The Capital Grille - Plano
7300 Dallas Parkway
Plano, TX 75024Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Plano
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 9723982221x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Aaron Valimont
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Plano
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched serviceContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Plano - Best Restaurants in Plano ›
The Capital Grille - Plano reviews from OpenTable diners
214 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (173)romantic (110)notable wine list (108)fit for foodies (64)good for groups (53)neighborhood gem (47)hot spot (47)great for lunch (34)vibrant bar scene (34)great for brunch (12)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (10)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (5)Show More
- Waiting to be impressedLunchmeetingguruVIPDined on 8/26/2014I am more of a light eater and prefer salads and vegetables for meals in lieu of large heavy ones. Was challenged to find something that I wanted because they had limited vegetarian offerings but they did have about 4-5 salads. The waiter was nice and allowed me to switch up some things and get me something off the menu. Beautiful decor. No separate lunch menu noted. I think they only have the one menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014Service from Amanda put a great meal over the top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 stars but not on resturant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014Typically five stars all around, but not during resturant week.Special Features:
- Lovely lunchAmyKDined on 8/25/2014Brent, out waiter was the highlight. The dresser was a little small, but delicious. We enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014My husband and I were excited to celebrate his birthday. Capital Grille is our go-to restaurant for special occasions. Although, the server was very nice, I was disappointed to find out that she did not offer the restaurant week menu for us. It was until after we ordered that we heard the server at the table next to us mention to his guests about the special menu. We had to specifically request this menu and replace our orders.Special Features:
- diningdivaDined on 8/24/2014This was a fantastic experience with food and service that went beyond expectation. Went alone with young child and they treated him like a regular customer and were as attentive to us as a table as tables with adult diners. The meal was well paced for those that like a leisurly dinner. The food was perfectly cooked and very tasty. The one complaint is that my steak was a bit salty but my son's was fine. Overall, a place I would certainly go back to... maybe next time with adult company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shellDined on 8/24/2014the food, the service and the ambience was outstanding. It is also a great deal during restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatKkdinerDined on 8/23/2014We enjoy our dinner every time we dine. The service is always attentive and the food delicious. My steak was cooked exactly the way I ordered it. We were at Capital Grille to celebrate our anniversary and a birthday and were treated wonderfully even though we were there for the restaurant week menu. The Generous Pour was great fun.Special Features:
- Not as good as downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014For resturant week, instead of going to the Capital Grille downtown, we decided to go to Plano. The food was as good, but the service was not as good. The noise from the bar was distracting at times and it was hard to carry on a conversation with my tablemates. Overall the experience was okay, but when thinking about going to the Capital grille again, i will drive all the way to the Crescent.Special Features:
- Great food, exceptional serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We chose to experience the Capital Grille's Restaurant Week specials. Our booth was very comfortable. Noise was not an issue. The food was very good- very nice salads, steaks, sides and desserts. Wine list had nice selections at many price points. Service was outstanding: attentive without being intrusive, helpful, personable, with a what can I do to make your evening special approach. A wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent dining experience!AJM6251Dined on 8/23/2014We went to Capitol Grille, Plano for Restaurant Week, and they wooed us with immediate seating, great service, delicious and plentiful food. Our waiter, Jeremy, was attentive, almost always there to refill our wines, but not "overbearing". When the Executive Chef, Arron stopped to chat, we knew we found ouer new "favorite" local restaurant. We have already agreed to call ahead for his "special" (Liver and onions).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We went during restaurant week. The salmon was top notch. Thanks!Special Features:
- LadiesDined on 8/23/2014We took advantage of the Generous Pour with the Restaurant Week menu -- everything was excellent! I had the petite filet, and it was cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Evening To Remember!LuvsteakandwineDined on 8/22/2014We were celebrating our anniversary once again at The Capital Grill. We love the ambiance and the steaks are the best. Our waiter, Brian, was outstanding! We were welcomed and made to feel special from the moment we walked in. Our table was decorated with small red hearts and my wife was presented with a long stemmed red rose. We were then served a complimentary glass of champaign while we were reviewing the menu. I would definitely recommend the "Generous Pour" wine event if it is still available.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceFoodieDined on 8/21/2014We went during restaurant week in Dallas. When we asked the waiter for the restaurant week menu, it went downhill. It was like he didn't want to serve us and rushed us thru the meal. We took our kids as a special back to school dinner and we still spent a lot. We bought other items off the regular menu and the food was great but the server ruined it for us! Guess we will go back to other places that have better service. Was a let down as a celebration for our kids.Special Features:
- Super Dining ExperienceDonaldVIPDined on 8/20/2014This was our second dining experience at The Capital Grille, and it was just as great as the initial experience. I really don't have any negative things to say about the restaurant, except for the parking; it's terrible. I don't like to do valet parking, so I had to park far away in the garage. That's the only thing that would keep my wife and I from regularly attending this exceptional restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerLuvnuplacesDined on 8/20/2014An amazing experience. Went for anniversary. The service and attention were impeccable. Top notch. Highly recommend going for your anniversary. We went during restaurant week. We choose the limited restaurant week menu. Would be interested in the regular menu in the future. It was a great way to experience the restaurant for the first time. The attention wash superb. Really made us feel welcomed and very special.Special Features:
- Great "Restaurant Week" ChoiceSteveV75248Dined on 8/20/2014Exceptional service. Nice lounge. Outstanding steak. Sides were good. Decadent dessert. Only negative ... I added a skewer of shrimp to my steak and they were really, really weak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch optionsdallasdinerDined on 8/20/2014I had lunch at Capital Grille for restaurant week and was very impressed with their lunch offerings on the regular menu. Of course the service and food were stellar, but I was surprised at the variety on lunch menu - had some light items and not overboard on "heavy". Love the enclosed patio area.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014Capital Grille and our server Eric help to ensure that our second anniversary dinner was memorable and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Service was excellent. The steaks were perfectly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pjr05Dined on 8/17/2014Our first visit and it was wonderful. Food was excellent as was the service. Thanks for making our anniversary special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Formal DinnerMarketvelocityDined on 8/17/2014Impressive dining with top menu. Top service and cuisine. Fine dining and service. Unique and romantic setting. Wine room. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful!!!MontemomDined on 8/17/2014Outstanding service and meal. I have been to this location as well as others and have had outstanding experiences every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!PTGirlDined on 8/16/2014We had a table of 6 women there on Saturday night and we were needless to say a fun, vivacious group and our waiter had such a great sense of humor and he really helped make the dining experience even better. The food was great! The filet melts in your mouth and the cheesecake dessert which is carmelized on top is to die for! I wish I knew our waiter's name as I would give him a great review personally. You can't go wrong picking this restaurant.Special Features:
- Always WonderfulKikiVIPDined on 8/15/2014The Capital Grille always does an excellent job all around. I commend them for a fabulous Restaurant Week menu and great service. We appreciated the attention from a manager and the chef as well as our server Eddy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ExperienceIncognitoDined on 8/15/2014Outstanding in pretty much every way. I think the fact we never felt rushed (and it was a very busy Saturday night) made this one of the better dining experiences we have had in a very long time. If nothing else, go for the Lobster Mac & Cheese! I could make a meal out of that and be very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really EnjoyedMikeHVIPDined on 8/15/2014Food was prepared to perfection and service was excellent. As I find with other nice restaurants, drink prices are a little high for just regular drinks (Stoli and Club $10.00). Had restaurant week menu and will definitely go back and try the full menu. Bar seemed very busy also. Will return again and if first visit is any indication, we will visit more often.Special Features:
- always greattonisVIPDined on 8/15/2014Love the bread basket and lobster roll. Service is always impeccable.Special Features:
- Great Steak Better than BobsTheCapitalGrillDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I have been to all the steak houses in town and the Capital Grill is the best, both in terms of food, selection and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceLuv2Dine5StarVIPDined on 8/14/2014The ambiance is perfect whether it is a group setting or dinner for 2. Eddie is incredible from service, to food and wine recommendation. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and service....normallyjonilynDined on 8/14/2014I normally have great service at this restaurant but this particular evening I was seated in the patio area and the service was sub par. The food was excellent as usual. I highly recommend the kona crusted sirloin with the shallot butter sauce or the Delmonico. The calamari is the best here. It's mildly spicy and requires no sauce. The generous wine pour is a great event for winos that don't mind a smaller selection of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five Star ExperienceracheldachelDined on 8/13/2014I've never been disappointed with The Capital Grille. The service, food, ambience are all amazing each time I go. It's a great place to go with friends or for a special occasion. I especially love that they participate in restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten IssuesArleneVIPDined on 8/13/2014We have always really enjoyed Capital Grille, but for the THIRD TIME IN A ROW my wife had a serious allergic reaction to the food despite clearly informing the waiter and manager of the issue. I'm concerned the the restaurant doesn't take the matter seriously.
- Great place for fine dining.SeattlemanDined on 8/5/2014Service by Michael was excellent and he was extremely attentive. We had a few vegetarians and they easily accommodated. Beer selection was surprisingly small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014We celebrated our anniversary dinner and have a great time.Special Features:
- goodgoosDined on 8/4/2014Shell fish (claws) were under cooked in the appetizer and the the lobster in the mac and cheese was not good (mushy). someone needs to do some quality checks.Special Features:
- spectacularcapttoothDined on 8/3/2014Service was excellent, food was outstanding. restaurant was wonderful.Special Features:
- Just Truly Awesome!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Lisa the waitress was truly awesome. I took my boyfriend there for his bday and they helped us celebrate w/ complimentary calamari, champagne, confetti on the table, a special picture of us and a tasty dessert. Let's not forget, the food was out of this world AWESOME, there was nothing wrong and everything came out great. We both ordered the Delmonico steak, he had lobster (in some delicious sauce), and we had the mashed potatoes w/ asparagus (which was the best I've had in a while). The entire staff was hospitality and all around gorgeous. The atmosphere was right for the occasion you could even tell there were other things going on because i kept seeing a staff member bring out beautiful long stem roses to various tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Great food, great service and great experience. Highly recommend for any occassion.Special Features: