The Capital Grille - Plano
7300 Dallas Parkway
Plano, TX 75024Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Plano
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (972) 398-2221
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Aaron Valimont
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Plano
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched serviceContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Plano - Best Restaurants in Plano ›
The Capital Grille - Plano reviews from OpenTable diners
228 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (179)notable wine list (110)romantic (102)fit for foodies (83)good for groups (67)hot spot (47)neighborhood gem (45)vibrant bar scene (41)great for lunch (33)great for outdoor dining (14)late-night find (11)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Excellent choice for any occassionlstuartDined on 11/22/2014Whether it's grabbing the best calamari at the bar or enjoying a fine steak, Capital Grille never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing all around!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2014We went to Capital Grille to celebrate a new job and got our friends to tag along. We sat at table 48 next to the kitchen and really enjoyed the energy! Brent, our server, was attentive and enthusiastic. We enjoyed him very much and will ask for him directly the next time we come in. We also had a drive-by from the Chef, himself, who welcomed us to CG. The food, as always, was amazing. Great food, drinks, service, we'll be back sooner rather than later!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerbill57kathyVIPDined on 11/22/2014The food was outstanding and the service exceptional, from our server Michael to the Manager Amanda and the General manager Greg everything was perfect. This is one of the reasons we go to Capital Grill wherever we travel because of the exceptional service and treatment by staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and MissNisieDined on 11/18/2014This was our second visit to Capital Grille in Plano, and it was hit and miss this time, our 30th anniversary. The suggested wine wasn't good, then the waiter brought the wrong soup out. My husband's steak was returned to cook more; it returned looking the same, so back it went. It came back overcooked. Our waiter redeemed himself when a complimentary dessert appeared with "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY" written in chocolate......and nothing at all wrong with that and the coconut cream pie :)Special Features:
- Concistantly GreatSeefoodDined on 11/18/2014I come here 5-6 times a year and it is always concistantly great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeARH1VIPDined on 11/15/2014My wife and I celebrated our Anniversary @ Capital Grille -- the food was first rate, the table was decorated, the server (Eddie) gave friendly and efficient service, and the atmosphere was lively, yet not overbearing....all-in-all, a great choice of restaurants to celebrate in, and for sure, we'll be back. Hats off to the management!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This particular visitRTreviewDined on 11/11/2014This particular visit was not pleasant. I ordered steak and told our waiter that I want it medium rare. I also ordered from the lunch menu - Dry aged sirloin with chimichurri. #1 - I did not get my steak medium rare - it was almost well...i can tell that our waiter can tell it was not done right as waiters typically would ask "was your steak cooked like you preferred?" and he did not even check how was my food. #2 I did not get the Dry aged sirloin and got the regular Siloin steak with asparagus. I did not compain because it was a business meeting and we do not have enough time for drama or for them to redo my order. Very disappointing - this particular visit. Even my Director/Boss was not pleased.Special Features:
- Good balanceLaxy10Dined on 11/8/2014Unlike a lot of other restaurants, the Capital Grille provides you with a good sized portion for your money. To go along with that portion is excellent food quality, excellent service and a great atmosphere. It is pricey, but is a great experience and one that you will want to have again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed itIm4goodfoodDined on 11/8/2014The food is exceptional as it should be for the price this is a high-end restaurant dinner for three steaks and wine appetizers around $300. I wasn't surprised because I've been here several times and enjoyed every time. If your wallet can take the weight I recommend you going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night for 50th birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/7/201410 of us went to celebrate DWs 50th birthday. Prices are in line with other high end steak houses. Private dining room with Andrea as our server was great as we could shut the doors on the otherwise noisy restaurant. Comprehensive wine list with pricing in most buckets. plenty in the mid and lower ranges as well as $$$$. Food was great. Steaks were cooked to order and executed perfectly, seafood as well. Sides are stated that they are for 3 people, but that is the truth if you don't like lots of sides. We ended up with 6 sides (including 2 lobster mac and cheese) and it was enough. BTW, when it says lobster, then mean lobster. The bisque has chunks of maine lobster in it as does the mac and cheese. Yum.Special Features:
- Business LunchDallasSteveVIPDined on 11/5/2014The most reliable place for a business lunch North of LBJ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missing leftoversSixerDined on 11/4/2014Dined for my wife's 50th birthday with a group of 6. Food and service was good. However, we discovered when we got home that the steak leftovers were not packaged or included in the bag. Granted, I don't live for leftovers. But, when you pay near $50 for a piece of steak you'd like to have the option to take it with you. I would have expected an easy step like this to not be missed. Not 5 star service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingKarenVIPDined on 10/31/2014As always the Capital Grille never fails to amaze. The food, service & atmosphere are fabulous. Best place ever.Special Features:
- Impeccable ServiceErikaDined on 10/30/2014Went to Capital Grill this week with clients for lunch and it was very enjoyable. The service was perfect, and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille is Capital!SteveVIPDined on 10/28/2014Two of my colleagues and I enjoyed an outstanding dinner this week, and there aren't enough adjectives to describe how delightful our experience was from beginning to end. Great atmosphere, great service and superb food were the order of the day, and Capital Grille filled that bill to a Capital T.Special Features:
- Outstanding DinnerSuziDined on 10/25/2014Outstanding dinner for our 30th Wedding Anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PrimoEricaBDined on 10/25/2014Dined early at 5 pm on Saturday and service was great, food was delicious and great wine menu. My husband enjoyed the French onion soup, and I started with the fresh Mozzerella & heirloom tomatoes. My husband also loved the special, duo filet mignon with lobster, and I had the scallops with mushroom risotto. Our server was Kat and she was very perfect. Greg came to our table to make sure we were enjoying our romantic dinner. Yes, it was primo!Special Features:
- Too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014Food and service is great but maybe it is just me, but I would enjoy my dinner more if I could hear the people at my table rather than eating in silence because we can't hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service!TZW33VIPDined on 10/24/2014Excellent service! Eric was the very best waiter we've had in a very long time. It's important to us to have a waiter that knows the menu well, explains options and how he can custom create a menu. He checked on us repeatedly without being intrusive. We shared the porcini rubbed delmonico. Steak was nicely charred, cooked to perfection. We split side of the au gratin potatoes & brussel sprouts.Delish! Wine, Terra d Oro Zinfandel 2008 reasonably priced at $40 a bottle. bold with a nice chocolate finish. Dessert was the coconut cream pie ....out of this world yummy. The food was good and what you expect from a top steak house,the excellent service made it stand out!! See you soon Eric!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014It was my husband's birthday and the table was decorated with birthday sprinkles on the table and the birthday dessert was beautiful and delicious. A very nice touch to a special evening.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceDanGDined on 10/14/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary. I indicated on the on-line reservation that it was our anniversary. They put red hearts on the table so every worker knows it's our anniversary. The manger and several staff stopped to wish us happy anniversary. Our waiter (Eddy) was the best server I've ever met. His personality was the perfect mix of friendly but didn't linger and chat. He was attentive to every need we never had to ask. I had the Sirloin it was truly delicious. It melted in my mouth, it was cooked perfectly. Eddy recommended the lobster mac and cheese he was correct it is wonderful. Eddy brought us a complementary dessert tray with Happy Anniversary written on the dish. A wonderful dinner experience.Special Features:
- Exquisite Evening!Perry014Dined on 10/10/2014If you are looking for great food with impeccable service you've found it. The prosciutto wrapped mozzarella with tomatoes is amazingly good. Our steaks were cooked to perfection. The waiter was friendly and provided great service without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Salt OverloadFoodiegirlDined on 10/8/2014The only thing that was not perfect about our dinner was that the food was tremendously over salted. A shame because we felt really lousy afterwards. Everything else was fabulous. Great Martinis, excellent wine by the glass choices, wide range of menu options, and the service was superb. This meal was a birthday celebration for my husband. It was great to see the table decorated with confetti for the occasion, and complimentary dessert was great. Generally not a fan of this style of everything ala carte kind of restaurant. I mean, for a $44.00 steak you can't put a little veg on the plate, you have to spend $20.00 more to get some potato and asparagus? This place is very good at what it does. Next time will say NO SALT PLEASE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no2cookDined on 10/5/2014the food was yummy and prepared well--the service was friendly and helpfulSpecial Features:
- Great Food & ServiceTXDiningDined on 10/4/2014This was our first visit to the Capital Grill. It is good for an occasional special night. Not a romantic place and the noise was high, so I would recommend another place for an anniversary dinner. My lobster was outstanding but my husband's steak was good but not the best that he has had. Oysters on the half shell - excellent. Service was great. Extensive wine list and the prices were fair. Basing this on the price we pay for the bottle through our wine club. Not a very impressive dessert menu. We go out of our way to return to the Gaylord Texan Steak House restaurant just for its soufflé and the by comparison the dinner for two was more at Capital Grill then for three at the other restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningsobewisdomDined on 10/4/2014Food was great. Portions were large. Our server was attentive, helpful with recommendations, and food was served promptly. Not cheap, but worth the experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2014Had a nice evening celebrating several birthdays. Had to ask to have the table cleared. Should have been obvious when everyone shoved their plates to the center of the table. We typically have great service. This time it was really off.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Nightcam123Dined on 9/27/2014The service was awesome. We were celebrating our anniversary and they really took care of us. My wife really enjoyed her steak. My steak was cooked just the way I like however was disappointed on the flavor. Vegetables were good but the corn did not have bacon taste but the creamed spinach was solid. Overall real close to a 5 star rating if steak had just a little more flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my top dining experiencesmikeylikesDined on 9/24/2014My wife took me to Capital Grill to celebrate my birthday. I have dined at top spots in many cities, and found this to be in top 5, ever! The food, filet for me, tuna for wife was almost perfect, but the service and attention to detail was superb. The birthday desert was very well executed. From valet to valet, one of our top dining experiences ever, and easily the best in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prefect for a special occasionTexasdinerDined on 9/23/2014Great service. Great food. Great for a romantic birthday celebration. We would eat there more often if money was no object.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant with wonerful foodTommyBoyDined on 9/23/2014Great food and wonderful service. Ambiance is great for business or personal lunch or dinner. Love Capital Grille.Special Features:
- Sea Bass Fantastic!Top10VIPDined on 9/22/2014Enjoyed the sea bass and a side of veggies! The fish was perfectly cooked, prepared, and presented-would definitely order again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, service excellent!ccttuDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I went for her birthday, and they went out of their way to make sure it was special for her. Every person that spoke to us started out by greeting her with a "Happy Birthday", they delivered a rose to the table - along with some birthday confetti, plus gave us a complimentary birthday dessert. Even the chef came out to with her a Happy Birthday. As always, the food was great! From the lobster bisque to the salad, to the lobster mac, to the steak - everything was cooked to perfection. Highly recommend for almost any occasion, has never disappointed and we've been several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unsurpassed ExperienceKikiVIPDined on 9/19/2014The Capital Grill has once again provided an unsurpassed dining experience. The food and service were excellent. Nobody does steak and lobster mac n cheese like the Capital Grill.Special Features:
- GreatBB34Dined on 9/17/2014The girlfriend and I had a great time at Capital Grille. Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatDusty18Dined on 9/14/2014I have been to several Capital Grills around the country and everyone of them has been excellent. The staff is always enjoyable and helpful without intruding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Special EveningwrldtravelerVIPDined on 9/14/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary at the restaurant. The evening was great from beginning to end. They put us in an area of the restaurant where we could really enjoy our time together. It allowed us to reflect back over our years of marriage. The waiter was great and helped to make the dinner very special. He was attentive and made sure we were having a great evening. The champagne...The wine...The steaks...The deserts - All great. I can't wait to come back for our 27th anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs to be betterWeekendDinersVIPDined on 9/13/2014We were disappointed in the food. The steaks were overcooked and had no flavor, and the texture was similar to a generic grocery store steak. The roasted potatoes seemed more boiled or steamed than roasted. The cocktails were not up to par as well. Very good wine by the glass and the roasted asparagus was good. Service was good. Overall, they need to step it up in a city full of steakhouses. Especially at this price point. We won't be returning anytime soon, sorry to say.
- Nice evening and dinnerSuzanneVIPDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed our steak! The food was cooked to perfection... Just delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch!JimmyBDined on 9/11/2014We like to go to the Capital Grille for special occasions for my group at work. The soup and appetizers are wonderful, and the salads, sandwiches and steaks are all delicious and perfectly cooked! Great lunch menu and the desserts are wonderful - a really great place - had dinner there on Tuesday, then big group at lunch on Thursday!Special Features: