capital Grille and like to go with friends. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerDaveHVIPDined on 9/22/2014We were greeted by name and seated promptly at a table set with rose petals and a greeting card to celebrate our anniversary. The mozzarella, tomato and basil salad was superb as was the lobster bisque. The steaks were juicy, cooked to order and full of flavor. However, my one disappointment of the entire evening was the charring on the outside of the steaks. There is a difference between searing and charring and the thick coating of black on the steaks detracted from the overall quality of the meat. Our side dish was the creamed corn which was firm well-seasoned and with a nice balance of corn and sauce. We received complimentary celebratory cheesecake and chocolate cake on an anniversary plate with complimentary champagne. Truly memorableSpecial Features:
- Loved it!TobyVIPDined on 9/21/2014Loved our dinner at the Capital Grille. Very nice ambiance, impeccable service and delicious, creative menu. We have to "tip our hat" to Janet, our server. She was so approachable, professional and perceptive. I was a bit cold. Janet realized it and brought me a pashmina and. caringly. put it around me. Wanted to take her home!Special Features:
- Favorite steakhouseTbyrdDined on 9/21/2014I dined at Capital Grille and thoroughly enjoyed it!! The waiter, Kevin, remembered me from my last visit which was amazing! He made me feel comfortable and very welcome. The dinner was paced very well. The filet was very tender and didn't need a steak knife to cut it! This is my favorite steakhouse for special occasions! I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Hidden GemSuannDined on 9/20/2014Business casual dining. Service tremendous by Michael K. The steaks we had melted in your mouth. Garlic mashed and asparagus with a devine bread basket. Definitely a place to return too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week AdventureWorldTravelerDined on 9/19/20141st time at this location. Decided to try for restaurant week. 3 of us order steak (2 sirloin, 1 filet). 4th ordered salmon. All food presented well. Except for the fact that the Kona coating on the sirloins was a bit salty, all meals properly cooked. Desert a bit disappointing. Overall, for the cost, a satisfying evening. Excellent service and we never felt rushed to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointinglovetoeatDined on 9/19/2014Capital Grille has been our go-to place for celebrations for years. Sadly, the quality of the steaks has diminished, the salad and bread were not as fresh as in the past. We will look for other places to celebrate.
- Great nightDJN1VIPDined on 9/19/2014The food was great, ambiance perfect and the service was even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 9/18/2014THere's no restaurant in the Phoenix area that can beat Capital Grille for their food and service.Special Features:
- Great Steak. Everything else fair.DonBDined on 9/11/2014Started with steak tartare. Presentation was horrible. Stacked up like a birthday cake on a ton of capers and difficult to fork onto the bread. Speaking of the bread that came with it.... inedible...kind of chewy like old leather; finally asked the waiter for some pita chips. Stay away from the steak tartare. Ordered the Porterhouse medium rare and it was great. Cooked to perfection, tender and tasty. The sides: sauteed spinach- huge chunks of garlic; potatoes au gratin: tasty but so rich that one can only eat a few bites.Special Features:
- kartgrannyDined on 9/9/2014Awesome birthday celebration! Everything was perfect, food, ambiance, service so very very nice. Thank you Capital Grille!Special Features:
- Great experienceCulinaryGeniusDined on 9/5/2014We would definitely go back to TCG. Enjoyed the food and ambience. Just wish it was genuine décor and not faux.Special Features:
- Another exquisite dining experienceDiningouteverynightVIPDined on 9/5/2014As always - service was exceptional, the food outstanding and the experience memorable. The Capital Grille in Scottsdale is simply three cuts above all other Scottsdale restaurants.Special Features:
- Great service OK FoodWindycityDaveDined on 9/5/2014I thought the service was great. But the food was over priced and over cooked. We had a very disappointing Ceasar salad, an ok Lobster and a very over done Filet. I thought the sides were excellent !!!! Would not go back, way overpriced!!Special Features:
- awesomeDJN1VIPDined on 8/31/2014Reservation was perfect, we got our favorite waiter too. The food was fantastic, the wine pairings were great and the Service was awesome!Special Features:
- PerfectionTLB007CADined on 8/30/2014My husband looked at open table to book our reservation and saw a photo of a lobster roll and make the reservation. Even though it was 20 minutes away from Camelback, I was so looking forward to my lobster roll. I ordered a cocktail of which they did not have, then when I ordered the lobster roll, the waiter said "we don't have lobster rolls". He could tell that I was quite obviously "not happy", so he had another (more senior) waiter come over and explain that they DO have them but just at lunch, but not to worry, he would go check with the chef. I'll skip the long story and say that I asked to speak with the chef, he came out and I gave him a HUGE hug and thanked him profusely for making me the BEST LOBSTER ROLL THIS SIDE OF MAINE!Special Features: