The Capital Grille - Phoenix
2502 East Camelback Suite 199
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Phoenix
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 6029528900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Thursday: 11:00am – 4:00pm, Friday 11:00am-4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday – Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday 4:00pm – 11:00pm, Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm Lounge Open Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jennifer Anderson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Available for Corporate breakfast meetings and Saturday and Sunday Exclusives prior to open, please contact Torri McFarland at 602-952-8900.
A word from The Capital Grille - Phoenix
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Capital Grille - Phoenix - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
The Capital Grille - Phoenix reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)romantic (34)notable wine list (34)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (18)great for lunch (14)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (5)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Great service, poor food.LordofEntropyDined on 9/12/2014The service was excellent here, great friendly staff. However, the food was extremely disappointing. I'm more than happy to pay 50 dollars for a steak, but I expect it to be done correctly. I get my filet rare, the first one was medium at best, only slightly pink and hot in the center. The second one that came out was more like a blue rare, it was COLD, not cool in the center, cold like touching your ice water. We barely ate any of the food. When paying nearly 300 dollars for two people I have the expectation that things are going to be done right, I'm not picky, but it needs to be done right when you're paying those prices. They ended up comping my steak and as mentioned the staff was great, not sure what was going on in the kitchen.Special Features:
- simply outstandingmjk1950VIPDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant sets the gold standard in every aspect. It is one of the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnnVIPDined on 9/12/2014It was fantastic. Best celebration of a special occasion ever.Special Features:
- Great date nighttwoodDined on 9/6/2014We've been there before and have never been disappointed. It is one of our favorite date night places. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter blew the experiencethebabydocVIPDined on 9/5/2014This is one of our "go to" places in Phoenix (where we live). We go about every 4-5 weeks and it is a favorite spot for special occasions. This time was my wife's birthday. We always bring our young daughter, who LOVES TCG. The food is ALWAYS 5/5 stars. Service is generally excellent with the waitstaff ranging from EXTREMELY attentive and sincere to (infrequently) off-putting and pushy (as if we were not ordering enough food or alcohol for them to be bothered with us.) This time was an extreme version of the latter, and it is a shame because it detracted from the otherwise excellent dining experience. As part of the "snob" treatment, our waiter solicited wine refills at least 3 times before our entrees came out almost 40 minutes late.Special Features:
- BradgVIPDined on 9/3/2014Always the best service and food. Always confident I can take clients and enjoy the experience.Special Features:
- Thanks to a FriendFoodFan20Dined on 8/31/2014After asking a friend for a recommendation for a very special occasion, I immediately set my reservation. The following day, I called the restaurant to "take it up a notch". They allowed me to select the entire dinner menu right down to the beverage that they did not carry on their list. The evening in a word: OUTSTANDING. And Our waiter was a fabulous host throughout the night. He was engaging yet did not come around too often. His presentation of the food was spot on. He presented the alternative drink in a fun way. And he left me with his business card for my next trip to The Grille. As Arnold Swartzenegger said in Terminator, "I'll be back!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Find!TedRDined on 8/30/2014Arrived to find our table with a wedding anniversary setting! Service was great - prompt, efficient and engaging. The manager stopped by to chat and was truly interested in our dining experience. The flight of wines was very delicious and fun. The steaks were prepared perfectly and the most tender, juicy that I have eaten in a long time. The lobster mac n cheese and cheesecake were especially notable also!Special Features:
- Excellent place for special eventsjltAZDined on 8/30/2014The staff goes beyond expectations to make you feel welcome and really takes care of your wants and desires. The place is pricy, but worth it.Special Features:
- I love this place!FoodmonkeyDined on 8/28/2014The food is always amazing and the staff is fantastic! The lunch menu is reasonable and I love having business meetings here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014We had a special celebration for lunch. Seven people. The waitress had the Chef prepare special desserts to celebrate the occasion without us knowing. GREAT customer service. Oh, and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak Seekerrudy2Dined on 8/8/2014Food very good. Went because of dry aged steak offering. Had porterhouse. Was tender but lacked flavor. That said, appetizers (blue point oysters and lobster-crab cakes were very satisfying. Service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful placeFoodieDined on 8/2/2014Although pricey, this is a great place to go for celebrations and special occasions. The food is marvelous, as is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my 60th with wine tasting, GREAT!!persnicketyDined on 7/31/2014We had a blast!! Thank you for making veggie dishes for my two vegetarian friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for celebration!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/23/2014We celebrated my son's birthday and the staff went above and beyond to ensure the table was decorated and they brought him a special dessert plate after we ate. Overall, it was a terrific experience and as always, the food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital GrilleRobReviewDined on 7/19/2014Always a fine dining experience no matter what town or City you're lucky enough to find one in. Always excellent food and vast wine selection. Great for groups, friends or romantic interludes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They take good care of youTXNinAZVIPDined on 7/11/2014First time here since moving to Arizona. First time for lunch. Nicole took excellent care of us. The food was spot on. Great lunch value. Can't wait to get back to Phoenix to dine again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Seventh!DoctorMarkDined on 7/7/2014We had an amazing time for a special night at the Biltmore Fashion Park location. Flowers were delivered without a hitch. Staff welcoming, server Nicole Neumann friendly but not obsequious, and the Chef made us extra touches that were very appreciated, including an amazing, customized dessert. Prime steaks seasoned and cooked to perfection. The Generous Pour summer wine promo is a fantastic deal, seven moderate glasses of wine for $25, including a delicious dessert wine. Not rushed at all, classic steakhouse décor, with many private dining rooms along the walls. All in all, one of the best dining experiences we've ever had.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2014We selected the Capital Grille for our 26th anniversary dinner based upon my wife's previous dining experience with her workmates. The service and food were worthy of a special occasion. Similar is atmosphere to a Flemings Steakhouse, this location was noticeably more quiet which was a plus. While there are no scenic views, the layout allows for couples to have a fairly private dining experience. The wine list is pretty decent but as one would expect, expensive. For example, one can buy a bottle of Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc for about $10 at any grocery store. A glass of KC wine runs $11 at CG. You get the picture. Dinner for 2 inc tax was just under $200. Overall, a very pleasant experience!Special Features:
- Business power dinnerSeattleGuyDined on 6/22/2014We needed a quiet and elegant dinner venue to discuss an important event the next morning. All six of us thoroughly enjoyed the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella appetizer, lox and capers today, and the very sumptuous bread assortment. Steaks were perfectly cooked. Service was perfect, our waiter was very respectful of the pace of conversation and let the fairly intense discussion flow...but was there immediately when we needed him. Being from Seattle, I needed a recommendation and was glad I took the advice. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Enjoyed the evening. Food was great and service wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceJT41Dined on 6/17/2014Overall I could not have been more pleased with our experience at the Capital Grill. Great service from bar to table, by ALL staff. Food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KailaVIPDined on 6/14/2014Jon, our waiter was very helpful with the Gluten Free Menu for one of the guests and offering suggestions for all of us. We all had different fish dishes which were delicious and very generous portions. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Always a great steak dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2014Great prime steak location, and service is always top notch. If you are into wine, ask for the 'real' wine list. The menu has a 2 page wine list included, but they have another that has much more on it and some great selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak and seafood paradiseTrvlnetr66Dined on 5/31/2014Capital grille is the classic steak and seafood restaurant: Quiet, dark wood decor, fine wine list, attentive service. My wife and I both had the Grilled Chilean Seabass. It was the best we have ever had, hands down. Cooked to perfection with a light broth than kept it moist, even with a light char crust. Lobstercrabcakes were also the best we've had, with amazing relish and sauce. We were blown away by how good this place was and will return to try the steaks.Special Features:
- Consistently goodTravelfoodyVIPDined on 5/26/2014Sometimes forget about it being here but never disappointedSpecial Features:
- Always greatMikeSDined on 5/26/2014Spectacular service from time we walked in til we walked out. Nicole (our server) was absolutely exceptional. Food was great, like it always is. Keep up the awesome work!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday boyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/26/2014We took our son for his 20th birthday. The table was set up to celebrate with a card and the server wished him happy birthday several times. The food was excellent as it has always been and never disappoints. The server was great. My son was also served a special dessert tray with Happy Birthday written in chocolate. I would highly recommend this restaurant to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekShelby65Dined on 5/25/2014$40 For a 3 course meal, perfectly cooked filet mignon and delicious flourless chocolate cake along with great service. Capital Grille is a great place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Restaurant WeekBobAzDined on 5/25/2014Best Restaurant Week experience by far. Just business as usual at a premium location, with food, drink, and service all at the highest levels. No sense of industrial prep as at some other places, with a FABULOUS menu for RW that we supplemented with some indulgences (steak tartare, shrimp cocktail) we hadn't had in a while -- I'm still savoring the flavors! Service was professional and personal, just the right level of attentiveness and help with answers about the menu and wine list. And house-prepped, silvery-sided anchovies with the Caesar salad? Haven't seen those in years, one of the little things CG did so well. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 465 reviews are from the The Capital Grille - Phoenix reviews archive.
- Wonderful mealAZFoodieVIPDined on 5/24/2014Did a “classic’ salad, steak, potato meal. And it was as good as it gets. Salads were cold, crisp and perfectly dressed. We both had the filet, served a precisely proper medium-rare. The cut was flawless and tender; the flavor outstanding. My companion and I both agreed that this was probably the best steak we’ve had in the Phoenix area, easily giving Durant’s, Donovan’s, Shula’s, etc. a run for the money.Special Features:
- Very Consistent!OldProVIPDined on 5/23/2014Food and service is always very good! They were very nice to my 2 year old grandson!Special Features:
- Great service and ambienceLivingfullyDined on 5/21/2014First time we went we were "wowed". Everything was outstanding. This time the food lacked a bit but still an overall great experience. Service is outstanding and the desserts are awesome. Especially a great place for special occasions.Special Features:
- Our Capitol GrillBunnyDined on 5/21/2014We've been dining at this location since it opened. We've had the most amazing server, Terry Wilson, and always sit in his section. All the staff at this location should be commended. They are a great group, great food, lovely experience!Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekRufusDined on 5/21/2014The highlight was Jorge our waiter. He is probably the best waiter we have had in Phoenix. Since this was restaurant week there was a set menu for the visit. Several great choices. I chose the 14 oz. Steak, my wife the 8 oz filet. The bread was good, the mash potatoes were very good. The salad was ok, just a fresh garden salad. I did not like the half cooked green beans, yes i know that is what everyone is doing but I don't like the taste at all. The desert, we chose the flower less chocolate cake. Excellent choice. Very good with a cup of coffee or expresso after the meal. This was a very nice evening meal for us and I will make The Capital Grill a choice for dining in the future. Again thank you Jorge for your great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant WeekScottsdalefoodieDined on 5/19/2014I have been to this restaurant many times. However three of my friends wanted to try it. They loved it! The service from Robbie was outstanding and his extra side recommendations were superb. What a fantastic evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent Restaurant Week MenuMargaretDined on 5/17/2014a bargain for a great meal. Salmon is fabulous; Kona coffee rubbed steak cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- exceptional servicekerryDined on 5/11/2014My daughter and I celebrated mothers day there unfortunately she just had oral surgery and we could only order side meals. There was a small glitch in the meal and our waitress immediately remedied and surprised us with no bill and a dessert. I have been to numerous 5 star restaurants when plenty had gone wrong with my meal and simply received an apology. Capital Grille Biltmore went above expectations and for that they will have my business forever. Thanks to our waitress and her manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindyVIPDined on 5/11/2014We were neglected during dinner. The waiter had larger tables that he was catering to. It took us 15 min to have someone wrap up our food and give us the bill.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dining ExperienceculinarysnobDined on 5/11/2014Truly exquisite food and exceptional service. Highly recommended!Special Features: