The Capital Grille - Plano
7300 Dallas Parkway
Plano, TX 75024Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Plano
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 9723982221x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Aaron Valimont
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Plano
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched serviceContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Plano - Best Restaurants in Plano ›
The Capital Grille - Plano reviews from OpenTable diners
224 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (174)notable wine list (109)romantic (106)fit for foodies (75)good for groups (60)hot spot (50)neighborhood gem (45)vibrant bar scene (39)great for lunch (31)late-night find (13)great for outdoor dining (11)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014It was my husband's birthday and the table was decorated with birthday sprinkles on the table and the birthday dessert was beautiful and delicious. A very nice touch to a special evening.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceDanGDined on 10/14/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary. I indicated on the on-line reservation that it was our anniversary. They put red hearts on the table so every worker knows it's our anniversary. The manger and several staff stopped to wish us happy anniversary. Our waiter (Eddy) was the best server I've ever met. His personality was the perfect mix of friendly but didn't linger and chat. He was attentive to every need we never had to ask. I had the Sirloin it was truly delicious. It melted in my mouth, it was cooked perfectly. Eddy recommended the lobster mac and cheese he was correct it is wonderful. Eddy brought us a complementary dessert tray with Happy Anniversary written on the dish. A wonderful dinner experience.Special Features:
- Exquisite Evening!Perry014Dined on 10/10/2014If you are looking for great food with impeccable service you've found it. The prosciutto wrapped mozzarella with tomatoes is amazingly good. Our steaks were cooked to perfection. The waiter was friendly and provided great service without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Salt OverloadFoodiegirlDined on 10/8/2014The only thing that was not perfect about our dinner was that the food was tremendously over salted. A shame because we felt really lousy afterwards. Everything else was fabulous. Great Martinis, excellent wine by the glass choices, wide range of menu options, and the service was superb. This meal was a birthday celebration for my husband. It was great to see the table decorated with confetti for the occasion, and complimentary dessert was great. Generally not a fan of this style of everything ala carte kind of restaurant. I mean, for a $44.00 steak you can't put a little veg on the plate, you have to spend $20.00 more to get some potato and asparagus? This place is very good at what it does. Next time will say NO SALT PLEASE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no2cookDined on 10/5/2014the food was yummy and prepared well--the service was friendly and helpfulSpecial Features:
- Great Food & ServiceTXDiningDined on 10/4/2014This was our first visit to the Capital Grill. It is good for an occasional special night. Not a romantic place and the noise was high, so I would recommend another place for an anniversary dinner. My lobster was outstanding but my husband's steak was good but not the best that he has had. Oysters on the half shell - excellent. Service was great. Extensive wine list and the prices were fair. Basing this on the price we pay for the bottle through our wine club. Not a very impressive dessert menu. We go out of our way to return to the Gaylord Texan Steak House restaurant just for its soufflé and the by comparison the dinner for two was more at Capital Grill then for three at the other restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningsobewisdomDined on 10/4/2014Food was great. Portions were large. Our server was attentive, helpful with recommendations, and food was served promptly. Not cheap, but worth the experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2014Had a nice evening celebrating several birthdays. Had to ask to have the table cleared. Should have been obvious when everyone shoved their plates to the center of the table. We typically have great service. This time it was really off.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Nightcam123Dined on 9/27/2014The service was awesome. We were celebrating our anniversary and they really took care of us. My wife really enjoyed her steak. My steak was cooked just the way I like however was disappointed on the flavor. Vegetables were good but the corn did not have bacon taste but the creamed spinach was solid. Overall real close to a 5 star rating if steak had just a little more flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my top dining experiencesmikeylikesDined on 9/24/2014My wife took me to Capital Grill to celebrate my birthday. I have dined at top spots in many cities, and found this to be in top 5, ever! The food, filet for me, tuna for wife was almost perfect, but the service and attention to detail was superb. The birthday desert was very well executed. From valet to valet, one of our top dining experiences ever, and easily the best in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prefect for a special occasionTexasdinerDined on 9/23/2014Great service. Great food. Great for a romantic birthday celebration. We would eat there more often if money was no object.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant with wonerful foodTommyBoyDined on 9/23/2014Great food and wonderful service. Ambiance is great for business or personal lunch or dinner. Love Capital Grille.Special Features:
- Sea Bass Fantastic!Top10VIPDined on 9/22/2014Enjoyed the sea bass and a side of veggies! The fish was perfectly cooked, prepared, and presented-would definitely order again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, service excellent!ccttuDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I went for her birthday, and they went out of their way to make sure it was special for her. Every person that spoke to us started out by greeting her with a "Happy Birthday", they delivered a rose to the table - along with some birthday confetti, plus gave us a complimentary birthday dessert. Even the chef came out to with her a Happy Birthday. As always, the food was great! From the lobster bisque to the salad, to the lobster mac, to the steak - everything was cooked to perfection. Highly recommend for almost any occasion, has never disappointed and we've been several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unsurpassed ExperienceKikiVIPDined on 9/19/2014The Capital Grill has once again provided an unsurpassed dining experience. The food and service were excellent. Nobody does steak and lobster mac n cheese like the Capital Grill.Special Features:
- GreatBB34Dined on 9/17/2014The girlfriend and I had a great time at Capital Grille. Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatDusty18Dined on 9/14/2014I have been to several Capital Grills around the country and everyone of them has been excellent. The staff is always enjoyable and helpful without intruding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Special EveningwrldtravelerVIPDined on 9/14/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary at the restaurant. The evening was great from beginning to end. They put us in an area of the restaurant where we could really enjoy our time together. It allowed us to reflect back over our years of marriage. The waiter was great and helped to make the dinner very special. He was attentive and made sure we were having a great evening. The champagne...The wine...The steaks...The deserts - All great. I can't wait to come back for our 27th anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs to be betterWeekendDinersVIPDined on 9/13/2014We were disappointed in the food. The steaks were overcooked and had no flavor, and the texture was similar to a generic grocery store steak. The roasted potatoes seemed more boiled or steamed than roasted. The cocktails were not up to par as well. Very good wine by the glass and the roasted asparagus was good. Service was good. Overall, they need to step it up in a city full of steakhouses. Especially at this price point. We won't be returning anytime soon, sorry to say.
- Nice evening and dinnerSuzanneVIPDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed our steak! The food was cooked to perfection... Just delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch!JimmyBDined on 9/11/2014We like to go to the Capital Grille for special occasions for my group at work. The soup and appetizers are wonderful, and the salads, sandwiches and steaks are all delicious and perfectly cooked! Great lunch menu and the desserts are wonderful - a really great place - had dinner there on Tuesday, then big group at lunch on Thursday!Special Features:
- wines123VIPDined on 9/8/2014Capital Grill is always a great place to eat. The one in Plano is just a not better. The staff is great and they often go the extra mile for you. Has oysters and a terrific steak. Don't forget to ask for their premium wine list, I had a great pinot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit underwhelmed.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014Went to the location at the Shops of Legacy. Many great dining choices in this area, and we chose Capital Grille for our 14 year anniversary. We shared the Halibut, and a side dish of mushrooms. Veggie-style salad for her and caesar salad for me. 2 beers and one cocktail. Total bill was 110.00. I think it was a bit overpriced for what it was. The food was good but not great. Service was a tad slow, but pleasant. Would probably skip this one in the future. Too many other choices in the area.Special Features:
- see how time fliesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/1/2014We were there for almost 2 hours. Yet it did not seem that long. I my opinion everything was timed just right that we did not get the feeling that we were waiting forever. Wait staff was great and dinner was excellent. We were there for our anniversary and received complimentary champagne and a special dessert, nice touch. This was our first time here and as far as price it compared to other restaurants along this line, it was well within my expectations. As I mentioned this was my first time here and will not be my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious As AlwaysKimmieBDined on 9/1/2014This is the one place where you know you are always going to get quality food, with impeccable service and a lovely atmosphere. We took our family friend here for his 16th birthday and it turned out to be a family affair to remember. It was also his first time at a steak house so he was thrilled to have all that quality food. I recommend it to anyone looking for a night a great food and service.Special Features:
- Always EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014My wife and I are always pleased to have dinner here. We had reservations for a later time and were delighted that they were able o fit us in a bit earlier when we arrived. The food was delightfully delicious and the wait staff was very attentive to our every need. we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- A Real TreatLaFemmecoVIPDined on 8/31/2014Capital Grille is always a treat. The food and service are excellent. Eddie was our waiter and was very attentive. We also met the manager who was very nice and chated with us for a bit. The generous pour during the months of July & August are a must for those that enjoy a glass of wine. I can never eat everything that's why I was disappointed when our waiter did not put those tasty truffle fries I couldn't eat in my doggie bag but besides that everything was great.Special Features:
- Can't get any betterRayroDined on 8/31/2014Not much you can say when everything is perfect. The Kona steak was a perfect flavor.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014LOVED THE SERVICE and FOOD. We were celebrating some family milestones (Mother - 65) and Aunt/Uncle 29th wedding anniversary. The staff made the evening special and MARCO was a delight he catered to our every need. THE CLAM CHOWDER IS MAGNIFICIENT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week and Generous PourTxDanVIPDined on 8/30/20142 annual events in Dallas are worth noting...Restaurant Week and Capital Grille's Generous Pour...and given the fact that they overlap each year means a synergistic experience. Restaurant Week is extended by many venues (TCG runs for 3 weeks) and the Generous Pour runs from early July to August 31st. We squeezed in a dinner this past weekend and it was spectacular...seated with our favorite - Julie K and savoring the excellent wine choices for this year's Generous Pour. Chef Aaron stopped by to visit. Can't say enough about The Capital Grille, we're so glad it's so close to home. It's our Go To place!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperiencePlanosixDined on 8/30/2014For the past 3 years a group of us. usually 3 or 4 couples get together for the DFW Restaurant Review. This year we picked your restaurant. We do this to try out the better restaurants at a reasonable price to determine if we will go back again for the occasional fine dining experience. Overwhelmingly our group voted your restaurant was the best one we have been to so far. Let me first start with our server Ryan Shanahan - he was excellent - service was great - he answered all our questions. All of the food was outstanding thru the 3 courses. It is the best restaurant we have been to in a long time!!Special Features:
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed our meal from beginning to end. The service was great and the food was amazing. We got the filet on the restaurant week menu and it was the best steak we've had in years! Seriously...it was awesome! You could cut it with a knife! We even met the executive chef. Will definitely go back here.Special Features:
- Awesome place!txdocDined on 8/29/2014Excellent service and the food is incredible! I am a regular and you will soon be too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekMcKinneyVIPDined on 8/28/2014Great meal & generous pour! Byron was attentive server tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.. not impressed...dinner4twoDined on 8/27/2014My husband and I went for restaurant week just to give it a try and see if this is somewhere we will be returning. It's very loud and it was mostly business men in large groups. The food was just average. Steak was good but it's just as good as Salt Grass but half the price. Basic mashed potatoes and the green beans were undercooked as if they were raw almost. I also ordered a kebob of grilled shrimp and that was average as well and I had to ask for more herb butter for flavor. Service was ok. The waitress was very friendly. Not a place for romantic dinners. We won't be coming back. Too many other upscale places with better food and service.Special Features:
- Probably won't go againGus26Dined on 8/26/2014Neither the service or the food are as good as Nicki and Sam's or Seasons 52.
- Waiting to be impressedLunchmeetingguruVIPDined on 8/26/2014I am more of a light eater and prefer salads and vegetables for meals in lieu of large heavy ones. Was challenged to find something that I wanted because they had limited vegetarian offerings but they did have about 4-5 salads. The waiter was nice and allowed me to switch up some things and get me something off the menu. Beautiful decor. No separate lunch menu noted. I think they only have the one menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DansbarandgrillDined on 8/25/2014Service from Amanda put a great meal over the top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 stars but not on resturant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014Typically five stars all around, but not during resturant week.Special Features:
- Lovely lunchAmyKDined on 8/25/2014Brent, out waiter was the highlight. The dresser was a little small, but delicious. We enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.