The Capital Grille - Scottsdale
16489 North Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 4803481700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Travis Garner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact Linda Kammeyer at 480-348-1700.
A word from The Capital Grille - Scottsdale
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Capital Grille - Scottsdale - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
The Capital Grille - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (91)romantic (56)notable wine list (55)fit for foodies (40)great for lunch (22)good for groups (21)neighborhood gem (14)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- HappyPleasedVIPDined on 8/28/2014As usual, a happy and satisfying experience at Capital Grille. Great food, service, and environment. We'll keep coming back!Special Features:
- Another stellar mealfoodiefromAZDined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed everything about our meal. The staff at the north Scottsdale location is outstanding, the food was made perfectly ( especially the doneness of the steaks), and the desserts are to die for. The cheesecake with the caramelized top is delicious. This years generous pour selection is outstanding, and we will be ordering a couple of the reds again. This continues to be one of our favorites!Special Features:
- ConsistantToolsVIPDined on 8/22/2014This is a good typical steak house. They have wine specials occasionally which appeals to us and they are in our neighborhood. Service has always been good also. The restaurant is large enough to accommodate a quieter table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 8/18/2014We eat out 3 times a week, and you can't find a better restaurant than Capital Grille. It's all outstanding!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzyScottsdaleVIPDined on 8/16/2014What a wonderful evening. Celebrated our anniversary and could not have picked a more perfect place! Food, service, atmosphere were all great!!Special Features:
- Bad FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/13/2014I ordered fish. It lacked seasoning and asked to have it well done. It was not cooked well done. I asked to have it well down the second time and came burned. They suck in seafood. The lamb chops were horrible this time as well. They waiter hardly paid any attention to us.
- Great mealMarkDDined on 8/12/2014Took my family to Capital Grille while on vacation. It was a great experience andyhelids really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time being disappointedwellnessrnVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have always loved Capital Grill but this was the first time that I have gotten a steak that was less then desirable. I ordered the Dry-Aged Porterhouse and although the filet side was good the strip side was over-cooked and tough. Not at all to the quality you would expect from Capital Grill or a dry-aged steak. Considering the $47.00 price tag I would not recommend ordering this steak.Special Features:
- The best Arizona has to offerJANDTDined on 8/8/2014WE celebrated our sons birthday who was visiting with our grandson from nj who is 3 1/2. All 4 of us had a delightful evening with filet mignon and sirloin steaks which are simply the best of the best. The lobster Mac and cheese is a perfect compliment and scrumptious as well. Shrimp cocktail appetizers along with the best ever calamari every time everything and ambiance is perfect. Making special occasions extra special with impeccable serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Generous Pour!ChrisVIPDined on 8/2/2014We invited two other couples and we had a wonderful dinner on Saturday night. We all participated in The Generous Pour and were offered a choice of 7 different wines for the evening for $25 per person. The wines were well chosen and we really enjoyed them. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about wine and took great care of us. My husband and I shared the Kona Rubbed Sirloin and some sides, and it was just perfect. Everyone had a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nprmarquesaDined on 7/30/2014The Capital Grille is our favorite restaurant for special occasions. The food is consistently wonderful, great wine list and impeccable service.Special Features:
- great experienceDJN1VIPDined on 7/26/2014Service was great, food was excellent and ambiance was better! A great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noogie8Dined on 7/24/2014I always enjoy Capital Grille. The food is great, and the atmosphere is appealling. It's great for entertaining someone else or corporate meetings. It doesn't have a romantic feel to me but I eat there with my husband all the time. I love that they cook my food exactly the way I want. I also appreciate that my dad liked his steak when I took him there for Father's Day since he is a butcher! I always had good meet so it made me feel good that dad liked it too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014My husband and I went to The Capital Grille to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. When we arrived, my husband mentioned that it was our anniversary. When we were seated, they had decorated our table with rose petals and hearts. Also, our server was very attentive. The food was excellent..I had the filet mignon and my husband had the sirloin steak. We also had lobster and crab cakes as an appetizer, which were delicious. At the end of the meal, the waiter brought us a lovely dessert on the house, two complimentary glasses of champagne, and took a picture of us with their camera and mounted it on a card for us. They definitely made us feel very special, and it was a memorable anniversary, thanks to The Capital Grille!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDJN1VIPDined on 7/19/2014The service was fantastic, the food was wonderful and the ambiance was great. The Generous Pour is on and we love this time of year at the Capital Grille!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIMPLY THE BEST OF THE BESTJANDTDined on 7/12/2014What else can Ed say other than the best capital grille of them all. The best fillet mignon and crab legs combo even the leftovers the next day made you want to go back. The lobster Mack and cheese simply perfect with the filet. The roses on the table and the complimentary champagne and cheese cake desert priceless. What a simply wonderful 6th wedding anniversary evening. Very special as were the waitress And the staff from the moment you walk in and the good evening on the way out the door. We will return whenever we want the best of everything. Couldn't have enjoyed it more. Thankyou all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!DarrylVIPDined on 7/12/2014Capital Grille is the BEST for Steak quality. Have tried numerous other Top line steak houses across the country including Capital Grille and NONE can Duplicate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LarryDined on 7/11/2014Wonderful dinner and great wine selection. Love the decor featuring paintings of famous Arizonans.Special Features:
- Great Night at Capital GrilleAZBobVIPDined on 7/11/2014Eric Lewis explained the menu and gave us a detailed description of each wine in the Generous Pour promotion. The lobster bisque was delicious and our steaks were tender, tasty and done right.Special Features:
- Fantastic TimeBoblindaDined on 7/9/2014It was my wife's birthday and from the moment we arrived there service and attention to her (and us) was super. Our server was so professional and attentive, it was amazing. I think her name was Emma (I'm not good with names).Special Features:
- Superb!cpinazDined on 7/5/2014As always, every detail of our dinner at Capital Grille was perfect. The wine, the food, the ambience, and the ever-extraordinary service made our anniversary celebration another delightful one. We love to go there for special occasions because the food and wine always exceed our expectations and they always add complimentary little extras that put the evening right over the top. But, to be honest, we never need an excuse. I recommend this establishment without hesitation or reservation to all of our friends with a love of superb food and wine and an appreciation for truly outstanding service. Go. You won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- carlos lantanabeefeatersDined on 7/5/2014Great steaks and desserts all around. Please don't try this at home...professional drivers, closed course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014Our entire experience for my friends birthday luncheon at the Capital Grille was absolutely lovely, fantastic! They were so attentive and did many "extra" things to make her day special; free champagne toast, rose petals sprinkled on the table, took a photo of our group and gave everyone a copy and finally, an amazing sweet desert that said "happy Birthday"!!! Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PleasedwellnessrnVIPDined on 6/28/2014Another great dinner with great service at Capital Grill. We had a combination of different menu items from the bar menu to items to share. All delicious. The Lollipop Lamb Chops on the bar menu are a great choice especially if you are looking for a lighter dinner. You get four lamb chops that are perfectly prepared and absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- Service Needs ImprovementOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/25/2014We love coming here for special occasions and have always been completely satisfied. On our last visit the food was outstanding, as always, but the service was very lacking. The server spent most of his time chitchatting with other tables. After our meals were brought he never came back to check on how our meals were. I had to stop the manager to ask for something. Our finished plates remained on the table for way too long. It was disappointing and although we will try them again, I hope our experience with poor service is not repeated.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/21/2014A very special restaurant with exceptional food and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Lunch LocationKittyVIPDined on 6/20/2014Excellent for dinner AND lunch! For lunch the lobster roll is wonderful - as well as the hamburger! Service is wonderful. Ask for Eric - he is THE best!!! Truly attentive and a delight!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerWeliveScottsdaleDined on 6/16/2014We went here for our anniversary and were blown away by our first visit here. Rose petals, a personalized card, delicious meal and finished with a complimentary dessert made this a night to remember. We highly recommend the calimari, filet and lobster crab cakes. Definitely a "10" from two picky guests!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!wellnessrnVIPDined on 6/14/2014Another great dinner at Capital Grill. Our waiter, Matt was attentive and he had wonderful suggestions when asked about the menu items. The food was prepared perfectly as always. No disappointments here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2014THe staff acknowledges special occasions and makes them memorable. Our waiter even took a picture for us and provided us a hard copy.Special Features:
- Business mtghippyVIPDined on 6/8/2014Had a business mtg and dinner. Were in a quiet area (they have some nice rooms for mtgs) which was perfect. Sarah our server was never intrusive and provided spectacular service during the mtg and at dinner. The food was excellent as always and Brian the managing partner stopped by to make sure everything was perfect. This was our first business mtg here and after this experience we will definitely do it againSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Experiencedlc9691Dined on 5/31/2014Capital Grill provided outstanding dining experience. Justin Whittenton was our server and provided excellent recommendations for both food and wine. I will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Delmonico Steak was perfectDANNYVIPDined on 5/31/2014We have dined at Capital Grille several times before. We had never ordered the Delmonico steak which the server said was their most flavorful steak. She was right. It was terrific. If you add grilled asparagus and french fries (without the truffle oil and parmesan cheese), it was a great dinner. The shrimp cocktail to start was as good as it gets. A really fine dinner. Pricey? Yes but a terrific treat.Special Features:
- celebrating 2 birthdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Our waiter was great. Have been there before and had great service as always.Special Features:
- FabulousPhyllisDined on 5/26/2014Amazing, as always! The perfect respite from daily life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- edancarDined on 5/25/2014Our experience was excellent. In addition to the regular menu, there was the restraurant week menu. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- EXcellent DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014We were four people who went for the Arizona Restaurant Week Menu and we were not disappointed. The food was excellent. Our only problem was that the appetizer was brought out before our drinks and we had to send it back. The waitress put our order in before she brought us the drinks when she should have done it afterwards.Special Features:
- Friday nightDarrylVIPDined on 5/23/2014Was seated outside as requested. Wait staff was very inattentive as far as refilling drinks and checking on us prior to meal arriving until after comment was made upon return to table of " we thought you got lost".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent celebrationjimhinshawDined on 5/21/2014Took a party of 6 for my birthday, it was outstanding! Decorated the table, people stopped by to thank me for sharing the evening with them. And the meal was excellent, had the 14 oz sirloin crusted with Kona coffee, really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveitDined on 5/19/2014wonderful- over the top with attention and attention to detailSpecial Features: