The Capital Grille - Scottsdale
16489 North Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 4803481700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Travis Garner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact Linda Kammeyer at 480-348-1700.
A word from The Capital Grille - Scottsdale
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Capital Grille - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
The Capital Grille - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)notable wine list (56)romantic (55)fit for foodies (47)good for groups (25)great for lunch (20)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (10)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Anniversary DinnerDaveHVIPDined on 9/22/2014We were greeted by name and seated promptly at a table set with rose petals and a greeting card to celebrate our anniversary. The mozzarella, tomato and basil salad was superb as was the lobster bisque. The steaks were juicy, cooked to order and full of flavor. However, my one disappointment of the entire evening was the charring on the outside of the steaks. There is a difference between searing and charring and the thick coating of black on the steaks detracted from the overall quality of the meat. Our side dish was the creamed corn which was firm well-seasoned and with a nice balance of corn and sauce. We received complimentary celebratory cheesecake and chocolate cake on an anniversary plate with complimentary champagne. Truly memorableSpecial Features:
- Loved it!TobyVIPDined on 9/21/2014Loved our dinner at the Capital Grille. Very nice ambiance, impeccable service and delicious, creative menu. We have to "tip our hat" to Janet, our server. She was so approachable, professional and perceptive. I was a bit cold. Janet realized it and brought me a pashmina and. caringly. put it around me. Wanted to take her home!Special Features:
- Favorite steakhouseTbyrdDined on 9/21/2014I dined at Capital Grille and thoroughly enjoyed it!! The waiter, Kevin, remembered me from my last visit which was amazing! He made me feel comfortable and very welcome. The dinner was paced very well. The filet was very tender and didn't need a steak knife to cut it! This is my favorite steakhouse for special occasions! I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Hidden GemSuannDined on 9/20/2014Business casual dining. Service tremendous by Michael K. The steaks we had melted in your mouth. Garlic mashed and asparagus with a devine bread basket. Definitely a place to return too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week AdventureWorldTravelerDined on 9/19/20141st time at this location. Decided to try for restaurant week. 3 of us order steak (2 sirloin, 1 filet). 4th ordered salmon. All food presented well. Except for the fact that the Kona coating on the sirloins was a bit salty, all meals properly cooked. Desert a bit disappointing. Overall, for the cost, a satisfying evening. Excellent service and we never felt rushed to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointinglovetoeatDined on 9/19/2014Capital Grille has been our go-to place for celebrations for years. Sadly, the quality of the steaks has diminished, the salad and bread were not as fresh as in the past. We will look for other places to celebrate.
- Great nightDJN1VIPDined on 9/19/2014The food was great, ambiance perfect and the service was even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 9/18/2014THere's no restaurant in the Phoenix area that can beat Capital Grille for their food and service.Special Features:
- Great Steak. Everything else fair.DonBDined on 9/11/2014Started with steak tartare. Presentation was horrible. Stacked up like a birthday cake on a ton of capers and difficult to fork onto the bread. Speaking of the bread that came with it.... inedible...kind of chewy like old leather; finally asked the waiter for some pita chips. Stay away from the steak tartare. Ordered the Porterhouse medium rare and it was great. Cooked to perfection, tender and tasty. The sides: sauteed spinach- huge chunks of garlic; potatoes au gratin: tasty but so rich that one can only eat a few bites.Special Features:
- kartgrannyDined on 9/9/2014Awesome birthday celebration! Everything was perfect, food, ambiance, service so very very nice. Thank you Capital Grille!Special Features:
- Great experienceCulinaryGeniusDined on 9/5/2014We would definitely go back to TCG. Enjoyed the food and ambience. Just wish it was genuine décor and not faux.Special Features:
- Another exquisite dining experienceDiningouteverynightVIPDined on 9/5/2014As always - service was exceptional, the food outstanding and the experience memorable. The Capital Grille in Scottsdale is simply three cuts above all other Scottsdale restaurants.Special Features:
- Great service OK FoodWindycityDaveDined on 9/5/2014I thought the service was great. But the food was over priced and over cooked. We had a very disappointing Ceasar salad, an ok Lobster and a very over done Filet. I thought the sides were excellent !!!! Would not go back, way overpriced!!Special Features:
- awesomeDJN1VIPDined on 8/31/2014Reservation was perfect, we got our favorite waiter too. The food was fantastic, the wine pairings were great and the Service was awesome!Special Features:
- PerfectionTLB007CADined on 8/30/2014My husband looked at open table to book our reservation and saw a photo of a lobster roll and make the reservation. Even though it was 20 minutes away from Camelback, I was so looking forward to my lobster roll. I ordered a cocktail of which they did not have, then when I ordered the lobster roll, the waiter said "we don't have lobster rolls". He could tell that I was quite obviously "not happy", so he had another (more senior) waiter come over and explain that they DO have them but just at lunch, but not to worry, he would go check with the chef. I'll skip the long story and say that I asked to speak with the chef, he came out and I gave him a HUGE hug and thanked him profusely for making me the BEST LOBSTER ROLL THIS SIDE OF MAINE!Special Features:
- Beat the Heat MenuwellnessrnVIPDined on 8/30/2014The Beat the Heat menu was great. More than enough food for a great price. Wish it was continuing.Special Features:
- HappyPleasedVIPDined on 8/28/2014As usual, a happy and satisfying experience at Capital Grille. Great food, service, and environment. We'll keep coming back!Special Features:
- Another stellar mealfoodiefromAZDined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed everything about our meal. The staff at the north Scottsdale location is outstanding, the food was made perfectly ( especially the doneness of the steaks), and the desserts are to die for. The cheesecake with the caramelized top is delicious. This years generous pour selection is outstanding, and we will be ordering a couple of the reds again. This continues to be one of our favorites!Special Features:
- ConsistantToolsVIPDined on 8/22/2014This is a good typical steak house. They have wine specials occasionally which appeals to us and they are in our neighborhood. Service has always been good also. The restaurant is large enough to accommodate a quieter table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 8/18/2014We eat out 3 times a week, and you can't find a better restaurant than Capital Grille. It's all outstanding!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzyScottsdaleVIPDined on 8/16/2014What a wonderful evening. Celebrated our anniversary and could not have picked a more perfect place! Food, service, atmosphere were all great!!Special Features:
- Bad FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/13/2014I ordered fish. It lacked seasoning and asked to have it well done. It was not cooked well done. I asked to have it well down the second time and came burned. They suck in seafood. The lamb chops were horrible this time as well. They waiter hardly paid any attention to us.
- Great mealMarkDDined on 8/12/2014Took my family to Capital Grille while on vacation. It was a great experience andyhelids really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time being disappointedwellnessrnVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have always loved Capital Grill but this was the first time that I have gotten a steak that was less then desirable. I ordered the Dry-Aged Porterhouse and although the filet side was good the strip side was over-cooked and tough. Not at all to the quality you would expect from Capital Grill or a dry-aged steak. Considering the $47.00 price tag I would not recommend ordering this steak.Special Features:
- The best Arizona has to offerJANDTDined on 8/8/2014WE celebrated our sons birthday who was visiting with our grandson from nj who is 3 1/2. All 4 of us had a delightful evening with filet mignon and sirloin steaks which are simply the best of the best. The lobster Mac and cheese is a perfect compliment and scrumptious as well. Shrimp cocktail appetizers along with the best ever calamari every time everything and ambiance is perfect. Making special occasions extra special with impeccable serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Generous Pour!ChrisVIPDined on 8/2/2014We invited two other couples and we had a wonderful dinner on Saturday night. We all participated in The Generous Pour and were offered a choice of 7 different wines for the evening for $25 per person. The wines were well chosen and we really enjoyed them. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about wine and took great care of us. My husband and I shared the Kona Rubbed Sirloin and some sides, and it was just perfect. Everyone had a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nprmarquesaDined on 7/30/2014The Capital Grille is our favorite restaurant for special occasions. The food is consistently wonderful, great wine list and impeccable service.Special Features:
- great experienceDJN1VIPDined on 7/26/2014Service was great, food was excellent and ambiance was better! A great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noogie8Dined on 7/24/2014I always enjoy Capital Grille. The food is great, and the atmosphere is appealling. It's great for entertaining someone else or corporate meetings. It doesn't have a romantic feel to me but I eat there with my husband all the time. I love that they cook my food exactly the way I want. I also appreciate that my dad liked his steak when I took him there for Father's Day since he is a butcher! I always had good meet so it made me feel good that dad liked it too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014My husband and I went to The Capital Grille to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. When we arrived, my husband mentioned that it was our anniversary. When we were seated, they had decorated our table with rose petals and hearts. Also, our server was very attentive. The food was excellent..I had the filet mignon and my husband had the sirloin steak. We also had lobster and crab cakes as an appetizer, which were delicious. At the end of the meal, the waiter brought us a lovely dessert on the house, two complimentary glasses of champagne, and took a picture of us with their camera and mounted it on a card for us. They definitely made us feel very special, and it was a memorable anniversary, thanks to The Capital Grille!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDJN1VIPDined on 7/19/2014The service was fantastic, the food was wonderful and the ambiance was great. The Generous Pour is on and we love this time of year at the Capital Grille!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIMPLY THE BEST OF THE BESTJANDTDined on 7/12/2014What else can Ed say other than the best capital grille of them all. The best fillet mignon and crab legs combo even the leftovers the next day made you want to go back. The lobster Mack and cheese simply perfect with the filet. The roses on the table and the complimentary champagne and cheese cake desert priceless. What a simply wonderful 6th wedding anniversary evening. Very special as were the waitress And the staff from the moment you walk in and the good evening on the way out the door. We will return whenever we want the best of everything. Couldn't have enjoyed it more. Thankyou all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!DarrylVIPDined on 7/12/2014Capital Grille is the BEST for Steak quality. Have tried numerous other Top line steak houses across the country including Capital Grille and NONE can Duplicate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LarryDined on 7/11/2014Wonderful dinner and great wine selection. Love the decor featuring paintings of famous Arizonans.Special Features:
- Great Night at Capital GrilleAZBobVIPDined on 7/11/2014Eric Lewis explained the menu and gave us a detailed description of each wine in the Generous Pour promotion. The lobster bisque was delicious and our steaks were tender, tasty and done right.Special Features:
- Fantastic TimeBoblindaDined on 7/9/2014It was my wife's birthday and from the moment we arrived there service and attention to her (and us) was super. Our server was so professional and attentive, it was amazing. I think her name was Emma (I'm not good with names).Special Features:
- Superb!cpinazDined on 7/5/2014As always, every detail of our dinner at Capital Grille was perfect. The wine, the food, the ambience, and the ever-extraordinary service made our anniversary celebration another delightful one. We love to go there for special occasions because the food and wine always exceed our expectations and they always add complimentary little extras that put the evening right over the top. But, to be honest, we never need an excuse. I recommend this establishment without hesitation or reservation to all of our friends with a love of superb food and wine and an appreciation for truly outstanding service. Go. You won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- carlos lantanabeefeatersDined on 7/5/2014Great steaks and desserts all around. Please don't try this at home...professional drivers, closed course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014Our entire experience for my friends birthday luncheon at the Capital Grille was absolutely lovely, fantastic! They were so attentive and did many "extra" things to make her day special; free champagne toast, rose petals sprinkled on the table, took a photo of our group and gave everyone a copy and finally, an amazing sweet desert that said "happy Birthday"!!! Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PleasedwellnessrnVIPDined on 6/28/2014Another great dinner with great service at Capital Grill. We had a combination of different menu items from the bar menu to items to share. All delicious. The Lollipop Lamb Chops on the bar menu are a great choice especially if you are looking for a lighter dinner. You get four lamb chops that are perfectly prepared and absolutely delicious!Special Features: